Username.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

New_Born_Pyro
"If you have any problems/questions, please start a new thread."

Wll I requested a new username a few days ago and It's still not changed. I already have a signature with my new username in it, and it looks so stupid when I still have my old one. You said it would be approve within 48 hours, and It's been a few days by now.

Why is it taking so long?

Storm
Omdat de administrator (Raz) momenteel aan het genieten is van een vakantie.

Clovie
Originally posted by Storm
Omdat de administrator (Raz) momenteel aan het genieten is van een vakantie.

and what if the person is from french speaking part of belgium? huh

(plus..i didn't know that dutch is so easy... you said "because(?) raz is on the vacation at the moment smart )

New_Born_Pyro
Yes he said that!
It's ok, I speak dutch. So vacation eh. Then I'll just have to wait. Thanks for the info.

Clovie
storm is a 'she' ninja

yerssot
next time it's perhaps better to write down somewhere that it's better to first check if Raz is active before asking a namechange

Storm
Originally posted by Clovie
and what if the person is from french speaking part of belgium? huh

Ha, a Walloon on a forum with as official language the English...

Clovie
Originally posted by Storm
Ha, a Walloon on a forum with as official language the English... that's impossible? huh

Funkadelic
Kinda

lol

Bardock42
A most interesting bump. Nice new Username by the way.

Kaldorei
Hello there, everyone.

About one week ago from now, I requested a change of name. The request was replied by that I should wait 24-48 hours and I will get approved (If the name is okey, I guess).

The problem right now is, I have been waiting way longer than 48 hours. I have probably about 120 hours, if not even more yes

My question is following;
How long does it take for a name change, at tops? I can be patient, but I would really like to know how long I am expected to wait confused

/Best of wishes- Kaldorei.

BakaXero
maybe until Raz Almighty appears

..::Marea::..
I think Raz is away for a bit.

My advice is wait it out a bit longer.

Storm
Raz is currently absent. Be patient.

Kaldorei
Oh, I see. I will have to endure then. I guess it is a good thing, as I really need to learn how to be patient smile Thank you, all.

Okami_Oni
i hate to tell you this... but he usually changes them within a few days... he may have decided that he didn't want to approve... one way to check this is to go back to the name change forum and check you name(s) it will have either "Approved" "Denied" or "Pending" by whatever you entered for your new name... I have never, however, known him not to change names... i have the stupidest reasons, but mine always gets changed, hell i've changed it several times... PM him and see what's up...

Lana
Um, no, that's not it at all. It's exactly as Storm said; Raz is currently absent.

Kaldorei
Well, he have not been online for some time. I guess he has to log into the forum in order to see the requests.

Latest login date for him was 24th January.

Where can I find this Approved/Denied/Pending forum?

I however could not think of any reason that 'Marie-Lee' should be denied confused

Well, thank you for telling me this smile

Okami_Oni
ah, if it's been used, he'll deny it, but if he's absent, i s'pose tha's all the problem... whaddo i know?

Help
Ye hes been oflline for a while now,I've been waiting to see if he knows anything about my account crisis.

Impediment
Be patient.

Raz always delivers. yes

Kaldorei
I believe he does smile I will be patient yes

Raven Guardia
I am glad I came to this forum and seen this thread. I also asked for a name change and have wondered why he hasnt replied.I dont mind waiting though and I hope all is well with him.

Wolflet
Patience is a game...

Captain Maynard
I only ask this because my new name has been awaiting approval for 11 days.

So I was just wondering if he is on a vacation, or what.

Storm
Raz is currently not available.

yvonekarate
I also made a request, but haven't got a reply, so I believe when they say that he's not available. I promise to be patient. smile

Regards, Yvonne

Tattoo
Originally posted by yvonekarate
I also made a request, but haven't got a reply, so I believe when they say that he's not available. I promise to be patient. smile

Regards, Yvonne

Considering he hasn't been online in 15 days, yeah...I'd say he's not available. no expression

Captain Maynard
I think we all know he is not available.

Impediment
Raz is doing "Raz things", right now.

Raz will appear when Raz wants to. Only then, will he answer your heathen requests. yes

Devil King
When Raz gets back, can someone ask him if it would be possible for us to get a link back to the forums at the bottom of the thread, rather than having to scroll all the way back to the top if we have nothing to say in the thread?

We have it so hard these days, don't we?

Barker
What's wrong with using the back button?

Emma718
i have to say i haven't changed my user name once since i joined a little over 3 years ago lol. I might one day, you never know.

Mišt
Originally posted by Barker

lol pwnt jockey

~JP~

Whats wrong with the forum jump button on the bottom? Thats what I use. no expression

Barker
Originally posted by ~JP~
Whats wrong with the forum jump button on the bottom? Thats what I use. no expression
You have to scroll down to see it sometimes.

Someone come scratch my leg and pour my milk, I'm lazy. no expressionno expression

~JP~
laughing out loud

Devil King

When the last page is a post you're typing, the last page isn't where I want to go.

Barker
Check that little box that says "return to forum after post".

no expression

Lana
Or just use the forum jump, as it defaults to the forum you're in...

