Digital or film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jon84
Hey SW fans, are you guys going to watch ROTS EPIII in digital or film?

btw: i want to make a poll but it looks like i don't have enough seniority... confused

Here are most of the theaters worldwide that screen digital.
Digital theater in your country

tlbauerle
Both...the only digital theatre in Phoenix is on the other side of the world from me....

I'll see it there next week though...

Darth_Decimator
rots is showing in sydney in digital. i doubt whether ill manage to get in there to see it tho sad

Mist
how can you tell which cinemas have digital?blink

Darth_Decimator
well at fox studios in sydney they advertise in the paper at the top of their little bit on the page, usually they say "showing in digital projection" well thats what theyve done since the went digital a year ago anywayz. or im sure they could tell you if u just gave them a ring big grin

Batman316
What will be the actual differences between digital and normal?

Darth_Decimator
some people think that the digital version may go for longer than the normal one that most of us will see. i believe its been confirmed for sure that the digital version will have little things that will be different as what happened with aotc. i dont know if the digital being longer has been officially confirmed or not tho.

jon84
Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
some people think that the digital version may go for longer than the normal one that most of us will see. i believe its been confirmed for sure that the digital version will have little things that will be different as what happened with aotc. i dont know if the digital being longer has been officially confirmed or not tho.

I think you're talking about the IMAX version, Yes, some scenes were cut in AOTC. Anyway, all i know is that the digital version will have superior picture quality compared to the celluloid (film) version but other than that both versions will be the same in length.

Darth_Decimator
i stand corrected big grin embarrasment stick out tongue

DenKi
Whats the MAIN DIFFERENCE?

Anakin2Vader
^^^ probably just clarity I would guess.... no bouncing spots like film

jon84
Yep, thats about it... I heard ROTS will be 1080p, the last two prequels were only 720p.

The Ones
dude, whats p?

smoker4
Pixals?

Potatoes?

LandoSpeeder2
I'll just have to wait for the DVD, the closest digital screening is in Dallas, a 4 hour drive.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by smoker4
Pixals?

Potatoes?
laughing out loud

yeah, where I live the new Theater (I think) is eventually going to get a digital projector but not in time for EP-III.

gl2gz
damn, 1080p that's higher definition than the 'definition' of high definition....and i was proud of my 1080i lcd projector.

for those that didn't know the 'p' etc are part of HD standards....basically going in order from $hitty to best is :

480i (reg TV) ------ 480p (progressive scan) ------ 720p (HD) ----- 1080i (HD) ----- 1080p (the future)

astrofan428
I have my hopes up that it may be digital where I go, I got my ticket out of the touch screen machine they have. It is showing in like 5 or 6 screens, all but one screen either had a stairs logo or no logo at all. But auditorium 1 had a THX logo on it, which is where I am seeing it.

Does that mean it could be digital?

Darth_Vader05
I would have liked to see a pole thread on this one better luck next time i guess.

tlbauerle
I'll start a poll...all those in favor, say aye....

Lazerlike42
um.... aye?

jon84
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I'll start a poll...all those in favor, say aye....

Aye! wink

or just tell the mods to add a poll in this thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.