Is Jedi A Religion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
Is it. I dont think so confused

Jedi_KnightAlly
Yes actually... Its in my opinion just as true as christianity or anything else.

And in the 2001 census, enough ppl put it as their religon so that it wld become an officially recognised religon.

PrinceofBlades
I think "Jedi Religion" is very similar to christianity, but that's just me *Use the force Luke...*

Ketchuptome
Does it have a bible?

finti
a true ideology doesn't require a "bible", its just the feeble belief that do

mr.smiley
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/jedi.html

FeceMan
For a good example of what George Lucas believes in, listen to Yoda talk to Luke about the force flowing through all things.

finti
yeah you are right, let a fantasy tale explain the beliefs of another tale

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
For a good example of what George Lucas believes in, listen to Yoda talk to Luke about the force flowing through all things.

But it is!!!!! Nothing could live without it...It's Gods force...It has intellegence when its been measured in plants...And you can see the change in it when looked at in water crystals. It reflects the thoughts and emotions, the water crystals that is. It's apart of everything.. Quantum physics is proving it...they've done studies and experiments with it...OH...you silly humans.

www.dowsers.com/page52.html

I bought the book for my dad..There are many many more pictures in it

Ketchuptome
But the thing I don't get is that a religion made out of a sci-fi movie.
wacko

debbiejo
No.,.It's not a religions...I don't think...I've never heard of it...Maybe it's new.... eek!

Ketchuptome
blink

DCLXVI
chair
"Jedi" is not a religion. In the fictional SW Universe, the Jedi do not practice what they see as a "religion", because it is sort of the science of SW. It's a proven thing in that Universe.
But seeing as it's fiction....what the f*ck are you going on about? confused

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by DCLXVI
chair
"Jedi" is not a religion. In the fictional SW Universe, the Jedi do not practice what they see as a "religion", because it is sort of the science of SW. It's a proven thing in that Universe.
But seeing as it's fiction....what the f*ck are you going on about? confused

What was the chair smilie for? confused

Even though its fiction mnay ppl think of as a religion.

DCLXVI
1) No reason in particular. stick out tongue

2) Well then they are the ones that need help....not ol' geeky me....stick out tongue

Ketchuptome
big grin

I thought you were a hardcore SW fan. Guess I was wrong. yes

lil bitchiness
Sure it can be. We have the proof of the force as much as we have of the sole creator. yes

Ketchuptome
Do you have a link to your facts?

Ketchuptome
Any one here? confused

debbiejo
I've come and gone.... one eye

Ketchuptome
Goodies happy

debbiejo
May the force be with us all.....BTW, it is..

Ketchuptome
yes

periera
yeah you are right, let a fantasy tale explain the beliefs of another tale

Sorry, not trying to piss anyone off or anything, but that was just funny. smile LOL!

Ketchuptome
What was funny?
confused

DeRFmAn
someone earlier said where is the proof....well where is proof of god. I haven't seen any.

wacko

Ketchuptome
Anostic?

Freaky Zeeky
Agestic(mispelled)?

jedi master dav
i agree with lil bitchiness on this one jedi is a religion and thats final

Imlistening
lol, i think anything can be a religion if you want it to be, so i guess that it is if you think that it is.

Bicnarok

Freaky Zeeky
That sig is crazy!
eek!

jedi master dav
hi im from the uk and i think jedi is a religion and i for 1 follow it like a christian would. who else is with me

Freaky Zeeky
I doubt no one else.
What the f**k?

Imperial_Samura
Yes, Jedi is now considered a religion, so I can't wait to start seeing some Jedi temples and such. However I must ask, where is the Sith religion?

mr.smiley

mr.smiley
Originally posted by mr.smiley
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/jedi.html

The whole census thing is untrue.Go here.

Freaky Zeeky
aye!

mr.smiley
May the truth set you free!

Freaky Zeeky
Indeed

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yes, Jedi is now considered a religion, so I can't wait to start seeing some Jedi temples and such. However I must ask, where is the Sith religion?

