Have U been injured because of a sport

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beach_baby_279
I was just injured from a sport that i loved and now i can no longer play it it has destroyed my life tell me if u r the same! sad embarrasment

snehin
yep i hav been ijured by a sport {basketball} cant play fr another 2 months i hav been out fr about 15 months
but i am recouverin so i can play again in 2 months

snehin
wat sport do u play anyway????

snehin
PM me with the sport u play plzz

Dexx
ntz ntz...very sad, chaps...very sad

beach_baby_279
i was injured in soccer, dislocated my knee 3 times!!!!

shaber
basketball, the little finger of my left hand.

PINBALL
I bruised my tailbone in basketball hurt for 3 weeks. I fell really weird

Myth
Originally posted by beach_baby_279
i was injured in soccer, dislocated my knee 3 times!!!!

I guessed knee before I read it. Girls often have knee problems. Biologically their knees can't take as much physical abuse as a boys. I know a chick who at 20 years old was told to stop playing softball or she'll really screw her knee up for life. She is already expected to walk with a cane sometime soon.

Anyway, I have had small injuries. I've sprained my ankle playing basketball (re-injured it about 8 times but that was because I was too stubborn to stop). Playing soccer, I broke a toe and ruined some tendons in it. At track practice I strained all of the muscles from my mid-quad up to my abs.

PINBALL
One girl I saw totally blew out here knee took the paramedics 30 minutes to get hor off the court.

whirlysplat
I had a double arthroscopy for torn cartilage playing rugby and have broken various bones playing rugby. :d

Auror Chk
Umm not injured so that I cant play anymore.. sprained an ankle and bruised myself a few times through Netball and Rugby League. Thats about it..

el barto_1
a friemd of mine broke his arm in three places during a soccer match

beach_baby_279
my frd hurt his back playin footy

botankus
I've been injured lots of times playing sports, but the latest one is one I'm enduring now and it involves a broken foot. Problem was, I dangled it out of a moving golf cart and along came a stump to smack it.

vagaryatwill
I tore my ACL during a soccer game. Had sugery and everything. it sucked.

Lana
I broke my finger playing tennis. Don't even ask how that's possible. I also broke two fingers playing football at school.

Bicnarok

KharmaDog
A few

Broken Nose (1st time) - Football
3 concusions - Football
Hyperextended left knee - Football
Torn ligaments and tendons, right knee - Football
Turf Toe - Football
Broken Fingers - Football

Broken Wrist - Basket ball
Broke Finger - Basketball

4th concusion -Waterpolo
Broken Nose (2nd time) Waterpolo

Broken Nose (3rd time) Boxing
Broken Ribs - Boxing

Broken wrist (again) - Mountain Biking

That's all that I can recall now sad

JacopeX
These are all the injuries i got

Street soccer:
I broke my finger
I got a total of 39 bruises
Bloody face
I hit my skull badly
a total of 56 cuts i guess

Soccer:
got kicked in the balls
broke my ankle
sore thigh

Football:
none

ekin602
landed wrong pole vaulting and fuxored my ankle. 10 years later and it still makes that popping noise if I move it in a circle

Barker
Sprained Ankle in Football. no expression

olchik
Well, I have never been seriously injured because of sports, but once, during playing volleyball, the ball hit my nose anf it really hurt. But that's it!

bordom
Broken wrist-> Landing wrong

Darth Macabre
Tore my MCL during a hockey game, and my PatellarTendon has tendonitis...Ruined my life to be honest.

bordom
sad Aw not good

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by bordom
sad Aw not good

Most deff...Lost my scholarship because of it.

bordom
eek! Are you kidding me?!! That's horrid!! sad

tanjot
u dont have to agree with me, but personally i think hockey is the hardest sport to be able to watch, it is SO BORING. as for injuries, i sprained my ankle once when playing basketball in a game against another school, bcz i am on the school team...i went up for a layup, drew the foul as a blocking foul and took a step sideways on my right foot, i fell and sprained my ankle. IT KILLS.

Myth
I'm currently sitting out due to stress fractures in the shins from overtraining for track. Makes me pissed as I think of all the training that is going to waste.

bordom
Originally posted by tanjot
u dont have to agree with me, but personally i think hockey is the hardest sport to be able to watch, it is SO BORING. as for injuries, i sprained my ankle once when playing basketball in a game against another school, bcz i am on the school team...i went up for a layup, drew the foul as a blocking foul and took a step sideways on my right foot, i fell and sprained my ankle. IT KILLS.
Oh I believe you. I get so bored when I watch it on TV.
sad Sheesh sorry to hear that hope you're better

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by tanjot

Even though I like to watch Hockey, I understand where you're coming from....All my gf's as well as my friends couldn't stand to watch me play.

meep-meep
Originally posted by botankus
I've been injured lots of times playing sports, but the latest one is one I'm enduring now and it involves a broken foot. Problem was, I dangled it out of a moving golf cart and along came a stump to smack it.

No offernse, but not keeping your foot inside the golf cart hardly qualifies as a sport injury. Even if you were playing golf.

meep-meep
I broke my fibula and tore my ankle from its socket after getting tackled playing football. Later I asked what happened and was told that the guy who tackled me tripped and his knee and the restof his body weight came down on my upper ankle. My ankel was still set firmly in place but the weight broke the bone, clean, and then my ankle just got pulled out of the socket. I can't run like I used to...

bordom
Originally posted by meep-meep
I broke my fibula and tore my ankle from its socket after getting tackled playing football. Later I asked what happened and was told that the guy who tackled me tripped and his knee and the restof his body weight came down on my upper ankle. My ankel was still set firmly in place but the weight broke the bone, clean, and then my ankle just got pulled out of the socket. I can't run like I used to...
Oh my! YUCK!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.