What is the most violent, bloodiest and action-packed anime anyone has ever seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



FistOfThe North
What is the most violent, bloodiest and action-packed anime anyone has ever seen. In the past and/or present.

FistOfThe North
Fistofthe North Star: the movie and Ninja Scroll: the movie would be up there on my list.

Big_Daddy2
There's a 13 episode series out called ELFEN LIED. That's a pretty vicious and gory anime. I'm typically not into the ultra violent stuff, but it was sorta cool nonetheless.

WindDancer
Wicked City thumb up

Mandos
Cinderella.

FistOfThe North
I also hear that Ninja Ressurection, Berserk, Gantz and Hellsing are pretty gory too.

FistOfThe North
Crying Freeman and Akira could be up there too.

FistOfThe North
Oh and that anime scene in Kill Bill vol.1 was nice and bloody.

FistOfThe North
Or Elfin Leid was sick too.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Gantz is by far the most volient.

WindDancer
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I also hear that Ninja Ressurection, Berserk, Gantz and Hellsing are pretty gory too.

Ninja Ressurection is indeed bloody but unfortunally it utterly sucks. The storyline makes absolutely no sense. Don't waste your time with it. Berserk is awesome! If you like fantasy anime with lots of gore is worth it!

ZomBiE_HunTER
Samurai Champloo is definately one.

Morpheus
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Samurai Champloo is definately one.
raver hey, where can i find that? raver

ZomBiE_HunTER
It somes on Adult Swim or just got to FYE.

Beelzebuu
Akira, just that one guts scene is kinda sick. Y'all know the one I mean right. Or the anime X. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think it was a little gory.

WindDancer
Spriggan is also pretty violent and bloody anime movie.

shadow12
X is pretty gory but then again thats y i like it

soundtrack
gantz
hellsing
akria
x
ninja scroll
rurouni kenshin (kinda, but i forget which one...i think it was 'movie x')

leonheartmm
excluding action packed, id have to say ICHI THE KILLER, its very violent n disturbing.

Crazy88No.1
Berserk is gory

last_samurai_44
I'm going to cause an quite upset: Full Metal Alchemist when Maes Hughes was killed or Samurai Champloo.

i rule
probaly those animetrix eps. and i heard ghost in the shell is pretty gory.

RikuSSJ4
That's a hard one...hmm... i'd have to say X: the movie, Ninja Scroll, and Akira.

faradayslaw
Gantz or Elfen Lied

FullMetalLover1
There's Blue Gender, Samurai Champloo, and FMA.

recca100
samuri X, dragon ball Z, flame of recca

evil_made_flesh
these are my favorite gory animes:
devilman ovas 1-3
devil lady (aka devilman lady)
violence jack 1-3
fist of the north star movie
ninja scroll
urotsukidoji
the guyver parts 1-12
kite ova
crying freeman 1-6
vampire hunter D
akira

whitedragon
Evangelion!!! well when it gets going

FistOfThe North
The OverFiend.

WindDancer
Originally posted by evil_made_flesh
these are my favorite gory animes:
devilman ovas 1-3
devil lady (aka devilman lady)
violence jack 1-3
fist of the north star movie
ninja scroll
urotsukidoji
the guyver parts 1-12
kite ova
crying freeman 1-6
vampire hunter D
akira

Thats a good list! The Guyver is one of my most favorite. smile

shadow12
the guyver rocks rock

moises
Pokemon and Hellsing........

TrAnCeDuO
samurai x since kenshin cuts a ninja in half(its utterly amazing)

Nakago
Berserk
Hellsing
Akira
Samurai X
Blood: The Last Vampire
Can anyone tell me if Vampire Hunter D is bloody? Its been too long since I've seen it.
Perfect Blue

I can't think of any other right now...Unless you want Manga too.

CyberNick
Berserk, ELFEN LIED.

Trickster
Pokemon.
Digimon.

silvertsume
peace maker kurogane
akira
(some) angel sanctuary
ninja scroll ... are all prettty good

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Trickster
Pokemon.
Digimon.

laughing

brolly23
Gantz

radioboy121
Perfect Blue, Beserk and especially Barefoot Gen in the 1st half (hard to stomach). I can also put Evangelion up there somewhere and a number of works of Umetsu like Kite.

peejayd
* Kite, and Mezzo Forte... Director's Cut or not, it's damn violent...