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Lana
Or just use the forum jump, as it defaults to the forum you're in...
Black KMC style sucks.

You have to first evaluate the choices of buttons you have and then press the correct one, stupid! Geeze, most of you here are so clueless about things.

BakaXero
some people make suggestions in the wrong thread and others just make stupid inappropriate comments while trying to act smart and failing to see the flaws in their own comments ermm

guess who fell into the hole of stupidity?
EVERYONE!!! except me... cause you can't fall into a place you're already at. happy

PITT_HAPPENS
I posted a name change request almost a month ago and was wondering if it was denied or something else. My last name change took about a week and I know Raz is a busy man but I saw some new updates to the site and wondering if I need to resubmit my request.

Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/namechange.php

It will list your history.

Spidervlad
Wow my first name change was 1144 days ago. So, wazzup Raz? XD

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Raz

It will list your history. I have checked that page a few times but it only shows my current username and how long ago but not my latest submission.

Barker
Asked for a name change two days after registration. ermmnone

Raz
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
I have checked that page a few times but it only shows my current username and how long ago but not my latest submission. Submit it again.

Spidervlad
Asked for a name change two days after registration. ermmnone

Silly bear.

Roflcopter, Plo Koon? O_o

Impediment
What do you want to change your name to, Case?

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Raz
Submit it again. OK, will do and thank you.

Edit: I tried to resubmit but it says that it has already been taken but I don't find any users with that username "The Pittman" or are spaces not allowed in them?

Originally posted by Impediment
What do you want to change your name to, Case? The Pittman but this time with a space, the last one didn't have one so I hope it is different enough.

PITT_HAPPENS
I'm still having the same problem

PITT_HAPPENS
I tried changing it again today to "The Pittman" but it still says that it has been taken, when I first submitted the change it went through just fine so I don't know if it has been locked since the first submission.

Barker
Someone might have had it in the past..

PITT_HAPPENS
Someone might have had it in the past.. Well when I submitted it awhile back it went thought just fine and said that it was put into the que.

Barker
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Silly bear.

Roflcopter, Plo Koon? O_o
rfflz dunt no y i did dat
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
Well when I submitted it awhile back it went thought just fine and said that it was put into the que.
It should still be there then? haermm

I don't know what I'm talking about, wait for Raz to respond. haermm

PITT_HAPPENS
rfflz dunt no y i did dat

It should still be there then? haermm

I don't know what I'm talking about, wait for Raz to respond. haermm I thought you were all knowing confused stick out tongue

Raz
You've had it in the past.

"The Pittman" is considered the same as "ThePittman" - spaces removed when comparing.

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Raz
You've had it in the past.

"The Pittman" is considered the same as "ThePittman" - spaces removed when comparing. Cool, thanks for the answer. I wasn't sure if it was or not.

Barker
Ask for "El Pittman". 13

Tattoo

PITT_HAPPENS

~JP~
Originally posted by Raz

It will list your history.

Odd, one of mine is missing. messed

Raz
Manual changes made by me aren't listed there.

brainchild81
I submitted a change request like 4 days ago. What's going on?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by brainchild81
I submitted a change request like 4 days ago. What's going on?

You have to wait for Raz to sign on.

Outbound

J.P Jaeh_Poole
it's been seven days since i filed a new name for approval...

Phucked Up
Originally posted by J.P Jaeh_Poole
it's been seven days since i filed a new name for approval...

And Raz lasted signed on in July...

brainchild81
I hope he's alright.

Strangelove
Wouldn't it be more expedient to delegate the name-changing authority to one of the globals, since they're on more often?

J.P Jaeh_Poole
Originally posted by Phucked Up
And Raz lasted signed on in July...

and that's the problem right there...

brainchild: ..he's probably.. er, busy? *shrug*

Stranglove: I'm inclined to agree for i've been waiting on my new username for quiet a while now...

caedusrulesall
I've been waiting for my name change for 10 days now.

Anyone have any idea when Raz is going to be back from vacation?

Strangelove: I agree with you there. Or maybe appoint a temporary admin while Raz is away...

Peach
Originally posted by Strangelove
Wouldn't it be more expedient to delegate the name-changing authority to one of the globals, since they're on more often?

Name changes aren't exactly a top priority, though.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Peach
Name changes aren't exactly a top priority, though. Obviously. That doesn't mean it still can't be done though.

Bardock42

J.P Jaeh_Poole
...does anyone actually know where Raz is?

Mr.blanka
Originally posted by J.P Jaeh_Poole
...does anyone actually know where Raz is? Dude, give him a break, he's probably busy and will be back soon.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Strangelove
Wouldn't it be more expedient to delegate the name-changing authority to one of the globals, since they're on more often? Ditto

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Mr.blanka
Dude, give him a break, he's probably busy and will be back soon.

People really shouldn't have to wait, like, a monthto have something as simple as a name change done. no expression

I think that Global's should get the power to do it as well. That's the reason for Moderator's existence in the first place, to branch out the responsibilities. I really don't think it's fair to Raz to have to do all of the name changing for thousands of members (Not literally, you get the point), when he has so many G.Mods around, and it's not fair to others for the one man in charge of it to disappear like that without saying something.

