Qui-Gon(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
why wasnt he in Ep3! and then yoda tells obi that they can tlk to him through the force and never does. i think that needed to be added because obi never told Qui-Gon that Anakin turned to the dark side.....i just wanted to see his reaction or if he gave the jedi a nice big, "I got ya." but f***ing with the jedi to beleive he would bring balance when he really just put more weight on the scale to unbalance the force

DeVi| D0do
Methinks the only real reason Qui Gon wasn't in even as a voice over is because Liam Neeson didn't want to do it.

I could be wrong but I remember reading Neeson saying he hated his experience one TPM and didn't want to do any more... which is why they had to loop lines from TPM on AOTC. I dunno, I could be just making that up, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

I think it would have been better with a v.o. from Qui Gon, but I think it's fine just having it implied he's been talking to Yoda. Well, it's more than implied, Yoda straight out tells us...

Not everything happens on camera.

Qui Gon was right about Anakin, he does bring the force back into balance in the end... Qui Gon is the Master of the Masters of the Force.

That's why Yoda gives himself to Qui Gon's teachings... because Yoda and the Jedi were wrong in the ways they taught the Force and Qui Gon knew this...

All hail Qui Gon Jinn!

moonwalker741
I was fine with the fact that he wasnt in it, atleast they mentioned him

finti
a pathetic way to address this actually pressing issue, it was more like "oh bugger we need this in there as well, just squeeze it in toward the end"

queeq
I agree.
It was like this:

Yoda: "Oh, OB1, by the way, I got a call from qui-Gonn. Why don't you go and sit in the desert for 20 years and learn how to disappear and I will do the same in my swamp. I'm sure Anakin figures it out in 20 seconds when he finally comes to his senses"

No, GL promised us a lot on this issue and he doesn't give us anything really.

But, on the bright side, I read an excerpt of the original script with a scene between Yoda and QGJ.... trust me it was awful and lame. So I think this is better.

finti
still, we needed better than this though

DeVi| D0do
meh... I think it's fine how it is.

We get the point. Qui Gon learnt to retain his identity. He teaches Yoda and Obi Wan. Nuff said.

I'm also glad the midichlorians only came up once...

on that note... do you think it was implied that Plagieus created Anakin? that's kinda what I got from it... otherwise, why bring it up?

queeq
Yeah, Ian mentioned the M-word.... *shudders*

But we know nothing. GL promised us a lot, but just tosses it aside.

finti
I think it is there to make one speculate, the fact that Palpatine would create a thing that would eventually destroy him doesnt make sense. If I was to speculate I think Palpy played upon Anikans emotion to sucker him in, the story that Palpy told has as much of a chance to be a lie as it has to be truth. Palpy couldnt care less for Padme he just wanted Anakins service.

queeq
That was always clear. And Plageis couldn't have created Anakin because he died too long ago. Maybe Palpy's still Ani's dad.

finti
Palpy being Anikans dad would have made it more of a thick soup than it already are

queeq
As if that has stopped GL before. wink

finti
that`s true, but it would have been a poor poor move

queeq
I agree.

Lazerlike42
I don't think that Palpatine did create Anakin, HOWEVER, the evidence for it is not so much in that he tells Anakin the story, but in the very specific way Palpatine looks at Anakin when he says "create life." It is a very interesting look at the VERY least.

Cheesiness
Anakin is the Force incarnate. The Force is literally Anakin's father.

queeq
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I don't think that Palpatine did create Anakin, HOWEVER, the evidence for it is not so much in that he tells Anakin the story, but in the very specific way Palpatine looks at Anakin when he says "create life." It is a very interesting look at the VERY least.

But could also mean that he knows that's how to interest Anakin (with QGJ and mother dying and the prospect of Padme dying).

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by queeq
But could also mean that he knows that's how to interest Anakin (with QGJ and mother dying and the prospect of Padme dying).

That's possible but I don't see it that way because A) there is another part of Palpatine's speech about Padme dying, the "keep those you love alive" section, and B) if the look means anything at all it is the kind of look you'd give to the object of a statement.

Almost as if some people were hanging around and one is very stubborn, and another is commenting on stubborness and says, "some people are stubborn," and looks upon the stubborn fellow. The look you'd give in that situation isn't one of accusation just one of association or example.

That said I still don't believe Palpatine did create Anakin.

queeq
Weird comparison. Palpy is seducing Anakin and pushing all his sensitive buttons...

mossman
No, GL promised us a lot on this issue and he doesn't give us anything really.

At the end of tha day, all GL said we would find out in EP III was why some Jedi disappear, and some don't.
The reason is, quite simply, that it is something the Jedi need to learn how to do from QGJ.
I don't think GL made any promises (he is not obligated to us in any way) and even if he did, I think he has explained all he ever said he would - why some can do it, why some can't, why QGJ didn't disappear and why this becomes relavent later on...
smile

Lazerlike42
Well I know that's what he's doing I am just commenting on what the look he gives would represent were we to see it in everyday life. Whatever it is supposed to mean, that is what the look is that he gives. It could be he is trying to tell Anakin he made him. It could be Ian McDiarmid make an acting blunder, it could have been Lucas made a directin blunder, whatever.

I think Lucas meant to leave that question unanswered, kind of like the Yoda origins question.

queeq
Yoda origins??? Amazing...

I doubt that Palpy made Anakin and that look is just the look of anticipation and endulgement: something like... I know Anakin likes to hear that.

Lazerlike42
Yoda origins??? Amazing...

