storm VS quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
the beautiful windrider VS magnetos son

who wins?

GalacticStorm
Storm without a doubt. Quicksilver is totally outclassed

Swanky-Tuna
What is Quicksilver to do when Storm seemingly always jets straight into the upper atmosphere and levels everything on the battleground.

colossus17
ummm............run smart

Swanky-Tuna
His only hope is if it's the advanced Quicksilver. Then he could run up and pop her in the face until Stormfront says they don't know where each other is and can't see each other.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
His only hope is if it's the advanced Quicksilver. Then he could run up and pop her in the face until Stormfront says they don't know where each other is and can't see each other. lol

stormfront13
isn't quicksilver just basically a very downgraded flash. mean nothing like the flash but has the tornado thing, and building running thing goin on. and swanky i have never said anything like that

hoorayforpeepee
ever since he was exposed to isotope e (i think) by high evolutionary, he is MUCH faster. but still not at the level of wally west, more on the level of kid flash.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
isn't quicksilver just basically a very downgraded flash. mean nothing like the flash but has the tornado thing, and building running thing goin on.
On his own, he could "only" run like 150mph. With the isotope he could hit several machs I think. Like 6 or 7 tops.

It was your answer to the Spiderman speedblitz in the Spiderman vs Storm thread I believe.

stormfront13
no, i said that they start kinda far apart, and they each have knowlege of eachother. that is completley different from what you said

they don't know where each other is and can't see each other.

Swanky-Tuna
no, i said that they start kinda far apart, and they each have knowlege of eachother. that is completley different from what you said

they don't know where each other is and can't see each other.
You're going to make me hunt through that whole 13-page-thread-on-max-post-per-page setting aren't you.

stormfront13
no need to. that is what i said. no where in the spiderman VS storm thread did i say that they couldn't see eachother and don't know where the other is

hoorayforpeepee
well i got curious about how fast the new quicksilver is, so i checked some RPG sites whistle .

according to the most recent stats, quicksilver can achieve up to 150,000 mph if he strains himself, and is normally limited to 15,000 mph.

so anywhere from 4 miles per second to 41 miles per second.

GalacticStorm
Really? Where'd u get those stats from? 150, 000 miles per hr? Thats approaching the speed of light. Since when has Quicksilver been able to run that fast?

hoorayforpeepee
exposure to isotope e, and isotope created by high evolutionary to hyper-advance existing mutations, or to create new mutations.

and speed of light is 186,000 miles per second.

Swanky-Tuna
no need to. that is what i said. no where in the spiderman VS storm thread did i say that they couldn't see eachother and don't know where the other is
Regardless, whenever there has been a speed advantage to an opponent of Storm's in your thread you always set them way apart from each other.

colossus17
his top speed is around 8,000 miles per hour..but no where near speeds mentioned.....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
exposure to isotope e, and isotope created by high evolutionary to hyper-advance existing mutations, or to create new mutations.

and speed of light is 186,000 miles per second.

I know. So wouldnt you consider 150,000 miles to therefore be approaching it?

I was just trying to make evident a sense of scale to those who might not hav known the exact figure.

I still dont believe QS to be capable of such speeds. Hav u got a link to the site you found out these new stats?

hoorayforpeepee
yeah, http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/quicksilver.html

the speed is "shift-x" to "class 1000". then you have to hunt down a marvel RPG speed chart, so you can find out what shift-x and class 1000 are...i might have read the chart wrong, who knows.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I know. So wouldnt you consider 150,000 miles to therefore be approaching it?

I was just trying to make evident a sense of scale to those who might not hav known the exact figure.
He's not even close at 150,000mph. Lightspeed is just over 669 million mph.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He's not even close at 150,000mph. Lightspeed is just over 669 million mph.

You are correct, sir.

hoorayforpeepee
wow...just found a speed chart, and it appears quicksilver's range is actually all the way up to 1,000,000 miles per hour O__o.

http://www.classicmarvel.com/house_rules/super_speedsters.htm

something's fishy...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
You are correct, sir.

