Worst Comic-Book Character Upgrades

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Sister to the other thread.

My opinion? Magneto (as if he isn't powerful enough already), Scarlet Witch (Interesting premise but a little silly), Rogue (More like a DOWNGRADE. No super-strength or flight. She's a boring character now), Thor (Ditto with Magneto. He's was fine as the God of Thunder), Wasp (She can grow now?), Luke Cage (For some bizarre reason he went from Class 5 to 25 What the f**k?, Human Torch (a cosmic herald? Pfft), Martian Manhunter (fear of "passionate/emotional" flame? What the f**k?

Next Venom_girl
Gotta agree with you with Magneto.
Spider-man getting organic webbing sorta made sense, but the ability to commune with earwigs-- not so much.
Scorpion getting Venom symbiote.
Oh and now apparently Wolverine and Venom can now withstand getting nuked. shifty

savagerampage
na i like magneto's upgrade, master of magnetism means master of magnetism, so finally marvel is doing him justice.

DigiMark007
Wasn't aware of a lot of the upgrades Draco mentioned. But I also displike Magneto's upgrade, and I hate Scarlet Witch's upgrade. I just read "Avengers Dissasembled" and her power seemed off the charts...not a bad comic but I didn't like that aspect of it. Apparently she's still underneath Dr. Strange in power, but even the good Dr. was somewhat worried.

-DM

Mainstream
I hate Beast new blue thundercat look

Draco69
I like it. Especially if its drawn by Quitely. He looks more imposing and dangerous. Feral eyes dude...

Mainstream
the new look has grown on me..but I like his old look if he's in X3 he's gonna look like he looked on the cartoons.

dominic/wolf
anybody got a pic of scorpion with the venom and whats thors upgrade

Wickerman
Herc's downgrade sad Scarlet witch's upgrade. Like i said on another thread, i'm prolly a biased angry little man, but i dislike people affecting MY reality baby stick out tongue
also, heard that Supergirl got a big@ss boost as well that makes no sense or something.

~wickerman~

armandovalles
yea, i hate how Herc was downgraded also.

Next Venom_girl
http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/images/venom2/killing.jpg

This is the Fortunado dork bonded with the Venom-sym, but Scorpion looks EXACTLY the same.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/images/venom2/killing.jpg

This is the Fortunado dork bonded with the Venom-sym, but Scorpion looks EXACTLY the same.

The picture here might be misleading, especially in a thread about power upgrades.

Venom isn't killing Spider-Man here. It's just some random guy in a Spidey costume...Venom mistakes him for the real thing (but like Venom-Girl said, it isn't Brock in it this time).

-DM

dominic/wolf
what about thor and doesnt scorp have a tail

Next Venom_girl
In MK Scorp trades in his costume, tail and all, for the sym. sick

juggernaut74
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea, i hate how Herc was downgraded also. Juggernauts downgrade is the queerest of all downgrades.

Worst upgrade would have to be Magneto or Wanda.

savagerampage
yeah juggys and herc downgrades are horrible, Hopefully they will upgrade more powerful then ever. Well that if Juggernaut is alive

FieryBalrog
juggernaut had to be downgraded if he was joining the x-men. A character powerful enough to give an entire team a fight wouldnt work well on the team itself.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by savagerampage
yeah juggys and herc downgrades are horrible, Hopefully they will upgrade more powerful then ever. Well that if Juggernaut is alive I dont think Juggy is dead.

I think he is stuck in another dimension or something like that.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't like Wolverine's inexplicable everything upgrade. He's like pre-crisis superman now.

One minute he runs through showers of bullets, the next he can't handle a tap on the head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.