Kotor 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ridah
What would be some changes/ideas for things to make the third game better than the first 2.

Darth_Janus
- Make me the main character.

- Make me badass.

- Make me have an optional romance with three supermodel like Jedi babes.

- Have a Force Spank power.

- Takes 80 hours to complete.

Darth Ridah
While I'm sure you would no doubt be a kick ass main character in the kotor series, I'm afraid that your serious lack of midiclorians would be the un-doing of anyone hoping to achieve Jedi status. but yeah 80 hours & a force spank power would be tha shizz-nits

Darth_Janus
Pfft... I'm overflowing with midi-chlorians... I can crap a Chosen One three times a day.

But seriously... What KOTOR III needs...

- Extended gameplay with a reason to revisit planets

- A place to fight continuously, with a decent selection. We spend all that time building up, we should be able to kill things.

- Larger parties. Two pals just ain't cuttin' it.

- Follow up with the need for skills. Also, make less Jedi and potential Jedi... non Jedi have uses too.

- A different ship, with stuff to do onboard.

- A reason to talk to your allies 3/4ths of the way in game.

- The ability to have a storyline focus around a party, not an individual.

- Avoid making another Exile (i.e. soon-to-be-badass hero) I can handle being an average Jedi for a game if I get to be Revan on crack later on.

- And lastly, have the different forms actually be different. And don't let any old joe learn them all in one sitting.

Darth Ridah
F@%K yeah thats the kinda stuff I'm talkin about I also think there should be different choices for character races, not "just" humans this time. Also... what if you got to progress through your players lifeline... like start the game as a kid at the jedi academy & move on tfrom there.... I'd also love to see some "vader-like" attachments in this one (leafblowers -n- power drills, -n- sh!t like that) ....... costume design would also be pretty bad ass

Darth_Janus
I totally agree. Race choice... everything... Make it fun as hell.

Fishy
Race choice? Disagree there, It hardly adds anything just makes the game harder to make and takes away time from more important stuff

but here's a few things that they should add somehow

- something that involves Revan
- a finished story
- I don't have to be a hero, powerful is nice but god is overboard
- Put more enemy's in the game
- Like Janus said a reason to revisit planets
- Make us know what happened to the Kotor I characters
- They can do the same for the II i don't really care
- Make Revan Dark
- Make the Exile light
- A story i would drool over
- A real reason to do what you are doing from the start. They don't have to tell the plot from the start but a reason would be nice Kotor II missed that reason mostly, at least I gave you a reason.
- Plot twists
- A real change between light and dark side, something seriously lacking in both games

I could go on and on with this, but I think this is most important and I'm bored with typing stick out tongue

Darth Ridah
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, in jedi knight: Jedi acad. there was a choice of race, the choices were kinda sh!tty but still they were there, when I played kotor I & didn't have a choice I felt a little..... cheated. but yes a finished story would be a welcomed change... I was pretty pissed at the end of II, I mean wtf ? what happened ? & I really agree about not having to be a galactic hero, plenty of Jedi have some good adventures & you don't hear sh!t about them. Where's the glory for the little guy? doctor ninja

Otaku_Sith
Online stuff.Like,you can create your own jedi clan or Sith clan or take an apprentice or something.Twould be kewl.

Fishy
You are insane, online stuff would suck in Kotor... Imagine the amount of cheaters, if they add an online function i'm not buying the game

Otaku_Sith
Well maybe they should make a game which is online only.With the create your own clan stuff.anyway i'd gonna play ROTS the game now.(again)

Fishy
You really are insane...

I'm sure Kotor would have a great story online... roll eyes (sarcastic)

nolan lepaz
I agree with FISHY that KOTOR 3 should have something involving Revan like the Exile whuppin' her *ss. But seriosly academy training would be nice aznd a progression from life to death.

Fishy
If Kotor III has something with Revan and The Exile and the Exile whoops Revan's ass then the game will suck and deserves to be burned

nolan lepaz
No that game would be put on a mantle somewhere it would truly be holy. No but I would like to see a story that has the character travel to the places revan went beyond the outer rim in search of the true sith. yes yes yes

Otaku_Sith
Originally posted by Fishy
You really are insane...

I'm sure Kotor would have a great story online... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Not a KOTOR game you now a new seies

Fishy
You really are insane...

nolan lepaz
But most likely revan went to no such place he probably punked out and went to some tropical planet. Revan 5 years after kotor 1

Otaku_Sith
You really are insane...
no just stupid muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

darth_dracus
change the fighting

Fishy
Originally posted by Otaku_Sith
no just stupid muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that last insane thing was for nolan lepaz, and my ass Revan would look like that. He always wanted to train fight learn and better himself. He isn't some stupid weak guy that would just leave everything behind to cry.. No he would face whatever he needed or wanted to face... Always fighting always learning.

nolan lepaz
Dude I was messing around with that pot this is revan 5 year after kotor when the exile finishes his fat *ss off

nolan lepaz
No but seriously I would like to travel to the places revan went on the next kotor.

kenobi2004
Lol funny picture....man i think kotor 3 is a really damn good idea since i really like the past two parts of it.....but i wish if he can change it from RPG mood to First-person fighting like ROTS video game

nolan lepaz
Well I'm not really into RPG's and when I played KOTOR I for the first time I didn't really like it because I was use to real time game. When I press a button to hit someone I expect them to be hit. But after I got the hand of how to play I fell in love wioth it and couldn't picture playing it any other way. I belive you would just die really quick if it was reeal time. How is ROTS video game? I haven't played yet.

