Fav Moment/Little Detail in ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thejeditraitor
what are some of your favorite moments or details in the film that made you feel chills or smile? here are some of mine...

i loved the palps leaping into battle scene.
that scream you hear is a recording of a tasmanian devil i believe. they recorded one for lotr and it sounds just that way. it has a sick hissing, screaming thing going on. when it happened in the theater i was actually startled because it was LOUD! AWESOME!

boga's voice/sound

the magna guards staff sounds

gg's lightsaber antics were even cooler than i was hoping.

escape from the falling elevator

the awesome opening with the tie sounds coming from the right speakers

palps' voice changes when he's still palps. when he's telling ani to leave obi it's been overdubbed in a sidious type voice. the game has the the original kinder sound.

the fighting longs shots. i love long shots that show huge scope. like ani and obi climbing the broken lava collector arm and swinging at each other. and the most impressive shot to me was yoda and palps rising into the senate. that long shot was awesome.

as mentioned before seeing jar jar and boss nass at the funeral brought a new depth to their characters that you will remember when watching the other ep's.

ani and obi's saber lock and grapple was awesome but it was so fast i could barely tell what was going on. and the slamming each other down on the conference table was a nice touch.

the buzz droids attacking and the ice that forms on obi's windshield.

the japor snippet.

rainy coruscant was awesome. especially leading up to and during the palps confrontation and the awesome rain as palps shuttle w/ vader lands.

OH! AND THE MEDICAL TUBE W/ ANI LOOKED LIKE HAN IN CARBONITE!!!!

Lazerlike42
Yoda entering Palpatine's office and tossing the guards aside with less effort than it takes to breath.

DenKi
everyone laughed at that part

SuperFooB
My favorite "little detail" was when Yoda jumped and threw his saber into the clone troopers stomach. That got quite a few cheers lol.

Sith Master X
My favorite scenes:

-Palps voice change where he says "I am the senate."
-Palps spinning into the battle with Mace and the gang."
-Yoda knocking back the two guards into the wall. (lot of laughs there) Yoda force pushing the Emperor where he falls over his own chair.
-Anakin going up in flames.

acedanger
The scene with Darth Vader saying Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

J-Unit
My Best :

- Anakin being burned

- Order 66 Scene

- The slaughter

- mace windus fall

- and finallly Vaders comeback

The Last Son
My favorites: Artoo D2 lighting up the super battle droids
Mace windu getting electricuted
Palpatine fighting-scarry
General Grievous/Obi wan fight scene (too short)

Stefan Kojic
My favourite scenes: The duel, Anie cutting off Maces hand, Obi and Yoda in the temple , Obis words after the duel and the quarrel between Padme and Anie before the duel

Fire
idd General Grievous and OB1 fight was too short, Mace and Sidious was awesome as was Yoda and Sidious

also Obi and Yoda in the temple was a nice seen.

Lana
Yoda taking out the two clone troopers, and him smashing the Red Guards. Lots of cheers for those two bits (it seems everytime I see a SW movie in the theater there's tons of Yoda fans). Also, for some reason I thought the bit where Yoda hops up on Chewie's shoulder was hilarious.

Falacerjedi
Yoda tossing aside the red guards at the door (soo damn funny)
Obi-Wan's speech after defeats Anakin/Vader

mandalorian_war
R2 in the pile of dead battle droids

koolruningz
Yoda pushing aside the royal guards seemed to get the biggest laugh. I loved to opening space battle especially how the first cruiser was hiding the absolute mayhem that was going on when Obi Wan and Anakin cleared it. Also Obi Wan's exit from his ship on the Invisible Hand got a huge cheer.

CrazyEyes
My Top 10 Favourite Scenes

1) Yoda when he threw his sabre into the clone trooper (everyone in the cinema laughted at that part)
2) Yoda pushing the royal guards away with a motion of his hand
3) Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin arriving in Palpatine's chamber and activating their sabres
4) Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku
5) Yoda killing the first clone troopers who tried to kill him, before jumping onto Chewbacca's shoulders.
6) The montage where you saw all the Jedi die one by one
7) Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous (Lightsabre battle)
8) Mace Windu vs. Palpertine
9) Yoda vs. Palpertine
10) Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

jaden101
the wookie doing the tarzan impression...that rocked my socks

adamrubin
Yoda vs Sidious in senate
Anakin vs Obiwan
Obiwan Vs Grevious

Darth Bong
Anakin storming the Jedi Temple. That scene made him officially Darth Vader in my eyes. smokin'

kashmircat
palpatine getting knocked back over his chair and having his cloak fly up over his head...and then getting up and laughing insanely.

actually...any bit where palpatine was laughing

astrofan428
Anakin's disarm(bad pun) move to win the Dooku fight.

Yoda dropping his cane during Order 66

Obi-Wan telling Padme after confirming Anakin was the father.

