Remake the NOES series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Do you think they should remake the Nightmare on Elm Street movies? If they did the special effects could be much better and so could the plots, they could change all the stupid deaths and make them disgusting and make sure Freddy doesn't become a comedian and make him just a down-right cold-blooded killer!?

Punker69
HECK NO what are you on crack there infe and classics!

Evil Dead
I see no need to remake any of the NOES films. The first two are great horror movies. They could not be made any better. The others aren't really worth remaking. That would be like taking a 20 year old turd and trying to pretty it up.........it's still a turd.

That said.........I have no doubt that the original NOES will be remade one day. If this next Freddy vs Jason movie is the last big screen appearance of Freddy Krueger, New Line will probably remake NOES around 2012-2015. They'll wait a couple of years untill the image of Robert Englund portraying Freddy isn't as fresh in our minds. They'll remake the movie with another actor and update the story (which means ruin it) to fit with the modern lives of teenagers.

tabby999
yeah, when they cant think of anything new they rehash crap

TheDreamMaster
I think that idea would totally suck , i dont care how old those movies get, because only robert englund can play freddy krueger .... he is the only actor to play him , and will remian the only actor to play him.. it shall be a sad day when he passes away... cause that would then be the end of N.O.E.S

Evil Dead
Like any 16 year old kids ten years from now will even know who Robert Englund is...............It will be like it is today with TCM and Dawn of the Dead remakes. You'll have a bunch of little kids running to the theaters.....watching the movie.....not even knowing it's a remake. Oh, you mean there was an old Nightmare on Elm St. movie?

Lord_Andres
What are you talking about TheDreamMaster? Sly could probobly poll it off too laughing out loud just joking, I love those movies, got that DVD boxset. and I don't think that they should remake'em.

Linkalicious
i bet that is the case in very few instances.

I'm willing to bet most of the people who watch the remakes actually watch them because they have seen the original, or in the case of the little kids, they watch the movie, then find out it was a remake and that will then give them a reason to go out and see the original. I think it's a great way for studios to make money, but they ruin the film when they do that.

ragesRemorse
there is no plausible reason to remake the freddy movies. I mean the first 2 were good horror movies. the rest are just bad horror movies that are accepted and loved because there just fun to sit around and watch with friends. If they were remade they would be even worse than they are. I mean the sparatic momments in the series when there are actually kind of eerie would not make it through on a remake. besides 99% of movie remakes let alone horror remakes are utter garbage, why make 7 movies of utter recycled garbage?

SlipknoT
Remaking NOES is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard

Freddy_vs_Jason
Robert is only in his early 60's, he still has a while left, and I hated the second NOES, I didnt get the ending when he was at the party, how did he manage to get into the real world? and he dissappeared there, he cant to that in the real world and also Jesses g/f goes to the boiler room in the real world and somehow Freddy ends up there, it didn't like it. I can see why you guys don't want them remade, I see your points. big grin

Gabri_Krueger
no it should stay the same cas originals are better and yeah i hated # 2 too. WAIT! number 4 could be redone i say get the original cast and instead of tuesday knight BRING BACK PATRICIA ARQUETTE!

Gabri_Krueger
big grin lol

BackFire
No more remakes. Remakes = Bad

slayer
Why ruin a great franchise?
and by the way Robert Englund is 55

Gabri_Krueger
ah...id rather no remakes too but still i retaliate. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

slayer
As BF said b4 remake=bad.

Evil Dead
actually Freddy vs Jason........

Robert Englund is only 54 years old.....he will turn 55 in June.

While making Freddy vs Jason, he said it would be the last time he would play Freddy Krueger....he was too old for it. Since then he has stated that he is willing to play Freddy Krueger one or two more times......that's it. He won't be playing Freddy Krueger into his 60s.

Gabri_Krueger
oh... but hes the ONLY guy who can. if they make one with a different guy ill rebel that too.

Gabri_Krueger
big grin

slayer
They'll probably just stop the franchise when Rob lleaves. That is if they don't wanna ruin the whole series........ but the company wouldn't giva a shit because people would still see it anyway.

Gabri_Krueger
i wouldn't. Robert gives freddy his whole character and look and that evilness just shoots of that guy like a light with a mirror!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.