Order 66 - Official Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bobafett81
It was a momentous moment when Emperor Palpatine announced Order 66 throughout the Universe.

My theory is that the Clonetroopers had this inner built mechanism which made them pledge their allegiance to the Emperor when he activated the Order 66 code.

star22
Yes. They were built to be obedient, built for this express purpose in mind. They probably were hardwired to do it.

bilb
Thats exactly it. When they were being built/cloned/ what have you.. in addition to having growth acceleration & obediance instilled, they also had this code imbedded

Wat Tambor
Does someone already have footage of order 66 :P

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Wat Tambor

Go see the movie and then wait for the DVD.

Force Adept
Seeing this in the movie actually brought tears to my eyes...

sad

chilled monkey
bobafett81: So it was a sort of latent subliminal programming? That makes sense to me.

bobafett81
Originally posted by Wat Tambor

http://i.timeinc.net/time/covers/1101050509/gallery/images/07.jpg

mossman
"You'll find they are totally obedient, taking any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host." - Lama Su, Attack of the Clones

You must remember these are still human beings - not robots.
Order 66 is not "programmed" into them.
It is still just an order, from the head of the Republic to his grunts.
But the clones are genetically bred to be utterly obedient.

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
66 is the number of the devil!!!!!!!!!

queeq
No, it isn't.

smoker4
Your missing a vital digit

finti
you are 600 short of the number some claim to be the number of the beast.

well if the clones are genetically altered (We modified their genetic structure ) they are more or less programmed

queeq
laughing out loud

finti
my first reaction to order 66 was, Chicago to LA here we come, but then it struck me. Duh that was route 66,.....bye bye Jedi

queeq
And they were so very quickly wiped out. Showing another OB1 lie: "He helped hunt down and destroy the jedi knights." Very little hunting there, peeps.

LightSaber_Part
but how do the Clones know Palpatine??
because Commander Cody says "it will be done my lord"

and I think the clones are smart enough not to take orders from some one they don't know.

queeq
Probably programmed that way. After all, the Jedi are not their boss.

Echuu
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
but how do the Clones know Palpatine??
because Commander Cody says "it will be done my lord"

and I think the clones are smart enough not to take orders from some one they don't know.

He is the Supreme Chancellor of the entire galaxy.

Naredhel
Meh, kinda works as evidence for Palps placing the order for the clones really doesn't it...

Jedi Merc
"They are totally obedient taking any order without question." - Lama Su

that might explain it

DenKi
The whole Order 66 Scene and the Jedi being called was Very Emotional

palpy_666
If the clones are not genetically programmed, then why do they say "It will be done, MY LORD." Where did that come from? They've never called him lord before..

BTW, semi-off topic-- but it was so funny when Mace said to Palps: "You're under arrest... My lord!"

finti
just shows who`s been in control of the situation from the begining

queeq
And who ordered the clones in the first place.

DenKi
Sidious/Dooku

queeq
Erm.... yes, of course.

bilb
I loved this whole montage.. I thought it was really well done and the music was excellent!

Darth Dean
But if you notice, some of the Jedi could still be alive. Like Stass Allie (sp.?). You see the bike wreck, but she is not in the bike.

Lana
I could swear you see her being flung OFF the bike into something, though.

forumcrew
Originally posted by queeq
And they were so very quickly wiped out. Showing another OB1 lie: "He helped hunt down and destroy the jedi knights." Very little hunting there, peeps.

well he definantly helped destroy them with his actions.. and they dont know exactly who is dead after the movie, it seems like there are likely some stragglers that he will have to hunt down and murder.. they might not even ever find out it was anakin.

moonwalker741
I thought the scene was very emotional... the music was excellent

queeq
I agree, the music was a lot better than AOTC, the weaker brother music wise in the whole series.

yerssot
no. As said by Bail: they don't know who survived and where they are, considering they say after 19 years that Vader is now the only one of that "sad religion", it can very well be that he indeed did hunt down and destroy the last of the jedi knights but that it happens between the movies

Ushgarak
Absolutely- odd line for you to say, queeq; obviously that happens subsequently.

Smodden
Hi, Ush.

Don't the clones have ANY feelings...can they discern right from wrong?? At the very least one clone did say:"I'm sorry"...But still...any sign of friendship...or doing what's right???

yerssot
why should they? they're raised to obey, not to feel

Smodden
They ARE humans though, shouldn't they know a little about right form wrong??confused

yerssot
right and wrong is taught by education, if those from Kamino doesn't learn it to them, they don't

DCLXVI
Smod> Clones were grown to fight, to kill, to obey. I assume that the most regular of the Clones would have been modified further than, say, Commanders, so that they would be less ceseptible to "feeling" for those that they kill.