Sith Temple. yes

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky

NO, Jedi are fictional carictars created by George Lucas

cking
true

jacobo0o
jedis are a copy of shaolin monks

there even was a little thing on that on discovery channel

finti
oh so the shaolin monks have lightsabersbig grin

jacobo0o
no but they have weapons like sword and spear and so on
they are peaceful men but they can fight same like jedis
they are respected in china like jedis are respected in republic
shaolin monk has ki
jedi has the force

finti
jedis have space ships
shaolin monks have donkeys

Atlantis001
Originally posted by jacobo0o

there even was a little thing on that on discovery channel

I saw that too, George Lucas created the Jedis based on Shaolin monks philosophy, and history. The Jedis were all killed, and only a few survived in the movie, and that happened with the shaolin monks too.

Storm

WindDancer
no but they have weapons like sword and spear and so on
they are peaceful men but they can fight same like jedis
they are respected in china like jedis are respected in republic
shaolin monk has ki
jedi has the force

I would lean more to the yojimbos and shoguns from Japan as the inspiration of the Jedis. I will grant you that Lucas most likely stole the idea from Eastern martial arts involving Chi. Which obviously he calls "The Force".

Knightfall93
Yes, believe it or not, a while ago some people tried to star the Jedi Order but the guys who decide whats a religions and whts not refused to accept tyhem despite how many folowers they got!

Fishy
Of course they aren't accepted, there religion makes no sense its based on a fairy tale without any prove for it, and although you could argue that the other religions are that too, you could at least say they were thought of in a time where religions were believed a lot and that they have been around for a long time.

Who the hell would worship an idea from a 30 year old movie? A sci-fi fantasy movie?

markie
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Is it. I dont think so confused Yes I saw a thread about it in the non christian section of a christian message board. I think it's based on the return of the jedi. They call it a religion but it looks more like a star wars fan club. It might be classified as scientology. http://www.lauralee.com/news/jedireligion.htm

Koala MeatPie

Ever Hear fo the Showlin Monks?
There where almost all killed by the Blue Lotus Monks.

Those people are real live Jedi... So to speak.

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
No.,.It's not a religions...I don't think...I've never heard of it...Maybe it's new.... eek! It is called a religion but it sounds more like a star wars fan club. I guess if enough people believe a certain ideology they could call it a religion.

markie
What was the chair smilie for? confused

Even though its fiction mnay ppl think of as a religion. Somebody on another board said it is true and it already happened. He also thinks he is an elf from a different planet and he wanted to call himself a christian-pagan so I don't think so. He said his wife had naturaly pointed ears so she's probably a vulcan but there was a thread about the jedi religion on that board.

grey fox
If jedi is a religion then lucas must be both god and the devil.

God for creating vader and the OT

Devil for creating Jar-Jar and AOTC

markie
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
NO, Jedi are fictional carictars created by George Lucas Somebody can take any ideology and call it a religion. I wouldn't consider it a religion but if enough people believe something I guess they could make a religion out of it.

markie

there even was a little thing on that on discovery channel Do they practice Kung Fu? big grin

blackhat
No, it's a scifi movie

JaehSkywalker
wow, they are getting addicted to make it a religion eek!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Yes, believe it or not, a while ago some people tried to star the Jedi Order but the guys who decide whats a religions and whts not refused to accept tyhem despite how many folowers they got!

I'll bet they're a bunch of 30-year-old virgins...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Yeah, damn I hate those "religion-decider" guys....

Mindship
Often, those who are into scifi and fantasy are familiar with esoteric/mystical literature. If they are creative and imagine their own scifi/fantasy universes (eg, people who like to write stories), they will incorporate elements of esoteria into their imagined universes (or vice-versa: those familiar with mystical literature will use that as the grounding for their scfi/fantasy universe).

Then those who just enjoy those universes (the "dwellers," as opposed to the creators)) come along, "discover" the profound philosophies of the imagined universe, and--lo and behold--they come away thinking that the creator of their favorite universe has invented something truly unprecedented, when in fact it isn't.

George Lucas and L. Ron Hubbard are among the more famous scifi/fantasy/esoteria afficionados who have developed variations of age-old wisdom for their imagined universes.

Is Jedi a religion? Certainly not in the traditional sense, and it is not recognized as one legally. Can a "dweller" claim it as their faith? Sure, they can do whatever they want. But if they are, they are empowered by realizing the true origins of their belief system.

