Final Fantasy VII - PS3 Technical Demo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Just posted on Gamespot, this little diddy is a complete remake of the Final Fantasy VII introduction movie from the PS1. Rendered completely in realtime, on the Playstation 3, this video is exactly that, only with severely updated graphics, and higher quality sound. Is this going to mean that a full-blown remake is on its way? Or is this setting us up for depression (those of us who want a remake)?

It's available here, I think it's downloadabe if you have Gamespot basic, which is just sign up free type thing, exactly what you did for KMC. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you can get it anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/preview_6124979.html

From Gamespot:
Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo E3 2005 Impressions

One of the more impressive aspects of the Sony press conference was the appearance of a so-called Final Fantasy VII "Technical Demo for PS3," a recreation of the original CGI intro for Final Fantasy VII rerendered in real-time for the PS3 hardware. The power of the PS3 is immediately apparent, as the low-poly CGI of the original game is replaced with some impressively modelled characters; Aeris actually looks recognizably human now. After pulling back to reveal Midgar in all its plume-of-smoke glory, the sequence cuts back to the train from which Cloud first appeared in FFVII. Instead of being up of about 100 polygons with big blocks for hands, though, Cloud here appears to be almost as realistically rendered as he is in the FFVII: Advent Children all-CGI movie.

At the outset, the tech demo features a profile of Aeris, doing her flower-selling thing on the streets of Midgar. As the camera pulls back, we see the actual cars on the streets, faithfully modelled and bouncing realistically, until finally it pulls all the way out to a panorama of Midgar itself, complete with iconic green smoke issuing forth from the chimneys of Shinra's power generation facilities. Soon enough, flashes of the train from the opening sequence of the game appear, and Cloud appears, big-ass sword in tow. The sequence ends with a - we admit it - absolutely gorgeous close-up of Cloud, with sword in tow.

The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting for a while now that Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for sure at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

By Matthew Rorie, GameSpot POSTED: 05/16/05 07:07 PM

TrAnCeDuO
looks amazing! i doubt they would set us up since the next generation consoles are coming out and we need a new standard on gaming. besides it wouldnt be nice to piss off the fanbase.

i hope they make one for FFVI as well.

JToTheP
I have no comment considering I hated FF7, I just saw it in the E3 list of games, it'll probably be a remake.

AdventChild
Originally posted by JToTheP
I have no comment considering I hated FF7, I just saw it in the E3 list of games, it'll probably be a remake.

you know you have the worst taste in games... you're just plain out annoying....any way it looks awsome... They're going to make tons of money.

SaTsuJiN
Im uncertain whether it will be a remake.. but if it is.. sign me up! thumb up eek!

ff7 was the best tech demo IMO.. followed by gran turis and maybe tekken

JToTheP
Originally posted by AdventChild
you know you have the worst taste in games... you're just plain out annoying....any way it looks awsome... They're going to make tons of money.

Who the f*** are you talking too? YOUR telling me my taste in games sucks, and your the one who since you've been posting in the E3 threads, hasn't said jack s*** about the NEW consoles and are talking about the NEXT NEXT consoles like a complete jackass.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most overrated games ever, try playing a REAL video game, instead of RPGs all the time.

TX!
i personally liked ff7 and the tech demos for PS3 were pretty cool especially KILLZONE 2

AdventChild
Originally posted by JToTheP
Who the f*** are you talking too? YOUR telling me my taste in games sucks, and your the one who since you've been posting in the E3 threads, hasn't said jack s*** about the NEW consoles and are talking about the NEXT NEXT consoles like a complete jackass.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most overrated games ever, try playing a REAL video game, instead of RPGs all the time.

I don't play RPG's all the time actually... I'm talking to you to answer your question. I don't need to say anything about new consoles being that most everything has already been said.. And i don't remember insulting you but anyway just because my beliefs don't agree with yours doesn't mean you need to insult me calling me a jackass. if i offened you i apologize i just simply think in my opinion that FF7 was a really good game and I do play other games other than RPG!!! like MGS, Armored Core series, star wars games, Tekken, Marvel V.S Capcom, Marvel V.S SNK, and alot of other fighting games.... If anything i play fighting games more than anyhting else... but yea i'm done now have a nice day.. cool

pr1983
back to the topic at hand stick out tongue

if the graphics are really that good i cant wait to see what they can accomplish with games like pro evolution soccer, mgs and resident evil...

and a remake would be welcome, though it would need bits and pieces added to it to make it worth buying...

SaTsuJiN
imagine how long the games will take to come out... .. sick

TrAnCeDuO
well as i said we need a new sandard of gaming.

AdventChild
they said that they don't plan to relaese the remake if there is one.... looks soo good tho...

Draco69
I don't know WHY they won't make a remake. Fans have been clamoring for it for years. It's instant profit.

mr.smiley
two words

KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by JKozzy
Just posted on Gamespot, this little diddy is a complete remake of the Final Fantasy VII introduction movie from the PS1. Rendered completely in realtime, on the Playstation 3, this video is exactly that, only with severely updated graphics, and higher quality sound. Is this going to mean that a full-blown remake is on its way? Or is this setting us up for depression (those of us who want a remake)?

It's available here, I think it's downloadabe if you have Gamespot basic, which is just sign up free type thing, exactly what you did for KMC. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you can get it anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/preview_6124979.html

From Gamespot:
Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo E3 2005 Impressions

One of the more impressive aspects of the Sony press conference was the appearance of a so-called Final Fantasy VII "Technical Demo for PS3," a recreation of the original CGI intro for Final Fantasy VII rerendered in real-time for the PS3 hardware. The power of the PS3 is immediately apparent, as the low-poly CGI of the original game is replaced with some impressively modelled characters; Aeris actually looks recognizably human now. After pulling back to reveal Midgar in all its plume-of-smoke glory, the sequence cuts back to the train from which Cloud first appeared in FFVII. Instead of being up of about 100 polygons with big blocks for hands, though, Cloud here appears to be almost as realistically rendered as he is in the FFVII: Advent Children all-CGI movie.

At the outset, the tech demo features a profile of Aeris, doing her flower-selling thing on the streets of Midgar. As the camera pulls back, we see the actual cars on the streets, faithfully modelled and bouncing realistically, until finally it pulls all the way out to a panorama of Midgar itself, complete with iconic green smoke issuing forth from the chimneys of Shinra's power generation facilities. Soon enough, flashes of the train from the opening sequence of the game appear, and Cloud appears, big-ass sword in tow. The sequence ends with a - we admit it - absolutely gorgeous close-up of Cloud, with sword in tow.

