Where are the flying cars we thought were gonna be apart of the future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Where are the flying cars we thought were gonna be apart of the future.

We certainly have the money brains and technology to make a hovercar.

So why not make one. At least a prototype.

I think that soon we'll be forced to make hovercars when world oil depots deplete. Yeah you have solar cars and electric car but i think poeple will want more mobility and comfort.

I remember watching "Back to the Future pt. II" 7 times in the movies back in the mid 80's when I was a kid. The movie took place in the year 2015 and it looked so beautiful. Skateboards were hovering. Jakets and sneakers spoke and dryed themselves when wet. Microwaves heated meals in 4 seconds and Cars were flying. I was facinated. Now, its only 10 years to 2015 and I don't think we'l be seeing any of that. Why.

Lets get some cars in the air.

Let's soar.

dark1365
They are still in the future buddy.

hotsauce6548
Okay, one thing, do you mean hovercar or flying car? If you mean hover car, as in it won't get that far off the ground, than I doubt they will ever become popular (assuming that they are even created). There would be no point to them, seeing as they would only go a few feet or more off the ground.

Now, flying cars. Well, the first flying car has already flown, bud. A while back, too, I think like 2000 or 2001. Anyway, I remember reading about it. I can see flying cars becoming popular, as they will help with speed, mobility, and possibly less conjuction on the ground (as in there will be no need for roads).

If you want to check that flying car thing out, I remember reading it in a magazine a few years back. I would suggest using Google. yes

((The_Anomaly))
we will have them eventually....

we need a type of way to transverse gravity though...

last I heard NASA was already experimenting with constructing anti-gravity devices.

Jackie Malfoy
THey have yet to come but I think later on in the future we should see them anytime soon.Inleast I hope so,.JM

Bardock42
Look buddy....this is now...not the future so we don't have them......thinking aboot that we would never have them....so I am wrong stick out tongue

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Okay, one thing, do you mean hovercar or flying car? If you mean hover car, as in it won't get that far off the ground, than I doubt they will ever become popular (assuming that they are even created). There would be no point to them, seeing as they would only go a few feet or more off the ground.

Now, flying cars. Well, the first flying car has already flown, bud. A while back, too, I think like 2000 or 2001. Anyway, I remember reading about it. I can see flying cars becoming popular, as they will help with speed, mobility, and possibly less conjuction on the ground (as in there will be no need for roads).

If you want to check that flying car thing out, I remember reading it in a magazine a few years back. I would suggest using Google. yes

Do you mean a car plane or an actual flying car? I mean ive head about cars that have wings that can fly, ive seen them fly myself. But ive never heard about flying cars such as the ones in "Back to the Future 2".

Magee
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Where are the flying cars we thought were gonna be apart of the future.

We certainly have the money brains and technology to make a hovercar.

So why not make one. At least a prototype.

I think that soon we'll be forced to make hovercars when world oil depots deplete. Yeah you have solar cars and electric car but i think poeple will want more mobility and comfort.

I remember watching "Back to the Future pt. II" 7 times in the movies back in the mid 80's when I was a kid. The movie took place in the year 2015 and it looked so beautiful. Skateboards were hovering. Jakets and sneakers spoke and dryed themselves when wet. Microwaves heated meals in 4 seconds and Cars were flying. I was facinated. Now, its only 10 years to 2015 and I don't think we'l be seeing any of that. Why.

Lets get some cars in the air.

Let's soar. You want a flying car? Here it is smile

Flying Car

debbiejo
How would ya follow the traffic lanes up there?

hotsauce6548
There we go. That's the one I remember reading about.

Xanatos
Originally posted by debbiejo
How would ya follow the traffic lanes up there?

Thats the problem we have everthing we need, but raffic laws and ways of keeping order in the air.

Magee
Originally posted by debbiejo
How would ya follow the traffic lanes up there? It's quite simple. They are controlled by computers which have gprs and they create a sort of virtual highway. There would be almost no "road" accidents if flying cars were mass produced.

ShotgunWes
I'm sorry Magee but what you said made no sense to me. Can you re-iterate what you meant please?

@F1
Maybe they could build raised roads. to solve traffic problems. OR taxis should be Goverment owened, so we would only be charged a small fare for fuel. And then get rid of private transport.

debbiejo
Taxes might be cheaper on air roads.

ragesRemorse
i cant see flying cars being introduced into society for along time. That is just entire new way of life. New policing, new laws, just new everything. I'm sure a flying car could be constructed quite easily, if it were the focus of the world. People in general are not even responsible enough to fly grounded cars.

shaber
A flying car would be very difficult to drive and any accidents would be certain to have devastating consequences. That is why helicopters were not mass marketed to begin with and cars were.

Cyd
The flying cars we were expecting for this present are still in the mind of those who knows how to build them. Trapped in the imagination of these people who need the money to make their dream possible. I mean, our dream...

leonheartmm
flying cars are spectacular, but not very efficient, cost, maintainace, and controlling wise.

Atlantis001
Flying cars could have good use in military, and other more restricted services, but for the population I think we will need a more stable car, since its more difficult to pilot, and almost any accident can result in death.YIKES!messed Imagine what will happen if you had any minor problem, it will not be just a matter of fixing it up, it could cost your life.

debbiejo
Military would be good, there are some unmanned crafts...If there are every flying cars, they'll probably be preprogrammed to fly and not manually by us.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.