Halo 3 Confirmed for the Xbox 360.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/15/news_6124592.html. Somewhere, Sony execs. are nervously sweating eek!

crazy
halo is the most overrated game in the history of games.

cal31
Thanks for lettin us know

SaTsuJiN
thats nice.. I hope it plays very different from the first two.. and I want more model customization for multiplayer

JToTheP
I'm sick and tired of this Halo s***, and I wish it would die. It's so horribly overrated now. Microsoft can take Halo 3 and shove it up their asses because neither Sony or Nintendo will fear it, they will retaliate with their own heavy hitter.

DarkCrawler
I don't see what is so cool in Halo. It is just another shooter game...

And doesn't Sony own like 70% of the game markets?

hotsauce6548
Well, I thought it was obvious that Microsoft was making a Halo 3, what with the huge popularity of the first two.

WindDancer
Originally posted by crazy
halo is the most overrated game in the history of games.

Nah, that would be FF and any Mario game.

DanZeke25
I think we all knew Halo 3 was coming out. We didnt need a confirmation. And i love FPS's so that why i like it a lot.

barand1
ALL YOU HALO HATERS ARE OF COURSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN OWN A XBOX. YOU SAD PEOPLE, HALO IS A GREAT GAME, AND IF NOT THE BEST.

HALO FANS UNITE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK ON THAT PS2 AND GAMCUBE PLAYERS

JToTheP
Turn off your caps lock key, and get the hell out.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by barand1
ALL YOU HALO HATERS ARE OF COURSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN OWN A XBOX. YOU SAD PEOPLE, HALO IS A GREAT GAME, AND IF NOT THE BEST.

HALO FANS UNITE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK ON THAT PS2 AND GAMCUBE PLAYERS

Hehehe...

(And they say Nintendo fanboys are crazy... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

TX!
i know.... wow, looks like xbox fanboys are alittle crazy aswell

dark1365
Yes indeedy.

barand1
sorry I'm not crazy (well not 24-7 crazy). The reason I said is because everyone I have asked who say they hate Halo, is mainly because 1) They have never played the game, 2) Don't even have a XBOX. Also because I like Halo and think it is a really good game. I just think alot of Halo haters are mainly PS2 fans. Ok, thats not a problem, but I think if Playstation released Halo instead of XBOX, then the people claiming that Halo sucks would say its great. Maybe its just me!

Dalwoan
It might not be the best game but it is the best Multiplayer game for the X-box

DCLXVI
My Opinion on the HALO Series:

First of all, I really enjoyed the first two HALO games, but I'm in no way a HALO or an XBOX-fanboy, (though I do prefer XBOX to any other current-gen. system....). wink

That being said, I generally think that thus far, the HALO games are indeed the best FPS for the current-gen. home-systems, (though Half-Life 2 for the XBOX will surely blow that out of the water).
Personally, I think the "story" of the HALO series is missing the strangely inticing and relatively good-story that is in the three HALO tie-in novels, (written by Mr. Eric Nylund, and Mr. William C. Dietz). It was a big hurt for me when I bought HALO 2 and the Bungie team had seemingly blown the terrific and overlooked potential-stories told in the novels.

Still, the graphics in both games have thoroughly impressed me, (even though KillZone for the PS2 looked great, it was missing the fun, for me, IMHO).

Both the Single-Player and the Multi-Player in the HALO game series is what made me buy the XBOX, merely so I could sit with my buds at home and school them, or school people from across the world in XBOX Live, or just kick some Covenant @ss in the actual game.
One thing that has stood out in the HALO series is that the acting, (while sometimes mediocre), brings you into the experience. The ambience and the music also help you believe that you are a mere step away from being blown-apart by those dirty Covenant ba$tards. (IMAO, I believe that music and ambience are the things that have made many people love many different types of entertainment - from classical-music masterpieces like Star Wars, some of the Star Trek movies, and most of Disney's classics - up to games like HALO, Half-Life, etc.)

All in all, I would say that I have had the most fun with, and the greatest experience in home-console FPS's playing the HALO games thus far, and I only hope that HALO 3 will bring it all back full-circle.

(BTW> Is it any surprise that my ultimately favourite FPS series for the home-computer was the MARATHON series, also done by the Bungie guys?)

