Destroyer Vs Superman Vs Hulk Vs Juggernaut Vs Gladiator Vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
BROUGHT STRENGTH MATCH

Betageuze
which destroyer ? drax or the asgardian one ?
i think Hulk , Juggy, and Gladiator are in the same league as Superman

Asgardian Destroyer perhaps would be on top.... but never underestimate an out of control Hulk

i dont think Thing be able to keep up

mdbull73
strictly brute strength and nothing else, definitely Hulk.

Wynndar
Thing is no match for these guys in terms of strength

leonidas
if its asgardian destroyer all the others can combine against him and still lose. the destroyer was made by odin to battle the flippin' celestials. even ODIN can't beat it.

otherwise i say supes. in my opinion he's tougher than glads, has too many powers for hulk or thing. he'd have a hard time putting juggs down for the count, though and to be perfectly honest, i'm not sure he COULD actually knock him out. he'd definitely need a strategy. minus the destroyer supes and juggs battle forever or until supes out thought him.

ZephroCarnelian
I agree, Leo.

kgkg
Destroyer Vs Superman Vs Hulk Vs Juggernaut Vs Gladiator Vs Thing

it will be

1) Destroyer
2) Gladiator
3) Superman
4) Hulk/ Juggernaut
5) Thing

armandovalles
Thing is a match for ALL of these guys. U guys underestimate him way too much. Dont forget, in an early fantastic four issue the Thing defeated the Asgardian Destroyer, by himself!

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
Thing is a match for ALL of these guys. U guys underestimate him way too much. Dont forget, in an early fantastic four issue the Thing defeated the Asgardian Destroyer, by himself!
Read what Galactus says

Destroyer would kill the thing so fast it's not even funny.

Match for all of these guys?

Gladiator - already messed him up bad
Superman - Thing is no match for him, we both know this
Hulk - He might give Hulk few punches but hulk will beat the Thing just like how Jugs did.
Juggernaut - Did you read Sec. Wars?

leonidas
damn kgkg, i was just gonna quote that same issue!! er, hate it when someone steals my thunder . . .

but well done - that's an old book and not an easy recollection!

long pig
What did the destroyer do to jugs in the SW comic?

I don't recall anything about jugs vs destroyer.

What happend?

Cosmic Cube
The only people on this list proven to have unlimited strength potential are Destroyer and Hulk. Unless the Destroyer is being powered by Odin, it's going to get ripped apart like it did last time it faced Hulk. Pure strength, Hulk wins by a long shot.

leonidas
<<it's going to get ripped apart like it did last time it faced Hulk. Pure strength, Hulk wins by a long shot.>>

when was this, because i find it exceedingly difficult to believe the destroyer could literally crush thor and hercules at the same time but be 'ripped apart' by the hulk. i usually respect your posts cc, but i'd love an issue number to back this one up.

Cosmic Cube
Sure, leonidas. One sec.

long pig
The Destroyers power really is based on who's spirit is inhabiting it.

Hulk destroyed it while it wasn't inhabited by an asgardian.
But, if it is inhabited by an asgardian like thor or odin, then he beats everyone.
Jugs might survive, I dunno.

leonidas
<<Hulk destroyed it while it wasn't inhabited by an asgardian.
But, if it is inhabited by an asgardian like thor or odin, then he beats everyone.
Jugs might survive, I dunno.>>

but the spirit doesn't dictate the indestructible nature of the destroyer's body, long. the fact that there's a weak willed person in it doesn't matter - jane foster was once imprisoned in the destroyer by loki (i think loki did it) and the destroyer still annihilated thor. the body was designed to battle the celestials, its disintegration ray was designed to kill the celestials (it failed but it did obliterate their shield and did appear to at least cause some harm to them). i cannot imagine hulk ripped it apart at any time. but i wait on cosmic cube to prove me wrong. smile

kgkg
The only time Hulk faced the destroyer (that I can remember is hulk 406)

And Hulk couldn't take him down physical. (In other words he got rapped)

Destroyer was controlled by Maestro

Cosmic Cube
Hulk manhandling Destroyer.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk destroying Destroyer.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
The only time Hulk faced the destroyer (that I can remember is hulk 406)

And Hulk couldn't take him down physical. (In other words he got rapped)

Destroyer was controlled by Maestro

Volume 2 #406? Destroyer isn't in that one.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Volume 2 #406? Destroyer isn't in that one.
#461 sorry.

Beside that Destroyer was nothing like the one Odin sent to fight Celestials.

leonidas
hmm, it appears i was wrong, though i'd love to know if that was the REAL destroyer. if it was . . . (shakes head as faith in good writing crumbles to dust)

looks like i owe you an apology cosmic cube, and marvel owes me one hell of an explanation . . .

ps-what issue numbers were those?

kgkg

leonidas
oops, sorry kg. in the above post i somehow missed that you were talking about THIS issue. i'm curious though - why do you say it was so different from the destroyer v celestials destroyer? you mean because it didn't ave skygod spirits in it? it shouldn't have mattered i would think. as i said earlier, jane foster was in it when it crushed thor. was this actually the real asgardian destroyer? i'm completely puzzled about how this could have happened given destroyer's past history.

kgkg
The destroyer that was send by Odin to fight Celestial was attacked by la team of Celestial.

And it kicked ass

I haven't read that issues were hulk rips the Destroyer armor

Yo cosmic cube what issue does it happen?

Because in #461 destroyer didn't lose in a physical battle

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
The destroyer that was send by Odin to fight Celestial was attacked by la team of Celestial.

And it kicked ass

I haven't read that issues were hulk rips the Destroyer armor

Yo cosmic cube what issue does it happen?

Because in #461 destroyer didn't lose in a physical battle

Trying to find out. I got the picture off of another message board, but no issue# was specified. But there's only one Destroyer, so it must be the same one he fought in 461. Go figure.

long pig
When did jane foster ever inhabit the Destroyer?

I've never heard of that.

paolo2134
the hulk never defeated the destroyer let alone smashed his armour,the second image cosmic cube posted is not the asgardian destroyer.I have the one issue they fought in hulk#461 and the destroyer handed hulk's butt to him.Earlier on in the fight the maestro is toyin with the hulk whilst in destroyer's body the all of a sudden he blasts him once and smashes hin with 3 or 4 punches and the hulk is left battered,bleeding and on his knees.If his spirit hadn't been sucked into destroyer's body he was a goner.

leonidas
the hulk never defeated the destroyer let alone smashed his armour,the <<second image cosmic cube posted is not the asgardian destroyer.I have the one issue they fought in hulk#461 and the destroyer handed hulk's butt to him.Earlier on in the fight the maestro is toyin with the hulk whilst in destroyer's body the all of a sudden he blasts him once and smashes hin with 3 or 4 punches and the hulk is left battered,bleeding and on his knees.If his spirit hadn't been sucked into destroyer's body he was a goner.>>

ahhhhhhh, i figured there HAD to be a logical explanation. thanks paolo for clearing that up. thought i was going nuts.

<<When did jane foster ever inhabit the Destroyer?
I've never heard of that.>

ha! i suck. you know long, as i was remembering that, i was thinking something just isn't right about that statement. it's because i don't THINK it happened in a thor book (it may have, it would have been a VERY early thor, just after the change from JIM - i'm gonna check eventually) but i think i was remembering it from the old thor cartoon show! damn, so long ago now, i can't remember exactly. suffice to say it did happen - in a book or on the tv show, but i think it was the show. i wonder, does that make it irrelevant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.