Eisenhower: My Kind of Republican

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
just thought i'd share this with you all.
i came across a letter posted on an eisenhower memorial website.
im not going to say much on it, since it speaks for itself:

http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/1147.cfm

here is the body of text which really hits the nail on the head...forshadowing what has become of the republican party.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it is true that I believe this country is following a dangerous trend when it permits too great a degree of centralization of governmental functions. I oppose this--in some instances the fight is a rather desperate one. But to attain any success it is quite clear that the Federal government cannot avoid or escape responsibilities which the mass of the people firmly believe should be undertaken by it. The political processes of our country are such that if a rule of reason is not applied in this effort, we will lose everything--even to a possible and drastic change in the Constitution. This is what I mean by my constant insistence upon "moderation" in government. Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
just some food for thought....for those who believe they are 'true' republicans for blindly following bush, and for those who believe that all republicans are just dumb rednecks and billionares.

moviejunkie23
dumb rednecks?
am i sensing some intolerance from people in the south?

Bardock42
PVS just shows that there is not one view in the Republican party but that there are many different.......so maybe some people should consider thinking aboot what the President does and not just follow him yes

And why is calling someone a redneck intolerance?

moviejunkie23
its a term as an insult towards a group of people

PVS
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
dumb rednecks?
am i sensing some intolerance from people in the south?

actually, that would be a reflection of your own prejudice. 'rednecks' exist everywhere in the US. plus i dont consider everyone who considers themselves to be a 'redneck' to be dumb. many of them are not blind followers of an ideal, but rather subject to a type of fashion and nothing more.
way to avoid the topic, take a quote out of context just to try to make me look bad. hope you're having fun erm

moviejunkie23
how would it sound if someone said those dumb blacks that vote democrat

PVS
how would it sound if you actually contributed to a topic with little or no trolling horeshit? pretty damn sweet i imagine. and no, fashion and ethnicity are not synonymous. again, nice try. you know what though??? this thread has a topic eek! did you notice that?

moviejunkie23
actually redneck to cowboy hat and black to chains and du rag could be synonomis. Some rednecks don't wear cowboy hats and some blacks don't wear chains and du rags.
You just basically blantantly ripped on an entire group of people.
what you said is not much differnt than a far right republican saying those dumb ni*gers that vote democrat
you also said many of them are not a blind followers of ideals but rather just people with a fashion statement.
well the far right republican could say not all ni*gers are followers of blind ideals but just wear their pants sagging

Curl_Up&Dye
I think PVS was referring to an opinion the country has of the republicans. I dont think he was calling anyone a redneck.

"and for those who believe that all republicans are just dumb rednecks and billionares."

im pretty sure that PVS was backing up people from the south, who people refer to as ignorant

PVS
you also said many of them are not a blind followers of ideals but rather just people with a fashion statement.
well the far right republican could say not all ni*gers are followers of blind ideals but just wear their pants sagging

there is prejudice in this thread, but i assure you its on you're side of the table.
i stated that not all 'rednecks' are blind followers of bush. followed by 'fashion statement' well FORGIVE ME! strike that and change it to 'way of life'. whatever though, keep being a disruptive nitpicking topic killing troll. you're the one that has to live with yourself erm

anyway, im interested in other people's views and not in your crying. so i will grant you the last word (trolling) and not repond in any way. go for it....

moviejunkie23
are you taking this offensive that i pointed out you made disparaging remarks about people that decided to vote for someone other thna you did and writing them off as dumb rednecks??? sounds like you have a serios problem when it comes to other people thinking differently than PVS.

moviejunkie23
you are the one who has to live with yourself???? you get after me for being hatefilled!!! think about that sentence, your the one who has to live with yourself. dude how can you play off your not insulting and mad??? your just more passive aggressive about it than i am. Your just a snotty pampered little girl is what it sounds like to me

Curl_Up&Dye
are you taking this offensive that i pointed out you made disparaging remarks about people that decided to vote for someone other thna you did and writing them off as dumb rednecks??? sounds like you have a serios problem when it comes to other people thinking differently than PVS.

PVS never said anything about rednecks. he was just stating that the opinion the country has about the south isnt even true

"just some food for thought....for those who believe they are 'true' republicans for blindly following bush, and for those who believe that all republicans are just dumb rednecks and billionares."

you took the quote completely out of context. he never called anyone a redneck

FeceMan
I did a report on Eisenhower. I liked him.

shaber
Would his views count as paleoconservative these days?

PVS
Originally posted by shaber
Would his views count as paleoconservative these days?

i believe so

Napalm
Originally posted by PVS
just thought i'd share this with you all.
i came across a letter posted on an eisenhower memorial website.
im not going to say much on it, since it speaks for itself:

http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/1147.cfm

here is the body of text which really hits the nail on the head...forshadowing what has become of the republican party.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it is true that I believe this country is following a dangerous trend when it permits too great a degree of centralization of governmental functions. I oppose this--in some instances the fight is a rather desperate one. But to attain any success it is quite clear that the Federal government cannot avoid or escape responsibilities which the mass of the people firmly believe should be undertaken by it. The political processes of our country are such that if a rule of reason is not applied in this effort, we will lose everything--even to a possible and drastic change in the Constitution. This is what I mean by my constant insistence upon "moderation" in government. Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
just some food for thought....for those who believe they are 'true' republicans for blindly following bush, and for those who believe that all republicans are just dumb rednecks and billionares.

I think you should go back to woodstock

PVS
advice taken, and i will do that immediately after you crawl back under the rock you came of from wink

IceWithin
I didnt even know what rednecks were until like... 2002 messed
anyways Ive always known that there are many republicans that dont blindly follow the president, and anyone who thought that republicans were ALL the same, need a reality check

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Napalm
I think you should go back to woodstock

Excellent rebuttal, no wait, it wasn't a rebuttal at all.