The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting for a while now that Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for sure at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

By Matthew Rorie, GameSpot POSTED: 05/16/05 07:07 PM
goto www.gametrailers.com their downloads are free

Mistah DEVIL
I saw the ff7 tech demo and it wasn't that impressive from a technical stand point, but as a fan it was nice to see ff7 with updated graphics.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think they'd be crazy NOT to do it. people have been asking for it for a long time (personally I would have liked to see FFVI remade, but since it wasn't as popular as VII and it's sure to be more work to remake then VII, it will probably never happen). they already have the game right in front of them, they just have to fix it up all pretty and give FF fans what they want.

I was planning on waiting a bit before I got PS3, but if they would really decide to do a remake of this game I'd be sure to pick up a PS3 in a hurry.

TX!
well did anyone see another ff7 tech demo they showed in E3 with barrett and cloud and some other characters fighting a big dragon like monster that was pretty cool

Draco69
That was VERY cool....but it was the Final Fantasy: Advent Children movie that is gonna come out. It's not a game. But the movie will influence the storylines of alot of the spinoffs coming. Like Crisis Core.

TX!
ok looks like its gonna be a cool movie then

SaTsuJiN
seeing the tech demo brought back alot of memories.. because I think even though we all saw those characters as crappy chibi models back in the day.. the tech demo is what we saw in our minds

as for FFXII.. I wasnt very impressed because Im not really feeling the art style.. but the emotions came off nicely

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mistah DEVIL
goto www.gametrailers.com their downloads are free Uh, so is Gamespot. And theirs isn't a crappy camera version.

Draco69
Gamespot takes too much time to load. I like Ign.com better.

And FFXII is AMAZING. The graphics are phenomenal for such a system. And I love the fact that the world is SO big. It feels like its real Final Fantasy.

SaTsuJiN
it reminds me of ff8.. which gets me nauseated.. sick (oh noes!.. monsters coming from the moon!!!11! @_@)

Draco69
How? Final Fantasy VIII is more old-school like FF9. You conjured a likeness of a bunch of teenagers at a military to a group of knights, airship pirates and an black bunny-eared she-warrior? no expression

SaTsuJiN
well yeah.. when I saw the airship filled sky scene.. I became overwhelmed with flashbacks of the many balamb gardens that clogged the game.. ahh moon monsters~.. run to balamb garden~

Draco69
The moon scene sucked. Agreed. I don't know HOW they got the moon in there but hey.

And actually the airship filled sky scene shouldn't remind of you of Balamb. It reminded me about the first arrival to Lindbaum in FF9.

I see a connection between FF9 and FFXII. FF8 is clearly unrelated to FFXII. After all there's no angsty protagnists in sight are there?

SaTsuJiN
o_o... well I sensed a sortof rivalry between the pirate, and the pirate-wannabe (the michael jackson lookin' kid.. blink )

one of the things I enjoyed hearing about FFXII is that the gameplay is going to be similar to FFXI (roaming the map and being able to avoid monsters if you want to.. or the possibility of already being in a fight, and then another monster 'link aggros')

Draco69
I like that fact too. I REALLY don't want random battles. Friggin annoying.

"Oooooh there's the coveted Excaliber. Only two more....dammit!"

*Ruby Dragon swoops in*

I don't think its a rivalry. I think it's more of big brother/younger brother relationship. Van WANTS to be pirate. And the red-headed guy just happens to be one of the most famous pirates around. So Van most likely looks up to him.

I like the Rabbit Woman. She looks cool and tough.

SaTsuJiN
I think that ashe (ah-shay) girl looks pretty cool too.. wonder if you can change jobs or if the professions are pre-determined

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by TX!
well did anyone see another ff7 tech demo they showed in E3 with barrett and cloud and some other characters fighting a big dragon like monster that was pretty cool
i haven't
Originally posted by Draco69
That was VERY cool....but it was the Final Fantasy: Advent Children movie that is gonna come out. It's not a game. But the movie will influence the storylines of alot of the spinoffs coming. Like Crisis Core.
isn't gonna be released on psp?

taft
advent children gets released on ym birthday

Darth Cloud
IGN isnt a reliable source, a while ago, they stated that the early screen shots of what we now know to be FFVII advent children were not going to be made into a movie, lol, now lookey lookey. its a movie. and they stated a while ago that this tech demo would not be a remake of the game, then in a comment alittle bit after that, they restated their earlier statement and said there was nothing official. i also emailed square-enix, along with a whole bunch of other people, and the responce was

"we understand your concern about the Final Fantasy VII technological demo. It is currently under discussion and there is a good possibility of a remake. Again thank you for your concern and please look into our site for our other titles."

everyone who sent them emails about FFVII remake got this same email, there was two versions that people got, all saying basicly the same thing, email them if you dont believe me lol, it will take alittle bit for them to respond, they will either say that email, or the one where they say it was just currently just a tech demo, and said something like they dont have the authority to say anything about it blah blah lol, but yeah anyway, you all know they will make it, just everyone please let them know you really want this title, dont let them think we will give up on this, email them, thank you square-enix, the best video game in the world(in my opinion, nobody get mad at me lol) will be a remake, finishing the FFVII compilation! god im so happy lol

Darth Cloud
KEEP RANDOM BATTLES AND THE BATTLE SYSTEM, please stay true to the game lol, just the graphics need changing, not the music, not the gameplay, just graphics, the best game, just didnt wanna run around looking like little lego peices lol

SaTsuJiN
they are 'not' remaking it

Thorondor
They say that because they want it to be a shocker, more publicity smile

darth_royke
just a quick mention about ff7, as regards to the origina. i played it not long after it came out, and didnt like it at all. about 5 months after i gave it another try, and fell in love with it. the story, the characters, fantastic game
i was the first person in my area to beat emerad weapon toobig grin a remake will be purchased by myself, if just for nostalgia purposes.

tenchi1155
can some one give me the link to where i can get the trailer with barret and cloud i would most apprecitate it

darth_royke

MrBones
omg...if they made a remake of FFVII on the PS3, i'm getting one then for sure

Kadesh
um they are not remaking it, several magazines and the director himself stated that the tech demo was to show the power of the ps3. They are NOT remaking ffvii. And by the way, officialy the japanese gaming magazine Famitsu declared that ffxii overtook ff7.
And do you think Square Enix will listen to fans? they dont like that

And logic would question us, how are they going to make a remake when they are already working on 3 different final fantasy titles?
Final Fantasy XIII Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final fantasy Agito XIII

BackFire
Who cares what Famitsu said? FFXII is a very good, though heavily flawed game.

Kadesh
agreed, but i still think Xis better, lets stay on topic anyways

BackFire
Yeah, and a remake of VII is very possible, even likely. EGM even printed not long ago that they got word that the Tech Demo was indeed a prelude to an actual remake of VII.

Sony and Square would be stupid not to remake that game, it would be huge, people would buy the system just to play it.

We'll wait and see, though I'm expecting one at some point.

Kadesh
Um the director already said that the tech demo was to show the power of ps3, and he stated that he will not make a remake, several magazines pointed out that many fans thought that this would be a remake which it will not happen.

