shiar empire and gl coprs vs the star wars universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
The starwars universe seems realy big so i thought both teams would be better than one.
This seems like it would be a huge freaking battle but what do you guys think?

Beyonder
Either the GLs or the Shiar can take out the SW universe easily. Not even a fight.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Beyonder
Either the GLs or the Shiar can take out the SW universe easily. Not even a fight.

I don't know enough about the entire SW universe to comment. however, it seems to me that the GL corps (the 3600 members one) wouldn't have much trouble taking care of things by their lonesome. Remember it's been said they can even create dimensional rifts.

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
Indeed smile

Nuff Said! Excelsior!

Wickerman
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Indeed smile

Nuff Said! Excelsior!

Your weirdish reply posts are beginning to scare me mon ami confused

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
"Animals fear, humans overcome their fear". Bene Gesserit Sisterhood Dune

Originally posted by Wickerman
Your weirdish reply posts are beginning to scare me mon ami confused

~wickerman~

Beyonder
I don't know enough about the entire SW universe to comment. however, it seems to me that the GL corps (the 3600 members one) wouldn't have much trouble taking care of things by their lonesome. Remember it's been said they can even create dimensional rifts.

~wickerman~

Yup. Take a handful of top tier GLs and the same result would happen: easy victory.

As for the Shi'ar, they use a few nega bombs and blow the hell out of the SW universe.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Beyonder
Yup. Take a handful of top tier GLs and the same result would happen: easy victory.

As for the Shi'ar, they use a few nega bombs and blow the hell out of the SW universe.

big grin

Wickerman
"Animals fear, humans overcome their fear". Bene Gesserit Sisterhood Dune

this is coming from the insanely wise convent that initiated you by making you put your hand in a little black box that would make you feel like it was burning shifty

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
this is coming from the insanely wise convent that initiated you by making you put your hand in a little black box that would make you feel like it was burning shifty

~wickerman~

It is indeed, how funny is that wicks and well done few on here read books smile

Wickerman
It is indeed, how funny is that wicks and well done few on here read books smile

I would also like to mention Frank herbert sucks monkey balls IMO. Asimov will forever wipe the floor with him. As would A.E. Van Vogt (Yes, i read a lot...A LOT)

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
He was not as prolific but his ideas were more spiritual and environmental, both have dated a great deal in the same way Wells and Verne did as predictions they made have happened or been seen as scientific Dead Ends. This will happen to modearn great writers like Banks it is sadly the way of things. Have you read the Hyperion Books I thought the shrike was pretty cool and would kick the surfers arse lol smileOriginally posted by Wickerman
I would also like to mention Frank herbert sucks monkey balls IMO. Asimov will forever wipe the floor with him. As would A.E. Van Vogt (Yes, i read a lot...A LOT)

~wickerman~

Wickerman
He was not as prolific but his ideas were more spiritual and environmental, both have dated a great deal in the same way Wells and Verne did as predictions they made have happened or been seen as scientific Dead Ends. This will happen to modearn great writers like Banks it is sadly the way of things. Have you read the Hyperion Books I thought the shrike was pretty cool and would kick the surfers arse lol smile

Haven't read the Hyperion books. I don't suppose when you say Shrike you mean Silkie do you?

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/awrbooks/html/BooksinHTML/hyperion.html

Space Warping, Machine of Destruction
Haven't read the Hyperion books. I don't suppose when you say Shrike you mean Silkie do you?

~wickerman~

Wickerman
http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/awrbooks/html/BooksinHTML/hyperion.html

Space Warping, Machine of Destruction

Ooooh.....looks very very nice. But if you want something really good.....you should definitely try the Silkie by Van Vogt. It's absolutely incredible. I was a kid reading it, and in my teen angsty what does God feel like phases....and after reading it (towards the end he becomes like God and then back) it blew my mind.... http://vanvogt.www4.mmedia.is/silkie.htm

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
Ooooh.....looks very very nice. But if you want something really good.....you should definitely try the Silkie by Van Vogt. It's absolutely incredible. I was a kid reading it, and in my teen angsty what does God feel like phases....and after reading it (towards the end he becomes like God and then back) it blew my mind.... http://vanvogt.www4.mmedia.is/silkie.htm

~wickerman~ big grin

Wickerman
big grin

OMG wasn't it absolutely freekin BRILLIANT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
The book that blew my mind as a kid was Odd John by Olaf Stappleton, It freaks you out cause it was written in the 30's and predicts so much, way coolsmileOriginally posted by Wickerman
OMG wasn't it absolutely freekin BRILLIANT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

~wickerman~

Wickerman
The book that blew my mind as a kid was Odd John by Olaf Stappleton, It freaks you out cause it was written in the 30's and predicts so much, way coolsmile

haven't read it but i;m sure it is. You have to understand though that 90% of these books were considered illegal here and simple possession of them would lead to jail if someone found out. But fortunately that stopped bout 15 y ago. Gotta love communism

ps: we've taken this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic sad

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
Where are you then Wickerman?

Wickerman
Where are you then Wickerman?

time to leave this out of the thread. I'll pm you so that Paola doesnt get upset. We;ve been Off topic for too long anyway sad

~wickerman~

mr.smiley
wow.

I guess it's pretty much decided then.I was expecting more of an arguement ,but oh well

Wickerman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
wow.

I guess it's pretty much decided then.I was expecting more of an arguement ,but oh well

lol....sorry for killing the thread mon ami....but it did seem pretty obvious sad

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
smileOriginally posted by Wickerman
lol....sorry for killing the thread mon ami....but it did seem pretty obvious sad

~wickerman~

mr.smiley
Revive!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.