Fishy
Kotor should stay the way it is, the fighting system works for that game

exanda kane
You should follow Revan, kill Exile and then watch Revan die eventually, not by humans but he tries to get to much power or something, gets zapped by the force and disappears or something. Open ended would be nice, although you'll disagree, kinda like Elder Scrolls.

Fishy
Revan shouldn't die at all... Not in the games. he's to important

exanda kane
I mean like dramatically. He's got to disappear, he could stop the true Sith entering the galaxy by sacrificing his life with all that power he's got. I know it's not very 'sith' like, but I can't see him getting beaten in battle . . .

But hopefully no new characters with amnesia, you should train from a padawan etc.
Or you could just be Revan at a high level and gain really evil force powers . . .

Fishy
Being Revan would kinda suck, and be great at the same time. But the story would suffer. I mean everybody knows Revan, fears Revan or loves Revan. There s just no way anybody would fight against you being to scared and all...

But a dramatic death for Revan? I'm not so sure, I hope it doesn't happen..

El_NINO
1) longer game play
2) We should get to have a padawan to teach
3) Be able to play after you finished the game
4) introduce more Sith and Jedis who have been in hidding
5) add more stuff to interact with

mamasboy
Don't change the fighting for one.

Keep it offline.Even SW Galaxies lacks heavily.

And I whole heartedly agree with Darth Janos.

Reasons for going back to visited planets.

Lose the influence.

Mix a little of KOTOR 1 with KOTOR 2 and you might come up with an interesting game.

The game MUST make sense.It seems the more they backtrack the more they mess it up.

darth_dracus
IT WOULD BE BETTER TO FIGHT YOUR SELF THEN JUST CLICKING ATTACK FLURRY WELL YOU NO WHAT I MEAN

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by nolan lepaz
Well I'm not really into RPG's and when I played KOTOR I for the first time I didn't really like it because I was use to real time game. When I press a button to hit someone I expect them to be hit. But after I got the hand of how to play I fell in love wioth it and couldn't picture playing it any other way. I belive you would just die really quick if it was reeal time. How is ROTS video game? I haven't played yet. The ROTS game is pretty good, but it's really short...

Darth Mantis
Well if they make a KOTOR III which I believe they will, how strong do you think the "true sith" will be? Who ever they are, I bet they will make Traya seem like a simple protocol droid...

xxxpoppunker182
If Kotor III has something with Revan and The Exile and the Exile whoops Revan's ass then the game will suck and deserves to be burned

totally agree revan rules and the exile that was just added in there to try and top who you were in the first game.

xxxpoppunker182
i think that they atlest have to come up with the conclusion of everyone like carth how the hell did he get into kotor 2 and i think that the kotor's should end up telling the tale of revan like what is everything he did and so forth but when he dies his spirit is left behind on dagobah(makeing the tree/cave thing get its power) or somewhere kool initially makeing it available for someone to write a story on or i dunni i just love revan and think we should know more about him.

Darth_Janus
Well, Revan isn't a true Sith in his motivations, unless he is bent on universal domination, why would he leave the Republic intact? I think Revan knew that to save the Republic, he would have to play the villain. He would forge a Republic anew, and strong enough to face another threat. And a dramatic death would make a great deal of sense. And I admire martyrs myself...

But he shouldn't be a main character. Maybe a late in the game temporary character, like using uber Revan to fight the final boss.

Fishy
Revan shouldn't be a character at all...

He should appear in the game however possibly at the end to beat up the boss you and your team could not

Darth Ridah
ok f()ck that, you guys are to stuck on the first 2 games, F()ck revan F()ck the exile.... you people are missing the point of this... what would make the third game BETTER, if I wanted revan or the exile I'd keep playin the first 2 games.................. ok new point.... the 3rd game would be much better if no mention of Revan or thew exile was made.

Look at the force, thats my shit, bask in it.... but know who let you be where you are.... .:'~':. ME.:'~':.

Fishy
So you want a third game that will completely destroy the history is already made? Unless the game takes place many years after Revan that will just not be acceptable

Darth_Janus
Why not just make a Clone Wars RPG if you wanna go that route.

Fishy
Exactly no need to call it Kotor then, if you want to do that then forget about Kotor completly

nolan lepaz
They can make a game that was suppose to take place two-thousand years before ANH so the clone wars nor the empire end up driving the story line they and when there were just more than two sith at a time. Also it would be nice to have to fight the krayth. they can call the game Knights of the not quite so old republic KOTNQSOR big grin

Darth Ridah
I'm not a big fan of turn based, but thats what the game was built on... I'd like to see it more like epIII, but I'm just not sure if the game would be the same

Fishy
Of course it wouldn't be... It would ruin Kotor, can you imagine controlling three people and using a shit load of force powers on the X-box? The computer will have a hard time already but at least doable... Seriously no way in hell something like that could be made into a good game let alone stand a Kotor game

xeon_inc
join de forum just to make some comment....

