I have just seen it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falcon4ever
I just saw the exihibitors viewing of AOTC.....People, all your Star Wars wants are answered....Can you say dark and touching..Lucas did it more than right, basically he made this movie for us SW fans.. Hats off George this night has made my year peeps...Get ready to go past parts unknown people..Anybody want to chat aout it, email me [email protected]

queeq
You....you..... saw it????? *GASP*

I just started reading the novel and I think it's almost safe to assume we can begin to regard TPM as a mere prologue to the saga. That way we can forgive its faults: prologues don't have to be exciting. wink

LanceWindu
One interesting quote I found by Anton over at CountingDown is as follows:

I can't wait!!!

Captain REX
Count Dooku could kick Maul's butt! Maul may have a dual-bladed lightsaber, but Count Dooku could out-duel him with his 1 lightsaber. He could just keep blocking and stabbing. He'd win. Thought he fight with Maul was pretty cool anyway.

mah
one guy, film critic-guy, on TV also had seen big parts of it, he claims he's norways biggest SW-fan, and he was damn excited and loved what he saw.

Captain REX
What about you Mah?

Emperor Helmet
Was Qui-Gon's voice heard in the film?

Were there any other saber colors, besides Mace's purple saber?

Captain REX
He said e-mail him.

mah
what about me? I havent seen it

Captain REX
But your the biggest fan aren't you?

queeq
Whether Qui-Gon's voice was in it, is one major thing we want to know yes.

finti
No mah is not the biggest SW fan in Norway, Ive been a SW fan form before Mah was born and there are more people in this country that are really really really obbsesed with SW

mah
that is true and I have never claimed to be it either.

yerssot
and I can safely claim I'm not the biggest SW fan, we have a nest of geeks here somewhere

LanceWindu
I'm a huge SW fan but no where near the biggest. Since I'm not into collecting and costuming that takes me out of the running.

I really want to know if Qui-Gon is heard. I talked to Falcon and he said he wouldn't tell me. He says we need at least some surprises.

yerssot
he will be heared... I have forseen it

Gundark
These last 2 weeks are the worst. At least we have spidey to tide us over. A little.

LanceWindu
Little doesn't even begin to cover it.

yerssot
he can cover you with his webshots... then you would miss the whole movie!

General Kaliero
Maybe he'd let you watch the movie upside-down!!

yerssot
wouldn't be THAT bad!

Captain REX
No, you would pass out from all the blood rushing to your head.

queeq
That says enough. He is. big grin

Emperor Helmet
I can't wait to see it this sunday.

queeq
Sunday??????????? confused

Emperor Helmet
Charity screening in Philly.

queeq
Ah right. Say hi to peter Mayhew. I remember him when he was online on TFN about a year ago, chatting with us. Great fun.

Emperor Helmet
These 6 days just can't go by fast enough. I will give Peter a big Roarrrrrrrr for you. smile

queeq
He is after all, the ultimate Beardi.

Dim
Crap..everyone's going to see it before I will..*sigh*

queeq
Come over to Holland and I will reserve you a seat. wink

Emperor Helmet
By the way, Qui-Gon's voice is not heard in AOTC.

LanceWindu
Dangit.

But at least it's in the novel.

Captain REX
Stupid GL! That would have been good in the film! And do you know anyway, have those 6 days gone by already?

Dim
How do you know that his voice isn't heard, Helmet?..

queeq
Yes, Helmet?

Emperor Helmet
My GM at the theater I work for already saw it. No Qui-Gon at all.

A lot of what's in the book isn't in the film. The long Jedi library scenes explaining Dooku for one aren't the same as the novel. Much shorter. The Tuscen massacre: much shorter. Only 3 Tuskens are shown getting axed.

queeq
Still, the scene where Yoda hears QGJ's voice is also in the script, which is in the back of the Art Of Star Wars.... and a lot that's in the novel is not in the script either.

Dim
Perhaps it's the extra scene that they're showing in the digital theaters..I still haven't heard what that scene's about.

queeq
Extra scene? What's all this then?

Dim
Aparently there's an extra scene in the digital releases..

queeq
Oh???? News to me.... interesting.

Emperor Helmet
Don't count on it. If it's anything, it won't be relevant like that. Especially since 99.999% of the screens showing it, are not equipt with digital projection.

queeq
I thinkso too. It's probably an additional action sequence.

Emperor Helmet
Whatever it is, I'm sure it's meaningless.

queeq
Whatever you say, boss.

Emperor Helmet
Just as meaningless as the DVD link on SW.com.

queeq
Is there any new on there? I haven't checked it for ages.

Emperor Helmet
Nope.

confused

queeq
I figured as much.

Emperor Helmet
It's as big of a waste as the Jedi points on the Action figures. WE have never been able to use them for anything over the last 4 years.

Captain REX
The DVD link is useless, and the Jedi points are useless. They are just trying to make you feel important, which we already are! big grin

queeq
Not until we have the OT on DVD.

yerssot
what are those points for????

Emperor Helmet
My GM at my theater said that Qui-Gon's voice wasn't in the film and a friend of mine who saw a press screening said it was. I guess I will just have to wait till Sunday to let you guys know.

queeq
Yes you said so in another thread.

yerssot
Ratcat watched it today (review @ swmovies.net)

he said this on the forum:

"The voice is in Yoda's head. The first bit is Qui Gon, but the second bit isn't.

It's like this:

QGJ Voice: Anakin! Anakin!
A.N.Other Voice: Nooooooo!

I think it might be Obi-Wans voice from the scene in TPM where QGJ is killed, but I may be wrong.

The QGJ voice also sounds like it is dubbed from TPM, rather that a new recording."

mah
good to see all those positive reviews from swmovies.net

yerssot
well, now I'm REALLY doubting the quality...

it's ok to say it's great, I believe you,
but...
to say it's perhaps even better then ESB...
Then you get my attention, and I'm afraid, since ESB already got a nice 9.5/10 from me, AOTC will not reach it! But people already said it was great!

AAAAAAARGH! I can't take it anymore!

General Kaliero
Yerss, calm down before you hurt yourself! wink

Emperor Helmet
By the way Qui-Gon's voice was in AOTC.

yerssot
but some question if the NOOOOOOOOOOO isn't from OB1

peluffo
smile big grin laughing out loud

General Kaliero
Thanks alot! mad You destroyed the argument I was about to have with Yerssot! Grrr... mad *Takes out lightsabres and chops off Peluffos head* evil face

yerssot
embarrasment
you are way to agressif!
*takes out lightsabre*
*twirls*
you attacked pel!

General Kaliero
*Dodges attack and cuts off Yerss' hand* "Ha, take that! I'm feeling evil face !!"

yerssot
I'm a mutant! those things don't work on me!

General Kaliero
eek! Well, what does?

peluffo
*Whaves hand, meanhile my head on the floor says: * NUZZIN OF THIS IS HAPPENING

Captain REX
*Force pushes everyone to the floor*

Yes, those were just really strong magnets... big grin

peluffo
well done, you little worm!! look where my head goes now!! How can i reach it now???? mad mad

finti
and how can we discuss AOTC and epIII here

queeq
By removing the weirdos.

You guys take that nonsense to the GDF, only ON TOPIC discussions here. Remedy the situation or this WILL be closed.

Emperor Helmet
3PO - "Shut them all down"

queeq
I will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.