Really? So why is that 186,000mph stuck in my head? I swear i was taught that. Well i suppose that was nearly a decade ago lol

stormfront13
Regardless, whenever there has been a speed advantage to an opponent of Storm's in your thread you always set them way apart from each other.- swanky-tuna

no, i don't set them WAY apart i only set them between a mile and a mile and a half appart. in the spiderman thread they were only 25 feet apart because thats what people wanted, then they still complained it was unfair

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Really? So why is that 186,000mph stuck in my head? I swear i was taught that. Well i suppose that was nearly a decade ago lol

Replace miles per hour with miles per second.

colossus17
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
wow...just found a speed chart, and it appears quicksilver's range is actually all the way up to 1,000,000 miles per hour O__o.

http://www.classicmarvel.com/house_rules/super_speedsters.htm

something's fishy...

not real source.....

stormfront13
^^can that source be counted?? its for a role-playing game

colossus17
yeah but....they dont have right bios...on characters..........

life is cruell
doesnt look like storm has much of a chance here

stormfront13
i thought so because i have seen bios on them and they seem really different

Swanky-Tuna
no, i don't set them WAY apart i only set them between a mile and a mile and a half appart. in the spiderman thread they were only 25 feet apart because thats what people wanted, then they still complained it was unfair
A mile to a mile and a half way apart. And I don't recall you ever changing it to 25 feet. It was the mile thing probably. You and your miles.
Originally posted by life is cruell
doesnt look like storm has much of a chance here
It all depends on which version of Quicksilver it is. The isotope enhanced one is in favor but the lower "he shouldn't have a lightning bolt on his costume, he should have a racecar because that's how fast he is" Quicksilver would be pretty hard pressed to make the distance before Storm flies a million feet in the air and levels the environment with biblical apocalypse.

The reason I don't think Quicksilver will win is because I don't think he's enhanced anymore and this is stormfront.

hoorayforpeepee
the marvel RPG pages i showed take their stats straight from the official marvel universe handbook.

hm...if it helps, kid flash's (bart allen) top speed is slightly below quicksilvers (shift-z as opposed to class 1000)

stormfront13
but the link you also gave us was for a game. and swanky if your going to be that way then why even post? seriously you don't know me and you base your opinion of me on how i made one thread. if you had read the spidey thread you will see that someone said they should be 25 feet apart and i said fine. also a mile isn't that far apart. i can run one in 7 minutes so someone like storm or spidey should be able to do it faster. and this is the new version of quicksilver

hoorayforpeepee
i know the link was for a game, but they stats they use for the RPG are taken from the marvel universe handbook.

stormfront13
well most other sites that are for role-playing games provide false info so i wasn't excatley sure

stormfront13
swanky how do i make you hate storm?

Swanky-Tuna
swanky how do i make you hate storm?
Ever eat one food too much? A food you don't have any problems with but you eat it so much that you just get sick of it?

pr1983
marvel rps usually come from the ccg's which are all based on the official bios...

stormfront13
well not reLly, but thats like saying that if you like a character for a long time then you'll hate them. the only places that i talk about storm are in threads for her or threads for the x-men and i hardly talk about storm in threads for the x-men generally. and i have used her for examples like twice to prove a point which gets through to people, and after that is never brought up again. if storm is supposed to be talked about in a thread, then don't go there if you hate her. its as simple as that

stormfront13
what are ccg's?

pr1983
well not reLly, but thats like saying that if you like a character for a long time then you'll hate them. the only places that i talk about storm are in threads for her or threads for the x-men and i hardly talk about storm in threads for the x-men generally. and i have used her for examples like twice to prove a point which gets through to people, and after that is never brought up again. if storm is supposed to be talked about in a thread, then don't go there if you hate her. its as simple as that

no its not, youve gone way overboard...

what are ccg's?

collectable card games...

stormfront13
i'm just wondering how have i gone overboard? i have only used her as an example in a thread that wasn't about her like twice

stormfront13
idk maybe i can fix it or something but i don't think i have gone overboard

Swanky-Tuna
well not reLly, but thats like saying that if you like a character for a long time then you'll hate them.
If you obcess over them, yeah, that might happen. I really like the Doomsday's Stand map on Warcraft III but sometimes I just don't feel like playing it.