Yoda impaling the the clone trooper than jumping on him.

Everything Anakin did or said on Mustafar(except his ill-fated leap).

Obi-Wan's post duel monologue.

The look on Anakin's face as the mask lowered.

The oh shit from the crowd after the youngling scene.

Many more...

Torik_Shai
Palpatine's smile as he reminisces about killing his old master.

Obi-Wan's "Goodbye old friend."

Grievous wailing on Obi-Wan.

Yoda dropping his cane and clutching his chest during Order 66.

Galactic Empire speech.

Yoda's saber throw into clone's chest.

Yoda knocking down the royal guards.

Sidious laughing as he rapidly chucks senate pods at Yoda.

Vader knocking away one of the medical droids while on the operating table. (The whole construction sequence was great but this one part made me really feel his pain.)

Star Destroyer bridge and the Death Star construction.

Darth Halo
Count dooku falling victim to GL's hand chopping fixation
Count dooku falling victim to GL's new head chopping fixation
Anakin getting burned (retribution for the younglings)
Obi Wan/Anakin fight

dedjedi25
when Vader shuts the doors so the separatist leaders cant escape(we get to hear a small bit of the Imperial March at this part also!)awsome scene.

Jedi Priestess
Anakin sitting alone in the Jedi council wrestling with himself over whether to go to Palpatine's while Mace is confronting him.

OB1-adobe
The immolation scene

the Padme's ruminations scene

When Anikan caught on fire

FrothByte
i loved the part where obi was calling r2 in his walki talki and r2 was trying to be quiet and hiding the walki talki

stefaan
Order 66, Obi-Wan and Yoda outside the jedi temple fighting clones, the whole anakin inside the armor.

nazgūl-lord
order 66, r2 d2 elektrocuting a super battle droid , yoda force pushing the royal guards against the wall

Falacerjedi
Originally posted by dedjedi25
when Vader shuts the doors so the separatist leaders cant escape(we get to hear a small bit of the Imperial March at this part also!)awsome scene.

I thought I heard a little bit of the Imperial March at that point but wasn't sure if it was really it or a tidbit of something else. Going to see it for the 4th time later today and going to keep my ears wide open when that part comes along.

Eleonora
I loved those brief and happy little moments between Anakin and Padme, such as their reunion, when Ani excuses himself from Bail and literally runs towards her. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic love love love

Eleonora
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Anakin sitting alone in the Jedi council wrestling with himself over whether to go to Palpatine's while Mace is confronting him.

Gotta agree with you on this one JP. That was probably the best scene in the whole movie.

Taistelukissi
Anakin's sixpack wink

Vader and the clones marching to the Jedi Temple

Darth Vader's first breath

And hi to you all! smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Yoda entering Palpatine's office and tossing the guards aside with less effort than it takes to breath. Originally posted by SuperFooB
My favorite "little detail" was when Yoda jumped and threw his saber into the clone troopers stomach. That got quite a few cheers lol.

Obi Wan talk after beating the shit out of Ani

Obi-wan2005
hi

Obi-wan2005
lol thats messed up let me try again

astrofan428
Another little thing...

The music playing when Obi-Wan talks to Padme, and while Anakin looks over Mustafar crying.

EDIT: By the way, what music is that?

thejeditraitor
i loved anakin's moans and groans as he's burning.

he's not just in pain he's also really, really angry.

Taistelukissi
I also think that Hayden succeeded very good as an actor when Padme told she was pregnant. He was convincing.

Asajj's Finger
Mace's close-up.

drex
My fav funny bit is when obi wan is trying to contact R2 but he is hiding from the super battle driods, i thought that was funny or is it just my sad sense of humor?

koolruningz
I also like the bit where R2 comes flying out of the doorway on the Invisible Hand and bangs into the wall, then the battle droids come in and R2 zaps on of them and gets booted over. Adds more weight to that droid at Jabbas palace calling him a feisty one in ROTJ.

mike_kenobi
-obi-wan vs anakin
-yoda vs palp
-yoda trowin graurds
-r2 burning super battle droids
-r2 runnin into wall
-obi-wans final speech 2 ani

maddani
for me there was just some thing about plaps on all fours trying to get away from mace when he lost his saber it looked so f@$kin cool plaps looked so scared

Robin Darkside
I thought the opening scene was pretty cool too, how the ships were flying around then all of a sudden it got noisy into the battle

JediStang
My absolute favorite little detail was that at the end, Owen was in the exact same spot, standing in the exact same position as Luke was in ANH. Freaky, but obviously planned.

