Nintendo Revolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Nobody made this thread yet....I think.....so. Discuss.

Got some pictures. Looks very cool. I dig the small size. A little disappointed with the design. It just looks like a black modem or case. I wish they has shown the controller too.

Draco69
More.

Draco69
smile

Smasandian
It looks much better than GC thats for sure.
I also dig the small size.

JToTheP
It looks pretty cool, I like how the companies completely changed the look of each console. Though the Ps3 controller looks uncomfortable to hold.

Draco69
The PS3 controller DOES look uncomfortable to hold but we'll see how it operates. I like the new look on all of them though. I just wish that the Revolution was a little more....I don't know snazzy. I just looks like a plain black box. But I definitely like the size.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Draco69
The PS3 controller DOES look uncomfortable to hold but we'll see how it operates. I like the new look on all of them though. I just wish that the Revolution was a little more....I don't know snazzy. I just looks like a plain black box. But I definitely like the size.

I'm sure Nintendo will do more to it then tack their logo on it...or I hope so...:/

General Kaliero
Is that the finished version? Cuz the one that Iwata-san pulled out at the press conference, he said the final would be even smaller than that.

Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that you'll be able to download practically the entire Nintendo game library for the Revolution. N 64, SNES, NES... It's like having all of Nintendo in one box.

JToTheP
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that you'll be able to download practically the entire Nintendo game library for the Revolution. N 64, SNES, NES... It's like having all of Nintendo in one box.

Link please!? eek!

General Kaliero
Iwata-san talked about it during the press conference this morning. You should be able to get video of the conference on IGN or Gamespot. Or it'll most likely be on G4 later tonight.

Anyway, he said that via the Revolution's built-in wi-fi capabilities (yay!) players will be able to download games from the N64, SNES, and NES. He also said that Nintendo is contemplating making the downloads for their library of first party games free, meaning you can get all the old nintendo-produced favorites like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda for just buying the console.

Doctor Strange
I'm wondering why there's no jack for a plug or controllers(Yes, I know they're wireless)

Tex
They should've gone with a silver color, black is SO 90s.

Draco69
I noticed that. I'm guessing silver is the next generation color for electronics.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Itawa-san even said that thats not the final color and wants us to decide.
Check out the press confrence if you want http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Draco69
It had better not be purple....

Tex
Have you guys seen the press conference for the PS3? Amazing. I wonder how Nintendo will stack up. XBox360 doesn't stand a chance.

sith_darth_jay
looks like a car stereo no expression

...now that i've seen the oficial photos for each console... i still think they're fan made no expression

Tex
The controller I understand is supposed to be extra special. Touch pad?

cal31
Best looking console of the next gens.

Delta 62
I do not want a touch pad on a console. It was cool on a handheld, but not a console. And remember this - they did the same thing with the DS; it was rather plain looking in appearance at first, and then they snazzed it up.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Iwata-san talked about it during the press conference this morning. You should be able to get video of the conference on IGN or Gamespot. Or it'll most likely be on G4 later tonight.

Anyway, he said that via the Revolution's built-in wi-fi capabilities (yay!) players will be able to download games from the N64, SNES, and NES. He also said that Nintendo is contemplating making the downloads for their library of first party games free, meaning you can get all the old nintendo-produced favorites like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda for just buying the console.

I've been doing this for ages with emulators on my PC. The novelty wears off VERY quickly. They are good to go back to on the odd occasion though.

hotsauce6548
YAY! It's a... um... black box. confused

General Kaliero
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've been doing this for ages with emulators on my PC. The novelty wears off VERY quickly. They are good to go back to on the odd occasion though.

But you see, the amazing thing here is that getting all those games through the Revolution is actually LEGAL.

Scary thought, isn't it? stick out tongue

TX!
yea but thats cool i think that you'll be able to go back to the golden days where you had super mario brothers and the original zelda

dAngEr_Is_gO!
But you see, the amazing thing here is that getting all those games through the Revolution is actually LEGAL.

Scary thought, isn't it? stick out tongue

It's funny I never even thought about that. That's what happens when you start down the path of the common criminal stick out tongue

TX!
lol guess so

General Kaliero
The other thing this makes me wonder is if Nintendo might start translating some of their older games that never got over here.