And again why would SE remake a game when they are working on 3 FF titles already?

And again SE will not listen to fans, The franchise is suppose to be fresh, that means new titles, not remakes of something we have already played, and what good is a remake? just voice acting and graphics.

Its the same as saying "O they should remake the original trilogy" when already it beats out the entire series, Its the same with FFVII, leave it as it is, its great its good.

And why bother to remake it when they are making a prequel to ff7? So thats 4 titles, not 3.

BackFire
You know they don't have the same development teams working on all titles, right?

It's not unheard of for game directors to simply lie when they aren't prepared to announce something. Him saying "it's just a demo to show the power of the PS3" means nothing. He could very well just be saying that because he's not prepared to announce it, yet. Because if he says "I can't say if it will happen or not" people will see that as confirmation that it is going to happen.

Plus, they have been remaking FF games for new systems for years now. Go look at the GBA FF titles, all remakes.

Why bother to remake it? Simple, because it would sell like hell. Not rocket science here, it would make tons of money and would instantly become a PS3 system mover.

Lana
Originally posted by Kadesh
Um the director already said that the tech demo was to show the power of ps3, and he stated that he will not make a remake, several magazines pointed out that many fans thought that this would be a remake which it will not happen.

And again why would SE remake a game when they are working on 3 FF titles already?

And again SE will not listen to fans, The franchise is suppose to be fresh, that means new titles, not remakes of something we have already played, and what good is a remake? just voice acting and graphics.

Its the same as saying "O they should remake the original trilogy" when already it beats out the entire series, Its the same with FFVII, leave it as it is, its great its good.

And why bother to remake it when they are making a prequel to ff7? So thats 4 titles, not 3.

Will not listen to fans?

Then why does FFX-2 exist?

Kadesh
Originally posted by Lana
Will not listen to fans?

Then why does FFX-2 exist? Because simply the directors knew that fans did not like the ending of ffx? And by the way ffx-2 is a disaster . And why bother to touch ffvii when its good enough?

By the way there is nothing to prove that the fans demanded FFX-2 and even if SE did listen, they did it because it would be a brand new story line, A remake is just only graphics and certein parts of gameplay, attempting to edit the story will result in a disaster, And if it was the fans who demanded ffx-2 and it turned out a disaster, dont you think that SE has learnt their lesson not to listen to the fans?

Originally posted by BackFire
You know they don't have the same development teams working on all titles, right?
Isnt all FFs under SE?

It's not unheard of for game directors to simply lie when they aren't prepared to announce something. Him saying "it's just a demo to show the power of the PS3" means nothing. He could very well just be saying that because he's not prepared to announce it, yet. Because if he says "I can't say if it will happen or not" people will see that as confirmation that it is going to happen.

And can you prove he was lying? can you actually prove he is going to remake ff7? And when he himself said he will not remake the game?

Plus, they have been remaking FF games for new systems for years now. Go look at the GBA FF titles, all remakes.
Thats GBA not console system games

Why bother to remake it? Simple, because it would sell like hell. Not rocket science here, it would make tons of money and would instantly become a PS3 system mover. And how sure of you it will "Sell like hell"? The only thing new in the remake would just be graphics and voice acting, the story still remains the same, And saying that doesnt change the fact that they are not remaking FFVII

i pulled this out from IGN, so looks like its been proven there is no remake

UPDATE: We received word as soon as our boys made it back that Square Enix wanted to make it clear that there will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake

BackFire
Yep, but Square has many different teams working for them. For instance, FFXII, X-2, Kingdom Hearts 2 were all being worked on at the same time, along with presumably FFXIII since it's been confirmed that FFXIII has been in development for sometime. All of these games have different teams. Square is a huge company and has many many teams, it wouldn't be difficult to have a team reworking the graphics, music and voice acting to the game. Plus, who said that they had to be working on it at the same time as their current projects? Might work on it after. Who knows?

Of course I can't prove he was lying. I don't have to prove shit since I'm merely saying the possibility exists. When I begin to say "Square WILL remake the game" come back with that crap. Until then, understand that I don't have to prove a possibility.

Handhelds ARE consoles, hence why they're covered in magazines dedicated soley to console gaming.

I'm very sure. With the rabid fanbase that game has, are you really denying the sales this game would have? New graphics and voice acting is all it would take for some people. You really don't think this would be huge? Also keep in mind that the original is somewhat difficult to obtain now, so many people who may be new to gaming, or just never got a chance to play it would finally have that chance.

And since you're making a claim as to what's factual, prove that this guy is telling the truth. Since you seem to think it's impossible that gamemakers can lie, despite the fact that they do it all the time.

This is just crap, FFVII is a great game, but the storytelling certainly has room for improvement.

FFX-2 was by no means a disaster, where are you getting this shit? It got very good reviews, sold very well, and was enjoyed by most who played it. The only people who thought it was a disaster are the morons who thought that it would be as good and as big as an all new numbered FF game.

Kadesh

And since you're making a claim as to what's factual, prove that this guy is telling the truth. Since you seem to think it's impossible that gamemakers can lie, despite the fact that they do it all the time.

Great one, then i guess if they said they would remake ff7 i guess it can be a lie too by arguing by your logic

FFX-2 was by no means a disaster, where are you getting this shit? It got very good reviews, sold very well, and was enjoyed by most who played it. The only people who thought it was a disaster are the morons who thought that it would be as good and as big as an all new numbered FF game.

Why dont you just accept the fact that they are not going to make a remake? that SE certeinly stated so, And again why would IGN lie, can you prove that? certeinly not, because there is no reason for IGN to lie

and yes ffx-2 was a dissapointment, it did not live up to its name. And enjoyed by those who played it? i dont think so, i have seen on so many forums that people arent happy with x-2 and some dispute it as the worse ps2 FF between X X-2 and XII. Certeinly i have played ffxi online and infact 95% of the 1.5 million people do not like it.

Unfortunately for Final Fantasy fans all over the world, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada stated after the demo's airing that it was meant for display purposes only and was not proof of an actual remake of the original game. need i say more?

w/e it is i am not going to bother to carry on for now, i got everything to prove that there will be no remake. Deny it if you wish

Lana
Hi, you don't know shit about the creation of FFX-2, it seems.

FFX-2 was created because of FFX being so wildly popular and fans wanting to know what happened next - not fans being unhappy with the ending. Thus when FFX International was released, FFX-2 was in production and there was an extra video included at the end of the game, "Another Story", which sets up the basis for FFX-2 and gives an excuse for it to exist (Yuna still holding out hope, Rikku becoming a sphere hunter, and Kimahri finding a sphere on Gagazet that contained someone who looked like Tidus).

And...as someone who loved FFX immensely, I would NOT say FFX-2 was a disappointment. It did not live up to FFX, but how often does a sequel ever do so? The main thing that caused FFX-2 to falter was the fact that they took so long to get the plot started, but in reality, the plot was very good and it was an entirely seperate game in it's own right. It was a silly and fun game, which quickly turned more serious once the plot began to surface, but in no way was it a BAD game, as you are claiming.

