Magneto + Cap's shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
Different sources say different things. Marvel says Cap's shield is all Vibranium. Marvel Directory says it's an alloy of vibranium + adamantium. However......

Vibranium
Definition:
A precious extraterrestrial metal found only in meteor deposits in the African nation of Wakanda and in the now-frozen jungle of the Savage Land.

Emphasis on the word metal. So...if Magneto was able without such a horrible effort to simply pull the adamantium out of Wolverine's body, therefore changing it on a molecular level, i think it's safe to assume he could do the same to the vibranium. So...question is....can Magneto turn Cap's shield into a little puddle of Vibranium or Vibranium/Adamantium?

Because i personally think he can. And if he can, Cap's left without his precious toy. And worst of all, the process of creating the shield cannot be duplicated....

Dum dum dum duuuuuuuum......

What are your thoughts?

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
Different sources say different things. Marvel says Cap's shield is all Vibranium. Marvel Directory says it's an alloy of vibranium + adamantium. However......

Vibranium
Definition:
A precious extraterrestrial metal found only in meteor deposits in the African nation of Wakanda and in the now-frozen jungle of the Savage Land.

Emphasis on the word metal. So...if Magneto was able without such a horrible effort to simply pull the adamantium out of Wolverine's body, therefore changing it on a molecular level, i think it's safe to assume he could do the same to the vibranium. So...question is....can Magneto turn Cap's shield into a little puddle of Vibranium or Vibranium/Adamantium?

Because i personally think he can. And if he can, Cap's left without his precious toy. And worst of all, the process of creating the shield cannot be duplicated....

Dum dum dum duuuuuuuum......

What are your thoughts?

~wickerman~

i agree... if vibranium is any sort of metal or alloy then magneto should be able to affect it...

he did in the ultimates didnt he?

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
i agree... if vibranium is any sort of metal or alloy then magneto should be able to affect it...

he did in the ultimates didnt he?

I'm not aware of that ultimates thing. However, yes, it is metal and therefore i don't think Caps could do anything to stop him. Rather a sad tragic moment IMO. Oh wait, the Ultimates reference you gave...does it have to do with Caps running around with that energy shield later on? (the one that looks like a hologram) ?

~wickerman~

pr1983
I'm not aware of that ultimates thing. However, yes, it is metal and therefore i don't think Caps could do anything to stop him. Rather a sad tragic moment IMO. Oh wait, the Ultimates reference you gave...does it have to do with Caps running around with that energy shield later on? (the one that looks like a hologram) ?

~wickerman~

no... magneto attacks the avengers base, thor throws his hammer and magneto stops it easily, im sure cap also throws his shield... and mags says something to the effect of "who throws a shield?"

i have the comic, ill look it up...

Wickerman
no... magneto attacks the avengers base, thor throws his hammer and magneto stops it easily, im sure cap also throws his shield... and mags says something to the effect of "who throws a shield?"

i have the comic, ill look it up...

laughing laughing laughing laughing

That's gotta be one of the funniest things ol' Fridge magnet's ever said.

~wickerman~

pr1983
the pic...

Wickerman
the pic...

OMG that's so freekin awesome it makes me wanna cry

~wickerman~

pr1983
OMG that's so freekin awesome it makes me wanna cry

~wickerman~

heres what happened to thor...

Wickerman
heres what happened to thor...

that's so wicked...we must remember this thread for future vs. threads to reference to it.

~wickerman~

pr1983
that's so wicked...we must remember this thread for future vs. threads to reference to it.

~wickerman~

it is ultimate, so i dont know how similar to official universe it is...

Wickerman
it is ultimate, so i dont know how similar to official universe it is...

Yes, pretty much in the same boat as Evo.

~wickerman~

radioboy121
In normal continuity when Magneto was heading the New Mutants, the Avengers ambushed him and when Captain American threw his shield, he couldn't control it (something about the Vibranium) and it was Magik who was present that had to rid of the shield in the battlefield (teleported it to Limbo). This was in the 80's however.

Demigawd mentioned in the vs. post once that Joseph (clone of Magneto) was able to control Captain America's shield and with all the upgrades I keep hearing of Magneto, he should also have no trouble now.

Note: a robot poser of Magneto was able to grapple and shoot back the shield of Captain America's in Acts of Vengeance, but it was using something else to emulate Magneto's power.

Wickerman
Originally posted by radioboy121
In normal continuity when Magneto was heading the New Mutants, the Avengers ambushed him and when Captain American threw his shield, he couldn't control it (something about the Vibranium) and it was Magik who was present that had to rid of the shield in the battlefield (teleported it to Limbo). This was in the 80's however.

Demigawd mentioned in the vs. post once that Joseph (clone of Magneto) was able to control Captain America's shield and with all the upgrades I keep hearing of Magneto, he should also have no trouble now.

Note: a robot poser of Magneto was able to grapple and shoot back the shield of Captain America's in Acts of Vengeance, but it was using something else to emulate Magneto's power.

I know of both the robot and Joseph. The robot was weaker than Magneto when it came to power. Joseph was stronger than Magneto as in raw power, but had incredible trouble controlling it and using it properly. Magneto would wipe the floor with him. And yeah, since the 80's Magneto's received many upgrades. I mean if the dude can control the entire Earth's magnetism, or create Black Holes, etc. etc....i think he could control the shield...maybe even destroy it as i said in the earlier post.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.