Black Rob
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Is it. I dont think so confused If scientology is a religion,then why not jedi? Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was considered a religion in America?

"I can't come in to work today,it's Obi Wan Kenobi day when my people celebrate the life of Obi Wan.See ya in a month!"

Quiero Mota
Because its a damn movie.

darth vraya
But the thing I don't get is that a religion made out of a sci-fi movie.
wacko that's scientology basically. (no offence to any scientologists here)

Bowser jr
Originally posted by Ketchuptome

Yes it is. In America it is. All you need is enough back up work to support it and your on your way to a new religion. evil face smokin' beer rock devil

Blax X
Seems its now a real religion, feel free to google it.

I heard somewere that their are already more Jediism practitioners then there are judism ones.

http://thejediismway.org/

DigiMark007
Holy crap, it's Taoism!

No, seriously. I'm not joking. I just browsed the site....not too many things I didn't expect to see and/or read, but insert "The Tao" for "The Force" and there's about a 90% overlap.

Pacifism, empathy, justice, non-violence, meditation, the unifying force bringing everything in the universe together....surrounding and abiding within it. And harnessing one's personal Force is pretty much like focusing Chi. And the dark/light side that constitute the transcendant force that embodies them both is simply a sublimated form of the symbols Yin and Yang. Yeah, same stuff.

Not bad, to be honest. You could do a lot worse as a religion, and I'm sure it justifies goofy costumes and lightsabers. smile

Gregory
It's a "real religion" in the same way that any fictional religion from a shitty movie is "real," I suppose.

Blax X
It's a "real" religion in that its actually in encylopedia listed as a real religion, and they're more Jedi then certain religions that have been around for a hundred years or more.

DigiMark007
Yeah, they have enough official followers that most countries have to ackowledge it as a real religion. This has been the case for quite some time, as I first heard about it being an official religion 5-6 years ago.

Gregory
So you've claimed (there are circles where "I heard this somewhere" is not considered entirely convincing). This does not prevent people who claim to be Jedi from being ludacrous failures.

I don't know what Digimark's thinking of; Australia has threatened to fine anyone $1000 if they put Jedi as their religion, the UK* has officially stated that no way, no how, is "Jedi" a religion, it's not a religion in America (for example, you can't get tax exemption)...

*They put it on the census, because so many damn people insist on saying it, but that was just to speed things up; "absolutely no possibility" is how UK officials descirbed "Jedi"'s chances of being classified as a religion.

Gregory
(It's too late to edit my post, but New Zealand? The other country I've heard of where the "jedi" tried to make the government recognize them? That failed, too).

Meanwhile, there's a an online petition to make the American Census recognize "Jedi" as an official religion. It has garnered 588 votes. A killjoy might point out that the American Census Bureau does not, in fact, ask people what their religious affiliation is, making it even more stupid then it would be already, but the comments field offers a terrifying yet beautiful look into the minds of some of these people, and I encourage every body to check it out.

DigiMark007
You're being a bit strict with your definition here. First off, it was offcialized in certain parts of Europe where enough percentage of people put it as their religion in a census that they were forced to recognize it.

Second, and more importantly, if I fervently worship my printer, and believe it speaks to me and tells me the truth about life, that's a religion. I don't need my country to give me a tax exemption for that to be true.

So browse the website...legitimate or not, they have many followers, and their beliefs aren't altogether bad. Like I said in my earlier post, it's basically a lightweight sci-fi spin on a lot of Eastern doctrine.

Capt_Fantastic
I think the term everyone is looking for is Scientology.

I love Darth Vader and the rest of the gang just as much, if not more that anyone else. But do we need another religion muddying the waters?

Imperial_Samura
The day Jedi becomes a religion is the day I unleash my clone armies.

Because really - I don't want to see Lucas become another Hubbard.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
The day Jedi becomes a religion is the day I unleash my clone armies.

Because really - I don't want to see Lucas become another Hubbard.

good point. But I doubt people will ever think that Lucas will ever return form the dead. Or even waste a good background alien on an earthly volcano.

Storm
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You're being a bit strict with your definition here. First off, it was offcialized in certain parts of Europe where enough percentage of people put it as their religion in a census that they were forced to recognize it.

