STAR WARS: Symphony for a Saga (Now Streaming on Internet Radio)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tlbauerle
I know quite a few board members remember this from the EPIII Soundtrack thread...but I'll break it out since its less related now.

A month ago I released STAR WARS: Symphony for a Saga to KMC and a few smaller boards. We've had a lot of new members since then, so just as a refresher and to tie people over until Wednesday night and give some fans something to listen to before hand, here it is:

STAR WARS: Symphony for a Saga is a two disc album, a compilation of all six scores, condensed into fifty tracks that...for the most part...seemlessly blend together. A total of 150 edits have been made to create this work....and it is a completely new way of listening to STAR WARS music. All source music has been eliminated with the attempt of keeping this as a symphonic journey.

Since release the response has been phenominal. Over 500 people have downloaded it so far. I've just released it to MF.com and the Senate so that number is now closer to 650.

This was done shortly after the ROTS soundtrack was leaked, and I had kept links off high profile sites because I didn't want to attract too much attention. Files are encoded at 192kbs, mp3. The 256k ROTS was used.

I am in the process of revisiting and revising a lot of the album, but thought I would re-release v1.0 now, in the hope that people can provide feedback so I can edit better. The new release with feature higher quality ROTS section, and I will try and eliminate more tape hiss from AOTC.

For now enjoy at: http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

The links for the six suites are in YouShareIt form...and while they are supposed to be unlimited, I already had to reup TESB once, so if there is a problem, please PM me and I'll get right on it.

Thanks for listening...and please let me know what you think.

(NOTE: This is meant to be listened to from beginning to end...so burn with Nero and 0 sec gaps or use a media playlist.)

KEN - I hope this is okay...it has its own thread on every other board...and since we don't have a general discussion, I stuck it here...

Happy Dance

Edit: Now Streaming on Internet Radio!!! Follow this link here: http://wesmany2k.home.insightbb.com/

Torik_Shai
DOWNLOAD THIS FOLKS. I first listened to this about a month and a half ago, and it doesn't disappoint. It is extremely well done, and I even recommended it to a few friends.

Great work tlbauerle! thumb up

Jedi Priestess
Ya know I downloaded this and not a single one of them would open. Needless to say I was unimpressed, and tbl over a month ago I asked you for something, do you remember and do you have it?

Lord Yoda
thanks the music is awesome! big grin

tlbauerle
JP...I hope you were only unimpressed by the fact they didn't open for you. These are new links and should open with with either winrar or winzip with a snap...

Was this what you were looking for? I thought I sent it to you...sorry. Never made one with the other posters. I could have sworn I sent this to you and two other peeps...didn't mean to forget.

http://img273.echo.cx/img273/3186/starwarsposters5sa.th.jpg

Jedi Priestess
Yeah that was definitely the unimpressed part tb. I'll give it another go. And thats not quite what I was looking for, I wanted them 3 on top of 3 so I could use it as a desktop. Memember?

JKozzy
Excellent work once again, tlb! I think it's about time I burn these babies, they've sat on my Nomad long enough stick out tongue

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yeah that was definitely the unimpressed part tb. I'll give it another go. And thats not quite what I was looking for, I wanted them 3 on top of 3 so I could use it as a desktop. Memember?

Sorry...I had a bunch of people interested in that thing...must have forgotten that you had to be different stick out tongue (insert playful tone here)...give me a bit...I haven't done that at all...I have wife's birthday and epIII this week...by weekend?

Sorry..remind me if I forget...again.

Darth MoonPIE
I don't know if its just me but on the phantom menace and AOTC downloads it froze at 99% and was giving me the "not responding" thing when it had 1 second left on the download.

thank god the ROTS bit finished and I get to enjoy it, not a total lose...

Haven't tried to download the OT tracks yet so I dont know about those.

tlbauerle
At 99% it is likely it was reading from your temp directory to your saved location...might want to just let the download run...and it should be fine. Haven't had a complaint about freezing yet in over 600 DLs.

Jedi Priestess
As long as you have it up by Sunday please cause Im moving monday and wont have my internet hooked back up for a few weeks.

tlbauerle
I'll work on it Friday.

Torik_Shai
When do you plan on finishing your revisions, tlbauerle?

tlbauerle
I plan on starting them soon...I'll let everyone know. Thanks for asking!

tlbauerle
UPDATE! Symphony for a Saga NOW STREAMING on Internet Radio!

STAR WARS: Symphony for a Saga has been picked up by a small internet radio station, and is being played in its entirety! For those who haven't listened to it, here is your chance.

http://wesmany2k.home.insightbb.com/

It should be noted that K-WES only has limited slots for listeners, so jump on while there are slots open.

I'm not sure how often this will be played or how many times it will be looped, but it just started the ORIGINAL TRILOGY section.

tlbauerle
It seems that the internet radio station has been down for some time. Sorry.

