Read Only If You Saw The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
if u havent seen the movie stop reading right NOW..............

ok, and anyone whos left, wasnt that movie NAZTY! it was great, great but still had some dissapointments: like Gereral Grevious, we all got so worked up to see this guy and he just gets slaughtered by obi, although he did put up a good fight, he wasnt the "badass" we would have loved to see: Darth Maul! he should have been in Ep3, but he wasnt. Oh well....

Overall the movie was great and everything was Awesome! There were so many great fights:

-Dooku vs Anakin/and a little from Obiwan
-Grevious vs Obiwan
-Mace(and jedi) vs Palp/Darth Sid
-Anakin vs Obiwan
-Yoda vs Darth Sid

They were all so great!!!!

FieryBalrog
I just saw it.

thoughts.

Too many lightsabers

best line: "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause".

worst line(s):

"You're so beautiful."
"Its only because I'm so in love."
"No, its because I'm so in love with you.

Richard FilmFre
The coolest surprise in this version i've seen was DUEL OF FATES!!!!

DeVi| D0do
I thought DOTF in this film was gonna annoy me... but it worked well.

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
worst line(s):

"You're so beautiful."
"Its only because I'm so in love."
"No, its because I'm so in love with you.
yeah, and that line was delivered really badly by Hayden...

Imaginary

best line: "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause".

yes

cal31
One of my favorite parts has to be Chewie giving Yoda a ride on his shoulders, that was great to see. The Order 66 scene though, has to be one of my favorite film moments of all time. I mean, I was just so locked into the movie during that part it was amazing.

Imaginary
I was crying during Order 66... but yeah, it was amazing.

Darth MoonPIE
we're you really crying? This is a serious question im not poking fun.

I will probably get pretty teary eyed during most of the movie but im just curious was it really that tragic/sad?

ps. I havent seen the movie yet.. but I will in about 10hours and 30 mins.... hehee

Imaginary
Yes I really was crying... but I'm a girl erm

Lord Yoda
i was shacking the entire time. But it was awesome!!! big grin

Darth MoonPIE
Im a girly man when it comes to emotional touching movies, but don't worry we aren't the only people who cry at cheesy emo movies. tee hee

I can't wait...10 hours and 15 mins til im sitting in the theater to see the movie!

Camo Di Mass
The movie was great but I'm kind a dissapointed with Grievous . He starts all cool with 4 lightsabers and suddenly bang bang there is no Grievous . Another dissapointment was Palpatine's fight with Mace Windu and rest of the guys . I thought it would be much faster .

But all in all the movie was awesome but It was soooo sad . From half of the movie , there are all this really sad scenes . I don't think all scenes between Anakin and Padme were bad . I liked the way they talked in the shadow the first time and how they had this connection when they were looking at each other from two different places ...

Envious Eyes
I thought it was a pretty good movie... but I saw a lot of things I though could have been better such as the dialog, the editing, the transitional wipes, and the overwhelming CG effects that looks so awesome it hurts.

spldr10
possitives:

the action was great

saber battles were great

lots of r2d2 action hehe

acting for the most part was suprsingly good

jar jar binks did not speak once lol

obi / anakin battle was amazing

anakin frying in the lava was a great scene

some dissapointments:

general grevious turned out to be a dissapointment...sounded corny and the way he died was stupid.

no qui-gon (only referenced to him... you did not see his spirit)

they did not talk much about how a jedi is able to come back in spirit after death... the conversation was about 10 seconds long.

the scene when you see anakin getting the vader suit put on... it was kinda like a scene from frankenstein lol... and why did he immediately ask how padme was... why was he so concerned about her since he just got done trying to choke her to death lol.

also ... padme dies right after giving birth ... so how can leia remember her "real mother" as she said in ROTJ?? thats a major screw up there. no clue how lucas could get that wrong.

i thought sidious was sounding to much like a wuss when he was screaming for help while his lighting was being deflected by windu. his voice became this high pitch wine lol.

when obi-wan hands beru the baby... nothing was said lol... that was weird... beru and owen did not say one word.

you really did not see anakin do much damage in the jedi temple...it was all mostly "assumed".

