Luke and the balance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Elmo
If it was Anakins job to bring ballance to the force, and the Luke starts up a Jedi Acadamy, wouldn't that "unbalance" the force, srewing up thousands of years of star wars history?

Would someone explain me the logic in Luke doing this?
confused

Grand Moff Gav
i think anikan brought ballance to the force by fathering Luke,perhaps if like was evil and leia was good the force would be complety ballenced but that didnt happen

Fishy
He thought it sounded cool

Imagine coming to a party and being introduced now here's how it could go

I present you Luke a farmboy who used to have a lightsaber

or

I present to you Luke, Master of the Jedi Academy and the New Jedi Order, Slayer of the Emperor and destroyer of the Empire.

Now which one sounds cooler?

Thats what Luke thought too

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
i think anikan brought ballance to the force by fathering Luke,perhaps if like was evil and leia was good the force would be complety ballenced but that didnt happen

mines better

presenting Grand Viceroy of the Trade Federation, Grand Moff Of the Galactic Empire his excilency Grand Moff Gavin Scott

Fishy
Nah, mine sounds more like Luke...

Actually I just think Luke did what he thought was the best thing to do... Or the authors of the book made Luke do the thing they though was the best thing for Luke to do...

Grand Moff Gav
i dont think the writers of the book knew

Vanquish
Also, many people such as myself believe that "balance to the force" doesn't actually imply the dictionary definition of balance. It doesn't have to be an equal number of good and evil. I personally believe GL just meant that "bringing balance to the force" simply implies that Anakin will destroy the Sith. He does that at the end of ROTJ, and brings an end to the Sith.

Luke doesn't subsiquently bring the rise of new Sith Lords, so by training new Jedi, he doesn't actually change that Balance that Anakin brought along. He just revives the Jedi's.

Darth Revan33
Slightly off subject, but what's the big deal about the chosen one bringing balance to the Force? Obi kills Maul and Luke turns Vader so essentially they did the same thing Anakin did except he did it to an older (yet stronger) Sith lord. (Please no EP. III spoilers either)

Darth Elmo
In regards to Vanguish, I would like to point out that in MANY of the books there are Sith Lords. ect... so all I am saying is the books provide MANY inconsistancies against the movies.
I do have to agree that Luke dosen't directly raise the Sith back.

Darth_Janus
The balance Gl refers to is about good being harmonious and evil being chaotic and destructive. Thus, for balance to exist, evil must be stamped out. Therefore, in that vein, so long as Luke's New Jedi Order isn't corrupt morally, the balance is saved at least on that end. However, evil must always exist. And in that I find GL's idea of achieving balance to be a bit.... hard to accept. Evil is one of the things we use to determine what good is, as in "Good is all that is not evil" kinda... If evil were to disappear, or even for the Sith to totally disappear, it would be impossible. And even if the Sith themselves were gone forever, another would rise to take their place. That is balance, one side checking the other, and back and forth. The idea of achieving balance and harmony by destroying an evil Force using order isn't really all it's cracked up to be. It's a band-aid in a universe where light and dark tug on everyone's strings.

Fishy
I think you are wrong there Janus..

Balance wasn't achieved by the destruction of the Sith, it was realised by the destruction of the Sith and the Jedi.

The reason why the Sith were responsible for the unbalance was because they were the people that were gone, they went into hiding, they went away like cowards. No civilization can prosper without wars, without something to test itself by. A country gets corrupt and weak if it has nothing like that. If nothing unites the people pretty much everybody knows that, the republic became a worthless thing because the Sith were gone. The Jedi became weak and bored because the Sith were gone.

Then the Sith returned and the Jedi weren't ready... All the Jedi except for two died and two sith remained. Then Luke came along and caused the dead of three of the four. Yoda died naturally. No more Jedi no More sith... Balance

And before you say wasn't luke a Jedi? No I personally do not think Luke was on the lightside by the end of ROTJ... Luke just realised what had to be done and did it, refusing to go over to the dark side, but that doesn't make you light. And Luke was far from a fully trained Jedi

SithKiller
well in SW universe what GL says goes I guess....but otherwise I agree mostly with Fishy mostly....the old jedi ways had to go away too not just the sith...Oh and Luke was a jedi knight declared by Yoda if he faced Daddy again...he did so it became official......but I just thought of something....that means for a day or two there were NO jedi at all? Just an apprentice awaiting his last trial......not that it matters though....actually it was only what 45 minutes or so of no jedi...lol

Fishy
There weren't any Jedi for a long time, and Yoda did say Luke would become a Jedi if he faced Vader, but there is a huge difference between a Jedi and a light side follower, i guess I formulated it wrong.

Besides with the end of Yoda and Sidious both the ancient Jedi and the ancient Sith dissapeared for good. Nothing of them remained, just one untrained boy that doesn't know enough about the Jedi or the Sith to be any of them. He is just himself

Mark Jade
Anikin was never confirmed as the chosen one was he. If he was he managed to destroy most of the light sided jedi and ended the Sith this brought the force into balance. no? If not then Luke was the chosen one and managed to bring the force into balance by reforming the jedi academy and producing new order jedi's

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Fishy
There weren't any Jedi for a long time, and Yoda did say Luke would become a Jedi if he faced Vader, but there is a huge difference between a Jedi and a light side follower, i guess I formulated it wrong.

Besides with the end of Yoda and Sidious both the ancient Jedi and the ancient Sith dissapeared for good. Nothing of them remained, just one untrained boy that doesn't know enough about the Jedi or the Sith to be any of them. He is just himself

Yoda declares him a Jedi, Lucas declares him a Jedi, so he IS a Jedi. Besides, if he didn't know anything about them than how did his power increase so drastically by NJO without a master? How did he create a Jedi Acadmey and train Jedi if he didn't know anything about them and got no additional training?

Darth Ridah
I think moff had a great idea up top, that would be simply pimp, if luke trained leia, & she turned to the dark side..... would be interesting to see how it turned out.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
Yoda declares him a Jedi, Lucas declares him a Jedi, so he IS a Jedi. Besides, if he didn't know anything about them than how did his power increase so drastically by NJO without a master? How did he create a Jedi Acadmey and train Jedi if he didn't know anything about them and got no additional training?

Because NJO are a bunch of books...

And where did I say he didn't know anything? He just didn't have the knowledge of the ancient sith or Jedi, did you ever see Yoda teaching him that or any evidence that he learned that? As a Jedi he was very weak wasn't he? After the dead of Vader Luke was nothing... Maybe he was called a Jedi but I think we can all agree that he isn't all that powerful by that movie, so there were no really powerful force users alive anymore either. Just a few with potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.