Kylie Minogue has Breast Cancer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

smoker4
Not a fan by any means but it just shows how common it is, my mother is in remission and my grandmother died of it....

1 in 9 women in the UK sad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4554035.stm

pr1983
Originally posted by smoker4
Not a fan by any means but it just shows how common it is, my mother is in remission and my grandmother died of it....

1 in 9 women in the UK sad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4554035.stm

yeah... shame... more needs to be done to help these women...

lil bitchiness
Damn.

Im really paranoid about breast cancer. I do check myself every month or so, properly.

Alpha Centauri
Can't say I'm a fan at all of her music but for someone as in great shape as she is for her age, it is terrible.

Terrible for anyone really, but it happens.

-AC

Fionnuala
It's very shocking for someone her age...poor woman..I hope she beats it.

Alpha Centauri
Anastacia did, I'm sure Kylie will.

-AC

Fionnuala
Yes hopefully..she must be scared..I know I would be..it's bad enough when someone close to you has it..I can't imagine what it must be like to actually contract it..

Alpha Centauri
It's horrid to contract cancer, possible cancer or anything like.

I know from first hand experience.

Kylie is a rich woman, so she's gonna be on no waiting list to get it cut out AND it was caught early. I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

-AC

Fionnuala
Did you have cancer?

True..there are people far wrose off..and besided the survival rate is some much better now..

Alpha Centauri
Not to mention there are advances every day. I read an article in The Guardian that said something about a test/procedure that ends cervical cancer.

With regards to your first question, yes. I think my post was a big enough hint. I got a lucky escape thanks to awareness, but I'd rather not go back over it. It's past and I'll keep it there.

-AC

Fire
Originally posted by pr1983
yeah... shame... more needs to be done to help these women...

all to true

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Not to mention there are advances every day. I read an article in The Guardian that said something about a test/procedure that ends cervical cancer.

With regards to your first question, yes. I think my post was a big enough hint. I got a lucky escape thanks to awareness, but I'd rather not go back over it. It's past and I'll keep it there.

-AC

Sorry..

Alpha Centauri
Don't be.

I'm still here. Which is exactly why I don't concentrate on almost not being. Although like I said, got a lucky escape and I wasn't in any real danger. Was just attesting to the fact that it feels rather lame to be told that.

"Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing" as the good reverend says.

-AC

Clovie
Originally posted by Fionnuala
It's very shocking for someone her age...poor woman..I hope she beats it. her age? confused
though she doesn't look like it, she is quite old already...

and that's really sad..but as far as i know..
when the woman is having right treatment and it is noticed soon enough, the chances of getting rid of it are rather big.

Alpha Centauri
She's near 40, looks about 20.

Then again, Calista Flockheart is 41 this year. She looks like a school girl.

-AC

Fionnuala
Don't be.

I'm still here. Which is exactly why I don't concentrate on almost not being. Although like I said, got a lucky escape and I wasn't in any real danger. Was just attesting to the fact that it feels rather lame to be told that.

"Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing" as the good reverend says.

-AC

I said it more out of surprise becuase I have spoken to three people on here in the last day about them having/had cancer..

I'm glad you are cured and have such a positive view on it..

Fire
yea sometimes you start to wonder wether its all natural

Clovie
She's near 40, looks about 20.

Then again, Calista Flockheart is 41 this year. She looks like a school girl.

-AC only 40? blink but she was performing already when i was born blink i thoguht she's older.

and abotu calisa i thoguht she's younger..but it explains why she is/was with harrison ford confused

yerssot
to be exact she's 37, no?

anyway:
I always hugely dislike this kind of "newsitems", no... I detest them!
Why the heck is this news? why focus on this? ok, she had to cancel her show in Australia, a point there how small it is ...

