Magical ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shef231
My own novel
I am planning my own novel. It is kind of the same to the Harry Potter's but mine has a completely different story line. My main characters will attend a school for magical education. i am asking people for any good ideas on what to add to my novel. Hopefully if the ideas are good enough i will add them to my novel, if it is a good novel i may attempt to get the book published. So PLEASE add your ideas!!!

Raven Guardia
if its our ideas its NOT your story.

weegie
I have an idea!
Right, the main character (a girl) will be attacked as a baby by an evil witch. and then 11 years later, she gets visited by a dwarf - called hagretta, and then attends this 'magical school' (i suggest you name the school - Warthogs!) She gets a best friend (whos ginger) called Rowena (who fancys a boy called Hermion). Then, throughtout the series of books, the evil witch tries to kill her, a war should start in the 5th book. Oh - The headmistress should have a lonnnng beard!
(sorry if this sounds sarcastic!) roll eyes (sarcastic)

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by weegie
I have an idea!
Right, the main character (a girl) will be attacked as a baby by an evil witch. and then 11 years later, she gets visited by a dwarf - called hagretta, and then attends this 'magical school' (i suggest you name the school - Warthogs!) She gets a best friend (whos ginger) called Rowena (who fancys a boy called Hermion). Then, throughtout the series of books, the evil witch tries to kill her, a war should start in the 5th book. Oh - The headmistress should have a lonnnng beard!

Beautifully said. yes

And I'm being serious. big grin

raenef
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
if its our ideas its NOT your story.
too true

Originally posted by weegie
I have an idea!
love it!!!!!

NoFate007
"How about a teen sex romp where you and your buddies are always trying to get some!" - Homer, The Simpsons

By the way I'm writing a movie, it takes place in a galaxy far, far away, where laser swords are used and samurai-like protectors are killed off to the point of near extinction. I'm thinking about calling it, Space Skirmishes...what do you think...

Seriously, your idea is Harry Potter with a new title, which isn't even posted here yet. Using the idea of a child who can do magic isn't the same, but if you have a school and stuff, you're gonna make too much of an homage to it and it'll be shot down by everyone. My advice, take the 3 basic concepts you want, ie, magical powers, child as main character, and whatever else you want, let's just fill it in now with "boy has a destiny". Then set your story in some place different than Hogwarts, and start from there, with a few characters and such, then build the story. Don't start by wanting to make a Harry Potter book, start by wanting to make a "Insert Title Here" book.

tigress
good point nut then again we have harry sabrina and the worst with out at the moment you need something with a different angle why not start by practicing you could write fanfiction based on the books but include a disclaimer many many people have done this already including myself and then go ot to their own work. take a look at

www.fanfiction.net but if you want to elaborate on someones ides on there ask permission first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.