The Used

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sai12
I recently became aware of this group when I haerd the song "All that I've Got". I just bought the cd and absolutely love it. I was wondering if their previous cds were just as good. The one I just purchased was titled "In Love and Death". I'm really curious as to how they have changed over the years as well. If anyone knows them, could you tell me your opinions on this band?

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I can't say that I'm a fan.. actually I HATE THE USED!! DAH!

Df02
for once i agree with you - don't get used to it tho (pardon the pun)

tabby999
i dont particularly like them, but in Aus they released the tickets to their one and only show. there were 2000. they sold out in 7 minutes. thats 2 tickets a second. then they moved their concert into a 5000 capacity venue. the next 3000 tickets sold in 10 minutes. that was with no promotion through radio, on tv or through major street teams. i dont like them, but i do respect that

bordom
I don't mind em... erm but I do like that song smile

cad
dude i think that the used are great "All that I've Got" is a good song and beried my self a live they are cool.

RedAlertv2
They are pretty good. I saw them live and thier singer was particularly awesome

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ugh! I can't stand them, I used to like them until everyone started loving them and all they sing about is suicide

Df02
Originally posted by ~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ugh! I can't stand them, I used to like them until everyone started loving them and all they sing about is suicide

ok i almost respected your opinion at the beginning of the thread, why go and spoil it by saying something stupid like this?

StinkFist462
cant stand them at all. bert is one ugly mother****er

sai12
You know what's funny? I never even look into what the people who are in the band look like. I mean, why bother? I'm just in it for the music not the people behind the music.

Though, I'm sad to see that there are not that many people that like them round here. *sniffle* Oh well....so has anyone listened to any of their previous cds? Some of you said they sounded better before...so did they really? Which cd would be a good one to buy?

And why does it matter how many people like a band? *shakes head* Does that change their music to you? And the way they look? What's up with that?

StinkFist462
usually bands sound better at the beggining of there career .. just look for the first cd they made

and no looks dont mean a god damn thing to me . i just think the used suck and i think bert is ugly as hell

Df02
parents only name ugly kids bert

StinkFist462
Llaughing

barbarossa
Blaaach, I hate The Used with a fiery passion unmatched by the heat of a million suns.

Alpha Centauri
Bert McCracken hahaha.

No wonder the man has a "bad" life.

-AC

sai12
*sniffle*

I like the band at least....

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya Bert McCracken is a horrible horrible name

SnakeEyes
I like this band...

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
thats nice...

RedAlertv2

No one cares about your opinion. After all, you are obsessed with simple plan, which pretty much goes to show that you have terrible taste in music

StinkFist462
laughing out loud horrible

sai12
sad

Afro Cheese
ugh! I can't stand them, I used to like them until everyone started loving them and all they sing about is suicide Wasn't that like a month ago?

Tassie
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
No one cares about your opinion. After all, you are obsessed with simple plan, which pretty much goes to show that you have terrible taste in music

Must we make personal attacks? To each his own erm

Anyways, I recently heard some songs by The Used and I like them. From what I've heard, they're an Ok band.

RedAlertv2
I only speak the truth.

BTW I like the Used too.

sai12
Yay! There is some love around here!

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bert McCracken hahaha.

No wonder the man has a "bad" life.

-AC

Dont know if you know this, but the members of the Used had bad lives before their careers took off. They were suffering from substance abuse and homeless. So, at one point in time, they actually did have bad lives, and im sure they draw a lot of inspiration for their music from this, which explains some of their downcast, depressing songs.

ScarFace Clone
i like them i was pissed i went to see them live and Bert did not puke! lol i was surprised....... sick

StinkFist462
why the helll would you pay to go see a crappy band puking ?

sai12
Each to his own I guess smile

I'd pay to go see The Used in concert! You bet I would!! *bounces* Tell em to come to the midwest!!

Bertismybitch
ok pplz! bert for one is the hottest ****in guy in the world! and...the used rox! they dont just sing songs about suicide i mean aparnently u didnt listen to them very well! and they rock! and its not cuz of his name he had a bad life either! i mean his gf died while she was caring his baby i mean that sux pretty bad! ok so retardes stop talkin shit about ppl until u learn sum stuff i mean if they sing songs about suicide it is cuz he has a rite to! the song "its hard to say" he rote about her so the ppl that are willing to give them a try sould listen to it cuz it rox!! well anywayz i got that out!

cad
Originally posted by Bertismybitch
ok pplz! bert for one is the hottest ****in guy in the world! and...the used rox! they dont just sing songs about suicide i mean aparnently u didnt listen to them very well! and they rock! and its not cuz of his name he had a bad life either! i mean his gf died while she was caring his baby i mean that sux pretty bad! ok so retardes stop talkin shit about ppl until u learn sum stuff i mean if they sing songs about suicide it is cuz he has a rite to! the song "its hard to say" he rote about her so the ppl that are willing to give them a try sould listen to it cuz it rox!! well anywayz i got that out! that is right.

<3GerBert<3
The Used do NOT suc there very good actually and F.Y.I along with Gerard way mikey way frank Iero Ray toro...and The rest of the used Bert McCracken is an extremly sexc man wink and u people dont no hot guys wen u see em stick out tongue

<3GerBert<3
yah bertismybitch is a smart person:laughs:

<3GerBert<3
bahahahahahahah

Df02
he looks like he skinny-dipped in a mcdonalds grease-trap!
he also bears a striking similarity with Andrew WK

RedAlertv2
I have no problem with the Used. But they seem to be attracting a few too many obsessive fangirls.

khalla
their first self titled album is much better than their "In love and death" album.

sai12
Would that be the one with songs like "Box Full of Sharp Objects"? Damn...I totally can't think of any more...no expression

khalla
ya and taste of ink, maybe memories, poetic tragedy, buried myself alive, on my own, noises and kisses...all those.

DaRk Lotus
They suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.