Just imagine... The entire Fire Emblem series... and Tales of Phantasia properly translated! *drools*

TX!
probally will

Tex
Are they going to show any actual graphics during E3? I dont think they have any.

Should've just sat out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Tex
Are they going to show any actual graphics during E3? I dont think they have any.

Should've just sat out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

True...

No graphics were shown at all. Hell, the X-Box 360 has playable demos.

Nintendo doesn't have many fans at E3 this year I am told, they didn't impress.

The console looks like a PS2 in a way. erm

Smasandian
Of course Xbox 360 has playable demo's. Its coming out in about 4-5 months while Nintendo's is 2006.

SaTsuJiN
well I think its interesting for nintendo to stick to their guns and not try to be like "Oh mah god, my system is better than yourz n shit... *shows graph* omg.. yeah.. we own sony and microsoft according to 'our' charts..." (sound familiar?.. check the ps3 conference vid roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I am however expecting something impressive when they 'do' have the time for a new console.. (I have heard that the revolution is merely a prototype)

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
(I have heard that the revolution is merely a prototype)

They're ALL prototypes at E3 right now.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
True...

No graphics were shown at all. Hell, the X-Box 360 has playable demos.

Nintendo doesn't have many fans at E3 this year I am told, they didn't impress.

The console looks like a PS2 in a way. erm

Your just a straight up hater aren't you? First you hate Zelda:Twilight Princess, which is ridiculous unless your a complete moron, or a Final Fantasy fanboy. Now your out to say Nintendo didn't impress at E3, and how does Revolution look like a Ps2, when it's so f***in small, and has 6 different colors for the Prototype?

Mistah DEVIL
I am so getting this and a ps3

Smasandian
It's an interesting idea that Nintendo is aiming for the second place console title while MS and Sony are budding heads.
Its pretty obvious that Nintendo's console will be much cheaper than the other two.
They're is no way that they can compete with the other two in top spot unless the other systems are complete shit.

Ken Kenobi
They wouldn't have to worry about getting second place if they would just put their all into the system. Looking at it, I can see they could have made it much better. It doesn't seem as powerful as it could be.

Zen2nd
I very much doubt that you will be able to download the games for free.

Thats a very fanboyish quote you have just said

Ken Kenobi
Yes, that quote is terrible.

PS3 and X-Box 360 both look awesome. I can't wait.

I think I'll pass on the NR though.

Mistah DEVIL
Mario? Zelda? Metroid? (although I hate pokemon) even Pokemon will sell NR.

Ken Kenobi
I wasn't impressed with Mario Sunshine, I love the older ones, even Mario 64, but the series is getting old and boring.

Zelda is great, but like I said in another thread, the new ones don't impress me either.

Metroid, never played it.

General Kaliero
I think at this point, Nintendo knows that they can't compete with the PS3 this cycle. However, they have to give something to the people who spent a lotta money to come see them.

Nintendo has always been about giving the gamers good games for less money. But they are always overcautious about trying new things, and I really think that's hurt them recently with the GC and now with the Revolution. They were hesitant to try internet, and now that it obviously works, they're getting in a bit late. Now they don't have the best graphics they could (or else they'd have shown more than one demo for it) and I really think they'll fail compared to the PS3.

The only draw I've seen so far that makes me want a Revolution is the download library of past Nintendo games. That and the fact that Zelda and Metroid will always be worth buying.

Mistah DEVIL
I think at this point, Nintendo knows that they can't compete with the PS3 this cycle. However, they have to give something to the people who spent a lotta money to come see them.

Nintendo has always been about giving the gamers good games for less money. But they are always overcautious about trying new things, and I really think that's hurt them recently with the GC and now with the Revolution. They were hesitant to try internet, and now that it obviously works, they're getting in a bit late. Now they don't have the best graphics they could (or else they'd have shown more than one demo for it) and I really think they'll fail compared to the PS3.

