PG-13 or R rated Horror?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stingray005
I checked and I don't think this has been done before..... so whatever. Anyway I was wondering what type of horror movies you like better, PG-13 ones (Sixth Sense, Ring) or R rated ones??? (NOES, Friday 13th, and so on)

Deano
im not familar with US ratings

in uk its

(pg)
(12)
(15)
(18)

i dont mind watching 15's..the films can be still scary

Cinemaddiction
Uh, R, naturally.

tabby999
yeah, generally if the movie is good and truely scarey it wouldn't be under R

stingray005
In my opinion R rated movies are scary b/c of the gore factor while PG-13 movies depend more on the "pop out and scare the $hit out of you for a split second" factor. (Like the grudge and other crappy movies)

hh?
R

Wolfie
It's gotta be R.
Originally posted by Deano
im not familar with US ratings

in uk its

(pg)
(12)
(15)
(18)

i dont mind watching 15's..the films can be still scary
In US it's
G (anyone)
PG (anyone)
PG-13
R (under 17 accompanied by someone at least 25)
NC-17 (no one under 17)

papabeard
Obviously R or NC-17 , although some 15's can be effective, but they are never as good as R or 18 certificates

MildPossession
12 has changed here at cinemas now because of Spiderman, it's now 12A so a child under 12 can go see a film that is 12A(eg Star Wars III) as long as there is an adult with them.

*Kitty*Killar*
I watch:
G
PG
PG-13
R
Anyway, shouldn't the ring 2 be like rated R???

Cinemaddiction
R for Ridiculous?

tabby999
R for Repetitive?

MetalHeart
im 15 and i always see R movies alone but thats because i look like im about 19.
and i dont care what the movie's rated, as long as its good

ragesRemorse
It doesnt matter. Horror flicks get R ratings for gore, language and sexual content. These three things are not necessary for a good horror movie, but they help cover up the terrible story most of the time. PG-13 and R rated horror movies can be just as bad or just as good as each other. it all depends on the subject matter. Unless of course you are a gore connoisseur like myself, then R is the only rating worth watching. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.