Why not for a change focus on the importance to get regular check-ups? why not focus on what you have to go through if you are diagnosed with this?
But well, guess telling the world someone is sick/dying is always more fun and better selling than focusing on prevention and cures

Clovie
yerss... have you read the first post?

yerssot
yup, and I aimed my post at the media, not posters here

Clovie
Originally posted by yerssot
yup, and I aimed my post at the media, not posters here okay. got it now.

and what i like here is that there is not an infos about some celebs being ill/getting divorced and so on here
we are getting info about actions for free checks-up instead

Fionnuala
I think it is good if it helps raise awareness of the disease and the need for regualr check-ups etc as you said..

hayden's minx
If you're in the UK - do the run for life breast cancer thing. Well I think it's for any cancer. Where I live; my mother's friend was diagnosed a couple of years ago, so I started doing it then, but now my friends are involved too - one of my close friends was diagnosed with cancer at 14. It was really shocking.
I know this soundsbad - but they make a fuss when Kylie Minogue gets breast cancer - and yes - it is bad, but people are diagnosed and die of it everyday. i don't know why but this has sort of pissed me off.

smoker4
thumb up yes

Articles like this can only help spread awareness, so in a strange way the media is helping for a change, sorry if i bummed anyone out no expression

yerssot
I think it is good if it helps raise awareness of the disease and the need for regualr check-ups etc as you said..
but overhere they focus more on her career and the cancellation of the tour, just not that women have to go to check-ups which should be the mainpoint here

hayden's minx
Yeah I agree with yerssot - they're bringing more attention to the issue - but not for the right thing.

Fionnuala
Originally posted by yerssot
but overhere they focus more on her career and the cancellation of the tour, just not that women have to go to check-ups which should be the mainpoint here

It is a shame if they are doing it..it should be used as an oppurtunity to help people rather than advertise her career..

smoker4
It is a shame if they are doing it..it should be used as an oppurtunity to help people rather than advertise her career..

smile yes

WindDancer
Never heard of this Lady before. But indeed this is tragic news for her. This is something hard for her and her family and of course her fans.

Alpha Centauri
What......in the hell?

You've never heard of Kylie Minogue?

-AC

Clovie
^ i second that.

i live at the end of the world and i've heard of her blink

WindDancer
What......in the hell?

You've never heard of Kylie Minogue?

-AC

No

Alpha Centauri
Whoa, very surprised.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I've never heard of her but that sucks.. seems like everyones getting cancer these days.

shaber
I know someone who had it sad

lil bitchiness
America is No-Kyle ground it seems...

Sadako of Girth
She definitely charted high in the US with "I can't you out of my head"
(If that helps....)

Afro Cheese
Nope.. doesn't ring a bell.

Clovie
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Nope.. doesn't ring a bell. her biggest and most song is that old one..
"i should be so lucky..lucky lucky lucky..i should be so lucky..."and so on.. erm

BackFire
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
America is No-Kyle ground it seems...

Nah, I've heard of Kylie Monogue, live like 30 mintues away from WD, he's just not paying attention. stick out tongue

Anyways, that's a shame she has breast cancer, hopefully she'll be alright.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed... yes

Curl_Up&Dye
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Damn.

Im really paranoid about breast cancer. I do check myself every month or so, properly.

i think thats how often you are supposed to check. i dont remember for sure, but you have good reason to be afraid of it.

olivia newton john (sandy from the movie "grease"wink had one of her breasts removed because of cancer.

im afraid of something like that happening, but im not sure if thats an extreme case or not. either way, going to the beach must be a bummer. jk jk jk.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Clovie
her biggest and most song is that old one..
"i should be so lucky..lucky lucky lucky..i should be so lucky..."and so on.. erm I almost never watch MTV or listen to the radio so that's probably why I don't know her.

Curl_Up&Dye
didnt kylie minogue win like 'best bum' or something like that awhile back? i remember hearing that there was going to be a statue built in honor of her bum in some kind of public plaza.

am i remembering this right? because it was a few years ago

hayden's minx
her music is an acquired taste wink but damn catchy.

smoker4
Yeah she did win best bum smile

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
didnt kylie minogue win like 'best bum' or something like that awhile back? i remember hearing that there was going to be a statue built in honor of her bum in some kind of public plaza.

am i remembering this right? because it was a few years ago

Thats correct... "Rear of the year" she won I think a few times...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.