The fans wanted it, the fans got it, and most of the fans were happy with it.

General Kaliero
Kadesh, gaming magazines and sites can only report what they've been told. Thus, as IGN said, they received word from Square Enix that there wouldn't be a remake. So no, IGN couldn't have lied about it, it's their job to report what they've been told. SE lied to IGN.

And why? Can you honestly not think of a reason for SE to lie about a remake? Here's a few:

FFVII is the single most popular game in the entire FF Series, and indeed likely the most popular game of ANY SE-created property. In the past couple of years, SE has acknowledged this by releasing 5 - count 'em, 5 - new projects based on the FFVII property. They know that FFVII is immensely popular, and they know that slapping the FFVII label on a product will sell that product.

Now, why lie about it? How about so that it turns out better? The longer they go without officially announcing the remake, the longer they have to work on it before they're under pressure of a deadline to release it. Now why is that good? Because generally the more time spent on a project, the better that project will be in the end. But if you announce a game right when you've started working on it, especially something as big as an enhanced FFVII, what do you get? Rabid fans begging for it to be done NOW, so they can play it NOW. Since SE lives or dies based on customers wanting to buy their stock, the company is compelled to work faster, but not necessarily better. Leading to a game not as long, or big, or good as they wanted it to be.

That is why SE would lie about such a remake. It's to save their own butts, and make their fans happier in the long run.

Lana
Hey, for all we know, SE wasn't lying with that statement. All they said is that it was not proof of a remake being made.

That does not equal a remake will NOT be made. Just that that particular video did not mean one was in the works.

Kadesh
Hi, you don't know shit about the creation of FFX-2, it seems.
There was a reason why SE stared the project. They didnt start because some one demanded the game, They themselves knew the ending was not good, do you think they are dumb enough not to know to know that? So that is why they did make a sequel, its like you said, because we want to know what happened next, remember tidus swimming after the credits in the ending? They put it there on purpose, there is a possibility that that paticular scene would lead to a sequal and points out to one thing, they had already intended a sequel long before the fans so called demand one

FFX-2 was created because of FFX being so wildly popular and fans wanting to know what happened next - not fans being unhappy with the ending. Thus when FFX International was released, FFX-2 was in production and there was an extra video included at the end of the game, "Another Story", which sets up the basis for FFX-2 and gives an excuse for it to exist (Yuna still holding out hope, Rikku becoming a sphere hunter, and Kimahri finding a sphere on Gagazet that contained someone who looked like Tidus).
Yes i do now that, but the reason why SE made it, is because it is a totally brand new story line which is a follow up of what happened and thus it gives SE a reason to make it. FFVII on the other hand is pointless, all they would be doing is remaking graphics, voice acting and updated music which is totally pointless. The so called "remake" which has already been proven to not be remade would just be a remake of what i had mentioned earlier

And...as someone who loved FFX immensely, I would NOT say FFX-2 was a disappointment. It did not live up to FFX, but how often does a sequel ever do so? The main thing that caused FFX-2 to falter was the fact that they took so long to get the plot started, but in reality, the plot was very good and it was an entirely seperate game in it's own right. It was a silly and fun game, which quickly turned more serious once the plot began to surface, but in no way was it a BAD game, as you are claiming.
Tell that to the thousands of people who did not like it, go check out igns readers reviews and you will see alot of flamers, go play FFXI and ask the other players opinion of ffx-2, go check all the gaming sites ratings of x-2 and frankly speaking, it isnt that great, only the cut scenes and story were. And i did forget to mention that i do like the story and cut scenes, what dissapointed us was gameplay, the lvling system this and that, The dress spheres were good, but what annoys me is the lvling system, unlike the previous FFX.

The fans wanted it, the fans got it, and most of the fans were happy with it. I wanted it to, i admit i liked the scenes, but im not happy about the gameplay as i mentioned

Lana
If the ending of FFX was as bad as you claim, then why is it so well-liked?

Kadesh
i meant dissapointing. And does a bad ending mean the game is bad? no

Lana
I mean the ending. If it's as disappointing/bad as you say, then why was the ending so well-liked?

Kadesh
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Kadesh, gaming magazines and sites can only report what they've been told. Thus, as IGN said, they received word from Square Enix that there wouldn't be a remake. So no, IGN couldn't have lied about it, it's their job to report what they've been told. SE lied to IGN.
Can you prove that SE was lieing? prove up or shut up, show me a statement or quote where it states that there will be a remake, Accept it and move on

UPDATE: We received word as soon as our boys made it back that Square Enix wanted to make it clear that there will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake

which part of this do you not understand?

Do you understand the termthere will not ? Compared to not in development

General Kaliero
FFVII on the other hand is pointless, all they would be doing is remaking graphics, voice acting and updated music which is totally pointless. The so called "remake" which has already been proven to not be remade would just be a remake of what i had mentioned earlier

What's your point? FFVII lovers don't want the core mechanics of the game changed, beyond the possibility of some new dungeons or other bonus content added. Which, by the way, would be entirely possible, SE did that with all the FFI-VI GBA remakes. But the point is, people would buy such a remake BECAUSE it's the same game, but with new high-end graphics, real voice acting, and 7.1 surround sound music.

You want me to prove they aren't lying? I can't, elsewise it wouldn't be a very good lie. You already argued this with BF; I'm saying a remake is indeed possible, given what we know. You just have to use intelligence when thinking about the circumstances.

Kadesh
I mean the ending. If it's as disappointing/bad as you say, then why was the ending so well-liked? Because it leaves us wandering what would happen next? And when i say dissapointing i refer to when tidus um vanished, that the main characte did not live, sorry if i forgot to make this clear

Kadesh
What's your point? FFVII lovers don't want the core mechanics of the game changed, beyond the possibility of some new dungeons or other bonus content added. Which, by the way, would be entirely possible, SE did that with all the FFI-VI GBA remakes. But the point is, people would buy such a remake BECAUSE it's the same game, but with new high-end graphics, real voice acting, and 7.1 surround sound music. That was what i was saying,

Lana
Because it leaves us wandering what would happen next? And when i say dissapointing i refer to when tidus um vanished, that the main characte did not live, sorry if i forgot to make this clear

So in other words you were not happy with the fact that it wasn't a happy ending. Personally, I rather liked that a lot. It's not like FFX was a cheerful, happy-go-lucky game, it was in fact a rather serious game with a serious plot. A happy "everything is perfect" ending would simply have ruined the game.

And of course it leaves you wondering what happens next, but so does every other game ending, as they don't go through and detail out the next 10 years of the characters' lives.

General Kaliero
Don't double-post, Kadesh. And that's not what you were saying, you were vehemently defending a position that you can't hold by saying that there's NO WAY SE was remaking FFVII.

