What's your favorites

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockula
O.K. How's this?
What are some films that seemed to go by almost unnoticed that you think everyone should see.

Here's just a few of mine to start.

Twelve Monkeys: Proved to me that Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt are among the best in the buisness today.

Momento: I kept wanting to turn this off because I had no idea what was going on but I couldn't because I wanted to know what was going on and then the end and my jaw was on the floor.

Heartbreak Ridge: This was one of the first things me and my dad really had in common. We both loved this Clint Eastwood classic.

Don't forget to tell me why I should see your films.

BackFire349
last house on the left
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Henry - Portrait of a serial killer
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Requiem For a Dream

Rockula
I agree with you on TCM and One Flew... Those are two of my favorite films. I remember wanting to see Henry when it came out but I don't remember much about it now.

Bad Boy
Bad Boys!

mah
requiem for a dream should've got many oscars but it didn't...still it's probably my favourite film ever.

BackFire349
it was the best movie of 2000

ToMacco
One Flew Over the Cocoos Nest shouldn't really count. That is a classic, and most people have seen it, (if they know anything about movies).

And Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a cult classic. So I wouldn't count that either.

Bad Boys ? No. That was a huge commercial hit. Everyone saw that.

This year Riding in Cars with Boys for sure. People around here are starting to see it, and they all love it. So do yourself a favor and check it out.

Rockula
I agree with yourassesmnet of the other movies qualifications. I wasn't going to bother saying anything because I have no interest in offending anyone.

You really like RICWB eh?

ToMacco
Yeah, it's a pretty solid flick.

BackFire349
you'd be surprised how many people havent seen one flew over the cuckoos nest man. i was.

Rockula
I was thinking about this and I think I could include TCM on a conditionary basis.
I know the film is Well known and most people have an idea about who Leatherface is, but I think a lot of people overlook the fact that this was a truely quality film. It didn't try and get you with tons and tons of gore. In fact most people are pretty nervous or scared several minutes before Leatherface even makes his appearance. That can be attributed to the blistering texas backdrop and some truely great work from the hitchhiker (His name escapes me). He just made your skin crawl.
I always jump to defend this film when someone tries to write it off as a b-movie slasher film, because I know it is the bad sequel syndrome usually talking.

TeCk-IcE
Well, I think all star Wars movies should be a must-see!

Thomas H
well, everyone has.....just check the b.o lists!
And Bad Boy..the same for you bad boys where also a huge sucsess!

BackFire349
the hitchhiker didnt have a name, in the credit he was just known as 'hitchhiker'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.