Ella Enchanted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Oh gosh, I hope no one has already started a thread for this book. confused Has anyone read this book? And what did you think of it?

badkittykitty
I don't think a thread has been started on it..whats it about

RoguePw25
I've read the book. It's about this girl named Ella (duh?) and when she was born, one fairy gave her the gift of beauty, another charm and one fairy gave her the gift of obedience. Whatever anyone tells Ella to do, she has to do it. She can try to fight it off, but she'll start to get dizzy and stuff.

It's really good. It's kind of the Cinderella story, (get the ELLA in CINDERELLA) and all. Through the book, Ella is trying to find the fairy who cursed her with this gift, so that she can remove it. Happy Dance

slashwristbarbi
That is actually one of my favourite books (even though I may be a little too old for it now!) and I can't beleive someone else knows it! I love the little twist at the end, and Ella is a fantastic character. And Olga is just hilarious!

RoguePw25
I totally agree

sailor_neriede
Ella Enchanted is a tottaly awsome book! And no one is ever too old to read it. All people can enjoy it, which is what makes it so good!

RoguePw25
Exactly. And with the movie coming out, I expect more people to read the book.

SlayerChick1188
I loved this book! but they slaughtered the movie!!! cry

dragonpisces272
isnt this the book with that girl smiling like the mona lisa?

Maikahyandowen
i read it! reading best cinderella story there is.

slashwristbarbi
They're making a movie?! Wow! Whens it coming out? I have to see that!

RoguePw25
I think the movie has already come out, right?? I've seen a few commercials on TV about it. Plus, the girl who stared in The Princess Diaries plays Ella in this movie.

Really Slayer?? I haven't seen it yet, so I wouldn't know. What was bad about it?? Did they blow it up? blowup

Maikahyandowen
Anne Hathaway is Ella. just judging by the previews it looks like they screwed up a lot of stuff.

slashwristbarbi
It hasn't come out over in the UK, at least I havent seen any previews for it. Even if they have screwed it up, I'd still like to see it. I'm not all that suprised they screwed it up, most films based on books are nothing like the book at all.

Maikahyandowen
except Lord of the Rings!

RoguePw25
Yeah, but slash is right. Most books made to movies aren't that good.

Maikahyandowen
no. sad

slashwristbarbi
Yes, LOTR was brill! But it's like Stephen King books that are made into films - 99% of them are absoloute crap! Even though most of them are based on fantastic books!

I really hope they havent slaughted Ella Enchanted to much, its one of my fave books! I may have to cry.

sailor_neriede
I haven't seen any of the comercials but my friend did, and she says that it has her stopping in mid-air while jumping over a barrel when someone says, "Freeze!". Judging from that, they've probably screwed it up real good. mad

Maikahyandowen
can't win everything i suppose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.