Lazerlike42
yeah Lucas said he was trying to do something in the spirit of the 40s for Vader's creation, and well, he did.... I'm not a huge fan but hey whatever lol

As far as Qui-gon is concerned I think it is a contract issue of sorts

FieryBalrog
the opening space battle was awesome. I thought it was easily the best action sequence. There was wayyyyyyy too much use of lightsabers. Fewer lightsabers = much bigger impact when they ARE used. The Jedis were busting out lightsabers every 40 seconds. Some interesting battles with force usage would have been cool, but we only had part of the Yoda/Palpatine fight for that. Yoda and Palpatine shouldnt have used sabers at all, they should be beyond that. Just a high lvl force battle.

astrofan428
I couldnt think of what thread to ask this in, but where the hell was the Falcon?

I know it was during the crash but I couldnt see it.

Lazerlike42
the opening space battle was awesome. I thought it was easily the best action sequence. There was wayyyyyyy too much use of lightsabers. Fewer lightsabers = much bigger impact when they ARE used. The Jedis were busting out lightsabers every 40 seconds. Some interesting battles with force usage would have been cool, but we only had part of the Yoda/Palpatine fight for that. Yoda and Palpatine shouldnt have used sabers at all, they should be beyond that. Just a high lvl force battle.

It is essentially established in AOTC that high level force users cannot use the force in combatance because their skills cancel one another out, and therefore lightsabers are the only way to reach a final victor. If you're curious there's a big part of a thread somewhere around here where this topic was discussed quite a bit. I forget which one it was but there is some interesting discussion if you can fid it. Try searching Dooku and "skills at the lightsaber" and you may come across it....

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
It is essentially established in AOTC that high level force users cannot use the force in combatance because their skills cancel one another out, and therefore lightsabers are the only way to reach a final victor. If you're curious there's a big part of a thread somewhere around here where this topic was discussed quite a bit. I forget which one it was but there is some interesting discussion if you can fid it. Try searching Dooku and "skills at the lightsaber" and you may come across it....

ah ok, but judging by what would have been good by the movie... I think it would have been better off with much fewer lightsabers. (Think of the OT and how rarely lightsabers were used). And the Yoda/Palpatine battle would have been cooler (at least I think) if it were more like the Gandalf/Saruman battle, except with lightning and more TK and stuff. Yoda was fun at first with the saber, by the end it just looked... wrong. Same with the emperor, who didnt use sabers at all in the OT and had a mysterious menace about him as a result.

Kenpokarate 2
big grin ****ing movie was awesome! I loved the Mace Windu fight! When it shot to Papls face and he looked scared when Mace was starring him right in the eye, I was like kick his ass! =) The best fight scene was with Obi-Wan and Anakin though. Anakin got owned ... Nuff Said ...

astrofan428
One mistake equals owned?

What the hell?

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by astrofan428
One mistake equals owned?

What the hell?

Lets do the math ... Two legs, one arm, gone in less the 2 seconds by Obi-Wan, I would say owned.

astrofan428
Although throught the entire fight Obi-Wan is walking backwards fending off Anakins attacks.

Anakin made a mistake, had he jumped say to the side of Obi-Wan the fight wouuld have ended very differently.

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by astrofan428
Although throught the entire fight Obi-Wan is walking backwards fending off Anakins attacks.

Anakin made a mistake, had he jumped say to the side of Obi-Wan the fight wouuld have ended very differently.

Obi-Wan even told Anakin not to do it and Anakin got cocky. If you look at all of Obi-Wans lightsaber battles, he is usually always the one going backwards.

Kenpokarate 2
Regardless if you think he got owned or not, the best part of the movie was when cry baby Anakin was on fire. I was like BURN BABY BURN!

