As of now,what is your favirote X title?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
I did a search but no matches came up.

I personaly like astonishing xmen the best.
I think claremounts run on uncanny is cool but is pretty stale.

Mainstream
ultimate Xmen.

pr1983
astonishing has the best writing imo...

x-men has the best art though...

uncanny has psylocke... big grin

stormfront13
my fav by far is uncanny(due to storm)

but astonishing is a close second due to emma frost

mr.smiley
It was cool to see her come back but the return of colosuss,made psylocke's return seem silly.It just seemed less meaningful or something

pr1983
Originally posted by mr.smiley
It was cool to see her come back but the return of colosuss,made psylocke's return seem silly.It just seemed less meaningful or something

colossus' return rocked... beat the shit out of ord... he's been great since his return...

Mainstream
true...and we gotta see Fast ball special comrade da!

mr.smiley
that is the greatest move ever!

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
true...and we gotta see Fast ball special comrade da!

we gotta or got to? cos there was one... huh

Mainstream
yeah Gambit and Nightcrawler should make a move..NIghtcrawler could teleport himself and Gambit and Gambit could throw cards all over the joint...that'd rock...I like the ultimate Xmen because what's old is now new. big grin

mr.smiley
how many times has the fastball special been done?

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
we gotta or got to? cos there was one... huh

got to my bad embarrasment

pr1983
Originally posted by mr.smiley
how many times has the fastball special been done?

plenty, but it was done in astonishing xmen twice... it looked sweet...

munkiesarus
Ultimate X-Men rocks because of the twist on everything.

Like Bobby's attitude and playfullness not fits his age, no longer the the 25 year old class clown.

Ultimate Dazzler, OH MY GOD, fricken amazing.

And of course Astonishing for my beloved Emma Frost!

Mainstream
Angel!

munkiesarus
Lol yeah. NEW SIG! Boooo yah!

Mainstream
yeah I like it too you made it?

munkiesarus
Yup ^____^

Though I don't think I've EVER seen so many tutorials in my life...my eyes...

Mainstream
I gotta learn how to make my own someday too.

munkiesarus
Lol. What program do you use?

Mainstream
who have to have a program to make a sig?

munkiesarus
Well, I mean people use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or even MS Paint sometimes to put the images together and have fancy text effects and stuff like that. I could make a sig for you if you'd like. PM me if you want, let's not have this thread go off topic, eh?

Mainstream
laughing okay.

LISA-J
My favourite is x-men,cause gambit and rogue are in it.Ultimate x-men is good,but I want rogue to return.

Mainstream
and Gambit and I wanna see Ultimate Apocalypse and Ultimate Cable

LISA-J
Your right gambit has to return with her.

Mainstream
yeah...do you like Rogue in the ultimate universe..she don't have miss marvel powers...I think Rogue should be able to touch someone keep their powers and have complete controll...for like several hours that would be cool...but she can only steal up to 8 powers if she steals more she'll lose some of the ones she stole at first.

LISA-J
I like rogue any way they portray her,she just a great character,she doesn't need miss marvel powers to be a formidable foe.Yeah it would be cool if she could control and use the powers for longer.

Mainstream
I saw her do it in Evo..she had everyone powers Xavier, Magneto, Gambit, Wolverine, Jean, Shadow Cat, you nam'em she had their powers.

LISA-J
And it was cool,she also had something like that for a short time in extreme x-men.She was a one woman army,I quess that's why they don't do it permantly,cause with her around you wouldn't need the rest of the team beyond her first absorbing their powers.

Mainstream
Rogue is an army of one Sugah!
she fought some sentinels by herself..beat up 30 in no time the rest were looking as nervous as a banana in a room full of hungry monkeys

thundercracker
x23
uncanny
astonishing

i can never choose i like x23 cause shes in it same 4 uncannystick out tongue
and astonishing is just cool storys

Draco69
Astonishing X-Men is by far the best and usually the only X-title I bother to buy.

Uncanny is not my style. Due to Claramont more specifically. His stories are inconsistant, repetitive and lulled by bad dialogue.

X-Men is the worst of the bunch. Due to Austen and the current writer. It has ALOT of potential with the characters but fails to emphazise on it. The art is it's only saving grace. Plotlines are forgotten (Wait a minute what happened to the nurse? What happened to Xorn's brother? What happened to the romance between the Gurthie and the Cuckoo? What happened to Juggernaut? Did he get a funeral? What happened to Nocturne? Wasn't Kurt the least bit sad? Why is Exodus so weak nowasdays? Why did Sabretooth join the Brotherhood? How is Iceman coping with his new powers? Why is he suddenly attracted to Polaris again? Why is Polaris insane? Why is Polaris suddenly Magneto's daughter when years of comics says she isn't? What happened to Rogue's strength? Why didn't she ask Sage to give it back to her? What happened to the child of the nurse? Why is he possessed? What happened to Squid-Boy? Did he get a funeral? What happened to Northstar's crush on Iceman? Sooooooooooooooooooo many questions. ZERO answers. Bad book all around. So much potential gone to waste. They seriously need a better writer.

