Jesus said that you must be born again to enter Heaven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedeo
Jesus replied, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven. So don't be surprised at my statement that you must be born again (John 3:5-7).

The Bible makes it clear that we have all sinned. Romans 3:10 proclaims, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." We are all sinners in need of mercy and forgiveness from God (Titus 3:5-7). Because of our sin, we deserve eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46). And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul? (Matthew 16:26).

Jesus died on the cross in our place, taking the punishment that we deserve (Romans 5:8 ). Jesus rose from the dead to prove His victory over sin, death, and Hell (Colossians 2:15; 1 Corinthians chapter 15). Because of all of this, we can have our sins forgiven and be promised an eternal home in Heaven - if we will just place our faith in Jesus Christ. All we have to do is believe that He died in our place and rose from the dead (Romans 10:9-10). We can be saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. Ephesians 2:8 declares, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."

If you want to be born again and forgiven of your sins and go to Heaven when you die or when Jesus returns; pray the sinner's prayer below. The sinner's prayer is a plea for grace instead of judgment. It is a request for mercy instead of wrath.

Saying the sinner's prayer is simply a way of declaring to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ as your Savior. There are no "magical" words that result in salvation. It is only faith in Jesus' death and resurrection that can save us.

The Sinner's Prayer
(Say out loud if possible) "God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve to be punished for my sins. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. God, I believe that You sent Your Son Jesus to take the punishment that I deserve. I believe He shed His blood and died on the cross in my place. God, I believe that you raised Jesus from the dead and that He is alive in Heaven. I want to spend eternity in Heaven with Him. I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! Amen!"

Still not convinced that you are a sinner in need of a Savior? Let's see if you have ever "sinned." We will do so by looking briefly at the Ten Commandments. Have you kept the Ten Commandments? Have you always loved God above all else? Or have you made a god to suit yourself? Have you ever used God's name to curse? Have you kept the Sabbath holy, and honored your father and mother? Have you hated anyone? God considers hatred to be as murder. Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart" (this includes sex before marriage). Have you looked with lust? Have you stolen anything? (The value of the item is irrelevant). Have you lied? (Including answering these questions). Have you ever desired what belongs to others? The Bible warns that the Day will come when God will punish all murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, etc. He will even judge our words and thoughts. So, on Judgment Day will you be guilty or innocent? Perhaps you think that God is good, and He will overlook your sins. But it is His goodness that will make sure that murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, etc. receive justice. Or perhaps you think that your good deeds will outweigh the bad on that Day, but the fact that a criminal gives to charities has nothing to do with his crime. All the good works in the world will not bribe God to forgive your sins. Every transgression will be punished.

God loves us and doesn't want to have to punish us for our sins so He made a way to remedy our lost and sinful condition. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16). God became a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14). Jesus taught us the truth about God and lived a perfectly righteous and sinless life (John 8:46; 2 Corinthians 5:21). In Isaiah 52:13-53:12, the prophet foreshadowed the life and mission of Jesus, who was born about 700 years later. In Isaiah 53:3, the prophet said that a servant of God would be rejected and despised. Jesus was indeed rejected by many people living in the land of Israel, and He was later crucified by the Romans. In Isaiah 53:5, the prophet described a servant as being punished for the sins of others, and that others would be healed by the wounds of this person. As explained in the Gospel - the four New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - Jesus was crucified for our sins, even though He was sinless. This ultimate sacrifice redeemed us all from sin in the same way that lambs were once sacrificed as a symbolic way of cleansing people from sin. And so, all of us can be accepted into the Kingdom of God, as though we were sinless, if we accept Jesus as our Savior. We are healed through the wounds that Jesus suffered. The prophet said that the servant would be afflicted and accused, but like a lamb being led to slaughter, he would remain silent. As explained in Matthew 27:12-14, which was recorded about 700 years after the time of Isaiah, this is what happened to Jesus. He was falsely accused but remained silent and did not protest the accusations. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later. In Isaiah 53:9, the prophet wrote about a sinless servant being put to death with the wicked and buried with the rich. About 700 years after this was written, Jesus was put to death along with two criminals and was buried in a tomb owned by a wealthy man, as explained in the New Testament. The New Testament says that Jesus was resurrected three days later and ascended into Heaven. In Isaiah 61, there are passages that speak of an anointed one who preaches the good news to the poor, frees the people who are imprisoned, heals the blind and releases the oppressed. About 700 years after the time of Isaiah, Jesus relates these Bible passages to Himself:

Luke 4:15-20 (NIV translation):
14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.
15 He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read.
17 The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him,
21 and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."
At this point during the ministry of Jesus, he had already been preaching the good news to the poor and he had already healed many people of various afflictions, including blindness, both in a physical sense and in a spiritual sense.

If you haven't decided yet, please make the only wise decision and walk through this door of forgiveness before it's eternally too late. We don't know exactly when we will die, this is why it is so important to get saved today because you may die prematurely in a traffic accident, terrorist attack or something else before you get another chance.

The Bible speaks of two places that we will spend eternity, either Heaven or Hell (a place of eternal torment). Wouldn't it be great to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that no matter what happens from this day forward you are Heaven bound? Oh friend, it would be terrible to die and go to Hell when all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

If you already are a Christian, are you living as if Jesus might return any minute? Have you committed your life to holiness? Are you praying for the lost and witnessing the Lord when you have an opportunity?

Are you yearning for the Lord's return? Can you say with Paul that you are a candidate for a "crown of righteousness" because you have lived your life "in the love of His appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8 )?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. - Jesus, in John 14:3.

WindDancer
Moving to Religion forum...

FeceMan
Extremely long post, extremely wrong forum.

*Points to the Religion forum.*

Big Evil
ZzZzZzZz

Huh wha? Sorry, wasn't paying attention.. do me a favor and don't put so much Bible in one sitting.. laughing

BackFire
This is spam, closing.

bah, again, beaten to the punch, damn you WD stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.