Who is the best DC incarnation/copycat of Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
There is Azrael
There is Owlman
There are many more
and then there is the original one and only Dark Night of Gotham

i am not going to list all the incarnations i know, because i dont know all of them. . .

Kento
Nightwing >.> Does he count??

long pig
Deathstroke
MoonNight
BlackPanther
there are tons. If you're a smart guy with gadgets, i consider you a batman rip off.

Who is batman ripped from?

Quick Freeze
nightwing counts but i dont think he's as good.

and i kind of want dc only, preferably someone who is blatantly a "better batman"

i understand if there's no such thing because batman is batman because he is batman

dawsey28
I like this one the best. (Azreal taking over for Batman while he had a broken back thanks to bane.)

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/Batman-Knightquest.gif

Quick Freeze
yeah he's cool.
i'm just not sure if he could actually take bruce. . . thats why im asking you guys! and owlman can hypnotize people as well. . .

Wickerman
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
yeah he's cool.
i'm just not sure if he could actually take bruce. . . thats why im asking you guys! and owlman can hypnotize people as well. . .

I say Azrael. Why? Because he can do a hella better job than the others you initially listed IMO. And Bats after all trusts the dude....right?

~wickerman~

Kento
I still say Nightwing cause he's younger, and nearly as good as Batman, and a lot more agile. By time he gets Bruce's age he's going to be better then Bruce was at that age.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by long pig
Deathstroke
MoonNight
BlackPanther
there are tons. If you're a smart guy with gadgets, i consider you a batman rip off.
Who is batman ripped from?

Not sure if it's an actual rip off but Batman started gushing like a fanboy when he met The Shadow.

How about Macgyver? He's a smart guy with gadgets.

seaapple
Moon Knight is sometimes considered similar to Batman.

But he looks way cooler and has a mystical edge. Plus he used to have Bill Sienkiewicz drawing him...that old Moon Knight series (the original series) had some great art and stories. Especially around the issues from 24 or 25 on...25 is the all time great.

ill f8
I totally agree that Nightwing is the best Batman who's not Batman.

Ever read "prodigy"?

Draco69
Midnighter.

Gregory
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Not sure if it's an actual rip off but Batman started gushing like a fanboy when he met The Shadow.

I think that The Shadow predates Batman, actually.

Quick Freeze
well batman is also included, you guys think nightwing better than bruce?
and mainstream dc continuity only

Joker1237
not if who is a rip off of Batman.

But who is a rip off of the Shadow.

renegadedog
"How about Macgyver? He's a smart guy with gadgets."

Nah, he's more a loner A-team.

Quick Freeze
who is the shadow

Bat Dude
The old pulp comic hero Shadow takes my vote. He was KOOL.

SnakeEyes
Wasn't there a Catman?

zod-doom
The Shadow rocks, he would be the only one who even comes close to Batman level coolness, Just say no to Catman and owlman, no, no
would the question be a batman rip off?

Quick Freeze
well, personally, i think owlman can beat batman. the csa had the jla running. . .

Quick Freeze
nobody has anything to say????
nobody thinks that a copycat of batman can beat batman!
all super-heroes has a tougher better version of them!
Wolverine has Cyber
Superman has Ultraman and General Zod
Spider-Man has Scarlet Spider, Spidercide, Spider-X, and a boatload more!

but somehow all of batman's remakes fall to the dark knight? is there a batman 1 million?

Mainstream
Nightwing....Batman's "son"

Kieralinn
The Shadow does pre-date Batman. When Bats was first coming out, the Shadow was on the radio....I believe the Shadow was in fact an inspiration for Bats.

As for Batman rip offs...obvious one but not DC is Daredevil except for the blind and radar sense stuff. IMO

None of those could beat Bats. He can pretty much take out anyone with enough prep. He's too smart and is great at strategy.

Joker1237
The Shadow DOES pre date Batman, Shadow came out in the mid 1920's. So relly Bats is a rip off of Shadow, and not the other way around.

Kieralinn
Originally posted by Joker1237
The Shadow DOES pre date Batman, Shadow came out in the mid 1920's. So relly Bats is a rip off of Shadow, and not the other way around.

How funny...we just both posted almost the exact same thing!

Darth Macabre
nightwing counts but i dont think he's as good.

and i kind of want dc only, preferably someone who is blatantly a "better batman"

i understand if there's no such thing because batman is batman because he is batman

Nightwing is DC, I think you mean Marvel incarnation because Batman is DC also.

With that being said I think Green Arrow (or Arsenal, Speedy) in DC is a good incarnation.

Marvel- Daredevil, or The Punisher.

eleveninches
Batman
Catwoman
Owlman
Nightwing
Azrael
Robin
Wildcat
Batman 2
Batman 1M

garrison
laughing out loud Eleveninches

garrison
GL:Rebirth SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

garrison
for real

garrison
you know the copycat of Batman is you guys are stupied it is Robin
-Batman

Red Superfly
Batman is inspired from the likes of The Shadow, Sherlock Holmes and Zorro in particular.

As for rip-offs, nobody comes close apart from Nightwing.

Darth Jello
you guys are missing the obvious, the golden age green arrow and speedy where total ripoffs.

as for daredevil, well, he's similar, but in terms of fighting skill, only someone like a lady shiva or deathstroke would give him any kind of challenge at all

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Nightwing is DC, I think you mean Marvel incarnation because Batman is DC also.

With that being said I think Green Arrow (or Arsenal, Speedy) in DC is a good incarnation.

Marvel- Daredevil, or The Punisher.

LoL I think you missed this comment, I said Green Arrow like 5 posts up!
But we are right he is a total rip off.

TheOneFirestorm
Owlman
Meant to be a dark mirror of Batman with none of his morals. He's so vastly similar to Batman including the costume and utility belt but with none of his morals.
He seems like Doctor Doom a charismatic super villain you want to see a lot in stories.

Bro SMASH
Rorschach.

Yeah, I know he's based on The Question but he's also suppose to be what Batman would be in real-life and to me (as well as many others), he pretty much is the Batman of his own universe.

Sometimes, I like to imagine what it would be like Batman was replaced by Rorschach and Nite Owl in the main DC Universe.

Flyattractor
nobody has anything to say????
nobody thinks that a copycat of batman can beat batman!
all super-heroes has a tougher better version of them!
Wolverine has Cyber
Superman has Ultraman and General Zod
Spider-Man has Scarlet Spider, Spidercide, Spider-X, and a boatload more!

but somehow all of batman's remakes fall to the dark knight? is there a batman 1 million?

Didn't Batman have a Villain that was a Mirror Image of him?
Had like a crazy color scheme to his batsuit?

Flyattractor
Wrath! That is who i was thinking of...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/BatmanConfidential15.jpg

Quick Freeze
Yeah! His parents were murdered by cops so he became the reverse-Batman basically!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.