Kadesh
So in other words you were not happy with the fact that it wasn't a happy ending. Personally, I rather liked that a lot. It's not like FFX was a cheerful, happy-go-lucky game, it was in fact a rather serious game with a serious plot. A happy "everything is perfect" ending would simply have ruined the game.

And of course it leaves you wondering what happens next, but so does every other game ending, as they don't go through and detail out the next 10 years of the characters' lives. i just said it was dissapointing that he vanished, and i did not say i didnt like it,
And i completely agree with what you said "happy endings" spoil a movie. Thats what made TESB so awesome, bad endings.

But personally since you like unhappy endings, out of the 4 endings in x-2, which do you like? bad, sad,good or perfect?

Kadesh
Don't double-post. And that's not what you were saying, you were vehemently defending a position that you can't hold by saying that there's NO WAY SE was remaking FFVII. i did not deny a possibility, and again you have not proven anything accept gave out your opinions on this matter and failing to prove why SE would lie

Lana
i just said it was dissapointing that he vanished, and i did not say i didnt like it,
And i completely agree with what you said "happy endings" spoil a movie. Thats what made TESB so awesome, bad endings.

But personally since you like unhappy endings, out of the 4 endings in x-2, which do you like? bad, sad,good or perfect?

I didn't get the bad ending since you can only get that one by losing the final battle. And personally, I liked the sad one the best, where Yuna doesn't like Tidus. It doesn't ruin the ending of FFX at all.

i did not deny a possibility, and again you have not proven anything accept gave out your opinions on this matter and failing to prove why SE would lie

Semantics. They're saying they won't, but what they mean is "not at this precise moment will we". Or they're simply saying they won't in case something falls through and makes it impossible. It's pretty much to cover their asses, and companies do it all the time.

Kadesh
I didn't get the bad ending since you can only get that one by losing the final battle. And personally, I liked the sad one the best, where Yuna doesn't like Tidus. It doesn't ruin the ending of FFX at all.
I didnt say the ffx ending was ruined...

Semantics. They're saying they won't, but what they mean is "not at this precise moment will we". Or they're simply saying they won't in case something falls through and makes it impossible. It's pretty much to cover their asses, and companies do it all the time. There is also the sentence they mentioned "they will not" do a remake at all, do you understand now?. And if SE were to lie about this, if they really do make a remake, wouldnt they get heavily criticised?

Again there is a possibility, but why bother when they are trying to make the franchise fresh again by working on 3 titles? the prequel to ff7, ffxiii and ff versus xiii

General Kaliero
i did not deny a possibility, and again you have not proven anything accept gave out your opinions on this matter and failing to prove why SE would lie

My opinions, sure, just the same as you've given your opinions. Welcome to the wonderful world of forums, where you are able to voice your opinion.

However, my opinions, opinions though they may be, are based upon things like marketing sensibilities, business tactics, and general common sense.

Your opinions seem to be based on the idea that game companies cannot possibly ever lie to anyone about anything - which I can assure you, is not true.

They would not be criticized at all, because companies in all sorts of businesses do that sort of thing all the time.

Lana
I didnt say the ffx ending was ruined...

There is also the sentence they mentioned "they will not" do a remake at all, do you understand now?. And if SE were to lie about this, if they really do make a remake, wouldnt they get heavily criticised?

Again there is a possibility, but why bother when they are trying to make the franchise fresh again by working on 3 titles? the prequel to ff7, ffxiii and ff versus xiii

Show me where I said you did. I said that the perfect ending ruined the end of FFX. That's my opinion. I shouldn't have to place "in my opinion" at the end of every sentence.

And probably not. Fans want a remake, and if they make one after saying they won't, I really highly doubt anyone would criticize them for giving the fans what they want. And as said...companies say stuff like that all the time. It's covering their asses in case something happens.

Kadesh
My opinions, sure, just the same as you've given your opinions. Welcome to the wonderful world of forums, where you are able to voice your opinion. But i did give you proof that they will not do a remake, You claimed they lied, which you failed to prove

However, my opinions, opinions though they may be, are based upon things like marketing sensibilities, business tactics, and general common sense. oh i see, but what i ask you now, do you actually have evidence that they are lieing? and if you had common sense, you know how expensive is it to make an FF title am i correct? it costed billions of yen to make XII and they are working on 4 FF titles, attemping to do another title could bring the risk of bankrupcy

Kadesh
Show me where I said you did. I said that the perfect ending ruined the end of FFX. That's my opinion. I shouldn't have to place "in my opinion" at the end of every sentence.
FFX or ffx-2? which ending

And probably not. Fans want a remake, and if they make one after saying they won't, I really highly doubt anyone would criticize them for giving the fans what they want. And as said...companies say stuff like that all the time. It's covering their asses in case something happens. Yes fans want a remake, but again is there anything to prove that they are making one? Just to let you know fans are wanting kotor3 which is the sequal to the best selling SW game and would make tons of money for the company but did they listen? No, they cancelled it and they are not making it either, What is there to prove that SE will remake FFVII

Lana
But i did give you proof that they will not do a remake, You claimed they lied, which you failed to prove
oh i see, but what i ask you now, do you actually have evidence that they are lieing? and if you had common sense, you know how expensive is it to make an FF title am i correct? it costed billions of yen to make XII and they are working on 4 FF titles, attemping to do another title could bring the risk of bankrupcy

SE will never go bankrupt with FF. It's one of the most popular game franchises. Hell, it's the franchise that saved Square from bankruptcy 20 something years ago.

Also keep exchange rates in mind when tossing around monetary values...and do you have a source for this 'billions of yen' claim?

FFX or ffx-2? which ending

Yes fans want a remake, but again is there anything to prove that they are making one? Just to let you know fans are wanting kotor3 which is the sequal to the best selling SW game and would make tons of money for the company but did they listen? No, they cancelled it and they are not making it either, What is there to prove that SE will remake FFVII

There's only one ending to FFX, figure it out yourself.

And KOTOR2 might have sold a lot, but it was a huge letdown. Not that KOTOR was anything hugely spectacular.

Kadesh
i meant millions sorry, typed wrongly

Lana
i meant millions sorry, typed wrongly

And you know a million yen is roughly $10,000, right? That's really not a lot.

Kadesh

There's only one ending to FFX, figure it out yourself.

And KOTOR2 might have sold a lot, but it was a huge letdown. Not that KOTOR was anything hugely spectacular.

if you were reffering to a ending which you would not like, you said the perfect ending ruined ffx, which apparantly is not, only X-2 has that sorta ending.

And kotor2 could have beaten the first game had they not cut out half the game. And nothing spectacular? it actually is if you pay attention to the story

General Kaliero
But i did give you proof that they will not do a remake, You claimed they lied, which you failed to prove
oh i see, but what i ask you now, do you actually have evidence that they are lieing?