(point of view: kotor 1 lightside, kotor 2 darkside)

firstly revan in kotor 1 restored de old republic and flew far away to seek for something(maybe in search for the sith and stop them)
then came de exile from kotor 2 which stayed to wait for someone strong against him...and wif de help of visas marr's force "seeing" she sence if to complete his domination he will hav to end "the one",of coz de exile will hunt revan down...and so the exile set sail and followed revan's path..
Visas Marr's word of advice. "to end one great leader, blind his mind wif power"

in kotor 3, de story began 10 years after kotor 2, u r a student of a jedi master...u read and heard alot abt the past of both fallen and redeemed jedi...and so u secertly set sail wif a group of companions(hav em' during the reseach for the loss jedis) into de unknown space, just like wad the exile did..

sorrie to ruin u guyz idea, but u, the curious jedi found out tt the revan did actually found the root of the sith...but soon he came across de exile..and de exile ish undeniably gd tt he slauged on revan and ended his life...soon u gotta end him to save or to be like him(darkside)...

the final will be u out win de exile, but it isnt by killing...u was nearly killed by de exile as we noe a young jedi cant easily kill a sith lord rite.. but becoz of greed, de exile over using de dark force he just acquired and soon caused him to went near insane..and boom! he was disabled in force, finally the exile release it wasnt by killing revan to hav him save, he was "blind" by the greed to gain power and cause him to end himself as wad Visas hav said... soon u learn y both did de same thing in search of sith. one to destory it, de other to gain it...so it's u, user to chose a path for the final end....

wow..looks like i'm writing a story, but u guyz can totally disagree wif it.. laughing

Fishy
Of course I can't disagree with it because I don't understand it...

YoshiSlayer
If KOTOR 3 had story Co-op that would be aweinspiring. No crap like deathmatch. But something like lego star wars how you can jump in and out of the game. Let people play as your party members. Otaku Sith is right there should be online stuff and Fishy is also right for online to work there just can't be cheaters whoever makes it should spend a lot of time on that. As for story don't do anything with revan or the exile start completely new and do that age progressing thing someone was talking about. But there was is an eyetoy so do the same thing for the PC so you can put yourself in the game.

YoshiSlayer
If KOTOR 3 had story Co-op that would be aweinspiring. No crap like deathmatch. But something like lego star wars how you can jump in and out of the game. Let people play as your party members. Otaku Sith is right there should be online stuff and Fishy is also right for online to work there just can't be cheaters whoever makes it should spend a lot of time on that. As for story don't do anything with revan or the exile start completely new and do that age progressing thing someone was talking about. But there is an eyetoy so do the same thing for the PC so you can put yourself in the game.

Fishy
Originally posted by YoshiSlayer
If KOTOR 3 had story Co-op that would be aweinspiring. No crap like deathmatch. But something like lego star wars how you can jump in and out of the game. Let people play as your party members. Otaku Sith is right there should be online stuff and Fishy is also right for online to work there just can't be cheaters whoever makes it should spend a lot of time on that. As for story don't do anything with revan or the exile start completely new and do that age progressing thing someone was talking about. But there was is an eyetoy so do the same thing for the PC so you can put yourself in the game.

Thats just insane, have you even played Kotor 1 and 2? Of course Revan has to be in it, he's the driving factor behind the entire story

Darth Ridah
An eyetoy? how would that even work?....... have you ever played an eyetoy game? they're kinda g@y Happy Dance

Draykid
Yep.

Some of the suggestions people are making are kinda retarded.

Yeah, Revan was actually in KotOR II. Must have not been able to find him. Poor you.

And... Change the fighting?! Are you mad?! The fighting was teh bomb. XD

Draykid
Also, that person who thought up that entire storyline for KotOR three...

What the HELL is that supposed to mean?!

Darth_Glentract
If the guy who typed this comes back, I'm just trying to translate what you said. Don't be offended please.

(point of view: kotor 1 lightside, kotor 2 darkside)

Firstly, Revan in KOTOR 1 restored the Old Republic and flew far away to seek something.(He maybe in search for the Sith and is trying stop them.)

Then came the Exile from KOTOR 2 which stayed to wait for someone strong against him...and with the help of Visas Marr's force "seeing" she sence if to complete his domination he will have to end "the one",of corse the Exile will hunt Revan down...and so the Exile set sail and followed Revan's path.

Visas Marr's word of advice. "To end one great leader, blind his mind with power."

In KOTOR 3, the story begins 10 years after KOTOR 2. You are a student of a Jedi Master.

You read and hear a lot about the past of both fallen and redeemed Jedi...and so You secretly set sail with a group of companions(have them doing the research for the loss Jedi's) into the Unknown Space, Just like what the Exile did.

Sorry to ruin you guys' idea, but you, the curious Jedi found out that Revan did actually find the root of the Sith. But soon he came across the Exile. The Exile undeniably got slaughtered by Revan and Revan ended his life...Soon you will have to kill Revan (Lightside) or become like Revan (darkside).

The final fight will be you against the Exile. You win against the Exile, but it isn't by killing.

You were nearly killed by the Exile as we know a Young Jedi can't easily kill a sith lord right? But because of greed, the Exile over used the Dark Side of the Force he has just acquired and soon it caused him to go nearly insane.

And boom! He was disabled in the Force. Finally, the Exile realizes it wasn't by killing Revan to him save, he was "blind" by the greed to gain power and this caused him to end himself as Visas had said he would.
Soon you learn why they both did the same thing in search of Sith. One to destroy it, the other to gain it. So it's you, the person in KOTOR 3 to chose a path for the final end....

wow, looks like I'm writing a story, but you guys can totally disagree with it.

Fishy
How can the Exile get killed and then later on you have to kill him again? I'm confused

xxxpoppunker182
i'm with fishy he shares my exact same views on KOTOR III

ImmortalOne
Two things......

A romantic storyline !!!
And for Christ sakezz !!! Make it longer !!! 100 play hours !! I don't care if it costs shit !!

