Silver Surfer Vs Gladiator (RADIATION WEAKNESS NOT ALLOWED TO BE EXPLOITED)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ill f8
What happens now? I think it's a pretty tough battle to call.

long pig
Without the weakness, SS is as good as dead.

Why do you think people love saying how SS could beat Superman?
Because of the loophole, everyone knows without the weakness, SS is outclassed.

Xplosive
I don't see SS winning.

GalacticStorm
This is silly. Thats like saying hulk vs rogue but he's not allowed to get angry. Do you guys hate SS that much?!! LOL.

Oh yeah LP SS would whup SS. His cosmic awareness would allow him to sense the nature of Supes abilities and he would get fried.

Without SS being allowed to exploit Glads weakness even though its just an aspect of his powers roll eyes (sarcastic) id still go for SS. Yeah Glads is stronger but thats the only thing hes got going for him in a fight against SS. SS is debatably faster, (Gladiator apparently flies via Shiar technology not through his own abilities btw as is the case with most of the Imperial Guard. ) SS also wields far greater energies than Glads does. He would eventually find a way to put him down but only after a reallt epic battle IMO

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This is silly. Thats like saying hulk vs rogue but he's not allowed to get angry. Do you guys hate SS that much?!! LOL.

Oh yeah LP SS would whup SS. His cosmic awareness would allow him to sense the nature of Supes abilities and he would get fried.

Without SS being allowed to exploit Glads weakness even though its just an aspect of his powers roll eyes (sarcastic) id still go for SS. Yeah Glads is stronger but thats the only thing hes got going for him in a fight against SS. SS is debatably faster, (Gladiator apparently flies via Shiar technology not through his own abilities btw as is the case with most of the Imperial Guard. ) SS also wields far greater energies than Glads does. He would eventually find a way to put him down but only after a reallt epic battle IMO

What if Gladiator would eventaully find a way to beat SS. Gladiator is stronger, his body is stronger, more durable, SS wields more energie, true, but I am not sure that would be enough, and I think speed wouldn't be answer here. I think strengh and durability would win the match, and Gladiator has more of it.

GalacticStorm
SS is class 100 yeah? Galactus built him to be amazingly durable because he knew of the dangers inherent to his heralds role. If anything SS is more durable than Gladiator , however Gladiator is stronger.

When you get to virtually cosmic level physical strength is far from the deciding factor of battles. Its down to your powers and the energies you wield.

SS has all of Glads powers plus a whole lot more. SS is more powerful than Glads without a doubt. SS has too many options at his disposal. Glads just has strength baecause thats the only area he outclasses SS in, and even then not by much.

SS aaaalll the way Happy Dance

kgkg
Silver Surfer wins.

Even without using burst of radiation LMAO.

Silver Surfer has battle people like Gladiator and has won.

Tyrant claimed that SS is stronger than: BRB, Gladiator, Morg etc.

This will be a great battle to see.

GalacticStorm
Thank u KG.

kgkg
Originally posted by Xplosive
What if Gladiator would eventaully find a way to beat SS. Gladiator is stronger, his body is stronger, more durable, SS wields more energie, true, but I am not sure that would be enough, and I think speed wouldn't be answer here. I think strengh and durability would win the match, and Gladiator has more of it.

I won't even comment on Gladiator Weakness (confidence) because that rarely happens with him.

Gladiator Stronger that SS? ------Yes he is stronger than normal SS, but powered by power cosmic he can be near Glads level of Strength.

More durable than SS? No SS has battle Korvac and survived a Planet Destroying attacks without breaking a sweat.

I planet destroying attack should be able to K.O Glad

Speed is not a factor in this battle.

FieryBalrog
Glads has another weakness, self confidence. Doesnt SS have some telepathic ability? Cassandra Nova slaughtered Glads with TP although of course shes probably a much more powerful telepath.

Xplosive
Originally posted by kgkg
I won't even comment on Gladiator Weakness (confidence) because that rarely happens with him.

Gladiator Stronger that SS? ------Yes he is stronger than normal SS, but powered by power cosmic he can be near Glads level of Strength.

