Fox Have Cast Kelsey Grammer As Beast!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LISA-J
FOX HAS CAST KELSEY GRAMMER AS BEAST!!!!!!,Variety released the news this morning it has been confirmed Kelsey will be playing the furry one.I'm a little shocked at the choice but who knows maybe it will work,plus maggie grace from LOST is up for Shadowcat.

Mainstream
you sure?

LISA-J
Positive it was confirmed by avi arid and fox made an officail announcement last night to varierty,supposedly more news is supposed to be relaesed about x-3 later.

Mainstream
okay cool

Fionnuala
thats cool..I can picture him as Beast..

LISA-J
I was a little like WTF when I first heard it,but I quess I can live with it so long as kelsey is made up by CGI or make-up,cause no offense but he isn't good looking enough to play the human beast.

Mainstream
heh heh he's not ugly enough to be a handsome Beast .

Fionnuala
Here is the link:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1959.asp

should probably be in the x3 news bit though..

Mainstream
thanx

pr1983
that is really good news... i think he'd be perfect as beast...

Mainstream
eh....I've never seen you 100% jazzed up about anything Paul..are you feeling okay man?

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
eh....I've never seen you 100% jazzed up about anything Paul..are you feeling okay man?

lol... naw, ive just watched frasier and cheers for years... grammar is almost perfect for the role... if he tones down the arrogance ever so slightly i think he'll be spot on...

Fionnuala
Originally posted by pr1983
lol... naw, ive just watched frasier and cheers for years... grammar is almost perfect for the role... if he tones down the arrogance ever so slightly i think he'll be spot on...

yes i never would have thought about him, but now they have suggested it he seems perfect for it..reminds me of the TAS Beast..

Mainstream
yeah he'd be a great Beast....

eleveninches
Is it going to be kelsey grammer in a costume, or will it be just a CGI thing with kelsey's voice??? Or maybe it will be kelsey on screen before he becomes beast, and then a CGI thing based on him, with his voice

Paola
eek! I love that man!!

Mainstream
um that's cool...I guess

pr1983
Originally posted by Paola
eek! I love that man!!

as do i, but i think in a very different way embarrasment

Mainstream
heh heh I think he'll be CGI though so it's really just his voice.but I could be wrong..bound to happen sooner or later.content

Wickerman
as do i, but i think in a very different way embarrasment

Indeed...i don't think Paola meant it sexually so...it must be different stick out tongue

However, yes, i think he's a good choice. As long as he buffs up. Remember, Hank was buffed up even before becoming Beast.

~wickerman~

pr1983
heh heh I think he'll be CGI though so it's really just his voice.but I could be wrong..bound to happen sooner or later.content

either way i think he'll do a great job...

Mainstream
yeah he's like a blue furry hulk

Clovie
how does he look like? huh

pr1983
kelsey grammar

http://www.goldenstateautographs.com/photographs/images/grammarkelsey_000.jpg

Clovie
thank you
but he doesn't fit for hank imo confused

pr1983
Originally posted by Clovie
thank you
but he doesn't fit for hank imo confused

its not his looks... have you ever seen frasier?

Clovie
few episodes..
that guy was the mean, humourless character there, right? confused

pr1983
few episodes..
that guy was the mean, humourless character there, right? confused

thats only sometimes stick out tongue

hes incredibly intelligent and cultured, just like hank...

Mainstream
indeed and me too.

Clovie
thats only sometimes stick out tongue

hes incredibly intelligent and cultured, just like hank... i must have missed other times stick out tongue

pr1983
i must have missed other times stick out tongue

indeed... big grin

mr.smiley
personality wise he's perfect.
the only thing that sucks is i know who he is.
What I loved about the first two x movies was a lot of the actors i didn't know so i realy didn't identify them with anything else.
But if this is true,then i belive he'll do a great job

ayjay
well...if they are using grammar, the chances of having a CGI beast are probably REALLY high. I don't think they'll make him wear blue make up and prance around....i think he'll be the voice.....and i agree with smiley, i know him as frasier...kinda weird...but....he's the perfect voice for hank really.

Wickerman
Originally posted by ayjay
well...if they are using grammar, the chances of having a CGI beast are probably REALLY high. I don't think they'll make him wear blue make up and prance around....i think he'll be the voice.....and i agree with smiley, i know him as frasier...kinda weird...but....he's the perfect voice for hank really.

I agree. He makes for a perfect Beast voice-wise. Has that little je ne sais-quoi that just says "I'm a big furry blue behemoth but smarter than thou"

~wickerman~

ayjay
AHAHAHAH!!..he fully does!....i can imagine him saying. "Interesting..."

pr1983
as long as he says

"stars and garters"

i'll be happy...