All of this is no offense to Raz, of course. The man works his ass off.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
People really shouldn't have to wait, like, a monthto have something as simple as a name change done. no expression

I think that Global's should get the power to do it as well. That's the reason for Moderator's existence in the first place, to branch out the responsibilities. I really don't think it's fair to Raz to have to do all of the name changing for thousands of members (Not literally, you get the point), when he has so many G.Mods around, and it's not fair to others for the one man in charge of it to disappear like that without saying something.

All of this is no offense to Raz, of course. The man works his ass off.

Definition of moderator:

"1. One that moderates, as:
a. One that arbitrates or mediates.
b. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate."

They are here to keep the topics and members under control basically as babysitters, not to branch out the responsibilities. That's the job of the parent, aka the administrator.

Peach
Basically, yes.

And considering that name changes are a privilege and don't have to be allowed at all (for a very long time, they weren't)...I think you can deal with waiting for a little while.

Bardock42
Basically, yes.

And considering that name changes are a privilege and don't have to be allowed at all (for a very long time, they weren't)...I think you can deal with waiting for a little while. To be fair everything on a private site is a priviledge. Is there a specific reason why Raz is the only one that OKs name changes?

Peach
Originally posted by Bardock42
To be fair everything on a private site is a priviledge. Is there a specific reason why Raz is the only one that OKs name changes?

Because, assuming that vBulletin's setup is similar to that of other boards, you need to access the admin control panel to do stuff like that.

chillmeistergen
Is a name change really that bothersome to some people? You liked the name enough to originally choose it, what's another month wait until you can change it so it's in line with the latest movie fad? Just take a deep breath and accept that you'll have to wait for your Watchmen, Batman, or any other comic to movie adaptation themed name.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Bardock42
To be fair everything on a private site is a priviledge. Is there a specific reason why Raz is the only one that OKs name changes? Originally posted by Peach
Because, assuming that vBulletin's setup is similar to that of other boards, you need to access the admin control panel to do stuff like that.

And to access the Admin Control Panel gives you access to do whatever you want to the rest of the forum and once mistake can see the forum wiped clean.

Bardock42

That sounds like a pretty good reason.

Strangelove
Because, assuming that vBulletin's setup is similar to that of other boards, you need to access the admin control panel to do stuff like that. Well then forget what I said earlier.

Impediment
Username changes, IMO, should be delegated to Raz, the Admin, only. Like Ken and Lana said: to change a username, one has to access the vB controls, and one screw up could spell S-H-I-T for KMC. Why Raz hasn't signed on in months is none of my business. Maybe he has better things to do. All I can say is: be patient, my friend.

Grand_Moff_Gav
This forum is an Absolute Despotism...we should just be happy with how good it is.

J.P Jaeh_Poole
...how'd we get here? i was just asking, quite innocently, i might add, if anyone knew where he was.. *shrug*

i see your points, though, even though i'm still quite confused where they all came from.

would be fn if i get my name changed soo though, but i can wait... *shrug*

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ofcourse, it is a waiting game.

Impediment
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
This forum is an Absolute Despotism...we should just be happy with how good it is.

Then why are you here?

Blax_Hydralisk
Because he's a kiss ass?

Raz
Name changes have been processed. Apologies for the delay.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
thanks Raz.

Jbill311
Ok, here's a NOOB question: If I change my username, will all of my previous posts change as though I had changed a signature?

T.M
Yes If you change your username all your posts will show up as the new username.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jbill311
Ok, here's a NOOB question: If I change my username, will all of my previous posts change as though I had changed a signature?

Quotes won't though, which can look confusing. Yet funny.

T.M
It will stay the same in the thread starter bit to.

Raz
Plus, you current username will be logged in your profile, for identification purposes.

MIŠT
Thanks for the name change happy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Raz
Plus, you current username will be logged in your profile, for identification purposes. Is it possible that there are some missing sometimes?

Peach
Yeah, there are. I know that there are some usernames missing from profiles from back when we could change them ourselves - mine doesn't have Silver Stardust listed, for example.

MIŠT
Yeah, there are. I know that there are some usernames missing from profiles from back when we could change them ourselves - mine doesn't have Silver Stardust listed, for example.

Does that mean you can go back to that username or does it count as taken?

Peach
I'd assume it still counts as taken...

Though, I just went to the 'change username' page and didn't have that listed amongst my former usernames, either. Huh.

Bardock42
Looooophole ha-som

Sorry, OTF mood struck.

Peach
Go back to killing droids stick out tongue

Bardock42
Go back to killing droids stick out tongue Yes, ma'am, right on it, ma'am.

stick out tongue

Grand-Moff-Gav
Seeeeeeedy

Syren

English Moosette is missing from my previous username list, but Syren is on it as my first choice of name. I got it back after I decided I didn't like Lady von Tramp any more mwahaha

skywalker833
I asked to be called Ex-Jedi two days ago, but now I want to be called Lethal Rogue.

Raz
Err, you ARE asked several times before you submit your request. Got no one else to blame!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.