Officials from the British Office for National Statistics have pointed out that just because "Jedi Knight" has been given its own code, that does not confer on it the status of official recognition. It merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" statistic.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Storm
Officials from the British Office for National Statistics have pointed out that just because "Jedi Knight" has been given its own code, that does not confer on it the status of official recognition. It merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" statistic.

Just like Mickey Mouse has never been elected president, despite teh write-in votes.

Gregory
The census thing is an urban legend, I think. They tried it in the three countries I listed--Australia, New Zealand, and the UK--with the effects that I mentioned.

As for the coffee maker thing; I'm not going to disagree with you, exactly; your view is perfectly valid. On the other hand, it makes the question rather trivial, since under that definition, pretty much any thing is a religion, including Dungeons and Dragons (yes, I have met someone who proffesses to worship a D&D god) and anime (there is a community of people who are convinced that they are the reincarnation of anime characters ...or that they really exist in the astral plane or ...
Jesus, I don't know; I was too depressed by it to read very far. But when you think about it, the similarity of that to Jeddiism is startling). If you pointed a gun at my head and demanded that I take Jeddism seriously, I'd probably call it a philosophy, not a religion, but a lot of Eastern religions (and Lucas did indeed base the Jedi around them) are like that, I guess.

I'm not denying that there are people who honestly get their spiritual guidance from a sci fi movie. I'd like to be able to deny it, but reality is a harsh mistress. However, I doubt they really have all that many members (the only numbers I can think of are the censuses, and they're no use because there was a mass email campaign that encouraged people to put "Jedi" as their religion not because they really believed it, but because they "loved Star Wars" or it "would annoy people." That's probably where Blax X got his "more Jedi then Jews" thing, come to think of it.)

Being said, I don't object to their beliefs on a moral level. I mean, I don't believe them, but they're certainly less harmful then fundamentalist Christianity or Islam (or fundamentalist anything, really).

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Gregory
The census thing is an urban legend, I think. They tried it in the three countries I listed--Australia, New Zealand, and the UK--with the effects that I mentioned.

As for the coffee maker thing; I'm not going to disagree with you, exactly; your view is perfectly valid. On the other hand, it makes the question rather trivial, since under that definition, pretty much any thing is a religion, including Dungeons and Dragons (yes, I have met someone who proffesses to worship a D&D god) and anime (there is a community of people who are convinced that they are the reincarnation of anime characters ...or that they really exist in the astral plane or ...
Jesus, I don't know; I was too depressed by it to read very far. But when you think about it, the similarity of that to Jeddiism is startling). If you pointed a gun at my head and demanded that I take Jeddism seriously, I'd probably call it a philosophy, not a religion, but a lot of Eastern religions (and Lucas did indeed base the Jedi around them) are like that, I guess.

I'm not denying that there are people who honestly get their spiritual guidance from a sci fi movie. I'd like to be able to deny it, but reality is a harsh mistress. However, I doubt they really have all that many members (the only numbers I can think of are the censuses, and they're no use because there was a mass email campaign that encouraged people to put "Jedi" as their religion not because they really believed it, but because they "loved Star Wars" or it "would annoy people." That's probably where Blax X got his "more Jedi then Jews" thing, come to think of it.)

Being said, I don't object to their beliefs on a moral level. I mean, I don't believe them, but they're certainly less harmful then fundamentalist Christianity or Islam (or fundamentalist anything, really).

Yes, maybe philosophy would be a better term than religion.

My point still holds though. Any definiton for a "religion" (or any definition for anything in life) is purely arbitrary. Even established "religions" like Islam or Christianity are only religions in a societal convention sense of the word: In other words, they're only that based upon popular conception. That fact doesn't validate their label as religion any more than a tax exemption or a group of followers does. It's all in what you make of it, since it's all arbitrary.

And it's not so much taking guidance from a movie as it is taking guidance from a set of beliefs and way of life. To say it's merely a movie is to cheapen it for people who would follow such beliefs. I'd never say I'm a "Jedi" but I'm able to give it the respect it deserves for people who would choose to live by such rules.