-J

Jason420
killzone 2 looks better than both halos and will probably will be better than halo 3

dark1365
Originally posted by Jason420
killzone 2 looks better than both halos and will probably will be better than halo 3
Don't assume anything yet. Not so much as a single screenshot has been released of Halo 3, so technically you can't just go around saying that Killzone 2 will be better.

gls
Microsoft is goin to over milk Halo. seriously, with all the hype they are goin to end up regretting it later on...

pr1983
Originally posted by gls
Microsoft is goin to over milk Halo. seriously, with all the hype they are goin to end up regretting it later on...

yes halo's publicity will be its undoing...

shangheid
Originally posted by gls
Microsoft is goin to over milk Halo. seriously, with all the hype they are goin to end up regretting it later on... I'm not so sure ..it might just be all what they say...'cause of all the new technology the Xbox 360 has they can do alot more now

dark1365
And here, everyone, is where we see Halo 3 getting hated on already even before nothing has been released on it. Really, people.

WindDancer
Halo critics should just play the game and enjoy it. Anyways the latest updates say that Halo 3 will be released for the Xbox 360 in the US Fall 2006.

stingray005
Originally posted by barand1
sorry I'm not crazy (well not 24-7 crazy). The reason I said is because everyone I have asked who say they hate Halo, is mainly because 1) They have never played the game, 2) Don't even have a XBOX. Also because I like Halo and think it is a really good game. I just think alot of Halo haters are mainly PS2 fans. Ok, thats not a problem, but I think if Playstation released Halo instead of XBOX, then the people claiming that Halo sucks would say its great. Maybe its just me!

Couldn't have said it better. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

dark1365
Originally posted by WindDancer
Halo critics should just play the game and enjoy it. Anyways the latest updates say that Halo 3 will be released for the Xbox 360 in the US Fall 2006.
Exactamundo sir.

StinkFist462
i dont like the Halo games. there no doubt great FPS' and what not but it just doesnt appeal to me ( but i do love FPS' ). im not saying it sucks at all im just saying i dont like it. and with that being said i hope Microsoft will milk the shit out of Halo cause thats what seems to work for them

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Jason420

How in hell can you say that?

We have no idea what it will play like, or anything for that matter. We also do not know a single thing about Halo 3.

All we know about Killzone 2 is that the trailer was... 'pretty.' (If it wasn't pre-rendered, also...)

And we all know Halo 3 will be pretty, at least if the last two games have been a clue.

That is all you know about the two games, and you think that Killzone 2 will be a better game.

Can you please tell me what your opinion is based off of, then?

dark1365
Yeah I know, they call Killzone 2 the "Halo" killer. Which is stupid really, of course Killzone 2 is going to look better than Halo 2 which is on an OLD generation console ahem.... And since there has been nothing released about Halo 3, you can't compare them.

st41k3r
yea, halo 3 hasent even came out yet so how can they compare and contrast?
the PS3's graghics are made of "cells" so the graghics are 2x better thatn x-box 360's
did anyone watch the E3 '05 Live on G4TechTV? i did i know allota sh!t about the PS3, X-BOX 360, GBA Mini, & Nintendo Revolution

Primitive Screwhead
Everyone is talking about Halo 3 as being the big system seller for 360. I'd keep a close eye out on Perfect Dark Zero as screenshots and details are released. Rare goes to great lengths to make incredible games (as indicated by the lead times)... I would not be surprised to see PD displace Halo from its X-Box FPS throne.

st41k3r
no sh!t man, thatz crazy

Primitive Screwhead
Don't discredit it... there have been many milestone FPS throughout the course of console history... Wolfenstein 3-D, Doom, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half Life, Halo. Each one at one point or another has raised the bar by which these type of games are measured. Halo will not be the end-all/be-all of all first-person shooter titles. To make that claim is to deny yourself of a lot of potential shooter goodness in the future.

Now, that being said... I only stated that I wouldn't be surprised if Zero displaced Halo, but I didn't guarantee that this will be the case. I still have high expectations when Halo 3 comes out.

Zen2nd
That reminds me Perfect Drak Zero eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

WindDancer
The game I think might steal some of Halo 3 thunder might be Gears of War. The screenshots for that game look terrific!

st41k3r
yes, their awesome...cant wait...new x-box is to expensive!!

