Stupid bad reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Surely you guys have been reading the reviews.

But have you guys noticed that the bad reviews have mainly been from people that:

1. Not interested in Star Wars and all, and never understood it.

2. Enjoyed them but have only seen the orignal trilogy a couple of times, and only saw the last 2 once or twice.

3. Overly obsessive Star Wars nerds who think there ideas were better.

4. People who think they are too mature for a film like this

5. Old fogies still trying to recapture that "old feeling" which is impossible because they have become too snobbish and cynical in their old age.

Mainly their reviews are really superficial, and whats up with this:

"Sith" is the longest "Star Wars" episode, its running time augmented with subplots involving younger versions of well-known characters like Chewbacca and Boba Fett. These cameos are of little use beyond nostalgia and demonstrate how the filmmaker's reverence for his own creations has clouded his judgment as a storyteller.

yodafan
Yep I agree.

Whisper
Pooey to these guys who gave the bad reviews. Real Star Wars fans love the prequels because they understand what Lucas is trying to achieve and the story he is trying to tell. The true Star Wars fans will be blown away by ROTS.

TheElectricFox
Yeah some people are way to overly critical of movies. Why cant someone just go see a movie like SW just for the action or fighting. Thats why my dad likes it, considering he doesnt give a rats ass about the story.

DarkYoda
Ding Ding Ding Ding eek!

We have a winner.

I completely agree. I am especially annoyed by those that are so arrogant that they think their own ideas are so much better.

Whisper
God bless George Lucas, Star Wars and all the real Star Wars fans around the world.

theshakl
also some of these people are dissing the hype...they see hype for the movie...and since they aren't part of the hype..they diss them

Texansfan05
I think Star Wars is amazing and I don't need a critic to tell me what's good and what's not.

Darth_Vader05
So the point of this thread is what!?

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
So the point of this thread is what!? to talk about Stupid bad reviews

Anakin_20
I totally agree. Ur opinion is what matters. Your eyes and ears are the judge when u see the movie not the Critic's. Don't pay attention to them, enjoy the movie for its worth. Don't let them get to you.

hunchy
Originally posted by Whisper
Pooey to these guys who gave the bad reviews. Real Star Wars fans love the prequels because they understand what Lucas is trying to achieve and the story he is trying to tell. The true Star Wars fans will be blown away by ROTS.

What a load of shit. Just cuz you cant take negative reviews of a film you like, doesnt mean everyone has to like the film. I think Revenge of the Sith will be good, but that doesnt mean people aren't entitled not to like it. I mean, I think the first two were okay, but nothing great, and actually buddy...if you wanna go by who a true star wars fan is, its the OT fans....most people who rave about and love the prequels are new fans. I'm sick of hearing this.

Originally posted by Texansfan05
I think Star Wars is amazing and I don't need a critic to tell me what's good and what's not.

And as for this guy, thats cool, however a critic is supposed to write how they liked the movie...they aren't trying to say don't like it or like it. Everyone has their own opinions, which a real critic is supposed to write about.

Texansfan05
I understand the job of a critic hunchy but like I said it's my opinion about a film that matter's most to me and not somebody else's.

hunchy
Understandable. I mean its not that I trust other critics tastes always on anything. But I'll find a critic I generally agree with, and then read his reviews.

Texansfan05
I'll sometimes do the same thing I read reviews but I won't always 100% rely on them but review's from critics can be helpful if you trust the critic. I find they can also be helpful if it's a movie I'm not sure about seeing.

OB1-adobe
Oh yeah:

Another one,

6. People who are just purposfuly being an dick and write a review just to piss people off.

OB1-adobe
EDIT

hunchy
Originally posted by Texansfan05
I'll sometimes do the same thing I read reviews but I won't always 100% rely on them but review's from critics can be helpful if you trust the critic. I find they can also be helpful if it's a movie I'm not sure about seeing.

Exactly. I agree.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Good analysis Adobe!
My thoughts exactly.....
When I read some magazines, the reviewers/critics always seem to think their jokes about the movie are sooooo funny.....
Actually IT IS funny, they're just frustrated, because when they return home they've got nothing to say...like their husband/wife is the BOSS.
They're the real homejerkers...drowning in their own missery!

Mulletman262
J.M FcThumbs-Up=Hey, don't make fun of people who drown in misery!

*Runs to room and cries*

Whisper
Originally posted by hunchy
and actually buddy...if you wanna go by who a true star wars fan is, its the OT fans....most people who rave about and love the prequels are new fans. Now THAT'S the biggest load of shit I've read so far.

Red Superfly
People are entitled to not like the movie, as long as they back up their reasons properly.

However, most of the time, the bad reviews have been by complete dumbasses.

Most bad reviews are from idiotic, pompous fools who glorify their reviews with attempted wit and sarcasm, only to look completely out of their depth when they say things like "The lightsaber fights are great but apart from that the movie sucks".

Why do critics think that Star Wars fans only want to see the lightsaber fights? Why are the lightsaber fights considerred as the number one reason to see it? Since when? I'm so sick of these ignorant assumptions made by so-called movie-gurus who have obviously not even seen the Original Trilogy, which is considerred as arguably the greatest movie series of all time.

I only consider a critic to have a legit opinion when they have a good understanding of Star Wars in general. I mean, it's only the most important set of movies ever made, you'd expect even the n00biest critic to have a good knowledge of Star Wars and it's mythos.

jedi2187

jon84
I found another one... teh b*****d! he gave ROTS 1/5 stars.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Guardian_Film_of_the_week/0,4267,1482359,00.html

queeq
Hey, I'm a loyal SW fan and have been for 28 years. But I don't think too highly of TPM and AOTC, they are not great films. I hope ROTS is, we need one by now. I will always love SW, but that doesn't mean they are flawless (with the likely exception of ESB wink ), and we can be critical.

putin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.