Getting ticked off during posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
Ok we all get mad. Its a fact of life. Now posting here in killermovies.com we all know its no exception! For the most part the exchanges are positive but sometimes I see people getting on eachothers cases here on these posts and sometimes people, including me recently, get to the point of mad
Has there been a time someone has totaly ticked you off and you were at your last straw and you totaly digged into them?
Without naming any of the people in your situation what was the biggest occorance of this? How did you handle it? would you have handled it differently?

Alpha Centauri
It's text on a message board.

How anyone could actually get physically pissed off over it I'll never know.

-AC

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

well thats wise of you smile

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I know.

I have this whole Jesus/Prophetic attribute, dunno where it came from.

-AC

smoker4

-AC

yes

Hasnt happened yet, doubtful that it will smokin'

moviejunkie23
well you need to share some of that big grin

PVS
hit the ignore button, and have a coke and a smile.
or you can just dedicate a thread to it erm

smoker4
I tend to gurn more than smile when drinking cocaine cola smokin'

moviejunkie23
you don't like this thread PVS?

PVS
i just dont see the point in it.

the choice is as simple as not reading the offending post, or continue to argue with them. are you asking for tips on anger management? i would seek far better advice than on a forum then...perhaps counseling? prozac? throw your computer out the window?
i dont know....but i do know that no enlightenment will be gained here.

Storm
I manage to keep my calm.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by PVS

the choice is as simple as not reading the offending post, or continue to argue with them. are you asking for tips on anger management? i would seek far better advice than on a forum then...perhaps counseling? prozac? throw your computer out the window?

its a topic i wanted to see how other people dealt with it on killermovies.com or maybe hear other situations. Just because you get mad at some snot nose doesn't mean you need counseling.
you also don't have to participate if you don't like the post
thanx

Bardock42
Even in real life it is mostly stupid to get mad...but now seriously it is just a message board....anyone gettin angry over that has some serious issues.

moviejunkie23
i guess i have serios issues then when i get steamed when someone is being a jerk. Its called a human emotion. Getting mad is natural, especially when your discussing serios issues. If your telling me you don't get mad your a liar

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS

This is true

I find that playing video games can relieve lots of stress. Lets say I am mad at pvs; everytime I waste someone I can say "die pvs die!" laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
i guess i have serios issues then when i get steamed when someone is being a jerk. Its called a human emotion. Getting mad is natural, especially when your discussing serios issues. If your telling me you don't get mad your a liar

i guess some people just get 'steamed' when they can't make up facts and statistics and not be called on it. its frustration when people dont yell a resounding "you are SOOOOOOOO right" when you post.

i get irritated, but that irritation washes away the second i close that browser window...in fact there was only 1 occasion where i got genuinely pissed off, but the topic hit a specific soft spot for me, and since then i learned to not give a shit. i meet irritation with either 1-confronting or 2-ignoring.

moviejunkie23
you know allot of people express their anger passive aggressivley PVS wink

PVS
...while other members express it by trolling and harassing...to each their own

moviejunkie23
passive aggressivness is just as much a showing of anger.

hotsauce6548
Um... I don't get angry at text.

Or perhaps somebody expressing an idea...

And if you... well, take a smoke break! smile smokin'

lil bitchiness
The one who angers you, controls you.

Lana
I'm very easily irritated, and I've certainly gotten annoyed and laid into some people on here....but I don't think I've ever actually gotten MAD from something on here.

joeykangaroo

-AC
might just be me, but i disagree. wow it rhymed.....
anyway yeh i do get mad at peoples point of views,although i know they are entitled to them

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, but you're wrong.

Getting annoyed at text on a messageboard is silly.

-AC

PVS
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The one who angers you, controls you.

you forgot to put this smilie after that: evil face

silver_tears
It's not really the opinion that bothers me, what bothers me, not really angers me is when people refuse to admit they are wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Ya know, I don't think I've ever had an online argument. erm

Can any of the older members remember me getting in to one?

I got ticked off with old Gordon Skywalker a few times, but never had words, I don't think.

yerssot
must be the old age kicking in Mech, you're a quite feisty little one

Alpha Centauri
Good lord.

Gordon Skywalker, possibly the most fascinatingly lame name ever.

-AC

mechmoggy
He was a complete arse, to boot.

joeykangaroo
Yeah, but you're wrong.

Getting annoyed at text on a messageboard is silly.

-AC
i guess, but to me its the same as having an argument at school or where ever.