Billions of yen, right. A couple hundred yen is mere pocket change, you know.

What proof did you give? You gave a couple statements that could be either outright lies or slippery-worded skirting around actually giving a real answer. How about this: You give me absolute proof that SE is not making a remake, and has no plans to do so. Fly over to Japan with a camera and film every department of SE to show that they aren't working on a remake. That would be proof.

Kadesh
And you know a million yen is roughly $10,000, right? That's really not a lot. did i say "a" million? no i did not ok?

Developed from 2001 to 2006, Final Fantasy XII cost approximately 4 billion Japanese yen (about 35 million USD Heres your proof

Lana
if you were reffering to a ending which you would not like, you said the perfect ending ruined ffx, which apparantly is not, only X-2 has that sorta ending.

And kotor2 could have beaten the first game had they not cut out half the game. And nothing spectacular? it actually is if you pay attention to the story

The perfect ending to FFX-2 ruined the end of FFX, in my opinion. There. I've spelled it out. Not that it was very hard to get.

I've played KOTOR and KOTOR2. The first was pretty good, the second bored me so much I quit a quarter of the way through. The plot was not that different from that of the first game.

Lana
did i say "a" million? no i did not ok?

Developed from 2001 to 2006, Final Fantasy XII cost approximately 4 billion Japanese yen (about 35 million USD Heres your proof

Christ, you need everything spelled to the letter, don't you!

You said millions. I pointed out that a million yen is only about $10,000. How on earth does that mean I said you only said "a million"? It doesn't!

And where is your source for that claim? Random claims without sources to back them up can't be taken seriously.

Kadesh
Billions of yen, right. A couple hundred yen is mere pocket change, you know.

What proof did you give? You gave a couple statements that could be either outright lies or slippery-worded skirting around actually giving a real answer. How about this: You give me absolute proof that SE is not making a remake, and has no plans to do so. Fly over to Japan with a camera and film every department of SE to show that they aren't working on a remake. That would be proof.

here goes Unfortunately for Final Fantasy fans all over the world, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada stated after the demo's airing that it was meant for display purposes only and was not proof of an actual remake of the original game. Thats for not making one at the moment,

2)President of Square Enix, Yoichi Wada, was quick to point out that this wasn't a teaser, or a hint of any intention to do a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but explained that Final Fantasy titles were indeed guaranteed to come to PS3 one day. thats 2 no intention

3)Originally posted by Kadesh

Now, prove to me that they are, prove up or shut up

Kadesh
Christ, you need everything spelled to the letter, don't you!

You said millions. I pointed out that a million yen is only about $10,000. How on earth does that mean I said you only said "a million"? It doesn't!

And where is your source for that claim? Random claims without sources to back them up can't be taken seriously.

I find wikipedia reliable, where its maintaine by people who respect canon policy , you really think making a ff game is cheap? i dont think so

Lana
I find wikipedia reliable, where its maintaine by people who respect canon policy , you really think making a ff game is cheap? i dont think so

Wikipedia is not a respectable source because people can edit it to say what they want. Actual linked sources are what's needed.

And where did I say it was cheap? Nowhere. Simply pointing out the mistakes in what you're saying.

General Kaliero
Wikipedia is hardly the most reliable source, considering that anyone with a keyboard can edit it.

Oh, and giving me the same sources as before does not prove your opinion. Where's my camera footage from Japan?

Kadesh
Wikipedia is not a respectable source because people can edit it to say what they want. Actual linked sources are what's needed. nice excuse, so i guess everything must be bull shit in there is it? By the way, why would there be a motive for some body to type bull shit there? About the cost to make one FF title?

Kadesh
Wikipedia is hardly the most reliable source, considering that anyone with a keyboard can edit it.

Oh, and giving me the same sources as before does not prove your opinion. Where's my camera footage from Japan?

Wheres my proof of they making a remake? i thought i told you to shut up if you dont have any proof, go find me a "reliable" source and state it

Lana
nice excuse, so i guess everything must be bull shit in there is it? By the way, why would there be a motive for some body to type bull shit there? About the cost to make one FF title?

Who am I to say why people act like idiots? Can't really deny the fact that it happens all the time, can you?

Try using wikipedia as a source in a real debate or a research paper and watch yourself get laughed out of it or fail. It's not a respectable source, end of.

Wheres my proof of they making a remake? i thought i told you to shut up if you dont have any proof, go fine me a "reliable" source and state it

I think you have no right to tell others to shut up.

General Kaliero
Wheres my proof of they making a remake? i thought i told you to shut up if you dont have any proof, go find me a "reliable" source and state it

Nice manners. You're hardly one to be splitting hairs about reliable sources, and I still don't have any proof from you.

Kadesh
Who am I to say why people act like idiots? Can't really deny the fact that it happens all the time, can you?

Try using wikipedia as a source in a real debate or a research paper and watch yourself get laughed out of it or fail. It's not a respectable source, end of. Um it has been used before and been proven in the SWV forums to be canonical and no contradictions as well as nothing being made up, as you were saying? And they do state that where did what they type come from, so i think you fail, want an example? Read the NEGTC and compare it to wiki, they ripped it off word for word

I think you have no right to tell others to shut up.

By right he should, because he has failed to provide any evidence of a remake, and he has nothing to say does he?

Kadesh
Nice manners. You're hardly one to be splitting hairs about reliable sources, and I still don't have any proof from you. Learn to read, i just gave you the evidence earlier, and right now you are showing Denial that there will not be a remake at this time. Again i ask, prove to me that they are making a remake, prove it

Lana
Um it has been used before and been proven in the SWV forums to be canonical and no contradictions as well as nothing being made up, as you were saying? And they do state that where did what they type come from, so i think you fail, want an example? Read the NEGTC and compare it to wiki, they ripped it off word for word

By right he should, because he has failed to provide any evidence of a remake, and he has nothing to say does he?

I don't think most people in the SWV forum have any idea what is actually canon in the SW universe.

Nor have you really spend much time looking up stuff on wiki if you've never come across anything that was wrong/made up/completely pointless.

And I'm well aware that most things on wiki link to the info sources. So why not find the ones for the claims you're making?

And no, he shouldn't, since what he is saying in that they will likely make a remake is his opinion. You however are making claims with no sources, and as you're arguing your stance as fact, you are the one who needs to supply proof.

General Kaliero
Learn to think, those quotes do not constitute evidence of anything, seeing as they are unsourced, and people have been known to lie.

Also, as I said before, no one who doesn't work within SE can prove that they are making a remake. I never said they definitely were, either. I merely said that it's possible, and likely, based on past company events and statements, business tactics, and common sense.