BTW> Which Commander says, "I'm sorry"?

Smodden
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Smod> Clones were grown to fight, to kill, to obey. I assume that the most regular of the Clones would have been modified further than, say, Commanders, so that they would be less ceseptible to "feeling" for those that they kill.

BTW> Which Commander says, "I'm sorry"?

Oh, I see....

The man that adopts Leia, (I forgot his name) When he flies back to the temple(?) He gets out of his ship and is confronted by clone/storm troopers...They raise they're weapons and prepare to fire, he questions them, and the trooper tells him to leave (mercy?) then says "I'm sorry_____"

astrofan428
No it wasnt mercy really, Bail wasnt a Jedi so he did nothing to deserve being killed.

DCLXVI
Ah....thanks Smod. wink

astrofan428> The Clones probably rationalized, (or Palpy said to them that), if any witnesses came close to the Temple while enacting Order 66, to kill them before they could escape and spread sympathy for the Jedi....

fezster
does anyone know what song was playing during the order 66 scene??

Darth Jello
something I read in a review somewhere, Lucas edited the scene in the Godfather where all the mob bosses are taken care of during the baptism scene. sound familiar?

jedijunky1138
Obi Wan reprogramed the signal so that the remaining Jedi will stay away. That scene was in there for a reason. I think that the TV series will show some of the jedi that survived being hunt down by Vader.

Captain REX
Probably, but I hope it doesn't look like crap, and each episode is just another Jedi dead... roll eyes (sarcastic)

GCG
Does any one here think that the Jedi could have survived Order 66 by using a Jedi mind trick the same way Old Ben did on Tattoine ? erm

Captain REX
Not on the Commanders!

And if they were shooting at the Jedi, methinks they didn't have time to go "You don't want to kill me..." *swish of the hand, flick of the wrist, snap snap* "...you are all bunny rabbits."

GCG
laughing

seriously

they could have 'flied', swayed their hand and said "I am not the Jedi you are looking for"

Lana
Doubtful....they were caught completely off guard for one thing. For another, that's a damn lot of clones they'd have had to mind trick.

koolruningz
Yeah it would have to be done to hundreds of clones at once to work, not even Yoda could manage that.

mysterio69
i was just sad to see aayla get gunned down.
mmmm...twi'lek.... love

astrofan428
Originally posted by mysterio69
i was just sad to see aayla get gunned down.
mmmm...twi'lek.... love

I swear it looked like she started falling before she got shot, I am glad she didnt live to be on the tv show/

mysterio69
i guess that's the magic of working with blue screens, i guess.
"ok! fall down! pretend people are shooting at you!"

astrofan428
And while we are on Aayla(wait a minute) confused

Whatever world she was on had to be the worst in SW historie. I know it was beautiful but it looked like a scene out of Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

mysterio69
anyone happen to know what that world was?

Milosz006

The movie obviously left room for Jedis to be killed between Episodes 3 and 4. Think about when Yoda and Obi1 had to recalibrate the homing signal. If there were no Jedis left they wouldn't need to do that.

As for the whole "genetically programmed", it is obvious that it was a simple order that was told to them, not some switch that was flipped. Notice how the troopers that were informed of the Order had to tell the other troopers of the plan. Also how Cody said "I understand, my lord", meaning that he had previous been aware, not that he was nice and suddenly went evil beyond his control. The clone troopers were aware that the Order could be called at any time, pure and simple.

jengafett
Ki-Adi Mundi did the best against his clones.
Plo Koon was helpless to defend himself in his starfighter.
Aayla was really weak against hers.
Stass Allie was stupid for not getting suspicious.

star22
How could they have gotten suspicious. Their abilities are blocked, more so for the less powerful. They have fought with and trusted these clones for 3 years. None of them even suspected, and that is not surprising.

bobafett81
Originally posted by Milosz006
The movie obviously left room for Jedis to be killed between Episodes 3 and 4. Think about when Yoda and Obi1 had to recalibrate the homing signal. If there were no Jedis left they wouldn't need to do that.