Alliance
I don't really see why new reliogns can't be formed. I'm sure many people did it as a joke, but if things like scientology cna pass as religion, Jedi sure as hell can.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alliance
I don't really see why new reliogns can't be formed. I'm sure many people did it as a joke, but if things like scientology cna pass as religion, Jedi sure as hell can.

Yeah, at least Jedi actually makes sense, and doesn't actually espouse belief in the sci-fi nonsense that it's based off of.

"Oh great and mighty Lord Sidious, we pledge ourselves unto thee forever more until thou comest down to Earth to reap your terrible glory..."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm
According to Wikipedia, Scientology is considered a legitimate religion in Thailand, Taiwan, Spain, and Australia. In Germany Scientology is not considered a religion by the government, but a commercial business. And over here, the minister of justice refused Scientology as a candidate for the status of recognized religion.

Alliance
Well, all religions start somewhere, every religion is persecuted in the beginning, because they all start in a religious climate that is resistant to change. Because 5 out of 200 some odd countries say its legitimate, that makes it so?

Really, religion is a deeply personal thing. I think a fundamentlaist Jedi would not be as nearly as bad as many of the current fundamentalists around the world...so I'm ok with it.

Strength in Diversity...no?

Quiero Mota

And why did someone dig up this joke-of-a thread??

Alliance
It is a serious issue in the context of how new religions start.

debbiejo
The Forceeeeeeeee be with you...........I agree with that.........yeppi, yep, yep,....yeppers...............

Darth Kreiger
Jedi will be the Christianity of the year 3000

Alliance
Lets hope that all religons decline in numbers, not the other way around.

debbiejo
It's kinda like Buddhist...............lol

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Alliance
Lets hope that all religons decline in numbers, not the other way around.

Why?

Darth Kreiger

Shinto/Buddhist

Alliance
plurality?

debbiejo
Who's to say how many GODS...because in the bible it doesn't say how many........It just says "let US make man in OUR image"........And of course that wouldn't mean woman would it??

Nah, not according to some.

DigiMark007

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Holy crap, it's Taoism!

No, seriously. I'm not joking. I just browsed the site....not too many things I didn't expect to see and/or read, but insert "The Tao" for "The Force" and there's about a 90% overlap.

happy

Alliance
erm

Kayne Archeron
well, the characteristics of Jedi are pretty samurai-ish, so i imagine they'd be buddhist

Alliance
The Force is more pased on a Mayan concept.

Gregory
And why did someone dig up this joke-of-a thread??

Somebody started a new thread, and it got merged.

Blax X
Bump.

Sorry, I would just like to see a few more opinions. I find all this very intresting.

SpadeKing
um yes and no because uh.........

it doesn't make me right or wrong? erm

Marxman
The concept of The Force isn't that far-fetched. An ambiguous energy which connects us all in an abstract way, instead of a God that created, controls, and decides on all things, is more likely to me. Not that I actually believe in The Force. That'd be ridiculous. Its fictional. But still...

KidRock
NO IT ISNT A RELIGION!

I dont understand all these morons and how they actually believe Jedi is real and all that crap.

*goes off to church and reads the bible* mmmm lovely.

Lord Urizen
Jedi actually makes more sense and contains far more logic than the Bible....go figure

SilverMoonfire
Jedism is a philosophy, a way of thinking. However it does impart the essence of life or the force that binds all life in the universe. It doesn't have a god, or a creator. In the belief of the Jedi, it explains that one is not fully educated unless he / she has at least one world religious belief as they start down the Jedi path.

Omega Vision
It's a watered-down repackaged Daoism mixed with Judeo-Christian moral sensibilities.

Also lol at people saying the Force is any more likely/"realistic" than God. In strict ontological terms the Force and God are in the same boat, one just has more personality than the other.

Mindship
I'd say it's a philosophy with reverence. It seems to be more a code of conduct than worship of a higher power.

SilverMoonfire
I'd post the link to my Jedi web site but the forum wont allow me I'm still new

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindship
I'd say it's a philosophy with reverence. It seems to be more a code of conduct than worship of a higher power.
Would you consider Buddhism a religion?

And no, I'm not talking about the minor sects that worship Buddha or Avalokiteshvara as the Lord of the Cosmos, I'm talking the main sects.