Kadesh
EDIT @General kaliero. i posted this before i read your last post

I don't think most people in the SWV forum have any idea what is actually canon in the SW universe.
You are wrong, try debating in the SWV forums and you would get owned. You completely know nothing of what canon is in the SW universe. And by the way, the debators there are far greater than the ones here, Not knowing canon? im sorry but we got the NEC, we got NEGTC ETTC, Novels, Movies, Sourcebooks etc... so dont attempt to say we dont know whats canon

Nor hOriginally posted by Lana
ave you really spend much time looking up stuff on wiki if you've never come across anything that was wrong/made up/completely pointless. Actually i have, that claiming plo koon is a practitionar of djem so which is completely false, you fail

And I'm well aware that most things on wiki link to the info sources. So why not find the ones for the claims you're making?
. Which is what im trying to do now

And no, he shouldn't, since what he is saying in that they will likely make a remake is his opinion. You however are making claims with no sources, and as you're arguing your stance as fact, you are the one who needs to supply proof. Are you blind? i just posted what has been stated in ign that they said that they are not making one now. He is claiming that they are and will be making a remake, which he has failed to prove, i dont have t prove that they are not, because simply There is no proof that they are, understand?

Kadesh
Learn to think, those quotes do not constitute evidence of anything, seeing as they are unsourced, and people have been known to lie.

Also, as I said before, no one who doesn't work within SE can prove that they are making a remake. I never said they definitely were, either. I merely said that it's possible, and likely, based on past company events and statements, business tactics, and common sense. how many times do i have to say that i did not deny a posibility? i never denied that, iwas saying that they are not making one now that is, and sorry if i got a little bit harsh earlier, its kinda late here so i tend to snap easily

General Kaliero
Yes, you did deny the possibility with your numerous quoted statements, accepting them as fact that a remake was not in any way in production.

Also, you really should include a source with any quotes you post, so that people can check and make sure you didn't change anything. Such as your info about the cost of FFXII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII#Development

You must have changed it in your post, because Wikipedia is a completely reliable source.

Lana
EDIT @General kaliero. i posted this before i read your last post

You are wrong, try debating in the SWV forums and you would get owned. You completely know nothing of what canon is in the SW universe. And by the way, the debators there are far greater than the ones here, Not knowing canon? im sorry but we got the NEC, we got NEGTC ETTC, Novels, Movies, Sourcebooks etc... so dont attempt to say we dont know whats canon

Nor h Actually i have, that claiming plo koon is a practitionar of djem so which is completely false, you fail
Which is what im trying to do now

Are you blind? i just posted what has been stated in ign that they said that they are not making one now. He is claiming that they are and will be making a remake, which he has failed to prove, i dont have t prove that they are not, because simply There is no proof that they are, understand?

Pffft. You're proving me right right there about not knowing what's canon in SW. Novels are not canon, comics are not canon, games are not canon. The movies and the movies alone are canon in SW. The rest is EU.

Well, then why are you acting like the editing of wiki never happens?

Maybe you should have done so from the start?

And no, I'm sorry, but you are the blind one here. What Kaliero is saying is that he thinks they will make a remake and that it would be stupid not to. He is not stating this as fact, but rather an opinion based on previous SE decisions and fan reactions. You are stating as a fact that there will not be a remake.

Kadesh
Yes, you did deny the possibilty with your numerous quoted statements, accepting them as fact that a remake was not in any way in production.

Also, you really should include a source with any quotes you post, so that people can check and make sure you didn't change anything. Such as your info about the cost of FFXII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII#Development

You must have changed it in your post, because Wikipedia is a completely reliable source. i was wrong in some parts about the possibility thing, i did contradict myself twice, first i said there was, then didnt then now i said there was again, I was trying to state that they are not making one now, sry if i got that mixed up

Huh? i didnt say wikipedia is unrealible

Kadesh
Pffft. You're proving me right right there about not knowing what's canon in SW. Novels are not canon, comics are not canon, games are not canon. The movies and the movies alone are canon in SW. The rest is EU. Um novels are, lucasarts approved them and they got the LFL stamps which indicates that they did really take place in the star wars universe , movies are classified as "higher canon" and we do use EU in debates, try again
If EU is not canon, then tell me, how the hell did Darth vader get known through out the galaxy when he only appeard like what 3 mins in the film?

Maybe you should have done so from the start?
. general just said it was reliable, read it again

And no, I'm sorry, but you are the blind one here. What Kaliero is saying is that he thinks they will make a remake and that it would be stupid not to. He is not stating this as fact, but rather an opinion based on previous SE decisions and fan reactions. You are stating as a fact that there will not be a remake. Thats because i took what they said about it for real, which has yet to be seen

Lana
Um novels are, lucasarts approved them and they got the LFL stamps which indicates that they did really take place in the star wars universe , movies are classified as "higher canon" and we do use EU in debates, try again
If EU is not canon, then tell me, how the hell did Darth vader get known through out the galaxy when he only appeard like what 3 mins in the film?

general just said it was reliable, read it again

Thats because i took what they said about it for real, which has yet to be seen

Lucas approving them doesn't mean shit. They're not considered canon.

And, um, you don't seem to catch sarcasm very well. Kaliero is actually proving WRONG your claim that wiki is reliable.

And you can't take everything at face value. Just because they said one thing doesn't mean that's precisely what they meant.

Kadesh
Lucas approving them doesn't mean shit. They're not considered canon. Um lucasarts and LFL approved them canon, try again

And, um, you don't seem to catch sarcasm very well. Kaliero is actually proving WRONG your claim that wiki is reliable.
. No i dont, and was he even showing sarcasm a all

And you can't take everything at face value. Just because they said one thing doesn't mean that's precisely what they meant. The same can be said if the mentioned that the would make a remake, point moot

Kadesh
sorry for double post, but did you know that lucas works closely with the authors? That Leland chee makes statements time and again about the EU stating that thay ARE canon? That GL is well aware of the EU as long as it doesnt contradict the movies?

That G canon is reffered to george lucas movies

and that C-canon means the EU? you fail again

By the way, lets stay on topic, we got the whole thing derailed, i agree that there is a possibility of a remake, while there is no proof of one being made currently

General Kaliero
Sarcasm is a subtle art. It has to be understood, not slammed in one's face. roll eyes (sarcastic) Maybe you'd understand if you checked what I linked?

And it's true, the same arguments could be used if SE said they were making a remake, however, we don't live in What-If-World, so they didn't.

Kadesh
Sarcasm is a subtle art. It has to be understood, not slammed in one's face. roll eyes (sarcastic) Maybe you'd understand if you checked what I linked?

And it's true, the same arguments could be used if SE said they were making a remake, however, we don't live in What-If-World, so they didn't. yea ok, i guess i better read up and understand sarcasm..

Vera21
*steps in with all the grace and style of a Cyberman* ermm

There are different levels in canon for Star Wars. The movies and the words from Georgie's mouth are the highest. Then comes EU, which is not canon on the same level. George Lucas has labeled this as an alternate continuation of his idea; an alternate Star Wars universe.