In other news, this is the last chance to listen to SYMPHONY FOR A SAGA v1.0. I will be removing the links on http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com very shortly, and the work will be gone forever...a true collectors item.

There is also a torrent of v1.0 at the pirate bay.

However, work is progressing on v2.0. Expect a single for THE PHANTOM MENACE v2.0 shortly.

Captain REX
I managed to download THE PHANTOM MENACE portion of the Symphony. However...AOTC and ROTS take forever. Like 7 hours each, or so.

JKozzy
Originally posted by tlbauerle
It seems that the internet radio station has been down for some time. Sorry.

In other news, this is the last chance to listen to SYMPHONY FOR A SAGA v1.0. I will be removing the links on http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com very shortly, and the work will be gone forever...a true collectors item.

There is also a torrent of v1.0 at the pirate bay.

However, work is progressing on v2.0. Expect a single for THE PHANTOM MENACE v2.0 shortly. What kinds of improvements can we expect? Is this going to be just a revamp of the original, or is it going to be completely different? Will the length be the same? I've enjoyed all the previews that you've given by the way, tlb. Just got home from France and haven't had time to reply to your PM's, but major kudos. yes

Ast Rofan
I just tried to download of the mirrors, but that megaupload place must be messed up, because it was going slow as hell and the files arent that big,

Alkaselzer
Very much the same.

Captain REX
Yeah, the TPM portion downloaded in minutes, but the others...forever?

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, the TPM portion downloaded in minutes, but the others...forever?

I was talking about TPM, the estimated time just kept ramping up.

Captain REX
Odd. It downloaded in a few minutes...but that was hours ago...

tlbauerle
There is a torrent at the pirate bay...give that a try.

What can you expect from v2.0
First is better quality of the edits.
Improved audio quality for AOTC and ROTS sections (since wave will be used)
Expanded Prequel Trilogy section.
I haven't even begun to consider the OT section, which I thought was much weaker.

Lastly, do you guys remember that prequel trilogy supertrailer from MF.com? That guy is adding video to the entire thing. We'll eventually author a DVD hopefully with a nice PCM soundtrack, decodable by PLII machines.

First, each suite will be released seperately. Preceeding each release will be a single. A teaser will be released with video put to the single. Then look for the full suite release, followed by the suite video.

How long will it take? We probably won't complete the prequel trilogy until the end of the year around Christmas. Hopefully next summer for the original trilogy? Have to have something to hold us over until the TV series.

When complete, we'll author the DVD with all six trailers plus the PT supertrailer and the OT supertrailer (I'm working on that music now.)

Why so long?

Consider TPMv2.0. The single took me a few days, only because I new what I wanted to do. With the suite, I knew I wanted to add some cues, but some edits were difficult. As a result, I worked on it until it frustrated me...then went back and worked again. It's taken me six weeks since I started the single at the beginning of June.

As a result, TPM now clocks in around 22 minutes + instead of 15.

Note that the single (title is being kept secret for now) will be released shortly.

tlbauerle
I wish I could solve your download issues guys.

Captain REX
Oh, but you can... stick out tongue

Well, the wait time has gone down a bit. AOTC was going to take about 7 hours, now it is only 2.5 hours.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Captain REX
Well, the wait time has gone down a bit. AOTC was going to take about 7 hours, now it is only 2.5 hours.

Score!!! stick out tongue

Captain REX
Nope, nevermind, went up to 3.5 hours...

Captain REX
Crap! I finally got AOTC loaded, and guess what happens? It says that the final file in the download "Shroud of the Dark Side" is corrupted.

Lotus2003
Unfortunately I had problems with "Symphony for a saga"... sad I've downloaded the scores from all movies without a problem, but when I opened the file (with Windows Media Player), a message appears "there aren't the right codecs installed"... But I have no idea what to do... I'm not familiar with this codes-things... Can anyone help me? big grin

Bye
Lotus

tlbauerle
There just mp3s. Try updating WMP with Windows Update. No special codecs really needed. What version of WMP are you running?

You can also try playing them with Real Player, or Winamp.

tlbauerle
Also try burning them to disc and then listening to them.

Captain REX
I downloaded them all, worked quite well. big grin

DarthAJ
I just dowloaded the extra TPM track from the website. Its pretty good. One of the better tracks of TPM. I like how the Qui-gon vs. Maul on Tatooine duel was shortened. But on just a little comment, that would be cool if on the TPM soundtrack part you included the musical piece where Anakin races out of the droid control ship. That was a great moment and one of my favorite OT tracks.

tlbauerle
Awesome! Glad you liked...

I love that track as well...but it won't be in the main SFAS album...perhaps a third bonus disc is in order...

DarthAJ
YES!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.