More durable than SS? No SS has battle Korvac and survived a Planet Destroying attacks without breaking a sweat.

I planet destroying attack should be able to K.O Glad

Speed is not a factor in this battle.

Gladiator has surived explosion of star without breaking a sweat.
He fought Ego and at that point Thanos said his powers would be no match for Gladitaor.

8bitChris
I think most anti-SS people forget that he has class 100 strength.

And when did Thanos say that? Because Thanos has had some of the largest power upgrades in Marvel. So when he said it does kinda matter I guess. As far as how powerful Thanos was at the time.

Xplosive
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I think most anti-SS people forget that he has class 100 strength.

And when did Thanos say that? Because Thanos has had some of the largest power upgrades in Marvel. So when he said it does kinda matter I guess. As far as how powerful Thanos was at the time.

He said that when Gladiator was fighting Ego, Thanos was really impressed and than Thanos said, Gladiator at that point surpassed Thanos in powers.

JWangSDC
I guess gladiator is written rather inconsistently and that's the one time he's amazing. I too am voting for silver surfer, but think it'd be one heck of a fight.

Question Isn't gladiator winning the Glad vs Thor thread?

On a final note....no way is gladiator stronger than thanos. Whoever wrote thanos and had him say that needs to read more comics before writing them

He said that when Gladiator was fighting Ego, Thanos was really impressed and than Thanos said, Gladiator at that point surpassed Thanos in powers.

the Darkone
Silver Surfer is more powerful than gladiator. Silver Surfer can increase his strength making him just as strong or stronger than gladiator and rearranged molecules. Plus SS has the power of cosmic and he can unload on gladiator with the power of cosmic and wear down gladiator.

kgkg
What Comic issue is that?

And Thanos has given props to people before (like Hulk , Doom).

THanos >>>> Gladiator

Here is Tyrant saying SS stonger than Gladiator , BRB
part1

kgkg
part 2

JWangSDC
That was one of my favorite surfer issues ever. I bursted out in laughter when morg and terrax went at it instead of fighting tyrant. LoL

JWangSDC
Alsom kgkg I think you and I interpret these threads the same...a kind of "Who is more powerful, Silver Surfer or Gladiator" there is no doubt in my mind that surfer is more powerful. Much like spidey vs Batman (Spidey) and other threads. I donno why, but other forum members tend to think the vs thread is asking a different question

radioboy121
Indeed, it's the member's evaluation that's being sought and not the opinion of Tyrant. Anyway, it was by his choosing to keep Morg behind for leeching and handing the others back (including Silver Surfer and Gladiator) when Galactus demanded his herald to be returend.

But Silver Surfer is surely more resourceful in his powers. With his cosmic manipulation, he can surely enhance his strength if he wants to go towards the rudimentary way of duking it out.

armandovalles
I think Glds would win cuz he would just grab SS's board and throw it really far and without his Board surfer is really slow so by the time his board got back to him Glad's wouldve knocked him out.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think Glds would win cuz he would just grab SS's board and throw it really far and without his Board surfer is really slow so by the time his board got back to him Glad's wouldve knocked him out.
Grab his Board?

He controls his board from his mind.

He can use that as a weapon SS has done it many time in the past.

Throwing? lol it will come back and hit Gladiator in less than a second.

His board travels beyond light speed.

The only beings successful to separate SS from his board were extremely powerful being who can create unbreakable force fields. ( Galactus , Ego did etc)

cduce
Surfer 10 out of 10 (even without using the Radiation weakness)

Silver Surfer with an unchecked conscience, is the most powerful character out there, PERIOD. His conscience is what leads to his downfall most times. He matches and outclasses Gladiator in every way. There is no feat that Gladiator can do that Surfer cannot do or exceed. Surfer is much more versatile, much more powerful, much more durable.

ex. Gladiator invites the Uni-Power to return to the Shi'ar Empire as their guest. Although the Uni-Power agrees, it is captured en route by Krosakis, an energy leeching warlord who forces the Uni-Power into his body to become Captain Universe. Gladiator attempts to stop Krosakis but fails, with the warlord finally beaten by the 'Silver Surfer'.

That's a small example.