Anything that contradicts the movies is non-canon. Period. No disputing that.

I haven't read the previous discussion at all, but that's how Star Wars canonicity works. ermm

Ushgarak
Err, just to be clear on that. as far as GL and the films are concerned, EU has absolutely no canonicity whatsoever.

The EU has its own canon grading, which you describe above.

It should also be noted that the novels of the films are not EU.

Just clearing up a few common misconceptions there.

BackFire
Great one, then i guess if they said they would remake ff7 i guess it can be a lie too by arguing by your logic

What crap. Game developers don't lie when they announced that a game is comming out. The reason game developers lie is to cover their asses in case the project they're working on secretly gets cancelled or they decide not to follow through. Once something is announced, especially something as big as the FFVII remake would be, that means it WILL come out.

Why dont you just accept the fact that they are not going to make a remake? that SE certeinly stated so, And again why would IGN lie, can you prove that? certeinly not, because there is no reason for IGN to lie

IGN isn't the one lying. If someone is lying it's Square, IGN is just reporting what they're told. Perhaps you should learn how to read properly, since no one said IGN was lying.

and yes ffx-2 was a dissapointment, it did not live up to its name. And enjoyed by those who played it? i dont think so, i have seen on so many forums that people arent happy with x-2 and some dispute it as the worse ps2 FF between X X-2 and XII. Certeinly i have played ffxi online and infact 95% of the 1.5 million people do not like it.

Dissapointment doesn't equal disaster.

Kadesh
What crap. Game developers don't lie when they announced that a game is comming out. The reason game developers lie is to cover their asses in case the project they're working on secretly gets cancelled or they decide not to follow through. Once something is announced, especially something as big as the FFVII remake would be, that means it WILL come out. Theres only the possibility that it might come out, so far they made no announcements yet

IGN isn't the one lying. If someone is lying it's Square, IGN is just reporting what they're told. Perhaps you should learn how to read properly, since no one said IGN was lying.

Thats why i said now there would be a possibility, did you even read all my posts?

BackFire
No shit, that's what I've been saying all along, that there is only a possibility, you're the one that's been claiming that there factually is not a remake coming out, as if you know, and (incorrectly) that I said that there IS a remake coming out (again, only recognize the possibility, saying this again since you seem to have trouble understanding the difference between possibility and fact).

Ushgarak
They've been very careful about their denials. They are all worded "We have never said we are working on such a thing." They have nbever directly said "We are not doing this."

I think they are keeping the option open. If people would buy it, then there is the motivation to make it. But even if true, this could be wayyyyyy in the future.

Kadesh
No shit, that's what I've been saying all along, that there is only a possibility, you're the one that's been claiming that there factually is not a remake coming out, as if you know, and (incorrectly) that I said that there IS a remake coming out (again, only recognize the possibility, saying this again since you seem to have trouble understanding the difference between possibility and fact). i stated that there was not one in the making at the moment, i did say they will not make a remake earlier but i refuted that point already, please read all my posts so that you wont get a misunderstanding

trolly_crouchjr
No shit, that's what I've been saying all along, that there is only a possibility, you're the one that's been claiming that there factually is not a remake coming out, as if you know, and (incorrectly) that I said that there IS a remake coming out (again, only recognize the possibility, saying this again since you seem to have trouble understanding the difference between possibility and fact). yes yes i agree

Mesirus
Whoa, how can something so simple because an argument, cool your jets people, or hormones so the case may be.

So, is it only coming out on the ps3 or what, personally i don't really want to get the ps3. I'd much prefer to try out something new, either Xbox 360 or Wii, don't really mind which

Kadesh
Maybe, if they do remake it, i think they should remake all of the FF. 1-10, leave 11 and 12

BackFire
I'd love to see them remake the older FF games from the 8 and 16 bit era, especially 6. Similar to what they did with FFIII.

Kadesh
was 4 remade into 3D? or just ported to playstation, because FFIV was my first FF experience

InnerRise
Maybe, if they do remake it, i think they should remake all of the FF. 1-10, leave 11 and 12 You think they need to remake Final Fantasy X???? How much could they actually do to remake it?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

BackFire
was 4 remade into 3D? or just ported to playstation, because FFIV was my first FF experience

It was just ported. May have added a few new extra things to it, not sure.

Kadesh
Originally posted by InnerRise
You think they need to remake Final Fantasy X???? How much could they actually do to remake it?

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Lol make everything like ps3 graphics, Look at FFXIII graphics it wtf pwns

@backfire

Weird, i thought they remake IV completely because i did see a 3d FMV some where

Lana
The FFXIII stuff we've seen so far is pre-rendered. It's not how it's going to actually look in the end.

BackFire
There's been some images that have been in real time, you can tell.

BackFire
Lol make everything like ps3 graphics, Look at FFXIII graphics it wtf pwns

@backfire

Weird, i thought they remake IV completely because i did see a 3d FMV some where

They added a FMV into the playstation port, but gameplay graphics were identical to the SNES one.

InnerRise
The FFXIII stuff we've seen so far is pre-rendered. It's not how it's going to actually look in the end. They claim it's all real time.....just b/c it had those status bars and the such on the screen, which I know they could've just put there, but I think it's not too far fetched for those to have been real time.

General Kaliero
They claimed those old MGS4 clips were real time, too. Look at it now that actual game footage has been released, there's barely a graphical jump above MGS3 at all.

Sony's boasting that the PS3 could produce near-movie-quality graphics was utter crap.

Kadesh
The FFXIII stuff we've seen so far is pre-rendered. It's not how it's going to actually look in the end.

Since when?

@general

And believe me i saw the boxing game for ps3, the graphics were incredible and extremely detailed, blood, sweat, bruises...

InnerRise
They claimed those old MGS4 clips were real time, too. Look at it now that actual game footage has been released, there's barely a graphical jump above MGS3 at all.

Sony's boasting that the PS3 could produce near-movie-quality graphics was utter crap. I didn't even know that.

I know some of the FFXIII stuff was pre rendered, but you could see a graphical change at some moments, so that I why I think some of it was actual game play maybe.

Nactous
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, just to be clear on that. as far as GL and the films are concerned, EU has absolutely no canonicity whatsoever.

The EU has its own canon grading, which you describe above.

It should also be noted that the novels of the films are not EU.

Just clearing up a few common misconceptions there.

So if a novel mentions an EU character that makes him canon.

chithappens
It was prerendered.

ESB -1138
If they did remake FF7 for the PS3 the fanboys of FF7 would just complain that it's not as good as the original and complain about every new thing they added to it.

And yet those fanboys would just buy it cause it has FF7 on it.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ESB -1138
If they did remake FF7 for the PS3 the fanboys of FF7 would just complain that it's not as good as the original and complain about every new thing they added to it.

And yet those fanboys would just buy it cause it has FF7 on it. I think there's a little more to it than that. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.