Wickerman
as long as he says

"stars and garters"

i'll be happy...

please never actually say that in public confused

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
please never actually say that in public confused

~wickerman~

laughing

but seriously... its his trademark... and i can easily picture grammar saying it...

Fionnuala
Sugar puff monster..shhhhh!!!

pr1983
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Sugar puff monster..shhhhh!!!

omfg laughing

Fionnuala
omfg laughing

Thats the image I have in my head..excpet blue..I was trying to explain it to ayjay..at least somebody knows what I am talking about big grin

pr1983
Thats the image I have in my head..excpet blue..I was trying to explain it to ayjay..at least somebody knows what I am talking about big grin

the honey monster...

http://www.thanatopsic.org/losgal/european/honeymonster_fr.jpg

Fionnuala
the honey monster...

http://www.thanatopsic.org/losgal/european/honeymonster_fr.jpg

laughing Oh no..I'll never be able to take him seriously again..

Mainstream
honey monster?

Fionnuala
honey monster?

Yes yes

Mainstream
biggrin cool

mr.smiley
Or gizmo from grimlins

Mainstream
I loved him mong-why

BENITO
Originally posted by LISA-J
FOX HAS CAST KELSEY GRAMMER AS BEAST!!!!!!,Variety released the news this morning it has been confirmed Kelsey will be playing the furry one.I'm a little shocked at the choice but who knows maybe it will work,plus maggie grace from LOST is up for Shadowcat.

COOL Frasier as Hank McCoy

Awesome eek!

ayjay
hahaha honey monster look fuuny!,.....bu i bet cookie monster would beat his ass down! *woot woot*

Mainstream
hahaha honey monster look fuuny!,.....bu i bet cookie monster would beat his ass down! *woot woot*

"clash of the beast" eek!

buffymitch
Kelsey Grammer as beast is an aesceellent idea. i would never think of him but hes is great for Beast.

Originally posted by LISA-J
maggie grace from LOST is up for Shadowcat.

They allready had two different people for Shadow cat i think they should just stick to Katie Stuart. She played Kitty Pride in X2

Wickerman
laughing Oh no..I'll never be able to take him seriously again..

is this supposed to mean you used to take the Honey monster seriously? What the f**k?

~wickerman~

eleveninches
Originally posted by mr.smiley
What I loved about the first two x movies was a lot of the actors i didn't know so i realy didn't identify them with anything else.
But if this is true,then i belive he'll do a great job Originally posted by mr.smiley
But if this is true,then i belive he'll do a great job
WHAT??

I know that many of the cast members were new talent, but there was
Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen
Famke Janssen
The 'Darth Maul' Guy.

Not exaxtly all new to movies

long pig
There couldn't be a more perfect person to play beats voice......
Is beast english though???

pr1983
Originally posted by eleveninches
WHAT??

Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen
Famke Janssen
The 'Darth Maul' Guy.

marsden and halle berry too...

Originally posted by long pig
There couldn't be a more perfect person to play beats voice......
Is beast english though???

not particularly...

Lord Ryugen
I'm quite looking forward to X-3 now. Grammer is a brilliant choice, he's got the attidude and the voice.

ayjay
i agree with eleveninches....there was HEAPS of well known actors....faar more known than Grammar

mr.smiley
Originally posted by eleveninches
WHAT??

Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen
Famke Janssen
The 'Darth Maul' Guy.

first off no one was going to be xavier other than stewaurt.that was obivous.Mcellen was very well respected,but he had never gotten major notice until lord of the rings.
Famke Janssen? laughing out loud she was in love and sex and thirteen ghost?
I hardly count either one as major breakthroughs or "distinguishing parts"About the best thing she had did was james bond and even then,no critical acclaim was given

the Darth maul guy? laughing You don't even know his name!Which only

furthers my point,but i'll continue.His name was Ray Park and he played the headless horsemen in the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.As darth maul he had a kick ass role,but not everyone knew who he was.
Now for years on end kelsey grammar has been frasier.My point was,most the time it's hard for an actor to crossover effeicnetly into the movies,espciealy if they where in a popular tv show.

As for Halle Berry,I think we have all come to the agreement she was just not what strom should have been.

eleveninches

Famke Janssen? laughing out loud she was in love and sex and thirteen ghost?
I hardly count either one as major breakthroughs or "distinguishing parts"About the best thing she had did was james bond and even then,no critical acclaim was given

the Darth maul guy? laughing You don't even know his name!Which only

furthers my point,but i'll continue.His name was Ray Park
I remembered her from goldeneye, but not anything else.
And I thought that the darth maul guy's name was ray park, but i wasnt sure.

Anyway, there was still stewart, mckellen and berry.

