So...How spoiled were you? (spoilers from the word go!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
Just got home from seeing the movie and firstly have to say i loved it.
So im curious, with all the clips, the novel extracts, the video game and other various sources, how spoiled were you when you actually saw the film?

As for me, well ive managed to stay away from all of the above and the only thing i'd seen was TV clips, trailers etc and even though it was perhaps obvious to all how the stories were going to pan out, i was pleasantly surprised that i didnt feel in the least bit spoiled.

For instance, Id seen no pictures or clips of Anakin and his somewhat charred body, nor his rather graphic transformation into the big black machine that is Vader (well the true vader in my mind).
I also was expecting the anakin vs obi-wan duel to go rather differently, i had no feeling that obi-wan would set all his emotions aside and leave anakin to die, although the great flow of the movie explains his reasons for this very well indeed.

Finally, Palpatines manipulation of Anakin was superbly done and very well written, making up for some of the rather lacklustre dialogue in the previous prequals, thus allowing Christensen to prove his critics wrong and display his obvious fine acting abilities.

How about you guys?

Jedi Priestess
Ive seen it all but the script. And now Im leaving to see the movie, I'll let you know if being spoiled has an effect.

Darth_Duffy
Enjoy! (trust me you will wink )

astrofan428
Read the book, seen evry pic, seen every video.

And I am still excited as hell, just waiting for my buddy to get off work.

Imaginary
Seen a few pics, the trailers, TV spots, the leaked footage waaaaaaaaaaay back in 2003, a couple of accidental spoilers and that's it... and I read the Visual Dictionary, if that counts.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
One thing that really spoiled me was Grevious, sure he looked kool and did his thing but wow, he wasnt that badass as i thought he would be.............see i pictured him being like a Darth Maul, but no he was nothing even close....he sucked (huge disappointment on him) but the rest of the movie was unbelieveable, IT WAS AWESOME SEE IT!

Imaginary
He had two of his arms chopped off in a matter of seconds... yes, Grievous was a disappointment.

Jedi Priestess
As far as pics etc, it made absolutely no difference, but I will say the book was waaay better simply because it went into so much more of the story. So in that respect I found the movie lacking.

star22
I am pretty much completely spoiled. I have read every review, seen every trailer, read the book, read the making of book, and seen every picture. I don't know how more spoiled I can get.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
well thadz too bad find a new hoby....its all over now anyways

zavin
dont worry, i dont think that there was a person as spoiled as me that has seen the movie and hasnt enjoyed it, cos when u enter the cinema, and lucasfilm logo appears, u forget all th spoilers and focus on the movie, i saw it very spoiled, and got out very surprised

Falacerjedi
I am glad I read the book before going to see the movie, the book explained alot of the stories much better - alot of which seemed very rushed in the movie. I can see the 'directors cut" of ep3 being a good 30-40 mins longer than what we saw on the big screen IF Lucas will put one out because we all know alot of the things that got left out or cut from the film.

No Qui-Gon appearing to Yoda is the one scene I was really looking forward to I cant believe after all the promises of that being explained by the end of ep3 it got cut.

atila the great
Originally posted by Falacerjedi

No Qui-Gon appearing to Yoda is the one scene I was really looking forward to I cant believe after all the promises of that being explained by the end of ep3 it got cut.

i was also looking foward to that scene, I practically missed the next 3 minutes of the movie telling my friend that that scene was so important

DenKi
I knew i shouldnt of Came on this Forum, I got spoiled too much before i went to see the Movie, Here one of many Examples, Yoda throwing back the force lighting into Sidious, i saw that clip weeks ago and everyone in the Cinema was cheering and i was kinda bored cause i saw that clip about 10 times.

Sans_Fi
Totally spoiled: Script, book, comic, soundtrack (even i memorized the ost) every day i went 2 or 3 times to this page or mf.com to see news and pics. Any video that appeared (trailers, trivial, leaked...) i saw them plenty times each one... And fighting to find any archive that was ripped and then destroyed by lucasfilm..

And yes... NO HYPER$PACE NEEDED...

Lana
I went in completely spoiled, and still was incredibly impressed. Only thing was wondering what happened to certain scenes....but as I've always said, knowing what happens and seeing it are completely different.

moonwalker741
I've been on this forum for a LONG time, I predicted alot of things that happened in the movie

eleveninches
I'd read most of the main spoilers on the internet, and had read through the graphic novel, played both the lego (x-box and GBA) and the episode 3 x-box games. I also bought the novel, but havnt read much past the first chapter, so I was familiar with some bits of it

darkandroid
i've read the book and script in the past nd still loved the film.

Also in the clone wars TV series Grevious was a awesome but in the film he was a disappointment and he wasn't killing enough jedi like in the tv series he killed quite a few with ease.

star22
Spoiling does not ruin the movie. At least it didn't ruin it for me. In fact, it made it better because I could concentrate on what was going on better.

Dexx
everything was pretty much known....
i didn't know anything about sidious' master tough...that was a surprise.
i was pretty pissed on how mace died.
the acting was superficial....as the whole atmosphere of the movie....i expected better.
lines like wait a minute!..how did this happen? we're smarter than this cut the profoundness of the movie wink

good cgis...as expected....with a few things that could have been better. oh well....the story is now compelte, and that';s what i wanted to see.

Ushgarak
That line did make me think it was a role-playing game, actually...

Dexx
yes.....it was too....jokish. as were other moments.

Dexx
like that tarzan scream of the chargin wookie wink...it was lame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.