Which country has brought us the best music over the years?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MetalHeart
America cool

hh?
who gives a shit? thumb up

MetalHeart
Originally posted by hh?
who gives a shit? thumb up

i do

Whisper
Hmmm best and most influential bands of all time? Beatles, Led Zep, Queen, Stones, Pink Floyd, Sex Pistols? Britain gets my vote.

Red Superfly
Britain's best beats America's best imo.

Alpha Centauri
America.

-AC

Deano
britland

smoker4
America

Alpha Centauri
Can we stop voting for the country we live in and vote objectively to whoever we genuinely believe has made the better contribution?

-AC

Deano
i am voting honestly
my fav bands are british

if the question was..who makes the best movies
then i wud say america

Df02
my favourite bands are from America mostly...so America

Whisper
Actually my favourite band is from Australia - AC/DC.
rock

MetalHeart
norway does have pretty awesome bands though

Lord_Andres
Well this one is a tie between Sweden and America, just about every Hard rock band I hear htat comes from Seden knows what they are doing, all sing good, all make good melodies, all play AMAZING, they also write pretty good, some of the American hard Rock bands are not that good, but those that are are indeed VERY good, we have Bon Jovi, Roses, Skid Row, and many many more!

camarossryder88
I was goin to chose britain but it wasn't on any of the votes so I chose america, there the next best

papabeard
Britain and America and Africa

America probably just has the advantage, as most of the best british bands, particularly the ones whisper mentioned are all influenced by american music, the beatles influenced by rock n roll, the sex pistols ninspired by the Ramones and the New York Dolls scene.

But if you go deeper, every race in america apart from native americans are immigrants, from all over the world, and alot of the gospel music which inspired the blues, then rock nroll and in turn the beatles , was influenced by the music from these countries, particularly celtic music, ( Scotland and ireland). Slaves and there celtic "employers" would sing in church together and the structure of gaelic rounds, (or rounding off )are very similar to those found in gospel music so i think gospel music and working songs were influenced by gaellic singing , structures and rythms. Then adapted and changed into something new and in my opion more powerful.

SlipknoT
America/Britan/Norway

papabeard
Norway only ever gave us A-ha and death/black metal, hahahah

knight
A combination of the lot.

Originally posted by Whisper
Hmmm best and most influential bands of all time? Beatles, Led Zep, Queen, Stones, Pink Floyd, Sex Pistols? Britain gets my vote.

Don't forget... THE KINKS, THE CLASH, XTC & BIG COUNTRY...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/darth_vader_banner.jpg

Alpha Centauri
None of those are candidate for being the best ever, IMO. Besides Led Zeppelin, Queen maybe.

-AC

BackFire
America followed very closely by England.

Filth
I have to say Norway, Sweden and this is properly because I live there but Britain (excluding the f**king Beatles they are just s**t)

coolboarder98
Britain got my vote.

GABRIEL05
Italy was the most influential. Over the years.

04wayne
ENGLISH MUSIC IS THE BEST

Reckoning
Originally posted by Filth
I have to say Norway, Sweden and this is properly because I live there but Britain (excluding the f**king Beatles they are just s**t)
The Smiths, The Cure and Morrisey. The end. The British overrule.

Deathblow
The Smiths and Morrisey? That overrules very little.

Going on my personal preference, most of my favorite bands are American (more Canadians and Scandinavians than Brits), plus the fact that there have only been about 5 really good British bands in the last 10 years, America for me, definitely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.