Darth Ridah
ok folks heres how were gonna do this one: last of the jedi masters were killed in II, hows about in III you have to gather various artifacts to train & become the "new" jedi master.... after wich you then have to brave the dangers of the galaxy picking up force users from various planets & train them to be the newest chapter of the Jedi order, so on & so forth until at the end of the game, Revan or the exile (or both) return to end it once again. but yeah, also, take some of the saber colors away(the fancy ones kind of detract from the storyline of the orig. star wars) & as far as gameplay goes, turn based is fine but as I said in a previous thread

" what good is having a lightsaber, when you yourself don't actually get to rain down flashlight fury on people that pi$$ you off?" What the f**k? but these are all great things were sayin here so keep it up

darth-yoda
in kotor 3 i would like it if at the start of the game you made a choice to be trained by revan (darkside) or the exile (ligthside) for instance your in a house on your homeplanet and revan first and then the exile vist you as a young boy/girl which u will choose what gender race face and basic clothes u have before u start the story then once u have chosen u leave your family and go and train in the ways of the force once you get to the acadamy you begin your training as you play the game and age u get more skills to chose from then when your reach about the age of 15 you be come the apprentice of revan the dark lord of the sith or the exile a renound jedi master as the story progresses you meet all the characters from the previouse games and some new ones you get to recruit them all the story can end in seven possible ways following revan and becoming the new dark lord of the sith (revan darkside) folowing revan and turning him back towards the lights side and joining the exile(revan lightside) following reavan and turning to the lightside killing revan (revan neutral) following the exile and becoming the new jedi acadamy leader (exile lightside) the exile and turing to the darkside killing the exile (darkside exile) and following the exile turning him toward the darkside and joining revan to become the 3 sith lords and the last one killing revan and the exile stoping war and returning peace to the galaxy

so people please tell me what u think

Darth Ridah
one of the things I'd really like to see would be a costume design option for during or close to the end of the game, if you notice all of the sith lords thus far have had unique outfits. why should it just be them? & how about a better implant option? like I said show me some snap on Vader gear

Darth Bulhas
-new fighting mite b cool but is risky
-Make it huge
-Republic n Jedi are not always on the run
-Start out as younger, you kno age but not lil todler bcuz...
-Revan would get really old lol
-Umm its during a war n thers like millions of enemys, and you got like lots of allies u lead them to victory of that battle (jus think of the xpbig grin)
-More planets
-Maybe a cross with the skywalkers way into it lol, like anakins great.great.great.great.great grandfather id jus think itd b cool
-ya major costume crap like vadar suits or sumtin
-get an apprentice would b cool(DS-Your apprentice tries killing you)
(LS)Your apprentice joins the darkside or is your best pal foreva)

Gryn Jabar
Why can't you people speak properly!? It seems like only forum regulars bother to write in regular engish. Anyway, a good KOTOR 3 plot would likely involve the following parties:
A) HK 47
B) Revan and Exile (duh)
C) Carth-Bastila
The plot would likely have to do with Revan finding something big, the exile sending a message back to Carth, who by now is probably a huge figure in the republic, and the jedi. They respond by sending a party of people including CHARNAME.

Darth Bulhas
Yes i can see that...
But that gave me an idea,
The exile kills Carth in a war wich, the exile rules all
A letter is sent to bastila
Which she knows the wherabouts of Revan
She tells Revan
Revan is furious
This is all in a cut scene
So Revan has two choices
A dark choice
Or a light choice
That choice decides your path
Dark side starts a the war again and he is hunger for power
Light side well too lazy to find that out laughing

Darth Bulhas
im tired of the exile thing

Darth neckros
I dont have many ideas for a story but I think some minor changes could go a long way like:
-being able to put the hood up or down
-being able to custimize you lightsaber hilt
-to be able to make your own robes

Darth neckros
I also think you should be able go every where and do anything like morrowind or something

Darth Xanatos
Do any of u guys use cheats on the game? huh

Fishy
When I play it for the third time or something yes...

Darth Xanatos
i think it makes the game sooooo much funner.

Mutilator
There are a lot of cool ideas for KOTOR 3 here i personally would like the story to have more choices (good, bad and neutral) as well as more customisable.

-I would like a survey before i start the game so it would match what i did in KOTOR 1 & 2.

-i would like the story to happen just after KOTOR 2 when the Jedi are reforming and growing in numbers.

-As for the main character i would want to start out as a citizen of a planet and something bad happened, like you parents where killed. this would end in you making a choice of either joining the Jedi Order or join the Sith.

-When you make this choice you train how u want if you want to be a Guardian, Consular or Sentinel etc but more to it than in the previous games for example you can maybe become almighty enough that you become a Jedi Master/Sith Lord (that everyone will either love or fear)

-Once a Jedi/Sith i would like to be able to construct and customize a lightsabur fully, not just colour of the blade itself

-I think more races would be good. obviously would have to be humanoid not like some huge yeti or like Yoda as it would make gameplay a problem with different character sizes.

-a choice of ships would be nice maybe you start with the familiar Ebon Hawk and then have the choice of having something much newer and less battered. but i wouldn't be totally disapointed if the Hawk came back
as this isn't anything major.

That is how i would i like the game to start out. I think the gameplay of KOTOR 3 should stay within the same style of RPG and not like Jedi Academy.

