Most touching moment/episode of The Simpsons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Mine, if pressed, would have to be the episode where Homer is reunited with his mother. It's not the funniest episode, but it's a perfect example of what made The Simpsons such a beautiful show while in its prime, it was profoundly touching, all the while still being hilarious. This episode in particular.

The final scene when Homer says goodbye to her is both heartbreaking and heartwarming, all the while still having a good gag. Then as the credits roll, after his mother drives away, we see Homer sitting on the hood of his car looking up at the stars. One of the most touching moments in the shows history, just such a feeling of humanity in that episode.

Honorable mentions -

When Bart and Lisa join opposing hockey teams and become vengeful and bitter towards eachother, only to realize how much they truley love and cherish eachother. When they have the flashback to their memories of eachother, it's hard not to get a little choked up.

In the episode about Maggie being born, at the end we see Homers office and it says "Do it for her".

jaden101
the episode when burns is searching for his teddy bear

pr1983
where maggie says daddy at the end... one of my favourites...

travesty87
The one where Homer buys Lisa a new saxophone because the old one got smashed.
I almost cried at the end of that one.

SlipknoT
The One were Ralph and Lisa start going out.

Tandrade
the one when maggie shoots the bad guys with a shot gun!!!!!!!!!

Reckoning
What the hell? You chose the episode when the Simpsons sharkjumped. Good stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.