In an Exiles comic, the Silver Surfer is an unchecked beast, and destroys the entire Imperial Guard, including dismembering Gladiator.

And now that he has been fully restored by Galactus after the Annihilation series to full strength, he's now TOO powerful to have his own on-going series; so now he's relegated to cameo appearances and guest starring roles.

Name one thing that Gladiator can do that Surfer can't! Gladiator is a Superman clone and Surfer would take Superman 10 out of 10 also (think Doomsday with the Power Cosmic).

Surfer is not a hand-to-hand fighter and doesn't engage in it most times, but he matches Gladiator in strength (and can even enhance his strength to surpass Gladiator's).

She-Hulk is a pretty strong character, she once punched Surfer in the face, he didn't even flinch; yet She-Hulk nearly broke her hand.

Granted, perspective lies within who is writing each character, but in the areas of strength, versatility, durability, intelligence, experience, energy manipulation, and speed, Surfer wins hands down.

This isn't even a fight for the Surfer.

SoulDevourer

Gladiator is stronger, his body is stronger, more durable, more durable? no expression

iceman24567
Surfer wins the majority

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by armandovalles

Wow. You don't read many Silver Surfer comics, do you?

h1a8
Bump

abhilegend
Gladiator pummels him tbh

Thinkerer
It could go either depending who's dick the writer enjoys more.

Smurph
Originally posted by Thinkerer
It could go either depending who's dick the writer enjoys more. Surfer is a eunuch sad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Smurph
Surfer is a eunuch sad

thumb up

And not just any eunuch. He's the special kind that doesn't have a butthole, either:

https://i.ibb.co/yhLT80B/220.jpg

Further proof:

https://i.ibb.co/j5ZLcPS/surflol.png

Thinkerer
Surfer is a eunuch sad

Only if he want to. I bet he can mind control a penis into a silvery existence.

Smurph
That's his secret.

He's really just one big silver penis.

StiltmanFTW
That's his secret.

He's really just one big silver penis.

Hmmm.

That would actually explain why Ben Grimm goes "Hulk Smash!" each time he catches Alicia and Norrin together...

MrMind
back in the day surfer humiliates him

then that doctor strange issue came out, and all of the sudden people are riding gladiator's dick now

Thinkerer
Originally posted by kgkg
Grab his Board?

He controls his board from his mind.

He can use that as a weapon SS has done it many time in the past.

Throwing? lol it will come back and hit Gladiator in less than a second.

His board travels beyond light speed.

The only beings successful to separate SS from his board were extremely powerful being who can create unbreakable force fields. ( Galactus , Ego did etc)

Big stupid Drax held his board with ease and Surfer couldnt break loose.

ODG
Originally posted by MrMind
back in the day surfer humiliates him

then that doctor strange issue came out, and all of the sudden people are riding gladiator's dick now Maybe but I'd disagree.

That'd be one specific poster. No need to over-generalize.

Either way, I'm inclined to think that this thread was an attempt to troll Surfer fans about his chances vs Superman back when posters thought Surfer shouldn't/wouldn't//couldn't exploit Superman's kryptonite/red sun radiation vulnerabilties.

Thinkerer
Masterson Thor knocked Gladiator out during Operation Galactic Storm and I wouldn't put him above SS.

abhilegend
Masterson Thor knocked Gladiator out during Operation Galactic Storm and I wouldn't put him above SS.
Beta Ray Bill knocked out Surfer in Blood and Thunder and I wouldn't put bill above Gladiator (in fact Gladiator outright defeated Bill recently)

ODG
Masterson Thor knocked Gladiator out during Operation Galactic Storm and I wouldn't put him above SS. Wasn't a clean victory by any means but it was a great fight.

carver9
Giving Superman the edge here.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
Giving Superman the edge here.

thought i had a stroke moment ago

did carver just pick superman to win on a 18 years old thread that doesn't even involve superman at all?

DarkSaint85

did carver just pick superman to win on a 18 years old thread that doesn't even involve superman at all?

Everything is complicated to Carver, canon.

Like reading.

Juntai

did carver just pick superman to win on a 18 years old thread that doesn't even involve superman at all? Yet somehow his answer is also correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.