What if, Cap and Batman Exchange Enemys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Batman shows up to New York to Deal with Cap's Enemys. And Cap rides into Gotham City to deal with the Bat Villians. How has the easyer time. What do u thing would happen. Who is going to give Cap and Batman the most trouble.

DigiMark007
I think both would do ok. Cap has a slight advantage in sheer physical prowess, but Bats makes up for it with brains.

Batman ends up solving a lot of crimes in Gotham, and generally isn't always "beating up the bad guys." Bat's problems, and villians, always seem to require a bit more mental work than Cap's villians. Cap might have the harder time transitioning, but I think he'd be ok. Cap also does better with groups (i.e. Avengers, when he's either taking or giving orders) so the lonliness of Gotham might be a bit much for him.

-DM

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think both would do ok. Cap has a slight advantage in sheer physical prowess, but Bats makes up for it with brains.

Batman ends up solving a lot of crimes in Gotham, and generally isn't always "beating up the bad guys." Bat's problems, and villians, always seem to require a bit more mental work than Cap's villians. Cap might have the harder time transitioning, but I think he'd be ok. Cap also does better with groups (i.e. Avengers, when he's either taking or giving orders) so the lonliness of Gotham might be a bit much for him.

-DM

Agreed. But, Cap was once a loner.

Malo
Man do i feel sorry for The Batman villians, once Cap gets his boots on.

Hey lets say that Cap can stay over with Alfred and use any thing in the Batcave. And Batman can stay with S.H.E.I.L.D. and use what ever he needs.

DigiMark007
Batman with SHIELD backing him is a scary thought.

But the thread just has them exchaning enemies...we can't assume that Cap would have access to the Batcave. Still, the boots would put a hurtin' on them.

-DM

Malo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Batman with SHIELD backing him is a scary thought.

But the thread just has them exchaning enemies...we can't assume that Cap would have access to the Batcave. Still, the boots would put a hurtin' on them.

-DM

I made the thread , so i can assume that Batman let Cap use the Cave and that Cap asked Nick Fury to let Batman use the Lab.

pr1983
Originally posted by Malo
I made the thread , so i can assume that Batman let Cap use the Cave and that Cap asked Nick Fury to let Batman use the Lab.

ok ok calm down...

bats with shield... runs new york period...

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
ok ok calm down...

bats with shield... runs new york period...

this is a very very scary thought...but in a good way. I say Batman's gonna have an easier transition period. Also, what's gotham gonna use cause they can't use the Batsignal anymore, and seeing a holographic shield made of red white and blue and with a star in it on the sky might give people the wrong impression big grin

~wickerman~

Rand McCorrmic
To be honest I love both Cap and Bats. However, I think Batman by himself with no shield backing would be in a world of hurt. Cap's foes are by far stronger and don't play games trying to prove they are smarter than him. Don't forget that Cap is a super solder, and Batman is not. Batman is a better detective, and would be better at tracking Cap's foes a lot easier. Of course there is one other thing, I have never seen any of Batman's weapons hit nearly anything it's aimed at and return to him. For that matter, nothing Batman has is as close to indestructible as Captain America's shield.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Rand McCorrmic
To be honest I love both Cap and Bats. However, I think Batman by himself with no shield backing would be in a world of hurt. Cap's foes are by far stronger and don't play games trying to prove they are smarter than him. Don't forget that Cap is a super solder, and Batman is not. Batman is a better detective, and would be better at tracking Cap's foes a lot easier. Of course there is one other thing, I have never seen any of Batman's weapons hit nearly anything it's aimed at and return to him. For that matter, nothing Batman has is as close to indestructible as Captain America's shield.

The idea mon ami is that he has S.H.I.E.L.D. backing him up with anything he needs. Otherwise, i'd say pretty much the same as you.

~wickerman~

Rand McCorrmic
It is now, I was refering to the start of the thread, but I agree with you that even with sheild backing, Cap would still be on top. On a side note I rather doubt Cap would even use the bat cave for anything than a place to sleep. Cap works with the Avenger's anyway, but that's beside the point.

