Night Of The Living Dead (1968)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
i saw this for the first time last night.

not really as gory or scary as i was expecting but i really liked it.

cool ending too.

Evil Dead
Indeed...........

A person can't really go into NoTLD expecting to be scared ......It was '68. Still......great ominous feel throughout the entire film.

While I actually enjoy the story to NoTLD '68 more than the remake.....I like NoTLD '90 better. It's more enjoyable to me visually.

mook
i watched last night at about 1 in the morning, a little drunk.
to be honest i didnt know anything baout it so wasnt sure what to expect - glad i stuck with though.

The Redeemer
I'd already seen DAWN... and DAY... before hand. Yet despite it's age and obviously low budget it is still a very effective little horror film. The scene with the zombie girl and her mother is a knockout! And there's even some entrail munching which I'd say caused a bit of controversy at the time!

SlipknoT
I liked this movie, but I've never seen the remake. Is it any good?

mook
i liked how the word zombie is never said or mentioned throughout the film.

samhain
The remake is excellent. I thought the word zombie was not mentioned in the trilogy at all, but in the original Dawn... Ken Foree says it once and only once... I think.

Evil Dead
yes, the remake is good. Check it out.

The reason it is such a good remake is because Tom Savini directed it and had respect for the material (being involved in both Day and Dawn + being good friends with Romero)..........

it is modernized a bit.......but the core of the movie is still there. Probably the best remake ever.

slayer
Yea The Remake was excellent watched it 2 days ago!

Gabri_Krueger
im gonna see that tommorrow

SlipknoT
I know this is a little late but I finally got around to watching the NOTLD remake. Definetly one of the better remakes out there. And I'm going with Evil Dead on this one, it was a bit better than the original.

Lord_Andres
havint seen remake, but original was quite impressive for it's age and acting is quite good too! deffently a gem

slayer
Both where extremely entertaining.

roundisfunny
I liked how they made Barbara more of a toughie than in the first one, where she just screamed and freaked out the whole time.

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

SlipknoT
It kind of annoyed me how they made her tough and heroic

roundisfunny
Well, SHE was kind of annoying, but if I had to choose, I'd rather see her as bitchy and domineering rather than mousy and catatonic.

SlipknoT
I wanted her to get eaten

kmcdude
I'm watching this tonight as part of my Halloween marathon tonight big grin

Nevermind
Tops film, love it. I didn't know there was a remake I'll have to check it out.

tpaquin
I love the ending of the remake. I thought it was frigging perfect.

LizzyT123
The remake? I don't think I've ever heard of the remake for the original. I've seen the remakes for DAWN or DAY or whatever. I reaaaaally don't like Return of the Living Dead. Those movies are baaaaad. Especially Necropolis. I saw it on Sci Fi. Can you say Cheeeeeesy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.