Tenatious D: Comic genius or Waste of time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sethcx
I'm sorry, but I love Tenatious D!
I'm not ashamed and fully ready for the ridicule that likely comes with this statement!

Theres nothing better than crawling home from a great club night out and waking the neighbours with the loudest rendition of F*ck her gently you can manage.

Deathblow
Totally agree thumb up

I wouldn't go as far as to say I love Tenacious D, but that album will always have a special place in my heart. I'm usually heavily opposed to comedy bands, as even if they are genuinely funny (like Tenacious D), they will eventually not be funny any more after repeated listens, and when the jokes aren't funny, there's nothing left. But Tenacious D manage to pack in a whole load of decent musicianship and some great pop hooks in there to fall back on.

It's still pretty shallow stuff, and I haven't listened to them in about 2 years, but **** it, I'm gonna go hunt it down and blast Wonderboy as loud as I possibly can.

StinkFist462
are they coming out with anything new ?

mr.smiley
i hope so.

I love the town hall song!

Cinemaddiction
Don't care for them. Just a teen humor band set to music. Spinal Tap wipe the floor with them.

Treehuggerjanie
dont like them but...theyr'e craaazy!ill say that for them!

Alpha Centauri
New album in the works.

No set release yet.

-AC

smoker4
Isnt it for a movie? for some reason i have that in my head?

Bun Bun
I like them and thats saying something nowing wat i listen too.

magic_hate_ball
Originally posted by smoker4
Isnt it for a movie? for some reason i have that in my head?
Yes theres is a Tenacious D movie in the works called 'The Pick of Destiny' but while youre waiting for that go check out the Tenacious D DVDcalled 'Tenacious D Masterworks'. Its got the HBO shorts, a live concert from Brixton, and a second DVD with the videos for FHG, Tribute and Wonderboy as well as some other short movie things on it....some of it is gross humor but good nonetheless roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whisper
I always get a shiver down my spine during "Tribute" when Jack says "We are but men - ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Victor Von Doom
Does anyone else find the spelling mistake in the topic title impossibly irritating?

Don't reply, 'no, it's just you'. It's neither brave nor funny.

It's a common English word, and it's on the cd cover.

Cinemaddiction
Nope, I'm thinking it's just you, and I'm not trying to be brave or funny. Everyone that has particpated in the thread thus far knows whom the thread pertains to.

Personally, I don't see the word tenacious as widely used at all.

Victor Von Doom
*zzzz*

I know who it pertains to. (to whom it pertains)

The language is in bad hands.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

The language is in bad hands.

Consider the topic.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Consider the topic.

Oops.

Misread it as 'the state of language today.'

Yeah. Tenacious D. Good band.

RedAlertv2
Tenacious D is cool. Listening to Tribute right now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.