ThaWhiteShadow
you are all wrong, grammer will be in prosthetics, no CGI. read it here http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/615/615826p1.html

munkiesarus
That was a very entertaining interview big grin

pr1983
Originally posted by ThaWhiteShadow
you are all wrong, grammer will be in prosthetics, no CGI. read it here http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/615/615826p1.html

interesting... they'll have to make him smaller though, tas beast was huge...

munkiesarus
Hmm, did TAS have Maddie Pryor?

I just got reminded (got reminded, heh) when Beast is hanging upside down in the hospital when Jean Grey is there after coming outta the river as Phoenix. So I was wondering if Maddie Pryor came along while Jeannie was in the stasis pod or whatever...

Speaking of TAS, everyone says "OH MY GOSH THAT SHOW ROCKED" but has anyone ever seen it LATELY? As in we all saw it as kids and freaked but now watching it, that cartoon sucked. Good for kids, but the voice acting was terrible, the plots were predictable, and I've got this particular image of Mystique falling into a dam going "Prayerrssss..." in this terrible haggish tone...ahh, the memories.

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus

I just got reminded (got reminded, heh) when Beast is hanging upside down in the hospital when Jean Grey is there after coming outta the river as Phoenix. So I was wondering if Maddie Pryor came along while Jeannie was in the stasis pod or whatever...

Speaking of TAS, everyone says "OH MY GOSH THAT SHOW ROCKED" but has anyone ever seen it LATELY? As in we all saw it as kids and freaked but now watching it, that cartoon sucked. Good for kids, but the voice acting was terrible, the plots were predictable, and I've got this particular image of Mystique falling into a dam going "Prayerrssss..." in this terrible haggish tone...ahh, the memories.

i actually rewatch it often... and its still sweet...

FieryBalrog

theres no coccoon in TAS.

munkiesarus
Lol seriously? You REALLY enjoy it?

Honestly now.

It's definetly fun to watch, but do you think its really THAT GOOD? I mean, gosh, I think its very rigid...

pr1983
Lol seriously? You REALLY enjoy it?

Honestly now.

It's definetly fun to watch, but do you think its really THAT GOOD? I mean, gosh, I think its very rigid...

its the best adaptation of the comics ive ever seen...

munkiesarus
Ok, fine, perhaps it is, but by itself, as a cartoon, it was terrible. I'm older now and as I watch I can't help but cringe at it...

pr1983
Ok, fine, perhaps it is, but by itself, as a cartoon, it was terrible. I'm older now and as I watch I can't help but cringe at it...

laughing

im the same with the movies...

munkiesarus
Well, the movies HAVE travelled a bit off the path. Not a bit, a lot. A major lot.

In fact, a whopping lot.

But whatever...to each his own, eh?

pr1983
Well, the movies HAVE travelled a bit off the path. Not a bit, a lot. A major lot.

In fact, a whopping lot.

But whatever...to each his own, eh?

indeed... the tas does seem off because the comics were very different back then, the tas did its best to translate the comics to the small screen...

it did an admirable job imo (and of course, there were some shit episodes too)

mr.smiley
the cartoon,imo,gave us the best team and best voices for the characters.

hoorayforpeepee
at 9 PM in colorado, you can see the x-men cartoon on channel 76.

pr1983
the cartoon,imo,gave us the best team and best voices for the characters.

i agree... when you think of people like storm, wolverine, cyclops, those are the voices you imagine they have...

mr.smiley
exactly.

munkiesarus
i agree... when you think of people like storm, wolverine, cyclops, those are the voices you imagine they have...

Not today, I don't. Maybe in the 90s, those voices were perfect, but today?

Storm's voice was not Storm. It was more like this highly arrogant, obnoxious, and yet still at the same time rude voice. It was brutal to hear. Storm's voice should be much more..calm. Smooth, like the winds she controls, you know?

Wolverine's voice was gruff. Way to gruff. No one sounds like that today. Today, Wolverine's voice would be not unlike that of Hugh Jackman's. A very masculine voice, but powerful and not grunty like 90s Wolvie's.

Cyclops was FAKE. It was your typical broad chested Super hero voice, powerful and yet sounding like it was a facade for a timid man. Very very fake and cheap, I believe.

Rogue's voice broke my ear drums. There was no "Southern Charm", there was more of a Possum's screeches at night.

I think Beast had a nice voice, but very superficial.

X-Men Legends did a nice job with voices.

Anyway, I don't think that the cartoon can be defined as having the best voices for the character. But then again, I don't like the 90s cartoon much...

If they redid it for today, like with Astonishing and stuff, that would be nice. A nice and normal cartoon: no tweaking stuff. Though that would be very hard...and people would want Evolution back.