I don't agree that it should be online KOTOR fighting system is great would be near to impossible to play KOTOR online with it and would kinda ruin the single player.

one of the main things that i think has to be a must is a new engine with new graphics as i think KOTOR II really disappointed some people that they decided to use KOTOR's engine and just change the UI (Health bar etc.) around to make it look different.

Another major must is that they must test the game before it is released so it works on all compatible ATI and Nvidia graphics cards with their drivers. (i don't want to downgrade drivers again just to play KOTOR)

Whatever the story i think KOTOR 3 will be a great game like its predecessors. and i hope do decide to make KOTOR 3 (last i heard lucasarts layed-off the team working on KOTOR 3)

please tell me what you think big grin

Darth Ridah
I'm not sure about the new graphics, I was pretty satisfied with the way the second game followed really close with the first (except for the end)
an ew engine would suck serious ass. Also I'd still like to veer away from Revan & the Exile.... maybe do somthing else for a while & then you could come back to it in kotor 4-5. maybe a slight tie in with them somwhere during the game but not so much a main storyline

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by Mutilator
There are a lot of cool ideas for KOTOR 3 here i personally would like the story to have more choices (good, bad and neutral) as well as more customisable.

-I would like a survey before i start the game so it would match what i did in KOTOR 1 & 2.

-i would like the story to happen just after KOTOR 2 when the Jedi are reforming and growing in numbers.

-As for the main character i would want to start out as a citizen of a planet and something bad happened, like you parents where killed. this would end in you making a choice of either joining the Jedi Order or join the Sith.

-When you make this choice you train how u want if you want to be a Guardian, Consular or Sentinel etc but more to it than in the previous games for example you can maybe become almighty enough that you become a Jedi Master/Sith Lord (that everyone will either love or fear)

-Once a Jedi/Sith i would like to be able to construct and customize a lightsabur fully, not just colour of the blade itself

-I think more races would be good. obviously would have to be humanoid not like some huge yeti or like Yoda as it would make gameplay a problem with different character sizes.

-a choice of ships would be nice maybe you start with the familiar Ebon Hawk and then have the choice of having something much newer and less battered. but i wouldn't be totally disapointed if the Hawk came back
as this isn't anything major.

That is how i would i like the game to start out. I think the gameplay of KOTOR 3 should stay within the same style of RPG and not like Jedi Academy.

I don't agree that it should be online KOTOR fighting system is great would be near to impossible to play KOTOR online with it and would kinda ruin the single player.

one of the main things that i think has to be a must is a new engine with new graphics as i think KOTOR II really disappointed some people that they decided to use KOTOR's engine and just change the UI (Health bar etc.) around to make it look different.

Another major must is that they must test the game before it is released so it works on all compatible ATI and Nvidia graphics cards with their drivers. (i don't want to downgrade drivers again just to play KOTOR)

Whatever the story i think KOTOR 3 will be a great game like its predecessors. and i hope do decide to make KOTOR 3 (last i heard lucasarts layed-off the team working on KOTOR 3)

please tell me what you think big grin

i think it would be good with a Co-Op mode, also.

DarthMandalore
also, you should be able to get an apprentice if you are a sith lord/jedi master.

able transit back to the ebon hawk

better romance story.
and i'll think of more later

wednesday13
I think it would be cool if you were Revan and during parts of the game you would regain memories from when you first became evil and during the visions you could control Revan (like the dreams in Max Payne).

azeo
lolz man i got a pimp version. ITs fable with light sabers, aprentinces and co-op. go here h t t p : / / i m g 1 2 7 . e c h o . c x / m y . p h p ? i m a g e = l o l z 5 d q . p n g . i spaced it so it would let me post it. dam thingy

DarthMandalore
wow, thats.... rather... stupid, but a good idea...

azeo
Did you go to the site? it took me like 15 mins to make those pictures and find them. Anyways wanna know what kotor3 needs? it needs to be during a real war, like an actualy war. not like the crap in kotor1. YOu should be able to go to planets that are fighting and command armies. and then you should also be able to get captured and have to escape (best part of kotor1) also the starten as a kid would be pimp.

DarthMandalore
it was done very well, the images.

yeah, either: during the mandalorian wars. the exar kun war. or episodes I-VI

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by DarthMandalore
also, you should be able to get an apprentice if you are a sith lord/jedi master.

able transit back to the ebon hawk

better romance story.
and i'll think of more later

And shock troopers, mandalorian shock troopers would be.... oh they would be better than better.....

Master Alshara
I agree that puting up your robes hood would a cool option. Also ship customization would be interesting. being able to buy parts for your ship that could help you throughout the game. (like upgrdes to the hidden turret, or smuggling compartments to smuggle or hide in like on the Millenium Falcon or a cloaking device so you could land undetected on the outskirts of a planet) also the game's story should feature the end of the sith order and the begining of the only two at a time thing, along with the end of the mandalorians(bye bye canderous). Robe customization would also be cool, instead of just putting on an outfit, you could buy different components.( shirt, pants,boots,cloak.) it would also be cool to have a home planet upon which you could build a base. ( the jedi temple if you are restoring the order, or a sith strong hold which would be destroyed in a huge explosion at the end of the game.) Again, being able to continue to play after you finish the main quest would be nice. (that's where online downloads come into play! have new quests and events created for the game and then made downloadable from either the lucasarts site or Xbox live!!!)