SilverMoonfire
yes Buddhism is a religion however Buddha is the main deity he started as a prince in an Indian country eventually followed the path of darma to become the main creator of that religion he had the ability to adapt his teaching to who ever followed him it took a young women and a bowl of rice milk before he realized the body and mind are connected he had his diet down to a single grain of rice a day

Digi
The line between philosophy and religion blurs anyway in commonly accepted world religions. There's no definitive answer to the OP's question. It's no less hokey than most world religions though (which is to say, very hokey), so saying it's clearly fictional is not a knock against it.

In statistical terms, however, I believe the answer is yes, although my reason for saying that is based off of something anecdotal I heard years ago, so grains of salt all around.

Mindship
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Would you consider Buddhism a religion?

And no, I'm not talking about the minor sects that worship Buddha or Avalokiteshvara as the Lord of the Cosmos, I'm talking the main sects.
H'm. I'd be inclined to call it a reverent/mystical philosophy (like Jedi), except that (as I understand it) Mahayana Buddhism, eg, one of the main schools, does involve worship of certain beings (eg, bodhisattvas), because those beings embody an ultimate transcendent reality.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Digi
The line between philosophy and religion blurs anyway in commonly accepted world religions. There's no definitive answer to the OP's question. It's no less hokey than most world religions though (which is to say, very hokey), so saying it's clearly fictional is not a knock against it.

In statistical terms, however, I believe the answer is yes, although my reason for saying that is based off of something anecdotal I heard years ago, so grains of salt all around.
Was it the report of the 'Jedi' going before the UN and asking to be recognized? Or was it the time that in New Zealand 'Jedi' was reported as the religion of more people than Sikhism?

I don't think anyone seriously practices Jedi (could be wrong though), when it shows up in statistics its pretty much always trolling.

H'm. I'd be inclined to call it a reverent/mystical philosophy (like Jedi), except that (as I understand it) Mahayana Buddhism, eg, one of the main schools, does involve worship of certain beings (eg, bodhisattvas), because those beings embody an ultimate transcendent reality.
To me the line between reverence and worship is thin and hazy. Just look at Catholics and the Virgin Mary.

Mindship
To me the line between reverence and worship is thin and hazy. At times, indeed.

Digi
Was it the report of the 'Jedi' going before the UN and asking to be recognized? Or was it the time that in New Zealand 'Jedi' was reported as the religion of more people than Sikhism?

I don't think anyone seriously practices Jedi (could be wrong though), when it shows up in statistics its pretty much always trolling.

There's a legit website devoted to it, and it used to have gathering places and events and such, as well as the core philosophy and practices. I haven't seen it in years, I'm not sure if it's updated anymore. {edit} Google search turned up a mix of serious and trolling websites...none seemed as organized as I remember.

And the story: It had to do with European census data. Something about being recognized in some country or other because it hit a percentage of the population that it needed to be legally declared as such. I never really looked into it, it just sounded fun.

Like you said, mostly trolling, but in the "is it or isn't it" discussion, we're talking about an arbitrary line anyway. If trolls turn it into a recognized religion, it's the same to me as mainstream religious "trolls" wanting to turn governments into theocracies.

{edit} Myth busted! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon
...wiki style, so it's editable, but random wiki pages actually score pretty high on veracity tests I've seen on the subject.

Digi
Of much more interest:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

Mindship
Originally posted by Digi
Of much more interest:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat I love fantasy fighting styles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Kunst

Digi
I love fantasy fighting styles.

thumb up

dadudemon
I love fantasy fighting styles.

Film is going to be made on this manga by James Cameron. I hope I live long enough to see that film (2016 is the projected date).

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Film is going to be made on this manga by James Cameron. I hope I live long enough to see that film (2016 is the projected date).

I recall liking the anime.

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
Film is going to be made on this manga by James Cameron. I hope I live long enough to see that film (2016 is the projected date). The later the date, the better the cgi. Actually, I'm not sure how I'd like to see this done.

AsbestosFlaygon
I know there is a cult called Jediism.

zoom3
Apparently it is. One of my classmate is one.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by zoom3
Apparently it is. One of my classmate is one.

There is a difference between a religion and a fanatical fan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.