The Guyver
Ha! I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who loves me some bio-booster armor. Yea The Guyver was really bloody. 1 out of every 3rd zoanoid totally got screwed over by his vibroblades and bleed huge needless amounts of alien ichor. Crazy Awesome Indeed!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by The Guyver
Ha! I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who loves me some bio-booster armor. Yea The Guyver was really bloody. 1 out of every 3rd zoanoid totally got screwed over by his vibroblades and bleed huge needless amounts of alien ichor. Crazy Awesome Indeed!

Was the Guyver a TV show or a Movie. I've heard of it but never saw it. I'd like to see it now since it was mentioned on here as gory anime. Is it a good story too?

crazy_shadow
elfen lied. especially the first episode, freaking arms, heads, and guts flying everywhere droolio it's amazing

trademark
Fist of the North Star,elfen lied,and GANTZ

King Kandy
Fist of the North Star: The Movie.

trademark
GANTZ BEATS THAT

calvs
Originally posted by trademark
GANTZ BEATS THAT
You said FOTNS was one of the bloodiest too : |

trademark
yeah it is but Gantz got more blood more guts and its weird

Damo Iz God
I have most of the anime mentioned and think that most of it isn't even gorey at all...
Elfen Lied is good.
Urotsukidoji is good.
Ninja Scroll is good but the series is much better and more violent.
But you've all missed Apocalypse Zero.

The two episode long Kakugo no Susume OAV series from 1996, based on the manga by Takayuki Yamaguchi, is the most viscerally violent and gruesome anime I've ever seen, and it's arguably the most grotesque anime ever made. Since first seeing it years ago, it's always reminded me of an apocalyptic and brutal parallel to Peter Jackson's comedy of profanity Meet the Feebles, right down to the depiction of a character being eaten, partially melted by digestive acids, then regurgitated while still alive, albeit alive for a short time. Kakugo no Susume revels in brutality and degradation, from energizing its powered armor suits with the blood of martyrs to the mutated sexuality of its monsters that takes the crude, animalistic aspect of sex to the extreme of sex as violence. The depiction of dismemberments and exposed intestines is a mere starting point for the atrocities illustrated in this anime. Kakugo no Susume takes its extremes to such degrees that it defies qualitative assessment. The anime has irrefutably ugly character designs; its grimy, dirty atmosphere is uncomfortable even for viewers; and the two episode series has very little character or story development. But the intense gore and shocking violence in the show is so extreme that it alone is justification enough for the show, at least to viewers interested in seeing over-the-top splatter. Basically, Kakugo no Susume isn't a story filled with gore; it's gore contained by a thin story that only exists to provide some context for the violence. The Kakugo no Susume OAV series is available in America under the name "Apocalypse Zero."

Chex
Beserk is up there, especially the manga.

Kadesh
i would say the most bloody is the OVA of samurai x, yuck, so much gore and violence, And the bloodiest yet is when shishio splits a guy head to know

Impediment
Fist of the North Star and Ninja Scroll are the only two that come to mind.

Kadesh
Dude you a fan of the alien trilogy? W00t, after a year finally i find someone who is maybe a fan of hr giger and the alien trilogy

Remulous
Fist of the North Stars gore is in a league all its own.

Napkin Thief
Originally posted by Remulous
Fist of the North Stars gore is in a league all its own.

Until you've seen Genocyber...lol big grin

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Was the Guyver a TV show or a Movie. I've heard of it but never saw it. I'd like to see it now since it was mentioned on here as gory anime. Is it a good story too?

there's one or two live action movies as well as one or two animes. the story's pretty decent for an action concept

Kenshinswife
Originally posted by soundtrack
gantz
hellsing
akria
x
ninja scroll
rurouni kenshin (kinda, but i forget which one...i think it was 'movie x')




so very true a good percentage of animes are bloody it just that before it hits television in america its all filtered and watered down producing the crap we watch today in which we call "anime" and samurai x is a very bloody movie, but its one of those bloody type movies that way too much blood spurts out from an ity bity scratch (i love it though)

Damo Iz God
You missed my thread... All of these are telletubbies remakes in comparison to APOCALYPSE ZERO and AIL MANIAX.

Vim
Originally posted by Damo Iz God
I have most of the anime mentioned and think that most of it isn't even gorey at all...
Elfen Lied is good.
Urotsukidoji is good.
Ninja Scroll is good but the series is much better and more violent.
But you've all missed Apocalypse Zero.

