Is it possible....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
.....to be happy and content if you're not society's definition of beautiful?

I mean if you think about it everything is based on looks erm
Like even online, people don't message you in those chat things unless you're attractive What the f**k?

Alpha Centauri
Idiots base everything on looks.

Sadly, looks help in society. Thankfully, those are areas of society I'll never ever be a part of.

-AC

silver_tears
It really bothers me miffed

Like I have those accounts, and the stupidest people message me *le sigh* erm

a1hsauce
being happy with yourself is the only beauty a person really needs

JLred
yeah i guess so..

Rosen Amernans
The people that count are the ones who see what's great about YOU not how you look. If beauty's one of your strong points then hey, that's fine, but if its not then you can still have other great things about you.
Beauty's just another characteristic. Not everyone's shallow.
Be proud of yourselfsmile

Clovie
i'm so sorry irene, but you can't do anything about the fact that they all find you atractive

silver_tears
See the sad thing is, and I'm not being concieted or anything, but I think I'm alright looking, but then I pick up like a cosmo and feel like 500 pounds fat miffed

Jedi_KnightAlly
I've always thought... that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And online all you really see is the typing... so online, your seeing someone's personality.... and the personality is the most attractive thing i think.... because A woman could be so beautiful you couldn't believe it... but if she had a rotten personality.... then her looks mean nothing...

silver_tears
Originally posted by Clovie
i'm so sorry irene, but you can't do anything about the fact that they all find you atractive

see clovie you might think it's all that to be gorgeous, and I'm not saying I am, but that's all people see, and you get the sleaziest most vile people trying to get your attention....

it's not very pleasant to be propositioned for sex when you're out shopping with your mom roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
ouch thats really happened to you before Irene... that sucks

Alpha Centauri
Wait...

You do realise that nearly all of the photos you see in those magazines have been photoshopped and edited to hell, right?

Jesus. I'm not proud of my looks, but I get ALOT of female attention, strong female attention. It always puzzles me, then I think "Wait...maybe it's because of who I am." Because Irene, if everything came down to looks, I wouldn't get the attention I do. That's a FACT.

Don't read Cosmo and feel fat, because half those girls are A) Nowhere near as attractive as you and B) I dare say nowhere near as healthy.

On that note, don't read Cosmo. Just don't read it. It's shit. De-moralising, self-esteem destroying garbage.

-AC

Clovie
Originally posted by silver_tears
see clovie you might think it's all that to be gorgeous, and I'm not saying I am, but that's all people see, and you get the sleaziest most vile people trying to get your attention....

it's not very pleasant to be propositioned for sex when you're out shopping with your mom roll eyes (sarcastic) i have no idea if it is pleasent or not..(but i have a feeling i wouldn't like it) coz it never happened/will happen to me erm

but you have a point there.

cindy8219
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
I've always thought... that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And online all you really see is the typing... so online, your seeing someone's personality.... and the personality is the most attractive thing i think.... because A woman could be so beautiful you couldn't believe it... but if she had a rotten personality.... then her looks mean nothing...

yes, a personality should stand out the most. It's definitely the most important. someone can be as gorgeous as you want but if they are concided no one will want to be around them.

Phoenix Aska

it's not very pleasant to be propositioned for sex when you're out shopping with your mom roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol

just try and ignore those people...

they're just out to try and get sex cuz they're pathetic people

JLred
personality isnt worth a penny in real life...

silver_tears
Originally posted by a1hsauce
ouch thats really happened to you before Irene... that sucks

I was so disgusted, I gave the freak the worst glare laughing out loud

aanathan
not all of us are pathetic i for one stick up for women and defend them....aka Clovie

silver_tears
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Wait...

You do realise that nearly all of the photos you see in those magazines have been photoshopped and edited to hell, right?

Jesus. I'm not proud of my looks, but I get ALOT of female attention, strong female attention. It always puzzles me, then I think "Wait...maybe it's because of who I am." Because Irene, if everything came down to looks, I wouldn't get the attention I do. That's a FACT.

Don't read Cosmo and feel fat, because half those girls are A) Nowhere near as attractive as you and B) I dare say nowhere near as healthy.

On that note, don't read Cosmo. Just don't read it. It's shit. De-moralising, self-esteem destroying garbage.

-AC

I completely agree, but the sad thing is don't you ever get like jealous pangs and such when you see like Paul Walker or whoever on screen all buff and like perfect?

I mean I know it's all editted and stuff, but when you have like 90 percent of men drooling over it, it's hard to ignore right? laughing out loud

cindy8219
Originally posted by JLred
personality isnt worth a penny in real life...

I seriously think it does. I've meet any nice cute guys and guys who are cute and are complelety annoying. Having a nice personality givies them more appeal.

Jedi_KnightAlly

Btw, how did he even say that???

Yeah, if someone has nothing nice about their personality... then no matter how good looking they are... They'll probably never find someone who truly cares for them.

