what's your one ring of power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
I did a search and didn't find anything that seemed to be like this.

Basicly what i'm asking is,what item,or thing in your life is equivalent to the ring in LOTR.What is it that you know you should resist,but yet you are constanly fighting it?

For me it was smoking.However,I managed to get rid of my cravings,thus deystroying the ring that had power over me!

(metaphoricly speaking)

Smodden
^I know what you mean, smilie.

And congratulations on quiting smokingsmile

I've had struggles in the past, and being me, I always compare everything to Middle Earth, I related my struggles to the ring of power, resisting...and such...It's quite a good metaphor to help you acctually, Gandalf's words, "Never put it on"...gives you a lot of motivation.yes

Thorondor
Being in love with a lesbian.

shadowy_blue
Eurgh! *goes away and thinks for two weeks*

What would my ring be? I could say my own confusion at just about anything. You could probably say it's my own Gollum. It's really not a big deal though, it's just very annoying. no expression I even argue with myself sometimes, though I usually win. happy How I'd stamp that out is hard to even think about. But what evil could I possibly take away?

Also, this is going to sound really dumb, but what about death? I mean, in theory, if I could stop people dying, I would.

*realizes that she sounds too much like Anakin.*

OK, erase that. stick out tongue

*pauses to think and sighs in awe at her friend's cute dog sleeping on the sofa*

I don't really know how to describe this, and i dont want to offend anyone...but you know the whole idea of acceptance? Why can we not live alongside each other and forget our differences? I'm not talking race/religion in particular, but thinking that people are weird for worshipping potatoes or something (ok, weird example)

...wish I could've written something deeper, but it's just hard to think about it. confused

Thorondor
There would be world peace if that ****ING race known as Scally's would leave the earth, but that's a high hope.

Elessea
^_^ Shads...I know exaclty what you mean...people are just so quick to judge, and It irritates me like nothing else....why cant people just get allong...and be kind to one another...its not THAT hard..

*shuts herslef up before she goes into another rant*

mr.smiley
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
Eurgh! *goes away and thinks for two weeks*

What would my ring be? I could say my own confusion at just about anything. You could probably say it's my own Gollum. It's really not a big deal though, it's just very annoying. no expression I even argue with myself sometimes, though I usually win. happy How I'd stamp that out is hard to even think about. But what evil could I possibly take away?

Also, this is going to sound really dumb, but what about death? I mean, in theory, if I could stop people dying, I would.

*realizes that she sounds too much like Anakin.*

OK, erase that. stick out tongue

*pauses to think and sighs in awe at her friend's cute dog sleeping on the sofa*

I don't really know how to describe this, and i dont want to offend

anyone...but you know the whole idea of acceptance? Why can we not live alongside each other and forget our differences? I'm not talking race/religion in particular, but thinking that people are weird for worshipping potatoes or something (ok, weird example)

...wish I could've written something deeper, but it's just hard to think about it. confused

maybe not quit people from dying,but possibly end their fear of dying?

shadowy_blue
Something like that. yes

Thorondor
If someone doesn't fear death then they will die before everyone else. Not trying to be technically awquard or anything shifty

shadowy_blue
Not necessarily. Being not afraid to die doesn't necessarily mean that you have to go out there and find a way to let yourself die...or be killed.

mr.smiley
agreed.
Just because I know i can do something,doesn't mean I will.
Not having a fear of death will just allow you to be ready to pass at anytime.
That doesn't nessacerily mean you'rer going to go out looking to die.
like what shadowy blue said

Fëanor
dude....your avvy is just so much more than i need to look at sick

Smodden

Fëanor
Originally posted by Smodden
I dub thee, official messenger of the Smodden(me) eek! can i get that on paper, stamped, certified and signed?!!?

JohnnyBloom

Fëanor
okay no expression

JohnnyBloom
any luck yet?

Fëanor
dontgetit .... i'm afraid not

i've been sitting here staring at the monitor like this >> no expression

JohnnyBloom
aaahh
i know exactly what you mean - i've been doing that a lot tonight!

Fëanor
big grin...laughing

JohnnyBloom
well for ages no-one else was here - and i had to fight this big urge to have conversations with myself on these threads ... honestly, where were you people??
i don't know!!

Fëanor
yah...i've said just about the same thing

almost didn't come back...i said almost embarrasment

JohnnyBloom
ooh, don't you go wandering off - you must've sen how my name's plastered down the side of the most recent posts list thingy - i've been replying to every thread ever cos there's no-one here!!
*sigh*
it's quite sad that i've got this much time on my hands really

Fëanor
HA! i usually do that later on at night....just to see my name kind of thing embarrasment

JohnnyBloom
hehe - yeah i've noticed whenever i come on first thing in the morning!!! big grin it just says FEA everywhere!!!
laughing
i know i've only just said it's sad, but it's actually quite cool seeing your own name down the whole side of the board - except i do it because i reply to all the threads cos i have something to say, even if it's just a lol .... not to "see my name kind of thing" stick out tongue

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I did a search and didn't find anything that seemed to be like this.

Basicly what i'm asking is,what item,or thing in your life is equivalent to the ring in LOTR.What is it that you know you should resist,but yet you are constanly fighting it?

For me it was smoking.However,I managed to get rid of my cravings,thus deystroying the ring that had power over me!

(metaphoricly speaking)
Daniel ;p

Murray
This sounds really coincidental and awkward, but I call it my most prized possesion, and it actually is a ring. Sterling silver with two dolphins circling a tiny gem. I've had it for 4 years and i wear it every day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.