Green Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
List these 5 Green Lanterns in order from most powerful at 1 to least powerful at 5.

Hal Jordan (NOT Parallax or Spectre, just normal Hal)

Alan Scott (Sentinel)

John Stewart (Currently, not Handicapped)

Kyle Rayner (Current, somewhat more experienced)

Guy Gardner (Current Version w/ GL Vest instead of tights)

So how does the list go?

Ming Tea!
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Alan Scott
John Stewart
Guy Gardner

Oh and wrong forum.

DigiMark007
Hal is generally accepted as the most powerful (even when he's just normal Hal).

Beyond that, I don't know. I'd say Alan is #2, but he's my favorite GL so I'm biased.

-DM

WindDancer
Hal (no contest)
Alan Scott (Original and his ring is different)
Guy (Ring+Vuldirian strengh=tough)
John Stewart (Hal pick him so that says a lot)
Kyle Rayner (Nothing but a whiney little puke)

eleveninches
Hal
Alan
Kyle
Kilowog
John
Guy
Jade

wuTa
Originally posted by WindDancer
Hal (no contest)
Alan Scott (Original and his ring is different)
Guy (Ring+Vuldirian strengh=tough)
John Stewart (Hal pick him so that says a lot)
Kyle Rayner (Nothing but a whiney little puke)

smile

MERCILOUS
DAMNIT!!!

I'm tired of people not giving Guy some respect. The guy outwill- powered sinestro for his ring for craps sake! I figured at least you would know better eleveninches.

Shouldn't the order in which they were picked at least give you a clue? Guy was hal's replacement, John was Guy's replacement. Although I think Kyle might have become better than John, after all John at one time quit his post, not much willpower there eh?

eleveninches
yeah, im not saying guy is weak. but dont forget, john has the powers of a guardian.

eleveninches
Heirarchy of living Gls at the moment:

Hal
Alan
Kyle
Mogo
John
Kilowog
Guy
Jade

DigiMark007
Woot! Alan is second. Just a well-written series or two away from challenging Hal...

-DM

P.S. ...probably not.

Scoobless
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
DAMNIT!!!

I'm tired of people not giving Guy some respect. The guy outwill- powered sinestro for his ring for craps sake! I figured at least you would know better eleveninches.

damn right... Guy kicks a$$.... his power is more stubbornness than basic willpower (same thing basically) ..... but if you're stubborn enough you never give up

armandovalles
I thought it went like this:

Hal Jordan
Alan Scott
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
Kyle Rayner

isnt that how it goes or am i wrong?

K Von Doom
Wasn't Guy supposed to be the actual GL, but Hal just happened to be there so he was given the ring?

Scoobless
i think Hal got it cos the alien was dying and Hal was closer

..... Abin Sur?

armandovalles
yea, thats how it happenned. Hal was closer. Now i know Hal is the strongest with Alan in a close second, and i know for sure that Kyle is the weakest, but who is stronger, Guy or John?

dawsey28
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/green%20lantern.htm

Yeah, I'd say

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_HalJordan.gif

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/AlanScott-perez-dig.gif

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/jla_john_stuwart_rar.gif

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern-Gardner-Maguire.gif

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/Green%20Lantern_Dave.gif

But I really don't know anymore.

Draco69
I would put Kyle Rayner somewhere near the top. He did harness the power of Ion after all.

dawsey28
Yeah, that's true. I thought he was now the highest due to him having fear. And the Sandman telling Kyle that he would surpass Hal.

But they change things so much-- I just don't know anymore.

armandovalles
I still think he's the weakest. Sure he harnested the power of ion, but thats not THAT big of a deal. Guy went toe-to-toe with Parallax alone (as the warrior) . John knocked out the entire JLA (including Supes and Hal) in one blast. Sentinel went toe-to-toe with Parallax alone as well. Hal, well, Hal IS Parallax, and he's the Spectre, the most powerful force in the DC universe.

Draco69
Ion is basically a "good" Parallax. Hal went crazy and evil. Kyle didn't. He had all the power of Oa at his disposal....and he chose to use it to revive the GL. Corps. I do agree with Hal or even John being above him but Guy certainly isn't. Guy even said to Kyle numerous times that Kyle was the better Lantern.

MERCILOUS
Is that before or after he became warrior? Guy is better John any day. Guy was Hal's replacement, John was his. The ring goes to the next most worthy no? Kyle's the only one who might not follow this rule of thumb.

eleveninches
Guy was meant to be abin sur's successor, and would have been GL instead of hal, but hal was much closer, so he got the ring

eleveninches
Parallax isnt hal. It's a cosmic entity based on fear

WindDancer
That is correct. It was explained in Rebirth that Parallax was originally condemn to the Central battery in Oa and that is why yellow spectrum was GL only weakness. Parallax escape the batterie and possess Hal and made him very powerful.

eleveninches
im sick of hearing people say that hal is/was parallax

pr1983
Originally posted by eleveninches
im sick of hearing people say that hal is/was parallax

it was a bit of a cop out though... erm

gl rebirth 6 was really good anyways...

eleveninches
Best moment was hal saying he doesnt know how to give up.
2ns best was hal knocking out batman

WindDancer
haha! That was sweet! Even Superman ask Batman "are you okay?". Serves him right for distrusting Hal and the Lanterns. Batman in JLA is a bit of a jerk sometimes. He is so much different in Detective comics and in Legends.

Mainstream
Batman gonna get'em back...Batman gonna get'em all back

WindDancer
Nah, he got what he deserved. Good for Hal for punching Bats in the face.

Mainstream
This from you...Hal went nuts and tried to destroy the planet or something right...it's not like Hal wouldn't of deserved a bat kick in the mid section...for old times sake...fist

Mainstream
"strike Batman down and he shall return more cunning than you possible imagine." fist

WindDancer
Originally posted by Mainstream
Hal went nuts and tried to destroy the planet or something right...it's not like Hal wouldn't of deserved a bat kick in the mid section...for old times sake...fist

Again, that was not Hal that was doing the destruction it was the entity known as Parallax. Hal was only a victim of Parallax manipulation. Batman and the Rest of the JLA (including Hal himself) didn't know about Parallax locked in the central battery. No one knew about it until Kyle explained to Green Arrow. The only character that might have know was The Spectre. Batman jump into conclusions without knowing the truth of Parallax's origin. For that he paid the price.

eleveninches
Bats is gonna get his revenge for the mind wipe soon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.