TheOne101
Striker calm down man it doesnt come out for a year jeez your going all crazy and shit over the system and games that A) might be cancled in that time, B) might just suck, or C) you'll be too poor to get any of it because prices will raise dramitcally. ! single year. calm down man. go play halo 2 for a little while i mean its only been out almost a year now and your already thinkin halo 3.
kids these days

JToTheP
Who are you to play teacher? 'kids these days', are you saying your an old ass man? Why are you on here talking to teenagers, 20, 30 some year old people then? Of course when a sequal is unveiled we talk about it, that's just how it goes, it doesn't mean we don't appreciate the current entry of the series. Hell, I always talk about the new Resident Evil, maybe WHILE playing the latest entry in the series, or any other game. That's just the way it is, I can't believe your going to act that ridiculous toward him over it.

By the way, he's STALKER 4=A.

TheOne101
Ok then JP sorry to have "insulted?" you or anyone. seems i've been real stupid in playing "teacher" huh. boohoohoo cry a damn river dude. everyone has a right to an opinion and i stated mine. got a problem with it tough shit because there's nothing you can do about it. Go be some customer's ***** for a little while maybe it'll cool you down and come to the realization that you are a *****.

Edit: you must have read it wrong because i didn' post it as an insult or a sarcastic remark. It was posted more as a joking tone. From the look of his posts and exclamation marks he could have hyperventaled. I'm stickin to me post there's nothin wrong with it.

JToTheP
Your A, B, & C points were absolute garbage and had no reason to be stated. At least a lot of us do work, you probably live in your parents' basement & immortalize that Matrix trilogy of bullshit, when the first one was the only decent one anyway. If you were joking you wouldn't of made your C point and made how much money anyone has your damn business. Now I could givea **** less where you work, "Oh I'm a blah blah blah" I could CARE.LESS. you were still being a dickhead to say anything at all, considering he didn't address YOU to begin with. I agree with him & I have money to spend on games, the consoles ARE too damn expensive, that's why I'm waiting for the price to drop, and to keep the lives of my Ps2 & GC for longer until I'm ready to get 2 of the 3 next consoles whenever I choose too.

Oh by the way, you trying to call me a ***** was the saddest excuse of a stab at what I do at work I've EVER seen since I got the job. Go crawl in a hole you ****in insect.

st41k3r
Originally posted by TheOne101
Striker calm down man it doesnt come out for a year jeez your going all crazy and shit over the system and games that A) might be cancled in that time, B) might just suck, or C) you'll be too poor to get any of it because prices will raise dramitcally. ! single year. calm down man. go play halo 2 for a little while i mean its only been out almost a year now and your already thinkin halo 3.
kids these days

who the f uck said i was going crazy? i'm excited yea, but not going f ucking crazy about it! who r u to say im "poor" im 15 1/2 and have a job in the summer time and in the winter time! so, if i really wanted to buy the new system i could....i just dont wanna spend all my f ucking money on a "diff" x-box when the one i got is perfectly fine!

-STALKER(now maby u will get my name right)
-st41k3r
4=A, 1=L, =3=E
think u can handel that?

everyone else: sorry for the inconveniance......TheOne101 is in his time of the month....ask some one for a pad....your dripping every were.

OWNED

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by JToTheP
Who are you to play teacher? 'kids these days', are you saying your an old ass man? Why are you on here talking to teenagers, 20, 30 some year old people then? Of course when a sequal is unveiled we talk about it, that's just how it goes, it doesn't mean we don't appreciate the current entry of the series. Hell, I always talk about the new Resident Evil, maybe WHILE playing the latest entry in the series, or any other game. That's just the way it is, I can't believe your going to act that ridiculous toward him over it.