The only draw I've seen so far that makes me want a Revolution is the download library of past Nintendo games. That and the fact that Zelda and Metroid will always be worth buying.
I agree

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by JToTheP
They're ALL prototypes at E3 right now.

k.. put it this way... microsoft n sony had demos because their systems are finalized..demos were created with the finished and boxed chipset.. maybe a few tweaks will occur (socket placement, power inputs etc) but overall their system is done.. nintendo's however may still require huge reworking.. thats what I mean by prototype

JToTheP
k.. put it this way... microsoft n sony had demos because their systems are finalized..demos were created with the finished and boxed chipset.. maybe a few tweaks will occur (socket placement, power inputs etc) but overall their system is done.. nintendo's however may still require huge reworking.. thats what I mean by prototype

I doubt Nintendo's will require huge reworking, there could be plenty of reasons why they didn't have demos to show, who knows. Nintendo may even be the last console out, and could throw out demos at the next E3 for all we know.

cal31
k.. put it this way... microsoft n sony had demos because their systems are finalized..demos were created with the finished and boxed chipset.. maybe a few tweaks will occur (socket placement, power inputs etc) but overall their system is done.. nintendo's however may still require huge reworking.. thats what I mean by prototype Wrong, all the devs. and Microsoft execs. said that the games shown for the 360 were only running on Alpha kits at 30 percent of the full capability of the system.

ragesRemorse
being able to play every game from every nintendo system is cool and would convince a purchase from me, as long as the price tag is 200$. Nintendo asking anymore than $200 would be very un reasonable.

AdventChild
I'm a final fantasy fan boy wats wrong with that!? lol and i never really played any zelda games... maybe i should try them since everyone likes them so much...

JToTheP
Originally posted by cal31
Wrong, all the devs. and Microsoft execs. said that the games shown for the 360 were only running on Alpha kits at 30 percent of the full capability of the system.

I would hope so, since Full Auto looks EXACTLY like an XBox game.

SaTsuJiN
Wrong, all the devs. and Microsoft execs. said that the games shown for the 360 were only running on Alpha kits at 30 percent of the full capability of the system. lmao.. yeah.. they're gonna get 100% within the year.. /laugh /sarcasm...

30% is total horseshit.. they were most likely running at 70 to 80%
but again.. you're one of those bite the bait types... "Oh just cuz the devs said so!" ... BS... smile

cal31
lmao.. yeah.. they're gonna get 100% within the year.. /laugh /sarcasm...

30% is total horseshit.. they were most likely running at 70 to 80%
but again.. you're one of those bite the bait types... "Oh just cuz the devs said so!" ... BS... smile If you would actually know your facts, you would know then that the same thing happened with the first Halo in 2001 at E3, where the game ran horribly and looked like crap during E3 because it was running on a early kit, but it obviously turned out ok. Don't go running off at the mouth before you get your facts straight.

SaTsuJiN
If you would actually know your facts, you would know then that the same thing happened with the first Halo in 2001 at E3, where the game ran horribly and looked like crap during E3 because it was running on a early kit, but it obviously turned out ok. Don't go running off at the mouth before you get your facts straight. its E3.. there are no 'facts'.. there is information you are 'allowed' to know.. those are two different things.. so I would expect you not to run 'your' mouth.. they're just conducting business.. they dont need your advocation

cal31
its E3.. there are no 'facts'.. there is information you are 'allowed' to know.. those are two different things.. so I would expect you not to run 'your' mouth.. they're just conducting business.. they dont need your advocation So if there are no "facts", why the hell are you jumping to conclusions that the 360 games will look just as they do now and criticising things that are even the final product? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SaTsuJiN
70 to 80% is obviously a far cry from 100%.. so you're already making a silly jab for no reason.. if you have your opinion thats fine.. forums are for discussion.. if you feel you're totally filled in and get personal emails from all the companies about all their secret plans.. congratulations!.. but for the rest of us on earth.. well Im sure its healthier to be skeptical

Zen2nd
You'll be glad to hear a reworked version of 11is being made for the Xbox360 and 12 will also being coming out on it too

SaTsuJiN
lol.. from that trailer I saw the graphics were identical to PC.. (which uses low end ps2 textures)... but hopefully square wont be lazy and forgo the revamping of ffxi

AdventChild
Originally posted by Zen2nd
You'll be glad to hear a reworked version of 11is being made for the Xbox360 and 12 will also being coming out on it too

THAT REALLY MADE MY DAY.... And when i meant fanboy i meant fangirl..... I'm a chick... My brother used to use this name but found another forum he likes so yea!! i'm goin to change everything! FF: RULES!
big grin Happy Dance

SaTsuJiN
I wanna see the revolution controller erm

General Kaliero
It damn well better not be a touchpad. But I think Nintendo knows they would lose people if they did that.