Instead of trying to make a smart ass comment, why not try to say something intelligent about the article posted?

KidRock
I think eisenhower is smug.

FeceMan
Originally posted by KidRock
I think he did a fine job as Supreme Allied Commander in Europe.

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock

WAS smug roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS

Damn, I wanted to get to that before you did!

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS

He IS smug.. even though hes dead.. he is smug to me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
i love watching you desperately grabbing for a life raft when there is none laughing out loud

moviejunkie23
all PVS does is sound condescending and goad people into getting pissed off. Who would take this post seriosley anyway, especially coming from him
its best just to ignore the dope i have come to the conclusion

PVS
all PVS does is sound condescending and goad people into getting pissed off. Who would take this post seriosley anyway, especially coming from him
its best just to ignore the dope i have come to the conclusion

No harm no foul though, when i see him on the posts i will make an effort to ignore his part of the conversation.

a wise plan wink

if only you would stick with it and stfu for once

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
i love watching you desperately grabbing for a life raft when there is none laughing out loud

If only that made sense right? laughing

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by PVS
a wise plan wink

if only you would stick with it and stfu for once

how many posts are you going to tell me to shut the **** up??? nice copy and paste job. are you so proud of that you wanted to share it with both posts? If you think its such a wise plan i ignore you then why are you trying to instigate me

have a nice life man

PVS
just wanted to point out your hypocrisy.
you first typed that you ignore me, but yet you persist in posting about me.
its "PVS this" and "PVS that" and "PVS PVS PVS"
i havent been on this forum for a few days, come back an your still pecking
with petty insults. YOU need to get over it and ignore me, like you preach but dont practice. wink

moviejunkie23
oh wow i said i would ignore you and then afterwards i responded to you telling me to shut the **** up.
you really got me good PVS
who was i ever to try to speak against you
lol

KharmaDog
It's fun to watch PVS pull peoples strings sometimes. What's even funnier is when he's doing it and the people he's doing it to are aware of it but can't help themselves.

PVS
it's even more funny from my perspective.
i've been bogged down with work for the past few days
and havent had a chance to go through the threads. i come back
days later and this guy is still singing my name over and over laughing out loud

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by KharmaDog
It's fun to watch PVS pull peoples strings sometimes. What's even funnier is when he's doing it and the people he's doing it to are aware of it but can't help themselves.

LOL

yea he keeps talking about how he hasn't had time to do this and he goes back to work and comes back and i am still on him or something. I took a break too, to study and take a final on my online class. I come back a few days later and he has some more posts telling me to shut the **** up and everything and then when i respond he says how i have continued to blam him while he has better things to do
dude i am starting to see the humor in this.

PVS
isnt it stupid when people type "LOL" or "ROFL" etc, when everyone knows damn well that they view their monitor through a wall on tears? laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
isnt it stupid when people type "LOL" or "ROFL" etc, when everyone knows damn well that they view their monitor through a wall on tears? laughing out loud

I don't know why, but when I read that I actually laughed out loud! I guess I can picture a few of the members of this board losing their cool in front of their monitor while trying to maintain their "web persona" on this forum.

PVS
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I don't know why, but when I read that I actually laughed out loud!

and how ironic that you DIDN'T type 'lol' stick out tongue

and 'rofl' is an obvious lie since if they WERE rolling on the floor laughing they couldnt very well type, could they?

moviejunkie23
yea PVS imagines critisizes people using a 'LOL' after using a blue laughing face
I laughed out loud for my own reasons on his post as well wink

PVS
i assure you, when i type a laugh smilie, i am indeed laughing.

....though sometimes i'll admit its exagerated and that i only let out a semi-amused "huh". but dont tell anyone.

KharmaDog
HYPOCRITE LOL laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

moviejunkie23
actually i am too busy wishing PVS would change his signature to something else besides yoda. One of the best characters in movie history and I have to look at him in the same box as PVS.

laughing out loud

(there i used a blue face instead of 'LOL' i wonder if PVS can take a jab at that??)

KharmaDog
Why encourage his wrath? You just baited him for no reason. If you are trying to get into a flame war with PVS, you'll lose. We all have gifts, and I respect his. yes

moviejunkie23
yes pvs is the master at talking ****
we all have our skills

PVS
yawn

see? another example of an honest, accurate, appropriate smilie.

moviejunkie23
you remind me of my grandma

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS

and 'rofl' is an obvious lie since if they WERE rolling on the floor laughing they couldnt very well type, could they?

Laptops junior.

Bardock42
HEy wait a minute when you use laughing out loud you don't have to laugh.....the smiley does that for you yes lol

Did I just type lol.....ohgodohgodohgodohgod........
Anyways I like Eisenhower, one of my favorite US presidents, at least because of his great name lol.

moviejunkie23
yea watch out for PVS man he is the master of talking ****
if you use 'LOL' your leaving yourself open for his devistating attack

Bardock42
Actually lol is pretty stupid What the f**k?

PVS
notice how i managed to derail my own thread...

Trickster
MJ, dude, I'm sure everyone is getting tired of you and your immediate hijack of anything PVS does.

Really, I am. He makes valid points, and when I read through his posts, I have to go through all the piles of shit that you attempt to be witty with. So, at least until I've actually been able to understand other people's intelligent arguements against him, could you just to stop talking. Or at least you could make posts that are relevant after you've completely read through his posts?

No offence, of course.

Anyway, thanks for another interesting topic, PVS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.