As for the whole "genetically programmed", it is obvious that it was a simple order that was told to them, not some switch that was flipped. Notice how the troopers that were informed of the Order had to tell the other troopers of the plan. Also how Cody said "I understand, my lord", meaning that he had previous been aware, not that he was nice and suddenly went evil beyond his control. The clone troopers were aware that the Order could be called at any time, pure and simple.

wow. good analysis!

Lana
anyone happen to know what that world was?

Felucia.

Lord Banshee
I thought order 66 was the saddest part of the movie. Expecially when Ki-Adi died.

queeq
Originally posted by jedijunky1138
Obi Wan reprogramed the signal so that the remaining Jedi will stay away. That scene was in there for a reason. I think that the TV series will show some of the jedi that survived being hunt down by Vader.

No way Vader's gonna be in the tv series.

yerssot
the queeq forbids it?

LightSaber_Part
there will be no main characters in the TV show

Lord Banshee
I think the order 66 part should have been longer:

-Luminara
-Baris Offee
-Quinlan Vos!!
(-Even Piel?)

mysterio69
Originally posted by Lana
Felucia.

thanks. smile

Lana
Originally posted by Lord Banshee
I think the order 66 part should have been longer:

-Luminara
-Baris Offee
-Quinlan Vos!!
(-Even Piel?)

Luminara is seen very briefly, she's the last Jedi shown and you see her being shot down in the lower left-hand corner on what appears to be a bridge or something. It's literally blink-and-miss-it, it cuts away IMMEDIATELY. I was a little peeved that Luminara was passed off like that and Barriss wasn't shown at all....even though I didn't really want to see them die, being as they're my favorite Jedi, I really wanted to see them onscreen again. And I think Vos should have been more than just mentioned by name.

thanks. smile

No problem smile

bobafett81
simply sad, isn't it?

Obi-wan2005
what! who is goin to be in the tv series?????/

astrofan428
Did anyone notice that Plo Koon(sp) was flying what looked like Anakin's old clone wars ship? The one he flew in the very first episode of Clone Wars, that looked like his pod racer.

Darth Dean
Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
what! who is goin to be in the tv series?????/

I heard somewhere that Daniel Logan would be playing Boba Fett on the show. Anyone else? It's just what I heard.

supatroopa286
look, the clones arent loyal to the emperor, they were loyal to the republic. Order 66 meant that the Jedi had become enemies of the republic. the clones were taught this since birth. they simply followed orders to protect the thing that they were born to fight for. if Palpatine just said to commander Cody or Gree

"Kill the jedi"

they wouldnt do it. they still thought the jedi were freinds of the republic, and would probably attack the emperor.

jerlark386
Originally posted by supatroopa286
look, the clones arent loyal to the emperor, they were loyal to the republic. Order 66 meant that the Jedi had become enemies of the republic. the clones were taught this since birth. they simply followed orders to protect the thing that they were born to fight for. if Palpatine just said to commander Cody or Gree

"Kill the jedi"

they wouldnt do it. they still thought the jedi were freinds of the republic, and would probably attack the emperor.

order 66 by itself meant "kill all the jedi and friends of the jedi"

the few sentences after it is just for added effect. Notice how order 66 takes effect instantly. The clones remain loyal even after there is no republic.

supatroopa286
i researched Commander Gree on the internet and it said that the clones were simply ferociously loyal to the republic. they just thought the empire was the republic with a different name.

Captain REX
Indeed, they should have shown more of the Jedi being knocked off.

Luminara and Barriss should have gotten more screen time, since they were well liked. Barriss was on Felucia with Aayla; would have been neat for her to go like "Aayla, no!" and then get blasted down herself. And Luminara should have stuck with Yoda... stick out tongue

Quinlan Vos? Meh...

dgeniu
Kinda unfitting that Ki-Adi died... After all he`s been through. Couldn`t he have used the Force to dive off that platform and land somewhere safely?

darktim1
There is a deleted scene with anakin killing shak ti as she meditates in the force maybe they'll put it on the dvd.

dgeniu
So... Do all the Council members (except Yoda and Obi 1) die? Even Eeth Koth? Noooo! Zabraks deserve so much better than this... Jedi zabraks at least...

It would have been funny if the clone commanders would have forgotten what the order was about.

Palps: Execute Order 66!
Cody: Pardon, my lord... What Order?
Palps: Order 66!!
Cody: I don`t get it? (turns to troopers) Hey, do any of you guys remember any 'Order 66'?
Troopers: What Order?!
Palps: Imbeciles...

Captain REX
Ki-Adi-Mundi would have fallen to his death.