Rand McCorrmic
I did think of two other things to add.
1. Batman is probably my favorite in DC or Marvel. Has been since I was 10 years old buying my first Comic Book, that I got to chose.
2. Cap's not a slouch in the detective field either.

MERCILOUS
I disagree with Bats having a hard time, with or without shield backing (as long as he could have something equivalent to the batcave which of course would be the first thing he'd set up.) I think for the first time, many Cap enemies would know fear.

Wickerman
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I think for the first time, many Cap enemies would know fear.

And a decently cool themesong thumb up

~wickerman~

Rand McCorrmic
I really can't imagine the Red Skull being frightened at all, and that would probably be the case with most of Caps other foes. Sorry Mercilos, I just can't see it.

Besides, none of the super criminals in Gotham fear Bats anyway. Only the normal criminals, which is what Batman was going for anyway. Cap on the other hand, he probably wouldn't frighten many either. I don't see Cap taking to long to kick all of Batman's enemies collective asses. Not even Bane, I meen really, Cap has fought way stronger bad guys and won

MERCILOUS
You're thinking in different terms than I am (or so I assume.) Bats uses different tactics. He's tyranical with his villians, all of them at one time or another have feared him, even Ras at least respects him. Have you ever read "Run Riddler Run."

cherry cola
with villians like the joker who play mindgames to annoy batman I thnk Cap may have the harder time adjusting just think about this Cap shows up to a toy factory goes inside and is met by a huge jack-in-the box then bang a joker face pops up and does nothing then all of of sudden various gas bombs go off. then he finally meets this mad man who will fight him with anything from a exlpoding rubber chicken to a sack of marble that explode or have acid in them.He will also have to deal with that sick laugh. Cap will win but I betting he won't want to see Joker anytime soon.

Gryn Jabar
Exactly. Cap would kill the sucka's.

Wanderer259
Agreed, but I think it'd be funny to see Cap beat the crap out of some Bat-enemies. Batman, to me, has more finesse about things than Cap. But I don't agree that Cap would have all that hard a time; take your Joker reference, for example:

Cap's shield can protect him from anything and has shielded him from things far worse than explosions and acid; I'm sure he wouldn't bat an eye. The Joker might be able to hold his own in a hand-to-hand fight, but Cap is just far superior, not to mention the fact that he probably wouldn't anticipate nor be able to handle the rebound effect on the shield.

Of course, that's assuming Cap knows who the Joker is. I'm sure Bruce and Steve would trade notes beforehand.

If we want to talk Ultimate Cap, then I think it gets even easier.

Wickerman
Yes, but if they don't exchange notes, Cap might be taken by surprise by the seemingly innocent looking Joker. I mean, Superman (albeit a bit more stupid) got surprised by him and would've been joker toast if it weren't for batman......if he gets one shot, that's all the Joker really wants.

But yeah, basically i don't think Cap would have much trouble.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
What about Clayface?

MERCILOUS
An excellent example of why you need brains to fight bat-villians.

Malo
Cap is not dumb guys, he has fought some of the smartest villians around. And that set traps for him as well. Even Batman has been traped by his own villians.

MERCILOUS
No one said he was dumb, just not as smart as Bats.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What about Clayface?

Electrocution FTW thumb up

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Uh...what will that do? He is living mud.

Wickerman
Uh...what will that do? He is living mud.

electrocution + clay = rock wink Bats actually used this once and turned him into a big ol' piece of rock...couldn't move or anything

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Oh, okay.

But could Cap figure it out?

I mean, he was not probably very bright student...he probably never went into college...

Wickerman
Oh, okay.

But could Cap figure it out?

I mean, he was not probably very bright student...he probably never went into college...

No, but he's had plenty of fighting experience even if he's not the brightest kid. And if i recall correctly Bats didn't realize the effect either. He just wanted to slow the guy down and (can't remember) either threw two cables at him or dodged his blows and made him land a punch in some sort of outlet or something.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.