I have to agree, I'm not very good looking, but having a little bit of confidence and charm can take you to be able to start talking to women, and even end up dating them, just because you've got a little bit of confidence to be nice to them and treat them well.

JLred
i feel gay men hang out with women........only a straight person could hang out with his own gender..if a man hung out with a women for weeks on end then he is gay and cant get a decent friend....and this has nothing to do with the conversation.........and this is related to school........and blah....

a1hsauce
you or ur mom should have slapped the hell out of him with a bag or somethin

cindy8219
Btw, how did he even say that???

Yeah, if someone has nothing nice about their personality... then no matter how good looking they are... They'll probably never find someone who truly cares for them.

they will. someone who will stroke their ego.

Mandos

Like even online, people don't message you in those chat things unless you're attractive What the f**k?

I'm sorry I never had that problem laughing .

No but seriously, looks matter only if you want to go in a relationship with someone (and I no mean friend relationship stick out tongue )

For the rest, why not talk to people who are not as beautiful as others?

Besides, what is beautiful? This is a good example to define the relativity. cool

silver_tears
I'm like sitting near the fountain drinking a smoothie, my mom is in the nearest store, this guy walks up to me, I think he was at least like 25, and he's like I like your shirt, and he's like staring at my boobs, and then he's like so.....how bout we go back to my place and have fun? eek

So I get up right, and I'm like eye level to him right, so I'm like I'll pass, but if you're that interested, I'm sure there's a street corner with your name on it and I glared at him and walked over to my mom embarrasment

Jedi_KnightAlly
i feel gay men hang out with women........only a straight person could hang out with his own gender..if a man hung out with a women for weeks on end then he is gay and cant get a decent friend....and this has nothing to do with the conversation.........and this is related to school........and blah....

Oh right.... lol, someone's not good friends with many girls then is he?

a1hsauce
wow... what an a$$hole... you did well though Irene.. I applaud your comeback. thumb up smart

JLred
Oh right.... lol, someone's not good friends with many girls then is he?

What???

That made no sense!!

Jedi_KnightAlly
Silver_tears, Well at least you didn't get into any problems with him.

Cindy, Yeah i suppose that they will. It irritates the hell out of me, people who are that shallow that they won't go for non-good looking people.

silver_tears
I'm sorry but it makes my blood boil when girls encourage that kind of attention, like how desperate and insecure are you confused

Jedi_KnightAlly
What???

That made no sense!!

lol, You went on a tirade about guys that are friends with girls being gay... so basically i'm guessing you don't have many girl friends...

a1hsauce
very insecure..but theres a deeper problem than what we just notice though

Mandos
I'm sorry but it makes my blood boil when girls encourage that kind of attention, like how desperate and insecure are you confused

hehehehehe

silver_tears
But like does it raise their self esteem or something, honestly laughing out loud
It makes me feel about a penny cheap roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
i guess it helps them feel appreciated, wanted. I mean general population loves attention.

JLred
lol, You went on a tirade about guys that are friends with girls being gay... so basically i'm guessing you don't have many girl friends...

of course i have friends that are girls but I dont hang out with thewm every single second....

JLred

of course i have friends that are girls but I dont hang out with thewm every single second....

Jedi_KnightAlly
Btw, did anyone else have problems understanding this post...

"
Oh right.... lol, someone's not good friends with many girls then is he?"

Just so i know if british humour stands up here...

Alpha Centauri
I completely agree, but the sad thing is don't you ever get like jealous pangs and such when you see like Paul Walker or whoever on screen all buff and like perfect?

I mean I know it's all editted and stuff, but when you have like 90 percent of men drooling over it, it's hard to ignore right? laughing out loud

A) No. I'm not jealous of anyone that stars in those kind of movies, I pity them. Girls who like him, like those kind of guys and movies and are therefore the kind of girl I don't want the attention of.

B) Well you can't say you're jealous coz men drool over it, then complain when a man openly expresses lust for you.

-AC

silver_tears
Originally posted by a1hsauce
i guess it helps them feel appreciated, wanted. I mean general population loves attention.

I feel more wanted when guys are like coy and subtle about it embarrasment

JLred
Btw, did anyone else have problems understanding this post...

"
Oh right.... lol, someone's not good friends with many girls then is he?"

Just so i know if british humour stands up here...

I didnt understand it....

a1hsauce
A) No. I'm not jealous of anyone that stars in those kind of movies, I pity them. Girls who like him, like those kind of guys and movies and are therefore the kind of girl I don't want the attention of.

B) Well you can't say you're jealous coz men drool over it, then complain when a man openly expresses lust for you.

