The Price of Videogames

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
The next-generation videogames are rumored to be $70 to $90. Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

JToTheP
Then they better be good games like Super Mario RPG, & Zelda:Ocarina Of Time which were $80.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Draco69
The next-generation videogames are rumored to be $70 to $90. Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

Argh. I have trouble of paying for the games now...

hotsauce6548
No way will they be $70 to $90.

That would be a stupid move on the company's part, seeing as game sales would drastically fall. erm

mr.smiley
I've herd that the will be more expensive to make,so the thought that they'll be more expensive is possible.
The only problem with these next generation systems is that the companys aren't going to take risk.
They won't want to make like gitaro man,mr.misquito,etc.
They'll only want they know will sell.That being said were probably going to see even more movie (while most suck they always sell well).

Blue Dragon

Beelzebuu
I'm with Blue Dragon. I wait til it's cheap and used at Game Stop most of the time. Then I can buy it for like $7 bux. I'm cheap like that ;p. Besides, I really don't have that kinda money to spend on games. I don't have a job yet.

joeykangaroo
yeh but they going to be even more expensive in the future, god help us all
just as well i dont really buy any anymore

pr1983
The next-generation videogames are rumored to be to . Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

what kind of paraphernalia?

DarkCrawler
Virtual glasses? smile

jaden101
hahaha...90 bucks

those kind of prices killed the neo geo back in the day

but what did you expect...especially from microsoft...

Beelzebuu
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Virtual glasses? smile

Like in .Hack I wouldn't mind forking over big bucks for a game like that.

WindDancer
Video games just like any other hobby cost money. So eventually it will end up costing more and more. Just start saving your pennies like me. wink

Blue Dragon

DanZeke25
It better not be 70-90... thats just stupid

mr.smiley
Even if it is,it will drop fairly fast when sales aren't so hot

dAngEr_Is_gO!
My brother is currently applying for jobs in the video game industry and they have all been telling him that the cost of developing games is skyrocketing, so of course this increase in cost is passed on to the consumer.
I already hate school holidays enough. You get at least five excellent games released at that time and they are all full price miffed

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Even if it is,it will drop fairly fast when sales aren't so hot
True... WHAT'S THAT IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!?

mr.smiley
the ultimate lifeform.
the brain of the internet

Thorondor

Mainstream
I think the bottomline is the most people by games the cheaper they'll get....I strongly believe the price of games should stay the same or get lower...technology is always improving so games shouldn't become more expensive at least not for long...maybe during the holiday seasons or something..but by March or April prices should drop.

snehin
im tryin to get a scholarship to design games and so far the guys i know in the industry say the costs r goin to increase fr most console games
upto 150 dollars over here tht is an avg of 6900 rupees per game

snehin
so u guys got it easy

Mainstream
so in the usa what would 6900 rupees be?

Blue Dragon

shangheid
I just checked on Gamestop...all the prices for the PS3 and Xbox 360 launch titles are $60

Mainstream
cool...that's only 10 bucks more..that's not so bad.

BackFire
Yeah, I read about this before.

First thing that came to my mind is "Whoa, welcome to the age of pirated console games".

Raising the price is just going to validiate the reasoning for people to find ways to illegally burn and trade games.

Very bad idea, $50 is a good price tag.

mr.smiley
60's not bad at starting,but after a few months it should drop to fifty

ragesRemorse
yeah, if your going to raise the price at all. $60 would be the maximum accpebtable limit. Even though people would pay to $100. The price doesnt need to be raised at all. If companies cared at all that is.

I dont have a poblem with the price of video games NOW because buying and trading has finally been acknowledged and incoorperated into the sales of video games more. So i really only have to wait a month to purchase a new game at $15 cheaper.

Red Superfly
Actually, I'm not surprised.

The games industry is bigger than the movie industry now.

Look at the sheer production values here. It's crazy. The quality is on par with Hollywood blockbusters these days. The AAA games of tomorrow will be as big as the Summer blockbusters. Look at Killzone 2. My jaw drops everytime I see that tech demo.

I personally think it is totally unecessary and a leap we just don't need to make just yet, but the price tag doesn't bother me in the slightest because the quality and sheer vast richness of the next gen games in unbelievable. The price tag really does need to go up, even though I as a consumer, don't like it, I totally agree with it on a moral level. It's unbelievable how much the actual developer actually takes from each game after the publisher, retailer, packager, third party peeps all take their share of the revenues. I'm all for supporting the developers. These people deserve to be well paid.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Actually, I'm not surprised.

The games industry is bigger than the movie industry now.

Look at the sheer production values here. It's crazy. The quality is on par with Hollywood blockbusters these days. The AAA games of tomorrow will be as big as the Summer blockbusters. Look at Killzone 2. My jaw drops everytime I see that tech demo.

I personally think it is totally unecessary and a leap we just don't need to make just yet, but the price tag doesn't bother me in the slightest because the quality and sheer vast richness of the next gen games in unbelievable. The price tag really does need to go up, even though I as a consumer, don't like it, I totally agree with it on a moral level. It's unbelievable how much the actual developer actually takes from each game after the publisher, retailer, packager, third party peeps all take their share of the revenues. I'm all for supporting the developers. These people deserve to be well paid.

How about no.

Red Superfly
Good arguement. I think I'll change my mind on the subject as of right now.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jnr hiphop

LoL.. yeah.. i do agree that new games these days are real expensive.. well.. games get sold rapidly and i think it is wise to raise the price.. i mean.. if you owned a shop.. and you had heaps of customers.. you would raise the price wouldnt you?

pr1983
you americans are whining about them being $60?

My apologies guys, but games over here on ps2 are generally the equivalent of $65 anyway...

The EU is f*cked...

dave123
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_54752_M1.gif hehe...

pr1983
Originally posted by dave123
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_54752_M1.gif hehe...

laughing

Swanky-Tuna
The old Wrestlemania Arcade game on the SNES costed $100+ and thems were 1990's dollars.

Konjammenson
that will really suck if game prices go up like that. however, the price of video games has remained pretty stable throughout. i mean, a new xbox game comes out around 50-60 dollars right? well i remember paying 50-60 dollars for new super nintendo games. hell, i paid 70 bucks for mario rpg when it was released. if the price really goes up like this, then at least we might be expecting some much higher quality games, making them worth the money. it will still be fine to rent a bunch and then only buy the games you reall really want.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.