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by Master Alshara
I agree that puting up your robes hood would a cool option. Also ship customization would be interesting. being able to buy parts for your ship that could help you throughout the game. (like upgrdes to the hidden turret, or smuggling compartments to smuggle or hide in like on the Millenium Falcon or a cloaking device so you could land undetected on the outskirts of a planet) also the game's story should feature the end of the sith order and the begining of the only two at a time thing, along with the end of the mandalorians(bye bye canderous). Robe customization would also be cool, instead of just putting on an outfit, you could buy different components.( shirt, pants,boots,cloak.) it would also be cool to have a home planet upon which you could build a base. ( the jedi temple if you are restoring the order, or a sith strong hold which would be destroyed in a huge explosion at the end of the game.) Again, being able to continue to play after you finish the main quest would be nice. (that's where online downloads come into play! have new quests and events created for the game and then made downloadable from either the lucasarts site or Xbox live!!!)

ok, the end of the mandalorians came 10 years before TPM. the sith order of only 2 came about 2000 years before ANH, but other than that it sounds good.

gokudre
i think kotor 3 should combine 1 and 2 like any good trilogy does. have the exile seek out revan (by way of flashbacks and cut scenes you play some one entirly differant) have your character follow the path of the exile only to meet up with te two inthe end. then u have to decide who to join. but first and foremost. the main change iwant to see is FINISH THE DAM* GAME!!!!!!!! kotor 2 was great untill the end. it was rushed to be out for christmas and the botched the end. if you want the missing details and dialog go here h t t p : / / t u b e r t a r i a n . c o m /k o t o r 2 m i s s i n g c o n t e n t . p h p i had t ospace it. just delete the spaces it tells you everything that happened at the end and the ommited dialog from kotor 2

Viden
Ok long post comin up:

It should feature:
1. More open-ended! I like the choice between Light or Dark, and I loved the influence thing...but come on, only two endings?! Have at least 5-6 different endings! Probably 2 for light, 2 for dark, and 2 for someone who decides the ydon't like being a jedi
2. A GOOD storyline that fits with the history of Star Wars.
3. Graphics that are slightly more updated (not like a total makeover)
4. HK-47! He's been through both KotOR and KotOR2 so why not 3? Also, feature T3-M4. By this time however they'd be horribly outdated, so you have to find new parts to upgrade them.
5. Some sort of revelation...can't really describe what I want because it's too hard...
6. A LOT more force powers
7. The ability to choose between being a force-user, or just an average person.
8. The ability to actually CONTROL others in the party. Example: Say you choose HK-47. You feel like talking to T3-M4. This time, instead of switching to the main character to talk, you'd be able to either 1. watch a conversation or 2. choose what u want HK to say. (I'd love to threaten people and call them meatbags hehe)
9. A mode of gameplay where you get to be the REAL bad guys (Like being able to control the Sith)
10. Can't think of much more.
Here's a rough storyline:
It's been only 1 year since the events of KotOR2. The Jedi are beginning to reemerge. However, the Sith are still alive and thriving, but are once more hiding in the shadows, waiting for things to be set into motion. This will feature both the Exile and Revan. In my opinion, Revan should be light and the Exile should be dark, but not like the sith. The Exile is a wound in the force. He/she needs to feed his/her power, which causes him/her to go mad. He/she will eventually meet Revan in battle. In the beginning of the game, you choose to fight as Revan or the Exile. Whoever wins will alter the storyline completely. This will be a tricky game to make, but oh well stick out tongue You will be a young jedi padawan (age 13-16) You will eventually either 1. obey the council and eventually become a Jedi Knight 2. Decide that the Jedi lifeisn't for you. 3. Defy the council and run off. The story will follow you on w/e path you take. You'll meet people and so on and so forth. It's like i said a rough storyline. Deal with it. I will now let u all disagree with me.

DarthMandalore
gokurde, that was a cool site!

J-Unit
I always wished that i could put on the hood with the Y Button on xbox instead of turning the lightsaber on

J-Unit
so when do u think its up for a realase?

Djnannadaddy
everyone's ideas r great, but i also think we should leave revan & exile out, cept for references only.....

how bout run the story from ....... if u didnt kill atris & tried to save her, she turns back to the light, & starts a new jedi temple, to train "force sensitives" to become jedi's........

while out & about, sum character(who then becomes one of ur companions).....finds u, on a devastated planet....while repairin their ship.........not knowin what to do, he/she takes u to the temple, where they discover u r a "force sensitive".................there u r trained in the ways of the force......howver u plaqued by mysterious visions of sum kind of shadowery figure that is chasing after u(later being sumone u may become....such as vader or sumthin along that line...............)

& maybe years down the road, while off on sum mission,sum unknown force(pehaps the rakata.....who were re-trained in ways of the force by revan).....go back to their evil ways & try to re-capture the galaxy.....thus destroying the jedi temple & everyone there......& also destroy korriban....& all the siths there......

so now u a lone & struggling padawan.......must rise up as either a sith or jedi & form alliances.........to face this new threat

well tell me what u guys think............dont flame me tooo much

darth-yoda
i like it but i think maybe a mix with my story would make a great game lucas arts should really read this forums it would improve there games so much Djnannadaddy if ou havent read my story ill send it to ya in a PM just ask

Nai Fohl
Well...my personal ideas:

Storyline

I think the main character of the game should most likely be somebody who has some relation to the Exile. Maybe a Jedi Padawan or Knight from the Academy on Dantooine. Since the Sith were trying to hunt down the Jedi in the entire galaxy you had to hide yourself somewhere (for example the lower regions of Coruscant - some place like that). Now the game starts and you want to follow Revan and the Exile to fight the Sith Empire (KOTOR I and KOTOR II light side endings are said to be "cannon" here).