Maybe a throwback to the old NES controllers? stick out tongue

ZomBiE_HunTER
We going to see or hear anything until the end of the year. sad sad

Smasandian
Hey, thats better than next year.

I dont know what all the complaining is about concerning Nintendo's lack of info. They probably dont have anything that would WOW people. Its much better than having people come out feeling cheated.

ZomBiE_HunTER
The BWC WOW me BIG TIME!!

SaTsuJiN
Imagine if nintendo gave everyone a lil baggie with a red pill in it... O_O...

((The_Anomaly))
1) i love the look of the revolution, its by far the best looking of all 3
2) the fact that you can play GC games on it is sweet
3) the entire NES, SNES, and N64 library is amazing! and a very good idea from nintendo
4) its gonna have amazing games anyways, zelda, metroid, the obvious
5) its wi-fi out of the box!

the only thing im still weirded out with is the rumours with the controller....

i wish they would show it to us...

ZomBiE_HunTER
Your wish will come true by the end of the year because they're going to give all the info we need to know about the Revolution.

Draco69
bump

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The design reminds me of the cartridge for my car CD stacker, i.e bloody boring. I'm sure they'll spruce it up before release but thank God consoles aren't judged on looks alone. I don't see why everyone is so hung up on size, unless you live in a shoebox even the most mammoth console like the Xbox doesn't take up that much room.

Smasandian
Boring?

How can it be boring. Looks like crap would be a better answer.

Its slick and to the point.
It looks like a modem, but atleast some console to it.
The new XBOX looks like a computer, literally.

Myth
I don't see why anybody thinks it looks bad. It looks more futuristic with the smooth black panels.

Anyway, so far the only thing that makes me think it could be worth a damn is the nintendo library thing. But we'll wait to see what games are actually like before making any decisions. I'm affraid I'll have to buy 2 systems this year. Not sure which ones they will be.

Emma718
it looks pretty good..if it was silver than it would look awesome

Smodden
Originally posted by Tex
They should've gone with a silver color, black is SO 90s.

ah, but the look of tomorow is the look of the 90s...shifty

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
The design reminds me of the cartridge for my car CD stacker, i.e bloody boring. I'm sure they'll spruce it up before release but thank God consoles aren't judged on looks alone.

At least im not the only person in this world who doesnt like it, where i live i seem to be the only one who thinks its not the best looking of the 3, in my opinion, pout of the 3 looks wise i would place the revolution last, but as danger said, thank god there not judged on looks.

It reminds me of an old VHS tape box

linkslittlehelp
it looks wierd

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its still a prototype.

Red Superfly
What's wrong with the design?

It by far looks like the most futuristic comparred to the other two.

PS3 looks like a bread bin with Spider-Man lettering amaterishly placed on the top while XBox 360 looks bland in comparison.

I mean, I like all 3, but if we're picking faults with the Revolution, we can pick more with the other two.

Morridini
Man this sounds fantastic. Any info on the release date (I have only read page 1, I'll read the rest some other time)?

Do the possibility to download all Nintendo games mean that we can play GoldenEye at Revolutions?

Melani
kissespokey

Phoenix Aska
there is no release date yet...but it's for sure not coming out well into next year

kier14matrix
A quote by US boss Reggie Fils-Aime "Think about it, you will be able to download all of your favourite games from NES, Super NES and N64. Each of those controllers are different. How are you gonna' play?"

This shows that the Revolution controller is going to be completely different and maybe have aspects from all the older console controllers combined into the Revolution controller to create one breath-taking controller. Ooooo i'm so excited! :-D

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by kier14matrix
A quote by US boss Reggie Fils-Aime "Think about it, you will be able to download all of your favourite games from NES, Super NES and N64. Each of those controllers are different. How are you gonna' play?"

This shows that the Revolution controller is going to be completely different and maybe have aspects from all the older console controllers combined into the Revolution controller to create one breath-taking controller. Ooooo i'm so excited! :-D

Wouldn't that make for a... I don't know... confusing controller? erm

Unless they made on where you could, like, switch it all around and transform it, or something... confused

kier14matrix
Well you never know.

MrBones
i'm just sad that RE will no longer be on Gamecube...