-AC
I kind of agree with you there AC.. .you take any famous actor, strip him of his fan base and make him an average Joe working at Pep Boys, I guarantee you he wont get as much attention as he does being in the entertainment business... Its the fact that theyre rich and famous that attracts people. not their dashing good looks

Jedi_KnightAlly
Guess it doesn't then... oh well...

cindy8219

It does, at least I think so. no expression

JLred
it sounded weird and wasnt specified....

a1hsauce
I feel more wanted when guys are like coy and subtle about it embarrasment
well my dear you are classified as a minority. but its good for us guys to know there are girls out there that dont want a guy to be too forceful. I"m telling you it gets tiring trying to a get girls attention.

silver_tears

-AC

Well then you're that much better off, good for you AC thumb up

And this is difficult to explain, humour me, I'm not jealous of the attention, because guys drooling in the open is a no no stick out tongue, I'm more jealous of like what inspires it you know. confused
I don't even make sense to myself embarrasment

silver_tears

I understood it right away stick out tongue

JLred
ohhh....well then im stupid.......

Well great conversation...i g2g

Jedi_KnightAlly
Cheers Cindy & silver tears!

silver_tears
then again I love you british people and interact with alot so it's not hard for me to understand big grin

Da Moose

I think if you can be happy with yourself, and don't allow yourself to be quantified byt societies norms, then you can be very happy.

Jedi_KnightAlly
lol, British people rock, well, no, some of us do.... lol smile

TWelling4Ever

I agree, everything that is called "beautiful" is just pretty much programmed into your head because you're seeing all of these people in glamouros pictures, shows, magazines, movies....etc. Who knows what's really beautiful???

Alpha Centauri
Well then you're that much better off, good for you AC thumb up

And this is difficult to explain, humour me, I'm not jealous of the attention, because guys drooling in the open is a no no stick out tongue, I'm more jealous of like what inspires it you know. confused
I don't even make sense to myself embarrasment

Off topic: Hayden is in London tonight for the ROTS premiere. I'll go and hold up a sign for you wink.

On topic: I THINK I know what you're getting out and I'm not gonna blurt it out incase A) I'm wrong or B) You find it embarassing for some odd reason.

However, you have no reason to be jealous. Seriously. Those girls in magazines are, to be blunt, stroking material for a lot of guys. No guy actually wants some relationship with them, that I know of anyway. If I see a girl in a mag and I think she's hot, that's all it is. It's not me preferring her to an average girl.

-AC

TWelling4Ever
Off topic: Hayden is in London tonight for the ROTS premiere. I'll go and hold up a sign for you wink.

On topic: I THINK I know what you're getting out and I'm not gonna blurt it out incase A) I'm wrong or B) You find it embarassing for some odd reason.

However, you have no reason to be jealous. Seriously. Those girls in magazines are, to be blunt, stroking material for a lot of guys. No guy actually wants some relationship with them, that I know of anyway. If I see a girl in a mag and I think she's hot, that's all it is. It's not me preferring her to an average girl.

-AC
Well said. I agree.

silver_tears

-AC

Would it be too much to ask for some pictures too? I'd then declare you my complete hero love

I just can't ask for more than an average guy, I think people are so fascinating because of their imperfections. Because that's what makes us different. I mean sure I like to look at actors, *cough Hayden cough* embarrasment but it's more like their on screen personas I like, you don't really know them. They could be horrible people.

TWelling4Ever
confused

Dreamer2222

evryone has at least one talent that makes them beautiful....

Lana
I think it's possible. I mean, I know I'm nowhere near society's definition of beauty, as Syren told me I'm unusual-looking (she meant it as a compliment stick out tongue). Yet I still think that I look pretty, and apparently other people think so as well, since I get a lot of compliments and people (male and female) telling me that I'm beautiful, I'm hot, I'm sexy....yeah, there are times when I wish that I were a little thinner or something, but for the most part I'm happy with how I look.

I also tend to think that guys who also aren't what society generally thinks of what is good-looking are the hottest, they stand out more to me yes Like, for instance, Hayden's a cutie, but if it were between him or Brandon Boyd, Brandon would win, hands down.

Alpha Centauri
Would it be too much to ask for some pictures too? I'd then declare you my complete hero love

I just can't ask for more than an average guy, I think people are so fascinating because of their imperfections. Because that's what makes us different. I mean sure I like to look at actors, *cough Hayden cough* embarrasment but it's more like their on screen personas I like, you don't really know them. They could be horrible people.

That's why it annoys me when people say "Stop objectifying Angelina Jolie, she could be a great person." Yeah, she could be. If I knew her I'm sure that it would matter to me more than what she looks like, but I don't. So it doesn't.

It's when you allow those preferences to influence your preferences realistically.

-AC

lil bitchiness

Irene, you have nothing to worry about personaly. You are very beautiul and smart.

But yes, it does bother me too, but I believe you can be content i you're not societies deinition of beautiful and you can acheive this by being friends with people who do not expect you to be or look any other way than you do.

Mandos
Everyone is beautiful. You're beautiful lil bitchiness smile

dark1365
It's possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.