Obi-wan2005
ani vs obi
yoda vs sid
elevator scean with robots and obi n anakin (freeze chopped them to bits)
Oil and jet pack
yoda and 2 red guards
apprentace killing clones
r2 shocking the battle droids
evrything that had to do with the force
yoda throwing lighsaber into clone
evrything that the jedi did that wa cool
obi vs grevious
and wookies ripping apart ship in water

MACE_SKYWALKER
The scene when Obi wan spots GG and his droids, has a little 2 second think then loses his robes, jumps down to their level and all we see is Obi standing up with an awesome cheeky smile on his face and he says to GG 'hello there!' Immense. Obi-wan rocks in Ep 3.

Red Superfly
The scene with the all grey Star Destroyers and the proto-TIEs, with full Empire crew and Governor Tarkin.

Mace vs Palpatine. My heart was racing. It was like watching a car crash. I knew what Anakin would do, but I was literally thinking "Oh God, don't do it!" despite the fact I knew it was as inevitable as the Titanic sinking. I loved every bit of this scene.

Opening space flythrough. It felt like a rollercoaster. Just that bit after the opening scrawl as we follow Obi-Wan and Anakin flying together for a while, no fighting, just the two ships flying through the war.

Anakin's speech about his Empire and the moment where I stopped seeing Anakin and saw Darth Vader, despite the fact it was still Hayden on screen. I loved how it tied in his need for order and really shown how bad he was, due to the fact he was already plotting to overthrow the Emperor, he was lost.

Order 66. That was brilliant. I loved the scene with the speeder bikes, and the way the Stormtroopers relentlessly shot Jedi even when they were dead on the floor, in true overkill style.

The funniest moment was Yoda walking in to the Emperors office and knocking the two royal guards down as though they were nothing.

jango fatt
Order 66
Yoda versus the guards
Ani cutting off mace's arm
The scene were Ani's legs got cut off
Ani waiting in the jedi council while mace is fighting with sidious

Oh and did anyone notice the red snowtroopers?

revolution_man
one of my favorite lines was when obi wan was like "Your new Empire??"...theres something in the way he says it...like "you've got to be kidding me or something"

Red Superfly
The bit where Anakin is clawing at the lava bank, with no legs and one arm, and just seems so full of hate, you can really see Anakin has completely gone. He doesn't want help, he recahes out to Obi-Wan and claws at the bank as though he's still trying to rip Obi-Wan apart, his rage doesn't die, and the last remnants of Anakin are destroyed, as his hair and his clothes ignite. It was very symbolic.

ShadowKing
the little things I thought were great:

the timing of Ani and Obi's conversation when they were in the ray shield and Ani says R2 will be there..then the R2 slide into the wall: priceless

Anakin's eyes after he was dismembered...devastating!

The way Palps told his advisors to leave at the Opera

The clone troopers rappeling into GG's landing bay

Commander Cody handing Obi-Wan his lightsaber

Yoda's force throw of his lightsaber! (Have only seen this in SW games)

Padme in sunrise...staring toward the Jedi Temple...beautifully lit

Ki-Adi's expression when he realizes his troopers have stopped following him

Palpatine talking Anakin down from killing him "...yeeeesss...I can feel your anger...it gives you focus..."

Envious Eyes
Here are a few of mine from the top of my head:

1. The birth of Darth Vader
2. General Grievous lightsaber spins
3. Grand Moff Tarkin appearence/StarDestroyer bridge
4. ULTIMATE POWER (Darth Sidious/Palpatine)

astrofan428
Dare I say one of the most emotional parts came from a cg character.

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/8579/yodaemotion29nk.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1197/yodaemotion32nh.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1008/yodaemotion14pj.th.jpg

SixOfTwelve
One happy little detail for me right in the beginning:
The chair Palpatine sits on as Dooku's prisoner looks almost exactly like the Emperor's throne in ROTJ - in fact, a lot of the room does: The stairs, the circular control panel thingies...

alienfreakjim
The Padawan leaping to save Bail Organa from the Clone Troopers (at the Temple). He holds his own for awhile, taking out some troopers, before he's overwhelmed! Awesome!

LiL nAstY GirL
Order 66

Padme's funneral...it was so beautiful

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by astrofan428
Dare I say one of the most emotional parts came from a cg character.

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/8579/yodaemotion29nk.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1197/yodaemotion32nh.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1008/yodaemotion14pj.th.jpg

I love how this part is so much like when Ben feels Alderaan has been destroyed in Episode IV.

orient_celts
Some of my fave moments.

-R2D2 tries to hide the communicator inside a bin just to 'quiet' Obi-wan's filtered voice but eventually the droids spots R2D2
-The elevator escape
-Yoda knocking back the two guards into the wall and sending the Emperor backwards over his own chair.
-Anakin in flames
-Order 66
- Obi-wan vs Anakin

maifoshis
the binary sunset at the end on tatooine was the best bit

Mahoimen
The scene where Anakin is choking Padme and he looks up and sees Obi-Wan standing in the doorway of the ship, gave me goosebumps, mainly because you knew the big duel was coming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.