Jedi Priestess
Indeed, Pablo said way back when that Anakin would make a fool-hardy leap and that was it kids. yes

Kenpokarate 2
I also had a susden urge to say "ITS ALIVE," whenever Vader started walking from the operating table. laughing

astrofan428
Originally posted by Kenpokarate 2
I also had a susden urge to say "ITS ALIVE," whenever Vader started walking from the operating table. laughing

That scene wasnt that bad, remember he just got 2 new legs and also put on about 80 pounds, not to mention everything underneath is probably still smoldering.

Jedi Priestess
Damn skiippy, what did you people expect......him to hop up off the table and start tearing the room apart? Sheesh fanboys.

Darth Jello
i loved it. I think it's the best of the six. but here is the list (keep in mind this is not from a digital version):

Good things:
-Mace V. Sidious, Anakin V. Obi-wan, sidious V. Yoda
-Ian McDiarmid, I haven't been this disturbed by a villian since silence of the lambs
-the entire ending of the movie, especially the editing with Vader's reconstruction and the birth of the twins
-Sidious sounding like Hitler at the "Empire Day" speech
-Amy Allen's new piercing, I'm usually not a fan of belly rings, but yum, cutey
-I did like the acting for the most part
-the view from inside Vader's Helmet
Disapointments:
-Cut Qui-Gon scene
-Cut Yoda scene on Dagobah
-Cut all scenes with Mon Mothma, Fang Zar and the Delegation of 2,000/Rebel Alliance
-Cut flooded fuel room scene
-We did not get to see Grievous unmasked as promised
-Grievous, he was cooler than i thought he would be but not as cool as he was in the cartoon. Damn you Mace Windu!!!! one reckless force crush cost a character his coolness and gave him a lamer body
-Shitty sound and fuzzy picture (but that was the theater's fault)
-No hardcore Yoda on Yaddle action

Best line:"I AM THE SENATE!!!"
Worst line:"PREPARE TO ATTACK !!!"

StaR_WarS_4LiFE

Darth Jello
does anyone else think that with the release of bluray/hddvd, we'll soon see Kashyyk and Utapau at the end celebrations?

falcon

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
wasn't it awesome to see how anakin lost from obi-wan because of his weakness..? he thought he could make the jump to obi without gettin killed... the rest of the fight abi-wan was offiously losing...

the order 66 was great because 66 is the number of the devil...

I'm confused is Star Wars like the Hitler story.... that he gained power in a time ofcrisis... or the bush story....
Anakin is sayin... everybody who isn't with us, is against us... (black and white vision) bush said that too.. I hope bush has watched the movie
but who is shure about it Is star wars telling a story about WOII or about the evil bush??

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
I didn't see Master Yaddle at all... to bad i liked her

ArynCrinn
Seeing how grievous had part of him crushed by mace in the clone wars...he owuldn't be able to fight at his best ability...

And I still think mace windu would survive that...he is too cool to jsut die like that...he would become someone like Jolee in kotor.

And I was sort of crying in parts...especially during order 66...it's very sad...especially when it goes to yoda and he is like collapsing on the ground...

Darth Jello
Anakin was asking for it. Whenever you are aproaching or backing away from an opponent, your blade tip should be AT YOUR OPPONENT'S THROUGHT, not crossed across your chest.

oh, and if no one else got the order 66 reference, Executive Order 9066 was issued by president roosevelt and formally initiated japanese internment

Darth_Nefarus
Pros:
Excellent fight choreography.
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Sidious
Anakin(and his acting)
Padme got told
R2-D2
Order 66
Camera angles
Transformation to Mech Vader
Battle scenes

Cons:
Lack of explanation of Qui-Gonn/not seeing him
Some cheesy love lines
How Obi-Wan just handed the baby to Beru Lars, no speaking lol
Sidious never displayed anything that truly made him seem incredibly powerful, although he still rocked

I'll need to see it again

DarkYoda
The movie was VERY good. But I am so sad. I just have this terrible pit in my stomach now. It's all over. It was sooooooo tragic. Watching the pain of such characters as Yoda and Obi-Wan made me really upset. I seriously hate Palpatine now. I thought he was funny before... I'm changing my sig. So glad he bites it at the end of ROTJ. It really has changed my whole perception of Anakin. I felt like crying when Obi-Wan was telling Anakin how much he loved him and when Obi-Wan wanted to fight the Emperor instead of Anakin because he couldn't stand the idea of having to fight his brother. I am so incredibly depressed right now. Padme's death is so sad. *sigh* I'm very tired.

stefaan
I thought it was quite bad: the story was thin and everything went so fast. But all thing match now, and anakins fall was good. You see that he isn't a sith lord like palpatine. And i loved boga, those sounds are so sweet. But the movie didn't have the original feeling that it shoul have, i know this was done purposely but still.

