The Butterfly Effect 2 Has Been Confirmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ashtonsNO1fan
THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 2 has been confirmed for 2007. We've all talked about how it cud work but now its going ahead how can it be done? Sure they cud make a sequel if it was to the uk cinema ending. They cud even do a prequel about the babies before evan or maybe the fact that the baby evans mum has with her new husband being in the same womb cud have an effect on her and she cud have blackouts when evan did. anyway i hope evans in it in some way. Post your thoughts on here.

Cinemaddiction
It won't include any of the original cast, so I hardly think it will work, much less be released in theatres.

Pablo G
Why make another one ? I mean the 1st one was good and the ending couldn't have been better. So why mess with this guy's shitty life even more.

Pandemoniac
Again a fine example of hollywood's leeching attitude.... Every successful movie makes them think a sequel would bring in even more cash, just cause they slap the same name to it (instead of putting a little afford in thinking up a new idea). And after the succes of the first not bothering to match it's quality in the sequel, since they expect people to go see it anyway.
The Butterfly Effect was excellent, but a complete and finished story. A sequel could never match it, let alone surpass it.
Not that it would be impossible to make the sequel interesting, I just think they'll be cheap and sloppy on it, I expect it to be just the same movie in a different time/point of view/situation but lacking the originality, surprises and unexpected turns of events.
As much as I like the first, I would take a lot to drag me to the theaters for the second.

Wolfie
This is gonna be as bad as Bring it On Again.

BlackC@t
I wonder if some of you even read the previous posters post.

Someone said "How could they continue on with Evans life?"

IT HAS DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashtonsNO1fan

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I wonder if some of you even read the previous posters post.

Someone said "How could they continue on with Evans life?"

IT HAS DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiiihoo, so now we get Pamela Anderson going back in time to alter cosmetic decisions in her life. 'I ordered the pumpkin-size, and I won't take your 'melon's are the fashion' crap another time!'.
The sequel will suck ass, point!

BlackC@t
^ laughing

Darth Macabre
I don't think it will work, but from a certain stand point it could. I mean look at the Final Destination series, they tied both movies together remarkably well. If they can some how tie in Butterfly Effect 2 and the original it could work.

Tandrade
I think it will work because what if she has him again??????????????? sad sad sad sad sad sad

Cinemaddiction
If who has who again? Evan was born, unless you're talking about the DC ending. Either way, Kutcher and Smart are out, so what's the point?

Wolfie
There is no point. The Butterfly Effect is not an original idea. It's been done many times. Going by the logic of the people releasing this so-called sequel, The Butterfly Effect could be a sequel to A Sound of Thunder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.