Rate Episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeVi| D0do
10 being perfect, 1 being atrocious

Cheesiness
Tsk tsk tsk...

Imaginary
Have you seen it, Cheesiness?

Cheesiness
Originally posted by Imaginary
Have you seen it, Cheesiness?

No.

finti
gave it a 3

Imaginary
Didn't think so.

Cheesiness
Originally posted by Imaginary
Didn't think so.

Why did you think that?

Imaginary
Originally posted by finti
gave it a 3

Why's that, finti?

finti
it didnt deserve more. Great effects but the story is really really weak and so is a lot of the acting. Just to compare I gave AOTC 1 and TPM 0, As of the OT ANH 9, ESB 10, ROTJ 6.

To sum it up, GL took too many shortcuts to pressing issues to tie the saga together, he even messes up and make some of the dialogue in the OT complete irrelevant

((The_Anomaly))
i gave it a 9, a little more length would have been better, overall it was amazing!

the sword fights, jebus!!!! i was stunned by the Obi/ Anakin fight, it was simply amazing..

finti
another thing the rubber mask of the Emperor was horrible, with all the time spent on effects that was all they bothered to come up with concerning the Emperor.

queeq
Amen!

EHmasterJedi
Gave it a 8, to anyone else did it seem like GG, Dooku, Mace Windu were killed and Anakin was already turned to the darkside in like the first 10 mintues lol, things happened REAL fast it seamed like.

Imaginary
Yeah, their sabers were literally blue blurs. I thought Palpy's masks were pretty bad, his grunting in the Mace scene just made me go "What the f**k?" Also, some of the dialogue was pretty cheesy, like the Anakin-Padme "I'm in love with you" exchange. And I thought when Anakin said to Obi-Wan "Don't make me kill you" (or something to that extent) it should have been "Don't make me destroy you" just to connect the PT and OT better. The humour was out of place, I think... it was good, I just don't think it belonged in RotS.

My $0.02 smile

DeVi| D0do
I liked Palp's grunting and other... noises. And the faces he makes in that sequence... Ian rocks!

queeq
Palpy's grunting was terrible.

DeVi| D0do
what can I say? I liked it. big grin

and his weird "No, no, no, you will die!"... I LOVED IT!

the masks were horrible though.

Imaginary
yes

queeq
Yup, I gave it an eight.

Jedi Priestess
I gave it an 8, but I really would have given it a 7.5 had that been an option.

EHmasterJedi
Kind of thought was Palpi boarder line over acting

((The_Anomaly))
nah, hes supposed to be like that....

hes the super evil guy, when he goes really evil with the voice, its awsome...

queeq
The grunting was too much though.

Lazerlike42
there were scenes with Palpatine that were nothin other than "boring" dialogue and his acting made them awesome

astrofan428

FieryBalrog
I gave it a 5.

Pros
Dramatic ending with real weight, some reasonably good lines, reasonably good acting from Ian until the Mace Windu scene (which, in my opinion, was pretty awful). Awesome intro space battle. Haydn actually manages to act in about 60% of his scenes. Natalie Portman gave a decent performance and Ewen McGregor was alright. Order 66 was pretty nicely depicted.

Cons
Yoda was awful. Some real clunkers in the dialoge ("Its because I'm in love with you"/"No its because I'm in love with you"wink. General Greivous was a waste of a villain, a big letdown. Tooooo many lightsabers, it made the Obi/Anakin duel much less impressive. Score was weak. And the droids got annoying eventually.

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^ ^

who is this and why does she have a sig so similar to my last one? blink

astrofan428
*listens to faint meow sounds*

Jedi Priestess
Nothing faint about that astro, I AM the fiery red head here! evil face

astrofan428
Sorry seemed faint, all I hear in my head is "I Hate You!!!".

Your more tiger than regular cat.

Jedi Priestess
Well is IS all about the dark side baby! But I digress.......how could anyone thinkg a Williams score is "weak"?

astrofan428
I liked the droids, I always have. But why did the super battle droids sound as ***** like as the little ones?

bilb
I give it a 9, almost perfection with a few minor gripes

SPANMAN11
I give Star Wars Episode 3 a 9.5

queeq
8 tops

zavin
8 would be fine!

DeadStar
Originally posted by queeq
Palpy's grunting was terrible.

just becuase you didnt like it dosent mean other people wont ;p

WindDancer
I would give it a 7. And I would say is movie worth watching. Even for people who aren't fans.

ShadowKing
I give a preliminary 8. I want to see it again now that the shock of the unknown is gone. Ian rocked! Hayden was great when he starts yelling at Padme at the end. Ewan was a stable even toned performance ( I would have like to see him have an emotional moment after he was out of sight of Anakin though...) William's score was on target, especially during order 66 and Grievous was badass during the four-armed saber scene! IMHO

The Last Son
I gave it a 7. I liked the movie, but George put too much into 2 1/2 hours. Things moved too fast. The Genreal Grevious fight was too short and he should have done more. I would have loved to see more of Vader in his original suit. I think Anakin should have freaked out when he first put the suit on. He seemed a little too normal about it. Plus Vader should have had more lines. What I wanted to see was too short.

DeVi| D0do
I think the whole Grievous thing was kinda stupid... they could have cut that whole bit out.

He has no backstory... the coughing, his heart and all that stuff... I know it's been dealt with in books, cartoons etc. but everything we needed to know souhld have been in the film, which it wasn't.

People around me were confused too... 'what the-? droids have hearts?'

jainasolo55
i give it an 8 maybe 8.5 i thought it was amazing except for padme and her corny lines ugh *rolls eyes*, and i few other things but this movie def tops TPM and AOTC i thought it was the best of the prequels and almost as good at the OT. i agree that it did seem like things happened fast, i didnt think anakin would side with palpatine untill later in the film. I still dont understand how palpatine just came up w/ the name darth vader, thought there would be an explaination for that.

DeVi| D0do
At this stage the average based on this poll is 8.6

mike_kenobi
it deseved nothing more thatn a ten i gave it that. it is by FAR the my favirite episode

tlbauerle
I can't believe all these 10's....I gave it a 7...8 just didn't feel right.

Malic Clanorian
i think the movie was a little rushed...i hope they come out with a extended version on dvd...a little back ground into rebel alliance...the blue glowy phase...stuff like that...there were a couple loop holes...

DeVi| D0do
wow, this has made the IMDb top 250...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/

the average here is still 8.6

jainasolo55
they're coming out with a tv show i heard thats where they're gonna put all those cut scenes from the movie in

DeVi| D0do
Man... did you really have to ruin my beautiful thread with that crap?

McCusto
10/10 without a doubt

kalsemo
Originally posted by McCusto
10/10 without a doubt

ditto!!!!!

cheers

Jedi Priestess
after watching it again last night, Im going with an 8 still yes

DeVi| D0do
I think I gave it an 8 before... now I'd give it a 7.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.