Evolution... ;_;

pr1983

X-Men Legends did a nice job with voices.

ill let the others slide, but that? most of those voices were cack...

mr.smiley
yeah,almost too toned down.
As for the animated series,I thought without a doubt,wolverines voice was amazing.

munkiesarus
Gah, I hated Wolverine's voice on TAS.

But..but..'cept for the occaisional voices like Collossus and Nightcrawler, (eek, and Magma), I really liked X-Men Legends voice overs.

Bobby Holiday for Emma was glorious.

pr1983

mr.smiley
kelsey grammar kicks ass!
can't wait to see him in xmen 3

LISA-J
So long he's mostly in make-up or CGI,i'm happy.

recca100
ya sure awaiting 4 x3

mr.smiley
had a dream about x3 last night.
Kelsey grammar was walking through my old high school as the beast(no make up though).
he had a machine on his head and cyclops and somebody else was asking him about him.
I also had another dream about x3 (about a year ago),where the beast transformed into a small and large form (like that guy from the avengers).

munkiesarus
Lol once I dreamt this massive fight with Storm against Phoenix, as Halle and Famke, and it was great. I woke up before anyone won...;_;

mr.smiley
where they naked? smile smile eek! eek!

pr1983
so i'm not the only one to have x related dreams... phew...

munkiesarus
Lol. And no, they were NOT naked...big grin

pr1983
Lol. And no, they were NOT naked...big grin

unlucky...

munkiesarus
Lol, but to tell the truth I was REALLY happy that I saw Famke in the spandex Phoenix outfit...^__^

pr1983
Lol, but to tell the truth I was REALLY happy that I saw Famke in the spandex Phoenix outfit...^__^ #

lol... lady deasthstrike was in mine...

munkiesarus
Lol...cracking her knuckles at the foot of your bed?

pr1983
Lol...cracking her knuckles at the foot of your bed?

a gentleman doesnt kiss and tell...

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/5f0mdl

rouge24
wow, that's kinda scary..... is that an actual pic of him, or did someone just find a pic of him and do that?

pr1983
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/5f0mdl

its a photoshop manip... has to be...

rouge24
that's what i thought

munkiesarus
its a photoshop manip... has to be...

Has to be?

Heck, it BETTER be a manip...

TheFilmProphet
its a photoshop manip

Yeah, it is.

pr1983
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Yeah, it is.

thank f*ck...

Abbita
I actually cant believe he decided to do this....i like beast but i dont see kelsey grammar as him, sure he he can play the personality, frasier was great but i dont see this guy running round everywhere kicking the sh!t out of people you know?

mr.smiley
Gah, I hated Wolverine's voice on TAS.

But..but..'cept for the occaisional voices like Collossus and Nightcrawler, (eek, and Magma), I really liked X-Men Legends voice overs.

Bobby Holiday for Emma was glorious.

I actualy hated Emma's voice.I always pictured bastilas from nights of the old republic,voice wise for Emma

munkiesarus
Meh. Never played it...

ayjay
LOL....dat pick is funny...omg...i hope he doesnt look like that...>__<

DarthLazious
So Frasier is gonna play Beast in X3?

This should be interesting.

Going-Rouge
I wanna see how much he's gonna embarass him selfbig grin. Him in blue furstick out tongue HAHAHA! Wee I have fun shifty

npmadman88
Avi said that he's going to wear make-up and prostheses.

ayjay
probably for like when he's standing still or walking slow or talking...his fights will probably be CGI...

munkiesarus
Most likely. I doubt that his OBLIGATORY fights will be make up and prostethetics.

Hey, guys, as for the CRAZY SEX SCENE (see the X3 Sypnosis thread), how about...

Beast doing Mystique?!?

pr1983
Most likely. I doubt that his OBLIGATORY fights will be make up and prostethetics.

Hey, guys, as for the CRAZY SEX SCENE (see the X3 Sypnosis thread), how about...

Beast doing Mystique?!?

saucy...

ayjay
*shudders....

hahaha..you know wat would REALLY get the fans squeeling!!

Nightcrawler and Mystique......WOOAAA!!!!!

Emma718
interesting..i am sure he will do a great job

mr.smiley
Me too.Grammar will be great.Imagine him and Patric Stewart or Alan Cummings talking to eachother in the movie.Great dialogue

Going-Rouge
*shudders....

hahaha..you know wat would REALLY get the fans squeeling!!

Nightcrawler and Mystique......WOOAAA!!!!!

O-o Ummmm. arn't they RELATED?!?!? sick! and half way thu, she would chaange into other people, like his mother and say "WHo's your mommy!" or he would teliport some whare! sick sick sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.