The two episode long Kakugo no Susume OAV series from 1996, based on the manga by Takayuki Yamaguchi, is the most viscerally violent and gruesome anime I've ever seen, and it's arguably the most grotesque anime ever made. Since first seeing it years ago, it's always reminded me of an apocalyptic and brutal parallel to Peter Jackson's comedy of profanity Meet the Feebles, right down to the depiction of a character being eaten, partially melted by digestive acids, then regurgitated while still alive, albeit alive for a short time. Kakugo no Susume revels in brutality and degradation, from energizing its powered armor suits with the blood of martyrs to the mutated sexuality of its monsters that takes the crude, animalistic aspect of sex to the extreme of sex as violence. The depiction of dismemberments and exposed intestines is a mere starting point for the atrocities illustrated in this anime. Kakugo no Susume takes its extremes to such degrees that it defies qualitative assessment. The anime has irrefutably ugly character designs; its grimy, dirty atmosphere is uncomfortable even for viewers; and the two episode series has very little character or story development. But the intense gore and shocking violence in the show is so extreme that it alone is justification enough for the show, at least to viewers interested in seeing over-the-top splatter. Basically, Kakugo no Susume isn't a story filled with gore; it's gore contained by a thin story that only exists to provide some context for the violence. The Kakugo no Susume OAV series is available in America under the name "Apocalypse Zero."

In terms of glorifying gore and blood and showing it as much vivid detail as Apocalypse Zero did, well as vivid as you get with the art style, but for sheer amounts of Blood, I would have to go with X from 1999... Have you guys seen that? Its almost like the blood took on a life of its own for crying out loud, old Vampire Hunter D was incredibly bloody for its time as well. Of course the best use of blood would have to go to Ninja Scroll first movie when Gamarra's (sp?) huge double bladed sword thing hits all the ninjas and their bodies fall, then the blood rains on to them, that was the best!!

Damo Iz God
I didn't think Ninja Scroll was taht bad... I think the series was worse. And I haven't seen X but I wouldn't have thought it would be as bad as Gantz. Or Ail Manix.

Three episode Ail Maniax: Inma Seifukugari & Majogari no Yoru ni adult anime series from 2001. Once before I've heard the adjective "gore-nography," a sort of English equivalent of the Japanese phrase "ero guro" (itself a modification of the English words "erotic grotesque"wink. That term perfectly describes this depraved and shocking exploration of erotic horror. Besides featuring the theme of sexual molestation and torture, the Ail Maniax series contains several memorable scenes of unbelievable extremes. In several extended sequences in this series, the sexual activity of penetration is exponentially increased by literal vampires and succubi that penetrate the flesh of helpless young women. A policewoman is invaded by a vampire that literally strokes her from the inside by submerging his arms beneath her skin. And a Shinto priestess is literally impaled repeatedly by having multiple large spikes driven into and through her body while she's being raped. Even for someone used to seeing graphic violence and gore in films, the expressions of pain, shock and horror from the victims, and the sheer outrageousness of these graphic depictions of violence make the Ail Maniax series particularly difficult to take.

crazy_shadow
elfen lied = bloodiest anime ever

michaelrichards
In my opinion of what you guys mentioned (that I've seen) these are the most bloody anime that are also well done:

Ninja Scroll is a classic
Elfen Lied - very detailed gore and very good story
Movie X (kenshin) - very well done
Kite - uncut - awesomeee
Mezzo Forte - great


----

Berzerk is too old school for me
Gantz and Wicked City are just crappy. The english version of Wicked City is terribly done.
Akira is pretty tame to be called gory

michaelrichards
Originally posted by Remulous
Fist of the North Stars gore is in a league all its own.

It's in the league called the obsolete .

jbrickzin
Berserk

Nicca
Vampire hunter d
elfel lied

Drahzeem
for t.v i would have to say the new one Trinity Blood for movie probably all of them almost all anime movies are pretty bloody

trademark
Gantz and Fist of the north star

Souichiro Nagi
Defineatly Elfen Lied!

M.T. STYLE
voltes Five

Impediment
Ninja Scroll and Berserk.


I want to see Elfen Lied. Is it really that gory? How is the story?

Kirikaze Fuuma
hokuto no ken OVA and movie

Sanctuary
Bloodiest I have even seen probably Elfen Lied. yes

Mr Marvel
Definitely Fist of the North Star!!! evil face

Kento
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
Definitely Fist of the North Star!!! evil face Eh the anime is quite tame if you compare it to the movie and the manga.

Micheal_Myers
Hellsing Ultimate OVA is pretty gory as well as Samurai X.

agphoenix
I want to see Elfen Lied. Is it really that gory? How is the story?

Yes, it's gory. But PERSONALLY I don't think it deserves quite the attention it's getting.

BUT, WATCH THE FIRST 7 TO 8 MINUTES. Well worth it.

Story starts off extremely engaging. Goes downhill and eventually just feels a little 'stretched-out.' That's my review!