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by Lana
I'm very easily irritated, and I've certainly gotten annoyed and laid into some people on here....but I don't think I've ever actually gotten MAD from something on here.
lol i remember when we had the disscussion about punctuation, then i got annoyed laughing out loud

FeceMan
It's the fire in the belly that keeps me coming back here!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
i guess, but to me its the same as having an argument at school or where ever.

I rarely have arguements in person. People either know better or I just genuinely never argue with friends.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I've gotten pissed at my best friend over AIM before but I know him in person so..

Other than that, sometimes I get annoyed at the most and if I do I just log off and go do something else.

Afro Cheese
I rarely have arguements in person. People either know better or I just genuinely never argue with friends.

-AC Same here.. I almost never argue in person. Mostly cause nobody at my school cares about anything enough to argue.

naybean
i'm too opinionated to be able to not argue.

WindDancer
I really don't understand why would ppl are so sensitive when having a discussion. These are only opinions and nothing more. No harm done to hear other people's perspective in different issues.

I will admit being ticked off with some posts. But not because of difference of opinions. It annoys me when someone is having an interesting topic and then another member starts posting utterly stupid and pointless stuff. Or when they think they are smart and post a bunch of unfunny jokes and add tons of smilies. That really bothers me.

whobdamandog
I never get angry at any of the postees..I just like to debate. I'm sure I P.O. people from time to time..but in the end, I bear them no grudge. Some people get upset with my posts because they don't really expect me to reply in an intelligent way...and a lot of times I leave them with little to use against what I've said.

whobdamandog
Oh yeah..I also talk a lot of shiznit too..lol..

whobdamandog
Which is all backed up by facts of course..that usually makes people angry when they here facts and can't rebut them..lol...

BackFire
No, I never get mad during arguments on this board.

moviejunkie23
well i guess its my folly i got ticked off once. the guy was condescending and everything he insulted me with with was basically the same thing that he came across to be. we all realise their are stupid, rude, arrogant people out there correct?? well i happened to get annoyed by one and i let the annoyance grow into getting pissed.
No harm no foul though, when i see him on the posts i will make an effort to ignore his part of the conversation.

Jackie Malfoy
Ok we all get mad. Its a fact of life. Now posting here in killermovies.com we all know its no exception! For the most part the exchanges are positive but sometimes I see people getting on eachothers cases here on these posts and sometimes people, including me recently, get to the point of mad
Has there been a time someone has totaly ticked you off and you were at your last straw and you totaly digged into them?
Without naming any of the people in your situation what was the biggest occorance of this? How did you handle it? would you have handled it differently?

I do not get mad I just say to myself it is not worth geting mad at people I do not know.JM smile

PVS
No harm no foul though, when i see him on the posts i will make an effort to ignore his part of the conversation.

a wise plan wink

if only you would stick with it and stfu for once

moviejunkie23
its funny though as i say i am going to ignore him he says good plan and then shut the **** up. yea hes really good at letting go too i can see

whatever man haha

KharmaDog

-AC

You never argue with friends? Don't you ever sit around and discuss, debate or argue your points to friends? Friends are the best folks to argue with (about issues more so than personal feelings) because they respect opinions and boundaries more than strangers. I don't think I'd care to hang around people with no backbone or who would be afraid to disagree with me.

And why do people know better? Becauseyou feel that they fear your rapier wit or because you feel that you physically intimidate them?

Alpha Centauri
Do you purposefully seek to start arguments with me or something? You need to grow up man.

I debate with friends, I discuss with friends. I don't argue with my friends. By argue I meant verbally fight.

They know better than to start a debate, seriously, unless they can actually go toe-to-toe with me. Don't be so presumptuous as to come on here and damn near accusing me of trying to intimidate my own friends.

Grow up.

-AC

KharmaDog
Man, a little touchy aren't you. I did not try to start a fight and I did not infer that you intimdated your friends. Now who's trying to make up something that isn't there?

And no need to get huffy, "Getting annoyed at text on a messageboard is silly."

Alpha Centauri
I'm not getting annoyed, by any means.

Just find it confusing that you chose to raise those irrelevant and pointless issues.

It's quite the contradiction to use my quotes against me then go right back against them. Imagining things that aren't there, then accusing me of getting huffy and all that.

Just thought I'd lob that little seed out there smile.

Maybe it'll take root, who knows.

-AC

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Man, a little touchy aren't you. I did not try to start a fight and I did not infer that you intimdated your friends. Now who's trying to make up something that isn't there?

And no need to get huffy, "Getting annoyed at text on a messageboard is silly."

kharma the real humor here is that he is talking like this on a thread that says "getting ticked off on posts," and has ealier said in this post he never gets angry
lol

moviejunkie23
I'm not getting annoyed, by any means.