JP-

The One's only funning around... according to his bio, he's actually only 20. So that would make me more of the "old ass man" around here at 33. So let's knock off the petty bickering before I have to give you both a beatdown with my walker.

st41k3r

thanx for sticking up 4 me...

st41k3r
Your A, B, & C points were absolute garbage and had no reason to be stated. At least a lot of us do work, you probably live in your parents' basement & immortalize that Matrix trilogy of bullshit, when the first one was the only decent one anyway. If you were joking you wouldn't of made your C point and made how much money anyone has your damn business. Now I could givea **** less where you work, "Oh I'm a blah blah blah" I could CARE.LESS. you were still being a dickhead to say anything at all, considering he didn't address YOU to begin with. I agree with him & I have money to spend on games, the consoles ARE too damn expensive, that's why I'm waiting for the price to drop, and to keep the lives of my Ps2 & GC for longer until I'm ready to get 2 of the 3 next consoles whenever I choose too.

Oh by the way, you trying to call me a ***** was the saddest excuse of a stab at what I do at work I've EVER seen since I got the job. Go crawl in a hole you ****in insect.

now we both OWN TheOne101
did u get your pad yet? the janitors getting p issed

dark1365
kids these days
Don't act senior to us here, buddy. All your points are wrong.

a.)It's been confirmed and Microsoft's been milking Halo these days anyways, it sure as hell won't be cancelled.
b.) it won't suck unless it really sucks.
c.) poor? Oh my god, he's talking poverty now. Who are you to say that any of us are too "poor" to get the new system?!

st41k3r
again...OWNED

dark1365
That's enough, st4lk3r.

st41k3r
im just fu*king around
dude, wot your problem? its a forum, not a community site for pregnate women

Primitive Screwhead
It's also a site for intelligent discourse relating to video games. dark's right... if you want to continue playing the dozens with The One, take it over to the Off-Topic Forum, where it belongs.

st41k3r
yea, your right
i dont play with women

WindDancer
Alright guys let's all just chill. Come on, no more flamming or fighting. Back to talking about Halo 3 for the 360 or else dave will close the thread.

Here are few of my spectations for Halo 3:

1)Upgrades on weapons
2)Dual melee
3)More battle vehicles and upgrades on the scorpions and warthogs.

st41k3r
is that official?
double melee?
upgrades on scorpions??
i cant f ucking wait

dave123
Originally posted by WindDancer
else dave will close the thread.
You heard the man

RoyMC
anyone here have the halo 2 addon multiplayer maps i do its cool i chalenged 46 people on xbox live

st41k3r
wow...wait a minute....46?
the max is 16
their cant be 46; people wouldent get a chance to re-spawn

TheOne101
Ok then i guess Somebody doesnt like what im posting because apparently Mods here take sides. Alrighty then guess i wont be posting on this thread anymore maybe i'll go outside and have a life.

st41k3r
*ahem* go for it
although, i'd be nice to have another person be posting here.....your call

dark1365
Ok then i guess Somebody doesnt like what im posting because apparently Mods here take sides. Alrighty then guess i wont be posting on this thread anymore maybe i'll go outside and have a life.
They are free to offer their own opinions.

st41k3r
tru...tru

Thael
I'm sick and tired of this Halo s***, and I wish it would die. It's so horribly overrated now. Microsoft can take Halo 3 and shove it up their asses because neither Sony or Nintendo will fear it, they will retaliate with their own heavy hitter.

What, and Grand Theft Auto, Tomb Raider, Pro Evo, Killzone and MGS aren't? laughing out loud

Riiight, sounds like someone is a bit of a Microsoft-hater. By the way, I don't disagree with you about Halo being overrated (I have both games) but that doesn't eliminate the fact that it was one of the biggest selling games ever.

st41k3r
ok...

TheOne101
Ok i missed that but o.k. Stalker and dark lets play on XBL if you got it. I put my gamertag up but the post was deleted. Its Unspoken101 just hit me with a friends request

st41k3r
neither me or dark1365 has it...at my house
but if i get around to it i will add u to my friends list and send u a request

GT:st41k3r

Runescape:WrEck3_2

WindDancer
Microsoft projects sorta puzzle me. Why are they working on 2 different FPS so close to the release of Halo 3? There is obviously Gears of War which looks incredible good and now it has been announced that Prey will be release around the same time as Halo 3. Why are they competing with their masterpiece FPS Halo franchise? Both Gears of War and Prey look wickedly cool FPS so there is going to be competition among all 3. And with price of the new games there is no doubt gamers will either pick one over the other two. So this is just bizzare! What is up with Microsoft?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.