hoorayforpeepee
astonishing has the best art, the best writing (by far), and though i would like some characters like gambit, storm, etc. on the astonishing team, the smaller group sets up REALLLLLLY good character interaction in the hands of joss whedon.

mr.smiley
I realy wish Joss Whendon was directing x3!

pr1983
over the last few months i've read issues of: x-men, astonishing x-men, uncanny, district x, mutant academy (whatever the hell its called), and phoenix endsong...

writing wise astonishing wipes the floor with the rest of them...

art wise... astonishing is good for the most part, but i hate their cyclops, and sometimes they make colossus look like hes in his 40s...

new mutants/academy/x-babies (the name escapes me) has some really good art, plus a cameo from the hulk recently (though he's a hologram).

DarkCrawler
Ultimate and Astonishing.

munkiesarus
Wait a second...Astonishing has the best art? I HATE HATE HATE Cassaday's art sooooooo much. And if he designed the costumes the Astonishing X-Men wear...x.x he should be hung. Alive. Though that's how most people are hung stick out tongue

Anyway, I HATE CASSADAY'S ART! Unless its changed since I last picked up Astonishing (It was the first arc in a Volume), it was HIDEOUS! Beast? Yuck yuck yuck. Mr. Tiggles from "Cats vs Dogs" could have been dyed blue for the comics. Emma looks like not Emma, with a cheap $4 face and not a $4 + 47 zeros face. Everyone just plain looks moronic. ;_;

And " laughing out loud " to 'Why is Polaris insane?'

stormfront13
i like uncanny's art the best. i also like uncanny's team the best

storm-leader
bishop
x-23
wolverine
psylock
nightcrawler
rachel grey
and i heard somewhere that cannonball was supposed to return to that team

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
i like uncanny's art the best. i also like uncanny's team the best

storm-leader
bishop
x-23
wolverine
psylock
nightcrawler
rachel grey
and i heard somewhere that cannonball was supposed to return to that team

they could do with him...

faradayslaw
Ultimate and Astonishing X-Men. But since they brought back Psylocke, I'm reading Uncanny again.

Fionnuala
I quite like the New Age Uncanny X-Men..as well as Astonishing and Ultimate..

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Wait a second...Astonishing has the best art? I HATE HATE HATE Cassaday's art sooooooo much. And if he designed the costumes the Astonishing X-Men wear...x.x he should be hung. Alive. Though that's how most people are hung stick out tongue

Anyway, I HATE CASSADAY'S ART! Unless its changed since I last picked up Astonishing (It was the first arc in a Volume), it was HIDEOUS! Beast? Yuck yuck yuck. Mr. Tiggles from "Cats vs Dogs" could have been dyed blue for the comics. Emma looks like not Emma, with a cheap face and not a + 47 zeros face. Everyone just plain looks moronic. ;_;

And " laughing out loud " to 'Why is Polaris insane?'

cassaday is ok, not crap, not great either... and yes, if he designed the costumes retribution is in order...

munkiesarus
Speaking of costumes, Polaris' costume needs to be BURNED BURNED BURNED BURNED AND NEVER DESIGNED AGAIN!

It's HIDEOUS WITH A CAPITAL H!

Mana4X2
I'm quite fond of New X-Men: Academy X. Well, that was until they changed the artist again and again.

After that it would have to be Uncanny...

bunny
Mana

MysterioxX619Xx
I only started collecting X-Men comics starting wit Astonishing X-Men and I really enjoy Whedon/Cassidy team. Whedon has the best storyline and even tho he doesn't have a few members that I prefer, he is able to justify each character. Also I think the art work that Cassidy does is pretty good IMO, I mean I really like it and as for the suits, they are great kinda like the original X-Men suits if anything. I think Whedon/Cassidy did a great job with Astonishing and is going to be the talked about X-Men comic because it is different from all the rest.

mr.smiley
I agree.All x writers could learn a thing or two from whendon.One thing I love about the story and the art,is that they present it to you on a large scale,but it's realy not that large.The book is very tight and keeps great focus on just a select few xmen.Those two are just excellent

munkiesarus
love Whedon truly IS amazing...though Cassaday can get hit by a truck, imo.

Mana4X2
yes TOTALLY!

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus
love Whedon truly IS amazing...though Cassaday can get hit by a truck, imo.

laughing

munkiesarus
Lol it's TRUE!

I can't see how you guys think his ART is OKAY!

Emma Frost looks HIDEOUS! HIDEOUS! JUST LIKE POLARIS' COSTUME!

Ruaghahrhaehagrhah it makes me mad...

Though his "scenery" drawing is nice.

Hey, nothing majorly important, but anyone got the pics of the X-Men being beaten by the danger room? If that's too many pics, maybe just a picture of the DR as a woman?

I'm considering a sig. If the X-Men being beaten looks nice by Cassaday, I'll make the sig ^___^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.