Eeth Koth died during the Battle of Geonosis, in the gunship that was blown to pieces while Yoda and Mace watched. At least, that's what I heard. whistle

But yes, all of the Council members kick the bucket, with the exceptions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda.

dgeniu
Originally posted by Captain REX
Ki-Adi-Mundi would have fallen to his death.

Eeth Koth died during the Battle of Geonosis, in the gunship that was blown to pieces while Yoda and Mace watched. At least, that's what I heard. whistle

But yes, all of the Council members kick the bucket, with the exceptions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda.

No, that must have been Agen Kolar (the brown one). Eeth features in the Clone Wars mini-series.

About Ki-Adi`s fall... I dunno... Shaak Ti attempted many deadly jump in the Clone Wars when GG came to kidnap Palpatine and lived.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by fezster
does anyone know what song was playing during the order 66 scene??

Yeah, it's "Anakin's Betrayal"--#4 on the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. My favorite tho, is "Palpatine's Teachings" the one that sounds like a bunch of humming Tibetan monks, when the Chancellor educates Anakin about the dark side at the opera house.

Captain REX
Agen Kolar is killed by Palpatine in Episode III, dgeniu.

Where's Eeth Koth shown in the Clone Wars series?

DiamondBullets
I thought Eeth Koth, Yareal Poof, Oppo Rancisis and Yaddle were all killed in the Geonsian Arena. (for some reason Lucas clung onto Saesee, Ki-Adi, Plo, and Windu--but none of the other Council members from TPM)

True dat Rex. And Kolar's padwan was killed in the arena by a Geonosian sonic-wave gun.

Captain REX
Yup, Agen Kolar's Padawan, Tan Yuster, was the last Jedi to bite the dust in the Arena.

Yarael Poof and Yaddle died before the events of Episode II; Yarael Poof was shot while trying to capture Coruscant mobsters, and Yaddle died in a large explosion.

Oppo Rancisis, however, did not go to Geonosis. He died on Saleucami shortly before Order 66, during an intense fight. Stass Allie died on the same planet, but it was after the Republic had pulled out most of their forces, and Stass Allie and her clones were on recon.

supatroopa286
I dont mean to change the subject, but if Commander Cody was Obi's friend, then should he have warned him about Order 66?

Captain REX
Nope! No matter how good Commander Cody was friends with Obi-Wan, his true allegiance is to the Republic, not the Jedi. As soon as Order 66 was sent out, all friendship they shared was gone, without a thought.

supatroopa286
yeah, that is true. when you think about it, when youve been trained since birth, you tend to follow orders without question

SithHappens
The clones were made to take any orders. The fact is Sid was higher ranking than the Jedi. They would not disobey an order no matter how much I wish they would've.

Moff jango
it was a good cause! The JEDI were traitors!

Alkaselzer
Indeed! Those damned anarchists!

Moff jango
yeah

DiamondBullets
Yareal Poof was capped by gangstas?? I had no idea. Never heard of that.

DiamondBullets
....thats wierd, cuz I never would've figured that a Jedi Council Member (much less Poof) would ever go out on the Coruscant streets. He was probably trying to infiltrate some syndicate.

Captain REX
Apparently a band of criminals on Coruscant had procured some ancient weapon, in which Jango Fett and Zam Wessell were hunting to destroy it, and Yarael Poof became involved, but took one to the chest towards the end of whatever fight it was.

dgeniu
Originally posted by dgeniu
No, that must have been Agen Kolar (the brown one). Eeth features in the Clone Wars mini-series.

Ooops... I got caught up in zabraks... Agen was there when they "arested" Palpatine.

So, any survivers, other than Obi 1, Yoda and Anakin, of course?

Captain REX
Eeth died at the Battle of Geonosis; he was not in the arena, but arrived with the reinforcements and Yoda. He was blown up aboard the gunship that exploded that Yoda and Mace were watching.

Bijgreen
Eeth Koth survived that gunship attack. When then gunship crashed it took the life of a Klatoonian Jedi, Tarados Gon. Eeth Koth and Sora Bulq survived and the latter was pulled from the wreckage by Count Dooku and turned to the dark side.

queeq
Sounds like an EU thread to me...

|King Joker|
Yeah, that whole story with Sora Bulq is EU. But we know Eeth Koth survived the Battle of Geonosis from TCW.

queeq
Certainly not a EPI,II or III discussion. Moving this to the EU section.

Bashar Teg
http://dlewis.net/nik-archives/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/toilet-flush.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.