So you have to travel around following their way and collect information where they could have gone.

At the end you may have the option to help Revan and Exile to destroy the Sith Empire (LS) or you want to take control over the Sith Empire (DS).

Gameplay

I would like the game to take longer time to play through. So it would be nice if:

- you could play other characters than the main character that later group with the main character (for example: a young man/woman that is force sensitive and can become the main characters apprentice or not so you can chose if you want another char with force powers or not); at least you should have 3 people and one "level" for every one of them before they meet

- more interaction and less influence of the main character on the group when it comes to light or dark side question. The characters should follow their own path so I would like it if the characters would have some key situations where they can decide on their own so that there would be more interaction in the group itself (for example when main char is DS and the other two chars are more LS)

- more customization (ships, character appearance) and this things should have some effects in the game (for example: You can run around looking like a real badass - thereby having more problems acting "undercover" but it could be easier for you to get information out of NPCs, while running around "undercover" - wearing normal clothes - can help you avoiding some fighting situations)

DarthMandalore
we should all write one HUGE letter to Lucas arts and whoever might develop it and tell them our ideas...

darth-yoda
yes yes we should i really would would anyone else

DarthMandalore
i would.

darth-yoda
so theres me and u lets start askin people ill start a thread

Darth Bulhas
i would too

Darth Plagues
It would be nice if you could control your character similar to "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith", but still allow you everything else KOTOR has offered is the past.

Darth Travizzle
You can make your own custom face to make it look like you. There is an option where you can have a romantic relationship with any of your party members. More powers. You can create your own lightsaber hilt.

Djnannadaddy
there should be a storyline in the game that utilizes every companion, that u either have to take them with u, or preferably control them ur self

how bout bein "The Dark Lord" himself........instead of a "Jedi"....or sum unknown......then u could choose which planet to attack.....even if for no apparant reason, cept to spread fear.........or spread ur teachings.....or whatever...........

would luv to have other races, make an usually non-"force sensitive" a jedi or sith.........would luv to be a "force sensitive" wookie........eat ur heart out chewbacca

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by darth-yoda
in kotor 3 i would like it if at the start of the game you made a choice to be trained by revan (darkside) or the exile (ligthside) for instance your in a house on your homeplanet and revan first and then the exile vist you as a young boy/girl which u will choose what gender race face and basic clothes u have before u start the story then once u have chosen u leave your family and go and train in the ways of the force once you get to the acadamy you begin your training as you play the game and age u get more skills to chose from then when your reach about the age of 15 you be come the apprentice of revan the dark lord of the sith or the exile a renound jedi master as the story progresses you meet all the characters from the previouse games and some new ones you get to recruit them all the story can end in seven possible ways following revan and becoming the new dark lord of the sith (revan darkside) folowing revan and turning him back towards the lights side and joining the exile(revan lightside) following reavan and turning to the lightside killing revan (revan neutral) following the exile and becoming the new jedi acadamy leader (exile lightside) the exile and turing to the darkside killing the exile (darkside exile) and following the exile turning him toward the darkside and joining revan to become the 3 sith lords and the last one killing revan and the exile stoping war and returning peace to the galaxy

so people please tell me what u think
I like your idea and Darth Ridah's idea. They're both really good.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Darth Xanatos
Do any of u guys use cheats on the game? huh
I don't think there are any cheats.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by azeo
Did you go to the site? it took me like 15 mins to make those pictures and find them. Anyways wanna know what kotor3 needs? it needs to be during a real war, like an actualy war. not like the crap in kotor1. YOu should be able to go to planets that are fighting and command armies. and then you should also be able to get captured and have to escape (best part of kotor1) also the starten as a kid would be pimp.
Good idea.

DarthMandalore
yeah, but i think they've used up all the wars for that time period so it would have to be different time period...

darth-yoda
itsa gd idea but i dont like the commanding bit and i would like to stay in the kotor timeperiod so i dont no

Djnannadaddy
yeah, i agree with yoda.....i dont really want to command armies, but to go to those planets while they're fightin would be cool, then u could choose a side, like go there actin as part of the republic, but then attack republic soldiers & maybe if u kill everyone there in the battlefield in a certain time, the rest of the group u attacked wont know that u betrayed them, & u can sneak inside their camps, & destroy them from the inside(i know sum spy type shiznit)...........

DarthMandalore
what/who is that?

Djnannadaddy
who is who?

DarthMandalore
the person in your sig.

valenting17

darth-yoda
ok how about minor boss battles threw out the game were you battle sith lords(lightside) or jedi master(darkside) like the apprentice of the master and when you kill one he gets a new one the sith master being revan and the jedi master being the exile also i like the jedi council idea and the big battles and why wont revan be in kotor 3

valenting17

darth-yoda
yeah did you read my post saying that in my ideal kotor3 you would go to a jedi or sith acadmy and train in a class with other younglings under someone the same species as yoda

valenting17
yeah thats a great idea, but you would need a brand new engine to do that

DarthMandalore
it's confirmed that revan is dark lord, so if he did appear he would be a sith lord.

valenting17
of course, but i dont like the idea of revan appearing in kotor iii, it should be closer in time to episode 1..., maybe 500 years before..., so you can start feeling more familiar, it will also open doors for kotor 4,5...

darth-yoda
how about in kotor 3 you kill the exile kotor 4 revan dies and kotor 5 you have to kill a sith to wipe out the remaining sith threat making a ideal lead up to ep 1

valenting17
maybe, also something interesting would be that your party could also chage paths..., anyway, don't have any idea if kotor 3 is going to come out? or if it is beeing developed?