Burner
The revolution is and will be my favorite of all these upcoming systems.

xbox360 will get the customers it needs because of PGR3, Halo3, the controller, and xbox live (i'm one of em)
PS3 will be the best system and i'll have to consider it for GT5, GTA4 series, SOCOM series, and Killzone series
Nintendo's new system sounds sweet because of it's ability to play every nintendo game ever, but nintendo has just lost it's appeal...they need a miracle if they intend to beat out sony or microsoft

Burner
Originally posted by 113
xbox360 will get the customers it needs because of PGR3, Halo3, the controller, and xbox live (i'm one of em)
PS3 will be the best system and i'll have to consider it for GT5, GTA4 series, SOCOM series, and Killzone series
Nintendo's new system sounds sweet because of it's ability to play every nintendo game ever, but nintendo has just lost it's appeal...they need a miracle if they intend to beat out sony or microsoft

Umm sorry man, that is what was said about Gamecube and it is still the number one system. There is more nintendo fans than Microsoft or Sony fans. Plus it will most definately be cheaper than the competition which will surely be way overpriced.

kier14matrix

powerfulone1987
I would of kind of identified with the person who said how Gamecube might have to struggle to stay in the game. (Pun unintended)

But when you put it like that kier14matrix, I am a believer. Especially when it comes to SuperSmashBrothers.

kier14matrix
smile

I still think nintendo has lost it's appeal to millions of fans...personally i don't know anyone who would buy a system for supersmashbros, pokemon, or starfox....and all those titles were on nintendo 64...all nintendo is doing is recycling the same games..sure every system does that but i have yet to see a really original game/series that's very successul be released for gamecube or ds......the best thing nintendo had and will ever has is Mario...but even the great Mario can't still compete with all the new titles popping up for PS3 and Xbox.

Arbiter
Tales of Symphonia

Burner
Originally posted by 113
I still think nintendo has lost it's appeal to millions of fans...personally i don't know anyone who would buy a system for supersmashbros, pokemon, or starfox....and all those titles were on nintendo 64...all nintendo is doing is recycling the same games..sure every system does that but i have yet to see a really original game/series that's very successul be released for gamecube or ds......the best thing nintendo had and will ever has is Mario...but even the great Mario can't still compete with all the new titles popping up for PS3 and Xbox.

Umm if a new Mario game comes out it will rack up the buys, its Mario everyone likes mario.

Yeah i LOVE Mario, but the best of Mario's days are in the past with the first 3 games...No Mario has ever been able to compete with the original..the original mario was and is the single best game nintendo has ever come up with and in my opinion the best videogame ever made but with that said i still believe nintendo isn't popping out great hardware or software anymore..at least not stuff that appeals to the general populous...maybe nintendo's problem is it's marketing strategy..who knows

Burner
Originally posted by 113
Yeah i LOVE Mario, but the best of Mario's days are in the past with the first 3 games...No Mario has ever been able to compete with the original..the original mario was and is the single best game nintendo has ever come up with and in my opinion the best videogame ever made but with that said i still believe nintendo isn't popping out great hardware or software anymore..at least not stuff that appeals to the general populous...maybe nintendo's problem is it's marketing strategy..who knows

......no everyone loved Mario 64 and the mario kart series so....

i personally hated Mario 64...and the best mariokart was mariokart 64

Burner
Originally posted by 113
i personally hated Mario 64...and the best mariokart was mariokart 64

My favorite mariokart is the original on SNES.

Burner
Have to put this to prove my point on how Sony isn't on the race:

"The PSP does better in the US than in Japan, but it's still not outselling the DS in the states."

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by 113
Even though I am already going to get the Nintendo Revolution, I would still just buy it for Super Smash Brothers or Pokemon because I love those games.

And you say that a successful original game/series hasn't been released on the gamecube or DS but there has.
Nintendogs is doing real good on the DS and it hasn't even been released in the US yet so you need to do a little more research before you make big statements like that.

Burner
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Even though I am already going to get the Nintendo Revolution, I would still just buy it for Super Smash Brothers or Pokemon because I love those games.

And you say that a successful original game/series hasn't been released on the gamecube or DS but there has.
Nintendogs is doing real good on the DS and it hasn't even been released in the US yet so you need to do a little more research before you make big statements like that.

Ya, everyone seems to thing Nintendo isn't doing good when it is really doing the best.

Originally posted by powerfulone1987

i probabaly haven't heard of this "nintendogs" game or w/e because like you said it hasn't been released in the U.S.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.