I doubt that Palpy made Anakin and that look is just the look of anticipation and endulgement: something like... I know Anakin likes to hear that.

confused I was under the impression that Lucas has forbidden the EU to discuss certain things, one of which is the species and origins of Yoda.... if I'm wrong I'm sorry am I?

finti
Lucas could have said bollocks to how the EU think about Yodas speices and origin, yet I actually dont see this aspect relevant to the story

bilb
Lucas has said he will never reveal Yoda's details

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
wait a ****ing second... qui-gon learned it from yoda!!!!!!!1

right????

queeq
Nope, Yoda learned from QGJ.

finti
yeah the ending sequenses of the movie made that clear

queeq
VERY clear in fact. *sigh*

finti
another GL shortcut that kind of ruined it for me

queeq
Quite. well, ruined is a big thing.... but he DID promise us after TPM to make it all clear. And he didn't. He's a liar like OB1.

finti
yeah GL ran out of fantasy

queeq
I think you mean imagination.

finti
no, he imagined a shourt cut so..................

queeq
A what?

finti
a short cut, the way he hastily scrambled it together in the end there

queeq
Time to wrap things up I guess.

finti
and what about Sifo Dyas and erasing the jedi archive?

queeq
Yes, good point. All that is vague now. Why introduce themes like midichlorians, disappearing Jedi, mysterious Jedi ordering clones etc etc when you don't do anything with it.

finti
GL you need to redo ROTS, like right now

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by finti
and what about Sifo Dyas and erasing the jedi archive?

THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!!!! yes

vader519
The Sifo-Dyas ordeal really does not belong in ROTS. They explain everything in the book Laybrinth of Evil.

darthvader_fan
i know why he wasnt in E3. BECAUSE HE FU****** DIED. OMG HAVENT U SEEN THE PHANTOM MENACE.

finti
thats EU and have nothing to do with the films

finti
Try attack of the clones instead smile

Jedi Merc
I heard that they were going to have Qui Gon but decided to cut it out in the end for some unknown reason. They should have had a ghost like thing resemblance to Ep. V and VI

DenKi
I know, why the hell didnt they include that, i was disapointed

finti
Dont think Liam too interested

Darth Plagueis
That was always clear. And Plageis couldn't have created Anakin because he died too long ago. Maybe Palpy's still Ani's dad. How do you know this? Plagueis is only mentioned in this film, for all we know, Sidious could have killed him 10 years before TPM, just before taking on Darth Maul....this doesn't really belong here, but since you brought it up.

robakin
Liam filmed a scene as Qui Gonn but Lucas cut it.
DVD anyone!!

Lazerlike42
I am not a big EU person in fact I've only ever read one Star Wars book in my life (Tales from Jabba's Palace), but I do know about LOE Syfo-Dyas story. I don't think it's made extremely clear in the movies, but I think between (especially) AOTC and ROTS you get the general idea that either Dooku or Sidious ordered the army/erased the files. Some people may want more explicity, but for me the idea the movies present matches the importance of the event. In other words, given the level of importance of the question (who ordered the army/erased the archives maybe a 6/10), the answer I think is on par (I'd say it's 5 or 6/10 in that it gives us a pretty specific answer, narrowing it down to two people, if not being ultimately specific.)

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by robakin
Liam filmed a scene as Qui Gonn but Lucas cut it.
DVD anyone!!

Possible, but the original intent was for Qui-Gon's voice to be heard during that part at the end on Bail's ship where Yoda is just sitting there with his eyes closed meditating. There was supposed to just be Qui-Gon's voice over that scene, so Lucas didn't cut the scene, just the audio of QG's voice, which presents to me the idea that it is a contract thing, though I'm not certain.

queeq
Originally posted by finti
GL you need to redo ROTS, like right now

You need to redo the whole PT, like right now.

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
who the **** is GL? and i still don''t understand shit about the dissappearing of all the jedi in the far starsystems that anakin mansioned to sid/palp

The Last Son
George Lucas. Anakin was referring to the way Genreal Grevious and Dooku had the Jedi chasing ghosts on the outter rim while they attacked the capital in the beginning of the movie.

queeq
It's a saying... not actual Jedi ghosts.

finti
I wonder if palpatine know about what Qui Gon achieved.
His word to Anakin" the ability to cheat death has been mastered by only one. We must learn how to reveal this mystery." This Darth dude Palpy refers too was, supposedly, able to create life with the use of midichlorians, if he cheated death he would still be around.
Yoda talks of one who has returned from the dead, one who cheated death.

Lazerlike42
Palpatine is talking about Plagiues, who THOUGHT he had the secret but did not (as it is impossible to achieve through the dark side source being ROTS script), and Yoda refers to Qui-gon as we see by Obi-wan says "Qui-gon Jinn?"

finti
thats my point Plagius wasnt able to cheat death, and Plapy talks about that there is only one who has mastered it and it cant be Darth Plagius cause if he did he would still be around.

Lazerlike42
You seem to be implying Palpatine was referring to Qui-gon, which he was not he had no clue about that. Plagiues couldn't cheat death because he was sleeping lol

finti
well I am actually implying that Palpatine was able to pick up on stuff with the jedis, why not this one ? But with Yoda and Obi the ones with this knowledge was going into sanctuary exile Palpatines chances of picking this up dissapeared.

tlbauerle
I agree...Palpatine is referring to Qui-Gon Jinn's immortality...he looked away for a split second like..."Oh...I dunno who, but SOMEone is able to do it...." whistle

Superfly4000
Shouldn't Qui Gon be inserted as a ghost at the end of ROTJ? And couldn't Anakin be a reborn Plageis?

mysterio69
Originally posted by Superfly4000
Shouldn't Qui Gon be inserted as a ghost at the end of ROTJ? And couldn't Anakin be a reborn Plageis?

reborn plagueis? cripes. thats deep. never thought of that one.
highly unlikely though. he was probably saying that plagueis KNEW how to do it. actually doing it is another thing entirely. he had to get anakin to follow him somehow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.