It's not so bad now. Maybe I'm building up a resistance. But not too long ago I couldn't go a day without seeing 3-4 Storm vs threads on the first page. But pretty much every chance you get it seems you mention her. Good grief, READ UP ON MORE CHARACTERS! CHANGE IT UP A LITTLE! Get some vah-rah-ah-tee.

Also, I don't know how how fast the latest Quicksilver can move. I heard from some that he's back to his original speeds but I don't know for sure.

At the top-original speed of 175, it'll take him like 30 seconds to cover a mile.

At the "lowest" top speed for isotope Quicksilver, which was mine at mach 7, it'll take him about a second and a half to cover the mile. Both versions have 1 ton lifting power in their legs but that won't help racecar Quicksilver much.

If he truely is in the 1million mph speeds, that just closes the gap.

stormfront13
well that time even i had gotten a little sick of storm and those threads weren't mine, except the spiderman one, another was nataku's and someone else had one. there was only one of mine so you can't say it's my fault because of that. i know more than others think it's just that storm is what i know best. i know everything about her. she wasn't even supposed to be in the comics, a woman named black cat was supposed to take her place. i have the pic if you want it. but i guess that's its that storm was a mistake that grew to be a very popular character is the reason as to why i like her so much. i still want to know how 9 am going overboard seeing as this is the first thread i created about storm in a loooong time

Scoobless
suped up Quicksilver could kill Storm, or almost anyone without enhanced durability, fairly ....... "quickly"

stormfront13
imo old quicksilver would lose but new quicksilver would win

Swanky-Tuna
It kind of puts that mile in perspective doesn't it? Thirty second is a long time in a fight and that's for a guy who can run over 150mph.

Scoobless
even in the old days he could throw stuff like gunfire though

stormfront13
i never said they were a mile apart, i never specified the distance

Swanky-Tuna
i never said they were a mile apart, i never specified the distance
Yeah, so I presumed it'd be your usual mile distance.

stormfront13
well its whatever anyone wants it to be, but nothing ridiculously close

Scoobless
with QS anything under a mile might be too close

stormfront13
well if i make it a mile then you'll hear swanky-tuna complain

Swanky-Tuna
It's when you don't set the scenerio that I complain because then you usually set it so Storm is in favor when somebody asks the conditions.

stormfront13
when has it been set in storms favor? i had realized my mistake in the spidey one and set the conditions based on what people wanted. in others i don't, i setit, or at least try to set it in favor for both characters.

Scoobless
when has it been set in storms favor? i had realized my mistake in the spidey one and set the conditions based on what people wanted. in others i don't, i setit, or at least try to set it in favor for both characters.

how about Storm V's Electro........ in the desert?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ming Tea!
Holy shit, light can travel 5,865,696,000,000 miles in one year. So thats a light-year I suppose.

stormfront13
they were in the desert so they could both cut lose with their powes, and not have to hold back

DarkCrawler
they were in the desert so they could both cut lose with their powes, and not have to hold back

Yeah, Storm is immune to electricity, and you don't give Electro any objects to use. How about an deserted city?

pr1983
i still dont see why this is a debate...

match starts, storm goes down... she can't react fast enough to stop him...

FieryBalrog
a mile apart??

anyway, this isnt a really interesting battle... because one character can fly and attack, the other cant do anything unless he knocks her out in .5 seconds.

pr1983
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
a mile apart??

anyway, this isnt a really interesting battle... because one character can fly and attack, the other cant do anything unless he knocks her out in .5 seconds.

you talking to me?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by pr1983
you talking to me?

I was remarking on the fact that theyre starting a MILE apart...
wink

pr1983
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
I was remarking on the fact that theyre starting a MILE apart...
wink

i thought you meant that them starting a mile apart wouldnt allow pietro to hit her so fast like i claimed... embarrasment

stormfront13
they aren't starting a mile apart- did i ever say that?? i said that others should chose, because everytime i make conditions on the battlefield i get called unfair, even though in the electro thread i also changed the battle to a city enviroment

Swanky-Tuna
Think the situations through more then. Look up the characters... well, I guess it'd be look up the other character. Find out how they work.

stormfront13
i usually do but i knew that both characters involve lightning and stuff, and i had to go so i made the battlefield w/out thinking, then changed it and still people were pissed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.