DarkYoda
What original feeling are you talking about?

Camo Di Mass
I liked the way Anakin got all crazy on Mustafar while talking to Padme . When he's trying to seduce her for a moment he is forgetting all about her , he starts looking somewhere but not at padme , talking about his new empire , you see something in his eyes , that thing that we would see in eyes of Vader in OT if he didn't wear a mask . The movie has a lot of such great scenes . The whole "Putting in the suit " scene was just great . I don't remember me breathing during that scene . The way he screams from pain , and how he looks when the mask is put on . He see he is scared . I'm satisfied with the way he walked for the first time . It was in the book , how hard it is for him to breath , to move ....it couldn't have been shown better ...

bilb
Well I gotta say I am glad that they took their tim ewith the seduction of Anakin to the darkside. I know some feel it was too quick, but I think it was just right. All the little nuances & hints & stories Palps conveys to Ani, it takes a decent amount of time for all of that to transpire and I thought it was handled really well. Also, even with the Temple Slughter I found myself feeling REALLY sorry for Anankin at the end as he is being burned & then rebuilt.. grueling to watch but it really makes the OT more poignant

Camo Di Mass
Yeah , I also think the seduction and turn to the dark side was perfect . I totally understand why he did it . When I'm thinking about it now ...damn...I would have also turned . It's like , they tell you that you are the one since you're a kid but when you're supposed to use the power you're given , no one wants to help you to learn it . There was also the Padme thing . She was the only person that understood him and now she was supposed to die but suddenly someone tells you that it can be stopped . Shows you the way to get power you were suposed to get but the jedi didn't want to give it to you and then first it's like they make fun of you by letting you to be on the council but like "okey , you can be here , you cares ..." and in the end Mace and all the other Jedi leave him when he gave them Palpatine ... and what , you think "hey , they will kill this guy , Padme will die and I will be treated like crap by Jedi like I am now .... And he is like "No way" . And that's fully clear to me , the seduction is great , the movie is great . Amen ...

stefaan
Originally posted by DarkYoda
What original feeling are you talking about?

All of the moments were dark and depressing, but in the other movies the dark moments are followed by ''funny'' moments or little jokes. This movie was all dark also the use of colors was dark.

I also thought that anakin should've found out earlier that something was wrong with Palpatine.

sexyking

AntniEllison
I thought the movie was brilliant. i remember when it showed all the jedi accross the galaxy being killed my jaw had dropped n i didnt breathe lol my heart was racing. i thought the dream scenes were good and i thought the scene where anakin n padme were lookin out the window in 2 different places was great too. as for funny parts i found it quite funny when yoda walked into palpatines office n then threw those 2 guards againsed the wall n knocked them out with the force. Overall i was more than pleased with the movie i give it a 9 out of 10.

Richard FilmFre
did noone noticed DUEL OF FATES??? it was awsome to hear during the biggest SW fight ever!!!

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
hej stefaan voor jou ff in het nederlands man... schaam je als je revenge of the sith stom vond.... {[edited - some mods know Dutch)
ROTS was de bom

Force Adept
"also ... padme dies right after giving birth ... so how can leia remember her "real mother" as she said in ROTJ?? thats a major screw up there. no clue how lucas could get that wrong."

You know, I've been thinking about that, and it's not really a major screw up. It just makes you think. Luke came out first, Padme held him. Leia came out next and it looks like right before she held her, it cut to a different scene. Since Leia was the last to be born wouldn't you think she'd have some sort of connection with her dying mother?