Just find it confusing that you chose to raise those irrelevant and pointless issues.

It's quite the contradiction to use my quotes against me then go right back against them. Imagining things that aren't there, then accusing me of getting huffy and all that.

Just thought I'd lob that little seed out there smile.

Maybe it'll take root, who knows.

-AC

then he tries to cover up his apparent anger and frusteration and then he continues to be condescending in the next breath about plantin a lil seed.
dude the humor the humor!!!!

Alpha Centauri
Then again MJ, we know about your secret ability to detect things through text.

I mean, wow, you already told me that I have complete drug addict brain damage, based on what I type. Advice? Bottle that talent and market it wink.

No, I'm not annoyed or angered at KharmaDog. He has a right to say what he wished, I respect that. Just don't see how it was at all relevent and found it a bit childish that he came back with a reply such as the one above.

Anyway, it's done.

-AC

KharmaDog
Just don't see how it was at all relevent and found it a bit childish that he came back with a reply such as the one above.

Anyway, it's done.

-AC

Not so much childish as mildly impish. I'm kooky like that. embarrasment

moviejunkie23
kooky, impish, brain damaged, we can all be a happy family big grin

KidRock
Never got mad on a message board, never will.

Morning_Glory
I ignore ppl...eventually.. after I get a warning from cinnemadiction.. meh!

WickedTexasMomA
Worst that ever happened to me was ,my older sister was mad at me because I refuse to watch her kids who have TB.She knew my user name on a website that are family uses for fun.She got on there bad mouthing me and saying she'll get my daughter taken away from me after I have her and how she'll run me down and kill me..blah blah blah,my water broke.LOL And later the next day I gave birth to My daughter earlier due to being stressed-out.

KharmaDog
blink

debbiejo
Mad, No...surprised sometimes....... messed

IceWithin
I have.. prolly two times... teh first time I was arguing about stupid thngs, I was just angry atm... I wish I wouldve handled it differently but whatever...
however the SECOND time.. grr!! I hate that member! and the figth was totally thanks to him

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock
Never got mad on a message board, never will.

a blatent lie wink

§P0oONY

No one says you have to post on KMC, if you don't like it... don't do it

.. and if you made this thread just to get at people... then you should probably take it to PMs... threads like this aren't really necessary....

Fionnuala
I am too sensitive so I end up just attacking people rather than being rational...bag embarrasment

FeceMan
One has to love the, "I'm FAR too mature to become hot under the collar during a debate. Especially over the Internet. Honestly, what immature buffoon would possibly become irate due to letters appearing on the screen?"

GCG
I was banned by *** for posting a dreadful pic of 'the boss' ;

must have ticked him off big time

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
a blatent lie wink

Dont feel dissapointed your attempts have failed. You are not the first to try and fall short. thumb up

Tptmanno1
I laid into Napalm once...
Thats about as close as I've ever gotten...

Trickster
I rip people, but I don't get pissed off as such. Annoyed, yes. Pissed off, not really. Although I may say I am pissed off it's really not the same thing.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Trickster
I rip people, but I don't get pissed off as such. Annoyed, yes. Pissed off, not really. Although I may say I am pissed off it's really not the same thing.

Originally posted by Trickster
Well, if you're not, you have good reason to be. I'm pissed off and I only posted once before now. I'm just pissed from reading!

Oh ok ....lets use the propper wording for people like trickster.......getting "annoyed" during posts roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I laid into Napalm once...
Thats about as close as I've ever gotten...

I have many many times stick out tongue

Oh ok ....lets use the propper wording for people like trickster.......getting "annoyed" during posts roll eyes (sarcastic)

Getting annoyed and getting pissed are two totally different things. Being annoyed generally means that you're just mildly irritated. Being pissed means being full-out mad about something.

moviejunkie23
he changed his wording because in a previos post he said he gets pissed off

Lana
So you pulled a post out of context to try and prove him wrong? And did you miss where he said "Although I may say I am pissed off it's really not the same thing."?

You don't know him, I do. You're getting nowhere here.

Bardock42
Moviejunkie...you are strange...why do you always attack people?

BadKitty
I'm seeing people getting annoyed all over the star wars section. it's seems if anyone don't share the opinion the ep 3 was the best movie ever then your going to get flamed...I wrote something I didn't like and was told I was trying to change others opinions of the movie..how people translate things on the board is a huge mystery to me.

Lana
Some people in the EpIII section are just....weird.....

Bardock42
ME eek!

smoker4

Me too smokin'

PVS

certainly not me! stick out tongue

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
dance

GCG
*scoffs at those people in the EP III section*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.