What do you think about medical research. And why no cures yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North

After decades of pouring tons of money into funds medical research cures billions of people have died..

Are these guys just messing around not researching anything or are they just enjoying the money pouring in.

We cant invent computers and HDTV-DVD's and I-Pods andpour 100's of billions into wars, yet we don't even have a cure for the common cold..

Whats going on..

Jedi_KnightAlly
LOL i can't believe you even asked that... computers and weoponry are simple. There is hundreds of thousands of strains of the common cold. Biological advancements are far more difficult.

Alpha Centauri
Ignorance, that's why.

Curing the world's ills aren't priority, creating something to merely prevent the individual from contracting those ills are where it's at.

Just another page in the book of human ignorance and self-absorbed nature.

-AC

Rose of Isis
Not to mention the fears that if we were to find the cures, what then would there be to control population? I can see a world without fear of sickness being one where wars are necessarily sanctioned & where discrimination is rife. & can you imagine the Chinese approach to childbirth worldwide?

Scientists have made tremendous advances & many of them, I believe, truly are working to help people. It is such a refined & complex area of study, one cannot expect answers to be found quickly; they might take lifetimes. A cynical part of me wonders sometimes though, if there might not be hindrances interwoven into the system.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

After decades of pouring tons of money into funds medical research cures billions of people have died..

Are these guys just messing around not researching anything or are they just enjoying the money pouring in.

We cant invent computers and HDTV-DVD's and I-Pods andpour 100's of billions into wars, yet we don't even have a cure for the common cold..

Whats going on..

Well inleast those people are trying but sometimes it takes along time to find the right cure and these people are humans like us they are not like god who can heal them right away.jm sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.