It's really the last contact a mother has with her children, so why is it so hard to believe when Leia remembers her in ROTJ??

queeq
Because people have no memory before the age of four. That is a given.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarkYoda
The movie was VERY good. But I am so sad. I just have this terrible pit in my stomach now. It's all over. It was sooooooo tragic. Watching the pain of such characters as Yoda and Obi-Wan made me really upset. I seriously hate Palpatine now. I thought he was funny before... I'm changing my sig. So glad he bites it at the end of ROTJ. It really has changed my whole perception of Anakin. I felt like crying when Obi-Wan was telling Anakin how much he loved him and when Obi-Wan wanted to fight the Emperor instead of Anakin because he couldn't stand the idea of having to fight his brother. I am so incredibly depressed right now. Padme's death is so sad. *sigh* I'm very tired.

same here. cry

queeq
I still think it was a mistake to let Padme die.

zavin
this was one of the best films ever made!!!! when yoda and sidious were fighting, and duel of the fates started..i wasnt expenting that! so frikin exciting!

sexyking
Originally posted by queeq

Exactly because the force and star wars can be based on normal terms.

DeadStar
Originally posted by sexyking
Exactly because the force and star wars can be based on normal terms.

haha nice one :P

Force Adept
Originally posted by queeq

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Riiiight, maybe if you have brain damage or something.

12in77
cept for a few scnes it was computer gnerated eye candy only, not in the tradition of the original.

darthvader_fan
i havent seen it yet but will tomorrow does that count

Darth Vicious
I thought the movie was great, the fighting scenes were pretty good, how palpatine manipulated anakin was done really good, how the movie mostly tied to the OT, OBI 1 kicking Anakins ass even though he couldve used the force to push Obi out of the way before he jumped, Order 66 was so emotional and the transition from Anakin to mech Vader was done awsomely, overall i thought it was the best out of the most 3 recent movies and the bad, grievious, he was terrible, the wookies seemed to be there just for show but it was a great movie which im happy to say im watching again tomorrow. smile

Asajj's Finger
I was a little disappointed. But I am going to reserve judgement until I see it again.

I didn't cry over Order 66, I could feel the hate flowing through me though.

The best part for me was the scene where Baru takes Luke over to Owen and you could tell that they were going to love him like their own, and the dual sunset, just like Luke's scene in episode 4. SWEET!

(Was is odd to anyone else to hear James earl Jones voice as a young whining Vader?)

star22
I almost cried in the scene just before Anakin starts to burn, when Obi-Wan is talking to him.

Darth Jello
two other things I forgot-
pro: the Falcon WAS there when the Tantive IV was taking off
con:No confrontation scene between Grievous and Republic Navy Leutenant Lorth Needa (yes, that captain needa-being a badass)
and only a few hints of Sidious' theme/Sith Chant.

mike_kenobi
the movie ruled!!!! finally a movie was loaded with lightsaber fights! i was in line for 11 hours and it was all worth it!!! im sad that jinn wasnt shown in the movie and that the fight scene was cut a little. sad. it was the saddest movie i have ever seen. obi-wan played that final scene with anikan wonderfuly. it was so intense! well i agree that grevious should have been better. but obi-wan once again showed his intence fighting and kick anikans butt. whats strange is that mace had palpatine beat but yoda was on the ropes. "not if anything to say about it, i have"

mike_kenobi
its sad to say but that scene before anikan burns mad me cry

Darth MoonPIE
Everything was corny except Order 66, end dialogue between anakin and obi-wan, the two ending scenes with the babies.

I think ewan did an amazing job except the 'uncivilized' crap.

Overall I liked it, but the dialogue between ani and padme was terrible and sidious sounded like a pig being stabed in the ass.

The action scenes were nice but they werent amazing, my favorite was yoda and obi-wan killing the clones in front of the temple, and when yoda dispatches the commander and the other clone.

Dooku should of lasted longer but oh well, can't have everything.

Ladyluck
i loved this movie!!!it was awesome!!!! i just got back from seeing it and i'm still in a daze so i can't find anything wrong with it lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.