DarthMandalore
it's going to be from obsidian, it will come out around (i think) mid-late 2007. and if they rush it like they did the second one, then so help me, i'll.... i'll... I'LL CRY!!!

valenting17
lets pray for that.........

darth-yoda
whta do you mean by party chaning paths

valenting17
the game should let you to persuade your party to follow that dark/light side....sorry my english isnt very good, im from argentina.

darth-yoda
i like that but couldnt yiu do that in kotor2

DarthMandalore
no, they did it on their own, but you can make 4 of them jedi's.

darth-yoda
oh yeah sorry
dud u read that story

DarthMandalore
it has a virus.

darth-yoda
dose it

darth-yoda
iv just scanned it wit NAV and it says there are no virius

darth-yoda
anyway i posted it on the versus forum under story time thread

Darth_Rankkor
I would like it to have more freedom. A bit like in the GTA series (san andreas especially).

DarthMandalore
no, there's to much freedom in GTA, i think more freedom, but not as much as the GTA games.

MTAPlayer
hmm, im with the ones who think that Revan is lightside, and the exile dark, and at the start of the game you see a scene of them fighting but neither can hurt each other because their powers are the same, so revan and the exile constructed their empires and its up to you with one you will follow...
and also i think that your char should be able to jump, not only when spot a enemy
one more thing, your char dont need to be the hero, as some1 saied, and it could show kotor1 char's destiny

Scott_berg
Kotor Needs to be turn based, with multiple PC's, there is no other plausible way of controlling them, lest you did a final fantasy meets team tekken, Random encounter turns to a tam elimination, which would be absolutely horrid, especially for something like STAR WARS let alone KOTOR.
Kotor should definitely not be on line. There are too many idiots in games like that for it to pan out, and if your gonna do just some on line stuff with selected friends, well then just have it as an MP game and invite them to your place.
Revan should be involved, and to some extent so should the Exile. It'd be like having A New Hope start with Luke and then have no mention of him in Empire or Jedi. There is a definite necessity. Only problem is continuity. KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were very open ended not just in the story of the Exile and Revan but their gender as well (not to mention who want's revans bod more Bastilla or Carth, Same for the Exile) There would have to be a way to leave that open ended for the story to properly pan out for all parties involved, and that would be a ****-load of work. There's my two cents for the moment.

darth-yoda
some good ideas there i like them but revan stated by luscas arts is DS sorry anyway different races
including the race yoda is

MTAPlayer
damm, i like revan, and if he is DS i probably will have to kill him/her, or to save the galaxy or to take his/her place as a sith lord...

Darth Plagues
Make it cooperative, so that three people can play at once and be in your party.

And change the gameplay to be like "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith"

Djnannadaddy
revan will be ds?.....& the exile? is he ls, or not there at all........

Revan21
The exiles sucks, take him out of story, and i want to the final boss fight to be against Revan

Lord Chariol
Kotor 3 doesn't need a whole new fancy combat system or massive changes in the party system, if everything that defines what Kotor is then the game wouldn't feel like Knights, more like a rip off. What the game does need is the players option of appearance. Including jedi robe options (hood up/down, cloak on/off), tattoos, and alien species as a choice of character. How cool would it be to play as a zabrak? The only thing that Knights really badly needs is a good story, as good as the first game. If there is a good story then the rest doesn't matter.

Darth Bulhas
I hate being so powerful
screw you becoming dark lord shit...
I say your just a padawan learning the ways of the force not all powerful dark lords make it so the end they set up for a 4th
n then the 4th you upload your character from the 3rd
ANd you know what i hate is those race pods u click on them and you cant use them i want to use those outside not just walking all over the place...
I HATE being so powerful because it becomes too easy ....

Darth Bulhas
o and being more like gta san andreas would b good n bad
good
-anything you see you can use
-Dont have to take turns to attack :P
Bad
-The rpg story would be ruined because its to open
-I wouldnt want to stop a red lights <---lame joke haha
Theres alot more im just to lazy to find them lol

Djnannadaddy
Kotor 3 needs a few things...........

No revan or exile, cept for references only
Adjustable robes & hoods & different hilts for ur lightsaber(like dooku's)
A new threat
Better force powers
More in-depth involvement of team-mates
A different ship(ebon hawk been around long enough)
New planets(hopefully coruscant is one of them)
How bout a lightsaber color for one trained in the force that's not a jedi or sith.....but rather a neutral.....maybe a black or white lightsaber....since they are neutral colors.....

Definately new species to choose from
Get rid of the swoop racing
Ability to make anyone in ur party a jedi or sith(make the droids, kinda like general grievious......not have force powers, but be able to use lightsabers.....well the ones like HK-47, not GO-TO or T3)

Darth Bulhas
nice ideas Djnannadaddy
rock thumb up

Nactous
Whats going on guys, I just barely escaped the Episode 3 forum after defending Kotor to the death. Does anyone else think Kotor 3 should be on the 360.

Darth Bulhas
hell yes, itd b better game they could do so much more

darth-yoda
that would be a good idea

El_NINO
Hey guys this might have been posted if it has then dont flame me but here is a good site for game insider tips on whats to come and here is a little news on KOTOR 3.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=3976

Darth Bulhas
intresting they should have a website where you can give them your ideas theyd have alot if there was they should see what the public wants...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.