Csdabest
I have to say Elfen Lied

DestinyGuy678
afro samurai

Sanctuary
Originally posted by Impediment
Ninja Scroll and Berserk.


I want to see Elfen Lied. Is it really that gory? How is the story?
It's good. The first episode is just ridiculously bloody, and very strange. It has a good story IMO.

Originally posted by agphoenix
Yes, it's gory. But PERSONALLY I don't think it deserves quite the attention it's getting.

BUT, WATCH THE FIRST 7 TO 8 MINUTES. Well worth it.

Story starts off extremely engaging. Goes downhill and eventually just feels a little 'stretched-out.' That's my review!
You thought it was stretched out? blink They shortened the story in the anime. o.o

Shroons
well, one of my favorite bloody animes is afro samurai, elfen lied was really bloody too!

ebbysg
I vaguely recall a scene from a movie I'd seen as a child years ago. It was animated though directed towards a mature audience.

The scene I recall includes a battle segment in a war and small soldiers(maybe even hobbits or something) are hiding in their trenches preparing for the enemy when a movie projector or something plays a film onto the smoke in the air and they are memorized by it just before the enemy charges in for the slaughter.


Movie was obviously very graphically violent and used a dark color scheme if I remember right.

This is all very hazy of a memory but does anyone have any ideas as to what it is?

occultdestroyer
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
2. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

I don't think anything could top those 2

Kazenji
Ninja Resurrection is another one

pounce29
afro samurai so far 4 me...

Kirikaze Fuuma
hokuto no ken

Stoic
M.D. Geist
Devil Man
Dead Space

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stoic

Dead Space

erm I don't think thats considered anime.

Stoic
Originally posted by Kazenji
erm I don't think thats considered anime.

Ok take out Dead Space which is certainly Anime, and replace it with Violent Jack.

Csdabest
Elfen Lied

joelherro76
ive seen sooo many animes trying to find something more extreme than OVERFIEND or DEMON WOMB...it has been a while since i saw both of them, but IMO they are the most hardcore ones around...
AIL MANIAX is pretty heavy and twisted but lacks the sheer ferocity of those previous titles
BONDAGE GAME is totally sick but not as bloody still
VIOLENCE JACK is up there, but not as hardcore
NINJA SCROLL, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, WICKED CITY, GANTZ AND ELFEN LIED are all good shows and pretty violent, but nothing like OVERFIEND
BLOOD SHADOW is violent and cool, but not extreme
SHITAI WO ARAU is twisted and weird but not as bloody as overfiend
RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES is gross and sick but not as bloody
i havent seen APOCALYPSE ZERO or DOKURO-CHAN that people have mentioned here, but ive been trying to see crazy stuff and cant really find anything more crazy than OVERFIEND OR DEMON WOMB

Bro SMASH
Fist of the North Star and Baoh.

psycho gundam
violence jack

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
What is the most violent, bloodiest and action-packed anime anyone has ever seen. In the past and/or present. wIXqS0JNNr4

rauseytmambetev
SCHOOL DAYS)))) You should watch last episode

Hyperion Prime
Fist of the NorthStar

Mr Marvel
BERSERK!!!!

aanthonyfranks
Most of the bloodiest anime I've ever seen was one of the best films this year, Kill Bill. Even if the entire movie was in Gorey, this anime was one of the best I've ever seen. Can not wait until the second volume comes out.

FinalAnswer
From what I've seen, the Hellsing OVA

Impediment
I just saw the opening 8 minutes of Elfen Lied on YouTube and it was severely disappointing. I expected so much more from what I was told.

UpkI1eg8j6U

Shigurui is awesomely drawn and it has buckets of blood and gore.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
I just saw the opening 8 minutes of Elfen Lied on YouTube and it was severely disappointing. I expected so much more from what I was told.

UpkI1eg8j6U

Shigurui is awesomely drawn and it has buckets of blood and gore.

I dunno, it's hard to top death by eye socket impalement, dismemberment, pummeling into a hamburger meat pile, disemboweling, beheading with neck blood squirting, and slicey dicey McMeatChunk surprise.


In fact, it really can't get any worse than that. Maybe some torture before the death?

Impediment
To me, it was no different than Kill Bill vol. 1; bloody as hell, but with no extreme violence and gore. All I saw was clean dismemberments and a girl get used as a human shield, but with no gore.

Then again, I watched it on YouTube and it could very well have been a censored version.

I guess it's just me. I'm a hard core gore hound.

Shigurui is on my list of most violent and gory, along with Ninja Scroll.

I need to see Berserk. I hear that it's nice and violent.

lilshogun
Alucard killing vampires.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.